[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>easy >normal >hard which one and why /v/, i want a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

File: 1319498258514.jpg (64KB, 233x246px) Image search: [Google]
1319498258514.jpg
64KB, 233x246px
>easy
>normal
>hard

which one and why /v/, i want a detail answer. i personally go normal every time unless it's a game that i'm extremely familiar with or have played several games in the franchise previously before this one. the only way i go hard difficulty is if there's a specific trophy/achievement for it.
>>
if I don't pick hard right away, I'll never be able to enjoy even a remotely challenging playthrough since it's too late to pick hard after you're used to the game, it'll just be another Easy mode.
>>
File: 1495516494357.png (4KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
1495516494357.png
4KB, 302x237px
>normal is too easy
>hard is too hard
>>
>>377849541
Pick hard first if you wanna git gud at the game
Normal if you just want to play it
>>
>>377849747

>what is nier automata
>>
>>377849747
>But modding in beautiful waifus is just right.
I like you. This is what you implied right?
>>
>>377849541
Normal, almost all of the time, hard on a second play through if I really liked it.

Last time I played easy was for the Dawn of War games. I like going through the campaigns for each faction more than actually challenging myself, there.
>>
>>377849541
Depends on the genre but usually I go with hard because I like the challenge
>>
>>377849541
normal first run since it how the game is meant to be played.

Hardest for second play through
>>
Easy: no challenge (and therefore no fun) at all
Normal: reeeeeeeeeee
Hard: The AI cheats, but is still dumb as fuck
>>
I go with Normal. I want a proper challenge or at least experience without either shit being too easy, or being masochistically hard.
>>
I usually play games once unless I like them a lot. So I pick the hardest difficulty available at the start of the game. I enjoy a good challenge, even if it's that fucking artificial dificulty or I have to grind for hours to overcome the challenge.
Also I like to overlevel anyway, so hard makes the game balanced for me.

I can only feel like I truly completed a game if I complete it in the hardest difficulty.
>>
>>377849541
I usually play second top difficulty then bump it up when I'm familiar with the game. For stealth shit like Deus Ex or MGS I always play top difficulty no matter what
>>
>>377850537
Total war?
>>
>>377849541
I only play on the hardest difficulty available unless it's a game that i know for a fact was not designed with casual mongoloids in mind (see Ninja Gaiden)

If you have the time to post about """""""video games""""""" on a Cambodian cave painting board but don't have the skill or drive to play games on hard then...well what the fuck is wrong with you?

>Those faggots that do Let's Plays and play on easy.

If i was given absolute power these people would be in line for public execution next to murderers, thieves and liars. Fucking disgusting
>>
>>377851135
>blah blah blah

Nobody gives a fuck. You don't have any power faggot...you're on a "cambodian cave painting board" dreaming about being a dictator. Stick to playing videogames moist faggot.
>>
File: When the grab is just right.jpg (54KB, 1280x632px) Image search: [Google]
When the grab is just right.jpg
54KB, 1280x632px
>>377851257
>when you somehow trigger some sperg faggot without even trying
>>
I usually go normal because I feel that's the level of difficulty the game tends to be best balanced around. I will go to upper levels if there are gameplay incentives for it though, rather than simply making the game more difficulty for difficulty's sake.
>>
>>377851440
>get BTFO
>lmao u triggered????

every time
>>
>>377851712
Back to /b/ you fucking underage
>>
>>377849541
Always start on the hardest difficulty and then turn it down if its too intense/stupid, but it's usually rare that I ever do. The challenge is what makes or breaks games for me and a majority of the time normal is way too easy even if Im unfamiliar with the mechanics at first

For a recent example, I played Horizon Zero Dawn on very hard and thought it was great. Every fight felt intense and figuring out how to approach each fight as I got more weapons was fantastic. I went bitch mode at a point though where there was a horde of robots all attacking at once and changed the difficulty to normal. It was a cake walk, barely a challenge at all and didn't feel fun to do since they died so easily. After I redid it on very hard, I knew I made the right choice in the first place and didn't touch it after
>>
>>377851645
>I usually go normal because I feel that's the level of difficulty the game tends to be best balanced around

This hasn't been true for almost 2 decades
>>
>>377851135
>this is the mentality of hard mode players
calm down dude its just video games
>>
>>377851881
>le casual and proud XD

Fuck off you retard. Learn what Comedic Device stands for
>>
>>377852030
>all this teenage angst

Let me guess your homeboard is either /pol/ or /r9k/?
>>
>>377852165
>homeboard

Look at this faggot...
>>
Hard, because generally I don't replay games unless I truly enjoy them.
And usually hard mode playthroughs unlock the most content where applicable.
>>
Hard if hard makes the game more challenging.
Normal if hard makes the game more tedious.
>>
>>377852239
Congrats on outing yourself as a newfriend, take this BTFO and leave
>>
File: 1408442211101.jpg (24KB, 444x495px) Image search: [Google]
1408442211101.jpg
24KB, 444x495px
>>377851793
>>377851440
>get BTFO
>spergs because he got BTFO and starts calling people underage because he's mad
>>
>>377852541
>He doesn't live here, how new
>>
>>377849541
>know nothing about it
normal
>know gameplay is really fun
normal or hard
>know gameplay is average
normal
>know gameplay is pure shit or only care about the story or exploration or something
easy
>ng+
hard
>>
>>377849541
Normal as I don't have a lot of time nowadays to play. If I play on Hard, I take longer to finish a game.
>>
Always the hardest difficulty
Some faggot games have the highest difficulty locked, so i end up beating them twice
>>
>>377849541
You finish it on normal and if the game's good and you want to play it again, you play on hard and the subsequent difficulty choices. That's unless the dev is a cheeky cunt and claims you're supposed to play it on heroic or someshit.
>>
>>377849541
>hard
I always start out on the hardest difficulty because it's the easiest option to go off of. Easy is always too easy. Normal is suppose to be the in between but how am I suppose to gauge that?

I start on the hardest because it's easiest to determine where the comfort zone is between difficulty and fun
>>
Normal. It's how the game was designed to be played and any other difficulty is usually imbalanced.
>>
>>377849541
I'll most of the time play on normal, because generally I feel like that difficulty is how the game was designed around, and I prefer playing the game how it was sortof designed, rather than just bumping up difficulty cus muh achievements.

I will go hard or above though, if the game just really is that easy, or if I'm replaying
>>
>EUROPEAN EXTREME

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>377849541
Just Google what the difference is each time you get something new. The internet exists.
If it's just "lol you only get 1/10 of the usual experience LMAO" then I play on whatever's reasonable.

There are some games where it's advisable not to start on hard under any circumstances too.
>>
Normal to actually play the game and have fun.

Hardest on the second go to beat it/cheevo hunt it.
>>
>>377849541
easy = I'm too much of a casual to play the game at the normal difficulty
normal = I want the experience the devs handcrafted for most players
hard = I want artificial difficulty
>>
>>377849541
There is no right answer honestly. It depends entirely on the game. The difficulty levels of games just vary too much. But If there are 4 options, I'm most likely pick the second hardest difficulty.
>>
The correct order is normal, hard, extra hard, hard but with restrictions to yourself and extra hard but with restrictions to yourself.
>>
>Vidya I want to plough through to clear my backlog
Normal
>Vidya I want to savour
Hard
>>
>>377852802
>Some faggot games have the highest difficulty locked

This is more common in action games, where if they are worth anything it will work as a training wheels situation where they want you to get familiar with basic mechanics first.
>>
I only do hard if I really know the game well or if its a horror/thriller game because it takes a lot to scare me and the added difficulty helps keep me tense. Most games I start at normal and if I run into difficulty I just bump it down to easy and continue on. I dont find struggling with the same thing over and over fun and don't feel rewarded or like I've achieved anything when finally getting past it because it's a video game and ultimately amounts to nothing so why bother when I can just throw it down to easy and get past it?
>>
>>377853543
>Most games I start at normal and if I run into difficulty I just bump it down to easy and continue on

What does a faggot like you even get out of videogames? Flashing colors and moving things?
>>
>>377853756
Its been my hobby since childhood and now I'm jaded, depressed, and dont really get a dopamine jolt for 'succeeding'. I enjoy the input and being able to interact with a story or live in a world and learn about it. Video games can be fun, but they dont feel rewarding anymore, especially when it means repeating the same segment over and over just to prove something to yourself or someone else.
>>
hard just cause its a bit more exciting
>>
>>377849541
Depends on the game and gameplay.
I usually go for hard mode if its satisfying (games such as DMC).
On the other hand, i couldnt bother play Alan Wake past easy, because even though the rest of the game is really cool, the combat is boring, easy, repetitive and increasing the difficulty only makes it slower, not actually harder.
>>
>>377849541
The only games where it is absolutely unacceptable to pay on anything but hard mode are puzzle games.
>>
>>377854046
Yeah no, I've been depressed for fucking 15 years and I've been jaded all my life. You don't play video games to prove anything to anyone, the fuck are you even talking about? It's the difference between sheepishly staring at pretty colors moving on screen and having some basic level of mental and physical challenge.

Has it ever occur to you that maybe you don't find games engaging anymore because you never got the memo on what the core principle behind games was in the first place? All that you described is window dressing
>>
>>377854636
>play games for the reason I like or you're a faggot
Alright.
>having some basic level of mental and physical challenge.
the only reason you seek challenge is the rewarding feeling you get for besting the challenge. I don't get that, so I dont care if its challenging or not. Why does that upset you so much? I never once said I dont find video games engaging because if I didn't I wouldn't play them. I said I dont see the point in challenging myself in a video game because it doesn't feel rewarding. There's a big difference.
>>
>>377849747
>>377849828

This. The difficulty levels are absurd. Either you die in two hits or you absolutely cannot die even if you play eyes closed.

Made me drop the game.

As for the topic, I usually choose hard or difficulty 3/4.
>>
>>377849541
hard
because im not a faggot
>>
>>377854989
No, that's how brains work. Your brain can't derive pleasure or enjoyment from something if it's going through it on autopilot.
>>
>>377855032
That's because it's a shit game. Actual good action games do more with their difficulty than just move a damage slide
>>
>>377855460
Maybe he just wants to feel immersed in a well crafted world. People don't seek the same thing while playing. I'm like you, I cannot enjoy a game that is too easy. I like to think of a stratagem or tactic to beat difficult situations. But I can understand people playing for other reasons.
>>
>>377849828
I started it yesterday and I don't know if I can keep playing just because of this. What a shitty ass difficultly system. I never feel like I'm having fun, either bored or pissed off.
>>
>>377855460
>you either slam your head against a wall over and over or brainlessly autopilot through, there is no inbetween
in my original post I stated if I find myself struggling with the same thing over and over I'll lower the difficulty. This doesn't mean I'm just 'autopiloting', I'm just not bothering with the annoyances that come with getting stuck because there's no rewarding feeling that comes with getting past an area I was stuck in compared to just getting past it on an easier difficulty.
>>
>>377855715
>>377855032
Get a refund while you can. Played until first ending and I had no desire to go on because of this. Yeah I know the game gets interesting after second ending but bite me this is stupid. I don't want to play the same shit just to maybe enjoy the next 10 hours.

I can hear fanboys screaming but I did the same with first Nier. Those games have great world building and story but it's very repetitive.
>>
>>377855986
Fuck, gonna return it tomorrow, thanks anon. I really wanted to love this game.
>>
>>377856081
Me too anon. I just ended getting bored.
>>
>>377849541
I go normal. This is usually what the game is designed and balanced around, it's closest to the developers idea of how the game should be. Hard is for subsequent playthroughs, easy is only if I literally can't get through this game.
>>
>>377849541
i go hard if i think the game is supposed to be challenging, normal if it's just a casual kinda game and easy if my gf wants to watch me play so she can enjoy the story without me repeating bits or getting frustrated or w/e.
>>
>>377856314
>>377853038
That is completely false. Normal difficulty isn't thought to bring you the most natural experience. It is thought to appeal to the broadest audience meaning casuals. Games difficulty has been brought down for 10+ years now. Normal resemble more easy than easy.
>>
>>377849541
Depends
>Strategy: Normal
>Shooter/survival: Hard, if the game sucks I drop to Normal
>Third Person action: Normal
>Puzzle: ???
>>
>>377855649
Immersion goes hand in hand with interactivity which is itself tied to presenting challenges. You might not notice it at first but the more you play the more it will whittle away at your experience until there is nothing left but a boring smooth media stump.

>You are a professional monster hunter that deals with problems no one else can
>"Geralt a cockatrice be reckting mah shit HALP"
>"Cockatrices are blah blah blah, blah blah blah is effective against them blah blah blah"
>Follow the GPS quest marker to the Cockatrice location
>Follow the fluorescent breadcrumbs to the Cockatrice
>Left click spam the Cockatrice to death
>"Oh praise be to the Gods master Witcher!"

Where is the immersion?
>>
>>377855156
>likes it Hard
>isn't a faggot

Sure thing faggot.
>>
>>377855932
>slam your head against a wall

I can't recall a single instance where this has happened to me.
>>
Easy = Gamergirl mode
Normal = Easy
Hard = Normal
Extreme or whatever you call it mode = Hard
>>
>>377849541
It depends how I feel like.
Sometimes I want to play the game with a real fucking challenge, I want to feel powerless while I crawl my way into becoming great.
Sometimes I just want to play but easy mode is usually too fucking easy so I play on normal.
I don't play on easy usually.
>>
>>377849541
Normal because it's what the developers intended, unless it's shit like Mega Man where Hard was Normal and Easy didn't exist.
Easy is usually braindead fucktarded mode and Hard is usually just numbers multiplied to make every fight a turtlefest.
>>
>>377856314
>>377853038

Absolutely this >>377856569

The only way this is not clear to anyone is if they were not around to see the change happen.
>>
>>377856081
>>377856189
Why don't you just pirate it? If you end up liking then maybe buy it or something.
>>
>>377857061
I honestly think nowadays Easy is there for people with physical and mental disabilities, and i don't mean this as an insult to those people.
>>
>>377857756
I don't remember what game I was playing but I selected Easy just for shits and gigs and I swear to god some of the enemies were dying even though I was shooting nowhere near them. I would just not shoot and they'd start falling to the ground dead I shit you not.
>>
>>377851135
>>377851440
>>377852617
im going to play dark souls with a trainer
>>
>There are people in this thread that thinks normal is the way it's intended to play by the devs

Highest difficulty is the only way. The other options are for dumb and dumber people so the devs had to go easy for them.

>Artificial dificulty

When is this meme going to end?
>>
>>377849541
Hard
Anything else you won't actually get good and just passively imbibe pixels for your seratonin release like a cuck
>>
>>377850537
>challenge = fun
end this meme
>>
>>377849541
I usually do the hardest difficulty available because that's how I get the most enjoyment and challenge out of a game. I don't do it to prove something. It's mainly because I like it. Most of the time, it forces me to learn the mechanics of a game and I get better appreciation out of a game that way, and sometimes, normal is too easy for me to get enjoyment out of.

That said, there are specific times that I will lower a difficulty. Normally, I don't mind simple damage and stat modifiers with mixed up enemy waves as a change of difficulty, but it becomes pointless when the damage modifiers from enemies can kill you in one to two hits. The only other time I dropped a difficulty was with Injustice 2 against Braniac since he was able to read your inputs, had infinite character power, unblockable moves, and would punish you for 60% of your health with every hit regardless if you played offensively or defensively.
>>
>>377861341
>Fighting games difficulty

Playing SC5 on the hardest difficulty was the single worst video game experience i can think of. Nothing but input read bullshit.
>>
>>377849541
Normal first time around to see how the game is, then hard for replaying. If I start off hard, then the game would give off an improper presentation on the difficulty. Kind of like those people who complain about a game being hard all the while starting their first game on the hard difficulty.
>>
File: daisoujou.png (233KB, 640x527px) Image search: [Google]
daisoujou.png
233KB, 640x527px
Games are no fun to me unless I get a bit of challenge out of them, normal is usually too easy so I just stick to the hardest available and step down if it's too much.
>>
>>377849541
I normally play one difficulty above normal.

Except for RPGs, I usually check what differences are there between difficulties and decide based on that. Nocturne's hard mode for instance is plain bullshit
>>
Always pick hardest difficulty available. Always feel like a worthless scrub playing with blocks if I'm not taking on the hardest challenge. Satisfaction from games comes from self satisfaction and overcoming challenging scenarios or doing something impressive, rather than seeing a story through or escapism. I think I have a problem.
>>
>>377849541
I go with normal unless the game is known for being easy.
The thing about difficulty settings and games for me is that I find the most fun in a challenge I can beat consistently. The difficulty needs to be such that if I'm not focused I will lose, but I still win consistently if I do. If it's so easy that you can just mindlessly mash through it or if it's hard enough that you'll be retrying 10 times to accomplish anything then the fun stops. it needs to be just right.
>>
File: 1395197317336.jpg (122KB, 428x476px) Image search: [Google]
1395197317336.jpg
122KB, 428x476px
>>377849541
Hard because I am a hard man with a hard body and I need a hard videogame to get my rocks off.

Generally only on shooters though.
Hard on strategy games almost always just means giving the AI tons of cheaty bonuses which pisses me off, and hard in RPGs depends on the game. Bioware games typically just means HP bloat so skip it, but if you're playing an Infinity Engine game then hell yes play on full regular rules so your enemy can crit and you can roll a 1 for HP when you level up.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.