[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the quickest you've ever returned a game you bought?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 419708i13F7A1C60376F987.jpg (493KB, 1600x1074px) Image search: [Google]
419708i13F7A1C60376F987.jpg
493KB, 1600x1074px
What is the quickest you've ever returned a game you bought? I had this for maybe about a month before i just gave it up
>>
Sacred 2 It's the only game i've ever truly regretted purchasing I sold it after playing for less than an hour
>>
>>377853750
True Crime is great why'd you return it?
>>
>>377853962
Not the sequel though
>>
>>377853962

in what world? the game is shit.
>>
File: persona3fes.jpg (209KB, 800x1142px) Image search: [Google]
persona3fes.jpg
209KB, 800x1142px
>>377853750
when i found out that you couldnt control your party members i returned it the next day.
>>
>>377853750
I returned Dragon Age 1 the day after I bought it and got MW2. I made a very good choice.
>>
>>377853750
Homefront revolution
6 days
>>
>>377853962
It's only OK if you've never played any GTA games.
>>
>>377853962
true crime was terrible
>>
>>377854830
You are literally tripping on some potent narcotics. There was all kinds of crazy shit you could pull off in that game.
>>
>>377853750
fuck you, I liked it
>>
File: GodHand_PS2Box_USfinal.jpg (188KB, 650x917px) Image search: [Google]
GodHand_PS2Box_USfinal.jpg
188KB, 650x917px
Bought it in the morning returned it by dinner time it was that bad.
>>
Loz botw
I returned it in 3 days
>>
I loved fucking around in that game. Get a high enough wanted and a death car would chase you down
>>
>>377855152
>look guys I have shit taste
>>
>>377854982
>>377855031
>he didn't have fun beating up married couples and having a boss fight against a dragon

Fucking plebs.
>>
>>377855247
yeah, a lot of shitty games has some fun parts in them, whats your point?
>>
>>377853962
It's flawed. I like the b-movie story and characters, and the random crimes are relatively fun, but the driving and shooting aren't exactly great.
>>
>>377853750
But this is one of the few great games to copy GTA III, even better than most of the GTA sequels themselves.

>GTA III world
>Max Payne bullet time shooting
>beat 'em up mechanics
If I remember correctly it combines all three. Whereas the GTA sequels first added bloat to III, then went for further and further realism.. and both these reduced the affinity GTA III had with /arcade culture/. I think there was also more stress about regulating your behaviour in True Crime, so as not to dilute your good/bad cop reputation.

>>377854697
OP is the 1st.

>>377854830
How so?

>>377854840
Did you not immediately find it a redflag when you heard it was a JRPG (shallow strategy games that focus on the looks and sounds, with a bit of exploration).

>>377854982
As I said, it combines GTA with another classic of 2001, Max Payne. Whereas the GTA sequels suffer from entering a more casual era than when the original was released.
>>
>have GC version
>block button doesnt exist, you hold back
>usually just start running away and get your shit kicked
>>
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. Played it for like 8 minutes before assuring myself it's like all the other shitty incomplete sandbox shooters.
>>
>>377855456
The biggest flaw in True Crine was the fact that your ability to access the different story branches was determined by your reputation for no real reason.

I would have preferred if your reputation affected other things like NPC reactions or dialogue in cutscenes.
>>
>>377855831
>The biggest flaw in True Crine was the fact that your ability to access the different story branches was determined by your reputation for no real reason.
Well lacking a rationalisation sucks, but at least it made it something to worry about rather than a meaningless feature.

>I would have preferred if your reputation affected other things like NPC reactions
Well considering how repetitive, meaningless, and annoying that was with TES: Oblivion in 2006, maybe it's best they didn't attempt that.

>or dialogue in cutscenes
Again, this tends to come across as meaningless if it doesn't also affect any of the actual game mechanics, like the story branches. In fact that's the problem with virtually every RPG that at most player choices let the player choose between different linear branches (which are often cliches) rather than influencing how a branch plays out itself (like in Deus Ex).
>>
>>377853750
I returned Boktai 2 for Megaman X Collection after a little under an hour, didn't even play it. The manager (who was working the till) advised me 'not to do that again'
>>
>>377853750
bf4
>>
I returned my Switch with Zelda after I realised how swindled I'd been over poor hardware that can already be emulated.
>>
>>377853962
they put all that time, effort and money into recreating LA and forgot to make a decent game
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.