[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sure I'm just asking for shitposting but I tho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I'm sure I'm just asking for shitposting but I thought it's worth asking anyway.

I know someone who wants to play through this game and while they're able to understand and appreciate the level of depth to this kind of game they haven't been playing games that long and honestly lack the time to give a full dive into these systems in order to master them, but would still like to experience what the game is in broader terms.

I know that Bayonetta and Vanquish have some sort of "auto" mode and Bayonetta 2 has the touch screen thing, but I honestly have no memory of Wonderful 101 having such systems since I played it on release and never use the things myself, since mastering the combat systems is why I play any of these games. (meaning I also don't know how much these "auto" modes actually do/take away)

I know Inaba has talked about why Platinum has such accommodations in their games, and that it's generally something they like to have so anyone can complete them, so I figure W101 probably isn't an exception. (Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/268401/Platinum_Games_guide_to_action_game_design.php for any interested in their design philosophy)

So I was wondering if any could tell me if there was such a system present, what it was and how much control it still leaves up to the player. While the person would prefer a more easy flow through the game, they certainly don't want the game to just completely play itself which is what Nier Automata does if I recall.

Also W101/Platinum/Clover thread, because why not, it certainly doesn't take 500 posts to answer this question.
>>
>>377856956
I don't remember having something like Bayonetta. The most that the game had was easy mode and the ability to draw the different unite forms on the gamepad
>>
>>377857317
I wonder how easy "easy mode" is. Drawing might help though.

Only asking here because Google didn't have an answer when I looked, could only find Vanquish articles, oddly. (And my Wii-U is buried at the moment)
>>
>>377856956

I don't have the game but i texted my friend who bought it and he said he doesn't think it has it.
>>
Theres a block called "auto" that gets applied when you use easy or v. easy, not sure what it does though as I've never used it
>>
>>377858596
Oh yeah, there is an auto-guts thing, I imagine it probably just blocks every time you're about to get hit if you have battery and aren't doing something that isn't cancellable.
>>
Eh fuck it, I'll go ahead and have them take their chances with easy or very easy and see how auto-guts works. Appreciate the answers, hope this thread gets some good use.
>>
>>377858854
No not that one, there's an equip that seems to be an equivalent to the auto doll in bayonetta
>>
The game is pretty forgiving considering it always drops you right off where you died.
Not that you're going to on very easy because enemies do so little damage.
>>
If you play on easy you get the auto-combo unite bit. That's really it though you still gotta do all the dodging and drawing and everything yourself.

So long as your friend has decent reflexes and knows the dodge and block buttons he can probably muddle through the game with mostly silver and a few gold trophies on normal. Just let him try it.
>>
File: vijounnetongue.png (323KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
vijounnetongue.png
323KB, 600x800px
>>377856956

Honestly, I would tell them to play on Normal anyway... W101 doesn't throw you into the deep end right away so long as you're observant and buy Guts and Spring right after the prologue You gotta pull up your big boy pants sometime, after all, and with the game respawning you literally right where you die, there's nothing to lose except ranks.

But yeah, playing on Easy or Very Easy auto-equips a custom block that pretty much does everything for you while you mash A. The only thing that doesn't automatically happen is weapon switching, IIRC, and all the various QTE stuff.
>>
Is it worth finishing?

Not trying to troll or anything. Got it for free from the Club Nintendo exploit. Only did the 1st level/tutorial and stopped afterwards.
>>
genuinely love the gameplay but i could never get into the saturday morning cartoon vibe
>>
File: vijounneicon1.png (155KB, 408x332px) Image search: [Google]
vijounneicon1.png
155KB, 408x332px
>>377860436

Yes.

If you like Platinum games, it's definitely worth it. Arguably the best Platinum climax of any game they've done, which is saying something considering Bayonetta and MGR are pretty high up there.

And the combat is really great once it clicks with you and you start juggling and dodging and getting those Pure Plats.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.