[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's safe to say the only people who like this are those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Oblivion.jpg (681KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion.jpg
681KB, 1920x1080px
It's safe to say the only people who like this are those whose first game was Oblivion.
>>
File: bwpkzml5o5ny.png (487KB, 3555x2198px) Image search: [Google]
bwpkzml5o5ny.png
487KB, 3555x2198px
>>377843154
Probably, yes. I still start it up sometimes just to get a dose of nostalgia.
>>
File: 250px-MorrowindCOVER.jpg (30KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MorrowindCOVER.jpg
30KB, 250x333px
t's safe to say the only people who like this are those whose first game was Morrowind
>>
>>377844182
objectively incorrect
my first game was Skyrim and Morrowind is my favourite.
>>
>>377843154
I tried to play Morrowind back when it was first released and dropped it because it was fucking shit. Oblivion is better in every way.
>>
>>377843154
oblivion was my first elder scrolls, but daggerfall was the best.
>>
>>377843154
Can confirm. I bought this as my first TES game after watching the X-Play review
>>
>>377843154
My first game was Pokemon but I like Oblivion so fuck your theory.
>>
I remember all the fucking lies they tried to sell people about this game before release. Fuck Bethesda and fuck Oblivion. Underage faggots don't know and that's why they like this trash game.
>>
>>377843154
Oblivion was my first TES and I fucking despise it
>>
Morrowind was my first, but I prefer Oblivion just because of the combat being almost okay. Also it did have some very technologically impressive things for the time.

Scaling was garbage beyond belief though.
>>
>>377843154
I liked it and my first TES was arena.
>>
>>377843154
How to make oblivion a good game
>Mod out level scaling
>Mod out the psychic guards
>Mod out having to go into oblivion gates so many times if you're gonna do the main quest
>Maybe add some stuff from morrowind that was removed or enhance the combat a little

How to make skyrim a good game
>Download dozens of mods to fix every part of the game and restore all the shit that was removed for console players, hope they all work with eachother and the game doesn't just crash constantly

oblivion has a decent setting and some great quests while making melee and stealth characters actually fun, unlike morrowind which is a spellcaster game (a great one, but a spellcaster game)
>>
>>377844718
>Also it did have some very technologically impressive things for the time.

...Like what?
>>
>>377844292
You know nobody believes you.Even if you aren't lying(You are) every body will think you are lying.
>>
>>377843154
Nah, my first TES was morrowind and i think oblivion is great game aswell, definitely has a soul and was made with passion. Skyrim on the other hand is indistinguishable from any other modern triple-A. Everything is familiar, easy to grasp and shallow and you can feel the compartmentalized no-risks game development process on every aspect of the game, there is no love and there is no life beneath the shiny surface.
>>
File: 1489769839472.png (3MB, 1024x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1489769839472.png
3MB, 1024x2304px
>>
>>377845110
>Skyrim on the other hand is indistinguishable from any other modern triple-A. Everything is familiar, easy to grasp and shallow and you can feel the compartmentalized no-risks game development process on every aspect of the game, there is no love and there is no life beneath the shiny surface.

all of this holds true for oblivion as well

>oblivion is great game aswell, definitely has a soul and was made with passion.

oh you're insane, never mind I guess
>>
>>377845085
(I'm not)
>>
>>377843154
Morrowind was the first TES i played and my favorite but i enjoyed Oblivion and play it sometimes.
>>
>>377843154
My first game was skyrim and i think its good but i liked oblivion much better because of its story, much comfier cities, superior dark brotherhood questline and that epic ending.
>>
i really liked early-mid game, but hated it later on 'cause of scaling. i didn't even finish it until a couple years ago and that was because I got a mod that made enemy difficulty and drops static like morrowind
>>
>>377845560
I mean first tes game
>>
Oblivion was my first Bethesda Game Studios game, it is now my second least favorite after Fallout Shelter.
>>
>>377845339
Great is a relative term.
Gothic 2:NotR>Morrowind>Gothic 1>Risen>Gothic 3>Oblivion>Daggerfall>Skyrim

Still, i have completed oblivion several times and the writing and guilds/quests are several levels above anything in Skyrim. I only played Skyrim for 50 hours and never finished the final part of the main quest, i was too disappointed and lost interest after finishing 3 guilds. Enderal on the other hand? Definitely a decent game with awesome level design and world building.
>>
Is there a ready-to-go install for oblivion somewhere that has all the mods to make it a good game?
>>
>>377846763
just install the level scaling mod
>>
>>377846763
Nothing comparable to Morrowinds unofficial 3.0 overhaul. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you are autistic) playing oblivion on a fresh install always requires a 10-20h modding undertaking, atleast the scene is still active and there will always be a lot of new and improved mods.
>>
>>377843154
Oblivion was my first and least favorite TES game.
Haven't played Arena though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.