[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is why you never show all the stretch goals of a kickstarter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

This is why you never show all the stretch goals of a kickstarter before they are close to be done.

You can see all that could have been in the game.
>>
File: 1324684888539.jpg (31KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1324684888539.jpg
31KB, 500x446px
>>377858983
>$100,000 for 3 skins

Didn't even need to read anything else.
>>
>>377859391
You do know that's not how stretch goals work, right?
>>
>>377859653
$775,000 for everything in the red
$875,000 for the first thing that isn't red

875,000 - 775,000 = 100,000

They needed to raise $100,000 more for 3 skins. They did not. Why not? Because the stretch goals are trash. That's the point. Either you're retarded or you can't do simple math.
>>
>>377859808
Stretch goals are incentives, not a cost.
>>
File: 1489603332128.jpg (92KB, 626x725px) Image search: [Google]
1489603332128.jpg
92KB, 626x725px
>>377860045
How much does it cost to reach the incentive? That is the cost of the stretch goal. If you don't pay for it, you don't get it. You did not pay the cost. You do not get the goal.

You're fucking DELUSIONAL if you somehow think those things with big numbers right next to them are not things with costs.
>>
>>377860297
Stretch goals work as "If we reach that we can get this!" Not "This cost this".
Are you really not understanding?
>>
>>377860386
>if I reach that price I can get this candy bar! not "this candy bar cost this"

you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>377860386
Are the things they list as stretch goals determined by them?

Yes.

Are the costs they list next to those stretch goals also determined by them?

Yes.

They propose a product to give to you, and they propose a price you pay to receive that product. If you are unwilling or unable to pay that price, they actively refuse to give you that product.

You must be fucking brainwashed or something. Or genuinely have a sub 90 IQ.
>>
>>377860494
No. Stretch goals are incentives.

"If you get good grades we can go to Disney Land!"

Here if we reach X amount, we get a price. That's not a cost. Cost is the needed amount of money to manufacture something. It does not cost 100 K to build 3 skins.
>>
>>377860702
>Cost is the needed amount of money to manufacture something
oh is that why things that cost literal pennies to manufacture have a cost markup of several hundred percent at retail
>>
>>377860702
We're well aware it does not cost $100,000 to create 3 skins. That's the point.

THAT'S THE POINT.

The incentives are so well beyond ridiculous that they're insisting they should receive $100,000 more for one person's work over maybe 4 days.
>>
>>377859653
>>377860045
>>377860386

literal idiot
>>
>>377861124
They thought it would be vastly more popular. But they fell in the bad time for Kickstarter. But to be fair, there is a ton of stuff that still made it to the game. Offline NPC's and ect. And when it releases it will make even more stuff.
>>
>>377861213
Incentives are not a cost.
>>
>>377860702
Cost is what you pay for something, price is what you value it at.

They valued 3 skins at 100k, so it COSTS 100k for the consumer to get three skins. You're looking at it from the price-gouging producer's perspective. Three skins are not worth that much, so people will not pay the cost.
>>
>>377862167
1. They did not value 3 skins at 100 K.
2. There is more cost associated to skins than you would think. They have tons of copyright issues to deal with too.
>>
File: 1418340925367.jpg (17KB, 330x150px) Image search: [Google]
1418340925367.jpg
17KB, 330x150px
>>377862149
So when I threaten to beat the shit out of you, but I give you an option for a non-beating incentive that's listed at $1,000, you can't have me arrested for extortion and racketeering?

You are retarded.
>>
>>377862321
Extorting money is not the same thing as incentives. You are dumb.
>>
>>377862739
Legally there is no difference. Money is exchanged. You are attempting to split hairs for no reason. Whether you call it a cost or an incentive, how much it ACTUALLY lightens the wallets of people is exactly the same. The end result is the same. Everything is the same except for what you call it. So this begs the question; why bother trying to make the distinction if they are exactly the same?

Go ahead and try to explain, with an example, how a cost is different from an incentive, and I will invariably respond to you with "what you just said is the cost" because there is no example you can rationally provide that is an incentive in exchange for money that cannot be described as a cost for the people who pay it.
>>
>>377862957
Legally there is a huge difference. Nobody is threatening you with bodily harm if you dont reach an incentive.

Threats and incentives are different. Incentives is "You will gain if you reach that"
Where a Threat is "You will lose if you do not reach that".

Please. Tell me you are not dumb enough to think that racketeering and incentives are the same thing.
>>
>>377862957
>Legally there is no difference. Money is exchanged.
How retarded can one person be?
>>
>>377863693
>>377863880
You do not understand the four fundamental principles of motivating reinforcement. There are 4 things you can do to convince someone to do something.

Give them something positive (reward)
Give them something negative (discipline)
Take away something negative (relief)
Take away something positive (punishment)

Putting an amount of money someone needs to reach to either receive one of these or avoid one of these is a cost. Not an incentive. The incentive is the thing itself. How much money it takes is the cost.
>>
>>377862957
>>377863693

Not him, but you're both ignoring the fact that Kickstarter and stretch goals work slightly differently from simply buying a product - specifically, the backer tier that you pay for "guarantees" that you're getting a product, and whatever amount you paid to enter that tier is tallied up in the total donations so far. In this case, the cost is the amount you wish to pay to reach that tier. The real incentive is whatever the fuck you get at that tier (the game, an artbook, a handjob from the developer, etc). I've always seen stretch goals as more of marketing tactic to drum up more interest and donations than an actual product being advertised. It lets the people on the fence know that they can try to contribute and add content to the game.

Technically speaking, you're not ever paying for stretch goals.
>>
File: 1477178448688.png (215KB, 306x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477178448688.png
215KB, 306x375px
>>377858983
>donating to a kikestarter
>ever
>>
>>377864252
How much the stretch goals COST is written down for all to see. It is the cost. There is no other way to describe that because that's exactly what it is. What you get in return is up for debate, but the amount of money involved is not only tangible, it's fucking quantifiable down to the cent.
>>
>>377864210
Without bothering to address this post at all, it's completely irrelevant to your statement that legally there's no difference between extortion and providing an incentive for a purchase.
>>
>>377862230
>There is more cost associated to skins than you would think

He's right, you're looking at it from the perspective of the producer.

How much it cost to make the product, and whatever legal hoops they were required to jump through, is completely irrelevant to the buyer.
>>
Stretch goals only work when people are super excited and the goals feel attainable from where the KS is.

MN9 and Bloodstained had the same successful idea : reveal a few within reach to keep hype building, add more once they get there.

I backed Bloodstained. They probably had more ideas in the pipeline, but we hit everything they showed so I'm satisfied.
>>
File: 1326472198084.jpg (9KB, 204x242px) Image search: [Google]
1326472198084.jpg
9KB, 204x242px
>>377864508
You misunderstood. The analogy was just to illustrate a point. I wasn't claiming extortion was exactly the same as anything. I was claiming the cost for a stretch goal and the cost of a stretch goal was the same thing. What I've been saying from the beginning. That should have been apparent but I suppose everything needs to be spelled out for you fucking morons who somehow think the big ass fucking numbers next to things do not signify how much that thing fucking costs.
>>
>>377864885
>You misunderstood.
>>377862957
>>Legally there is no difference. Money is exchanged. You are attempting to split hairs for no reason.
I agree with the original poster, you are dumb.
>>
>>377864376
>How much the stretch goals COST is written down for all to see.

The difference is that you're not buying those, you're buying whatever the fuck you got at your backer tier. Unless your name is Mr. Rich McMillionaire, you're not gonna be paying 800k for some shitty skins.

Say you walk into a store and you want to buy a bag of fruit. You can put as much fruit in a bag as you want and pay by the pound. You pay for it, and notice a little meter at the cash register goes up an infinitesimal amount (you have super vision). You ask what it is. The clerk says
>That adds up all the money paid by every customer for a bag of fruit. If it reaches a certain amount, everyone who bought a fruit bag also gets a bag of vegetables.

The bag of fruit is the product. You paid the cost for the fruit, and got that product. The bag of vegetables is what you get if there are enough fruit bag purchases.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.