[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about pre ordering this. I just got an xbox one a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 91OsNTnn0YL._AC_SX215_.jpg (25KB, 215x275px) Image search: [Google]
91OsNTnn0YL._AC_SX215_.jpg
25KB, 215x275px
Thinking about pre ordering this.

I just got an xbox one a few weeks ago but im surprised at the lack of decent rpg's for it. Skyrim special edition is ok but i still don't find it as good as oblivion was. Witcher 3 is ok. Only paid $20 for it so cant complain.

Final fantasy xv looks like shit. Im not a fan of the open world direction they are going in.
>>
>>377843003
If you can play the 360 game Lost Odyssey
Trust me thats one of the best rpgs ive seen
This game is with Halo the only reason why im jealos of xbox
>>
>>377843476
I've heard of it but haven't played it yet. Might look into it. I had kuf circle of doom for 360 and it was one of the best rpgs i ever played. I loved how you could play it with other people online to.
>>
>>377843003
Not an RPG but you should get Catherine for it. It's a cool game.
>>
As others said, Catherine and Lost Odyssey are both pretty great and playable on Xbone. The game in the OP is not.

FFXV is meh, but you can play that if you want an RPG I guess. It's better than Valkyria Revolution at least.
>>
>>377843780
>>377843476
this

played the game when it came out and it was fucking glorious
>>
>>377843003
Lords of the Fallen maybe? It's a mediocre game, but I still enjoyed it. And the "successor" The Surge.
>>
But really where are the fuck are all the decent rpgs at? Seems like devs just stopped giving a shit around the skyrim era. Seriously go play oblivion right now and see for yourself how shitty skyrim really is.
>>
>>377843003
Fallout 3&4, Dark Souls 1,2&3 all on Xbone.
>>
>>377843003
since everyone mentioned Lost Odyssee, maybe check out Blue Dragoon too
from the same guys, but has a more cartoonic look (Akira Toriyama was involved, so it looks like Dragonball/Dragonquest)
either way, there is still the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series, when it comes down to RPGs (first Mass Effect is ok, haven't played the sequels yet, no idea about Dragon Age tough)
>>
blue dragon is pretty decent
>>
>>377843003
return it. xbone is awful.

>mandatory patches for a controller

fuck outta here.
>>
>>377845248
Xbone was DoA before it even launched. Your mistake for getting one frankly.
>>
magnacarta 2 was fun, first game to get all the achievements + dlc ones
>>
>>377843003
This game is fucking bad though, FAR worse than the blunder that is XV.

Xbone has no RPGs just deal with that.
>>
>>377844652
What's wrong with Valkyria Revolution? I know it's different from the rest of the series, but is it actually bad or is it fans just complaining about change?
>>
>>377843003
Valkyria Azure Revolution is a garbage tier action/rpg. Have you seen the reviews for Akiba's Beat? VAR's will rival its scores/word of mouth. Even if you enjoy bad rpgs, don't do this to yourself.
>>
>>377845967
This.

You really should have known better desu.

Xbone aint for rpgs, or games.
>>
>>377843003
Buy Alice Madness Returns, it's action adventure, but still
>>
>>377846239
Cool.
Down.

Do you like standing around in an action game until you can attack or do anything again? I'm not talking about your usual stamina meter thing either. I'm talking about not being able to do shit for substantially longer periods of time than literally any other game in the genre.
>>
I highly urge you to reconsider buying Valkyria Revolution. If you're starved for an RPG on the Xbox One, go with a backwards compatible one.

Let me put it to you this way, many cutscenes aren't even animated because of how low budget it is. That's not mention the boring gameplay. The game is just boring.
>>
The witcher 3 is the best RPG ever made.
>>
>>377843003
Based on how clueless you seem in your other posts, I assume you missed the huge backwards compatibility sale Xbox had a few days ago. A shame, since Lost Odyssey is the best 7th gen rpg and Blue Dragon is pretty good too. They were at 75% off. Play those instead of getting Valkyria Revolution, it's absolute garbage.
Dragon Age: Origins is going to be free in June too, you can play that. Dragon's Dogma is getting its rerelease in fall too, so keep an eye out for that.
If you need to scrape the bottom of the barrel, get FFXV. Divinity: OS is also pretty good if you have a co-op partner
>>
>>377848414
>Let me put it to you this way, many cutscenes aren't even animated because of how low budget it is.
Wasn't Valkyria Revolution originally a Vita game too?
>>
>>377846660
So it's like... ATB timers in some of the Final Fantasy games? That doesn't sound too bad?
>>
>>377843003
wait what the fuck is this? Sequel to Valkyria Chronicles???
>>
>>377851728
Seconding this.
What the fuck has happened to this franchise? I only played the first one and I didn't knew there was a sequel in the making.
>>
>>377851861
>>377851728
What, you've only played them on Steam or something? Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 were on PSP, although 3 never got localised. This game is the fourth game in the series.

Musou games are fairly popular in Japan and it's common for games to get some kind of musou spin off (think Hyrule Warriors for example, as well as Berserk: Band of the Hawk, and Musou All Stars).

Problem is, instead of making it a full musou game they tried to keep in some of the strategy elements and ended up making a game that's not strategy and not musou. The game has an ATB type system, where you can only act when your bar fills up. The bar fills up faster the more morale you have. This leads to two significant problems

>You will always start off slow as shit
>It punishes you for doing poorly by making you act even slower
Shit, sometimes losing moral isn't even your fault. If a scripted event occurs and you lose moral all of a sudden you're standing around with your dick in your hands waiting for your fucking ATB to finish recharging so you can do something about it
>>
>>377851728
>>377851861
They made a sequel to VC1... For the PSP. It was shitty highschool antics trash.

They made a third game for the PSP. It went back to being about a punishment squad of military prisoners on suicide missions and was therefore better, but because they mangled VC2 and again released it on the PSP, few people cared.

Both these games went in weird directions, including classes like musician and fencer, or some dumbass with a huge anime anti-tank hammer or some shit.

Then they released a fucking facebook card game.

Now this steampunk fantasy shit.

So yeah, one of my favourite series of all time is dead as fuck. If they'd stuck with the semi-realistic setting of the first one, with the light fantasy elements, it might have been fucking amazing, but no...
>>
>>377843003
Please don't get Valkyria Revolution. The only decent things about this game is the story and arguably the character design. Everything else is poo.
>>
>>377853117
>light fantasy elements
Sure, I could accept ragnite as light fantasy and all but what about the fucking glowing white haired anime girls that wipe out entire armies in 15 seconds flat? What about that fucking Dragon Ball Z shit huh?
>>
>>377853439
I was fine when there was only one or two of them and when the artificial Valkyria came along I was all, "Oh, they're basically the same as nukes for this world then."

Then I see shit like some average fucker with a sword being viable on a 1940s battlefield and my suspension of disbelief is just GONE.
>>
File: 1212121.png (1MB, 1384x424px) Image search: [Google]
1212121.png
1MB, 1384x424px
>>
It looks a very decent Action RPG
Don't mind the Chronicles whores.
>>
>>377854572
I have faith in the game. I'm not expecting it to be GOAT or anything, but it'll be fun to play and ain't that the important thing?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.