[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what everyone is bitching about: not only is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: pontiff06_tc.jpg (838KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pontiff06_tc.jpg
838KB, 1920x1080px
I don't know what everyone is bitching about: not only is the combat faster and more exciting but I'm getting more of a challenge than DS1 could ever offer. Pontiff Sulyvahn has killed me more times in this single run than Gwyn has in my six of DS1.
>>
ya if there was a boss rush mode it would be great

too bad about all the terrible stuff between bosses though
>>
Pontiff is difficult if you suck at roll dodging.
>>
>>377849428
Idk having shield really let me cheese this boss
>>
you can parry pontiffs red sword

makes the fight a lot easier if you're good at parrying
>>
>tfw no well what is it
>>
why DSIII threads out of nowhere? wasn't that released like a year ago? are they giving it away or something? I don't understand
>>
>>377849428
circle to the left, try to kill his phantom so he wastes time summoning it
>>
>>377849428
I don't think anyone is bitching about the combat.
It's basically everything else.
>>
How did people find him hard? I beat him in like 4 tries my first play through and haven't died to him since
>>
>>377849428
The bosses are clearly better in 3. Only 1/4 bosses are terrible (tree, deacons, wolnir, oceiros, wyvern and gravetender), rest up is pretty good or straight up fantastic. The problem is that many things in between is not very good.
>>
>>377851628
DLC.
>>
>>377849428

You shouldn't take the following 2 groups on /v/ serious:
- nostalgia cucked sons of whores. I wish all nostalgia high retards would be tortured to death irl. These subhumans think DaS or DeS is the best game in the franchise.
- low IQ, low originality cancerous kids wanting to be meme-lords, so they hate on DaS3, like the good brain dead drones they are.

This is the objective ranking that nobody can ever change, it is a fact and not up for debate:

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS
>>
Pontiff is actually the worst way to sell this game to people because he doesn't have indicators on some of his attacks that tell you when he swings and in what way. He is easy as cake with a greatshield + magic shield though.
>>
File: 1494977689207.gif (3MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1494977689207.gif
3MB, 400x226px
I honestly don't know how anyone could think the level design in DaS3 is anything other than trash.

There's an absolute shit-conga of bad levels from around the third area up until Lothric Castle and even a lot of these later areas like King's Garden and the tutorial area rehash are awful. This isn't even mentioning how linear the game is.

Why does everyone ignore this?
>>
>>377856631

DaS3 has the second best individual level design of all the games. Much better than DaS, that is for sure. DaS levels are nothing special, the world interconnectivity is special, not the individual levels.

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS 2 > DeS

Die from aids son of a whore.
>>
File: 1457977019418.png (11KB, 399x494px) Image search: [Google]
1457977019418.png
11KB, 399x494px
>>377857181
>DaS3 has the second best individual level design of all the games.

It's arguably the worst. At least half the levels can be summed up as "like [level from previous Souls game] but not as good" and then you've got absolute rancid shit like Catacombs/Lake where it's like they just gutted out some chalice dungeon assets and shat out a featureless labyrinth with no real encounter design.

>entire argument is a vague conclusive statement punctuated with a franchise ranking

Just about sums up your average DaS3 fan.
>>
>>377856631

The level design is great, I think. Even the 'bad' swamp areas are quick with some fun enemies when you know where you're going or have quick step.
>>
>>377849428
>getting wrecked by boss, only getting a couple hits in per fight
>give up and bring in an NPC phantom
>boss completely ignores me, letting me spend the entire fight pummeling him and his phantom in the back of their heads
Guess I didn't have to git gud.
>>
I killed him on my first try solo 2h a katana back when the game first came out. I don't even remember anything about the boss, but it sure as fuck wasn't difficult. Replaying the game now, so we'll see if /v/ just sucks at gaming or if the Sulyvahn meme holds any merit.
>>
>>377857652

Cathedral of the Deep and Undead Settlement anally rape all levels in Dark Souls, this is a fact.

DaS3 Catacombs/Lake are better than Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins.

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS

This is factual objective ranking from a real fan that loves ALL THE GAMES and has 5k+ hours in them.

I am replaying Demon's Souls atm.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.