[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make a 4 step plan for a game >manage to already fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2889.jpg (95KB, 1023x611px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2889.jpg
95KB, 1023x611px
>make a 4 step plan for a game
>manage to already fuck it up

is ubisoft retarded
>>
>>377842762
>still nothing with a nintendo logo on it

i can't shake the feeling this is nothing but a leaked ubisoft pitch that nintendo poo-poo'd. Heck, the fanfic writer in me wants to believe that ubisoft leaked it intentionally thinking that this looked GOOD and people would clamor for it, forcing nintendo's hand
>>
>>377842762
>Op cant even count to 3
Are you ubisoft?
>>
>>377843116
i count "gamescom" and "reviews" as seperate

But yes 3 would also be right
>>
>>377842762
>convince media/gamers

buy out kotaku and tell them rabbits are the greatest. they are the authority about gamers from what i read on wikipedia.
>>
>>377843279
the patented ubishill tactic

but seriously, this isn't a decade ago. I hoped Rabids were dead by now.
>>
>>377843586
ubisoft really wants them to take off and be a household name in parodies and crossovers

they desperately wanted their shitty generic blank slate creature to take off so they could rake in money for just costuming the fuckers and having them scream at shit
>>
File: 1465860150833.png (237KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1465860150833.png
237KB, 500x370px
>>377842762
When the first picture of the characters came about, I was ready to pack my bags and admit I was wrong about it being fake. Now I'm just utterly confused. What the fuck are these slides with their typos and strange English? Is this what a presentation at Ubisoft looks like? Was this poorly translated from French and meant to be shown to execs? I mean, there's no way something that was meant for the public would say "we have to convince the media." I'm struggling to decide whether it's more realistic for a faker to write all this shit or a professional company.
>>
File: sony does it again.png (801KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sony does it again.png
801KB, 800x450px
>>377844028
>Was this poorly translated from French

resounding "yes". Anyone who's worked with the french, france or quebec, can tell you that it's far less stress and nonsense to let this shit slide than it is to call people out for it

and it's obvious this was all to be strictly in-house ubisoft shit or they would have required nintendo logos and trademarks everywhere

Are you still surprised at what big companies use for slides? Did you miss the Sony leak?
>>
File: 1458865494949.jpg (35KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1458865494949.jpg
35KB, 498x498px
>>377843279
>Implying rabbits AREN'T the greatest
I'll fucking slap your shit right here and now buddy

Also I'm willing to blame all of the spelling errors on the SUPR DUHVERSH team Ubisoft always makes you read about for like a half hour in their credits. You can't have a room full of chink frogs and not get shit like "turtle shelves".

>Step 1: Denial
>>
>>377844457
But this has the Sony logo in it.
>>
Why would the timeline not have pre E3 milestones?
Why would they make a pitch document after the development and not before?
>>
>>377844634
Uh, yes, I posted an image of a slide used at Sony. From the Sony leak. As an example.

Which part are you struggling with here?
>>
>>377843116
No, he's Valve
>>
File: contemplating_costanza.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
contemplating_costanza.gif
957KB, 500x418px
>>377842762
>Convince media/gamers
If you have to convince your audience that your idea for a video game is good, then it probably isn't worth working on.
Why is Ubisoft so fucking stupid?
>>
>>377844830
The current """"leaks"""" have nothing to prove their origin, no logos, no date, not even a global title running on each slides.
>>
>>377844457
>food and man living in harmony
fucking liberals
>>
>>377845341
>If you have to convince your audience that your idea for a video game is good, then it probably isn't worth working on.

what do you think all pre-release trailers/gameplay/videos are for you fucking retard?
>>
>>377845349
I honestly think someone making a fake leak would be more inclined to throw in some logos and such, as opposed to the semi-literate frogs who threw this shit together under their boss' orders
>>
>>377845863
Sorry, if the primary focus of your pitch is all the work required to 'convince' people to buy your shit, then you should try something else.
>>
>>377845863
there was a time when companies could get away with selling a game through screenshots and press alone.

Ubisoft remembers that time and can't evolve with the present.
>>
Doesn't this image pretty much prove Nintendo pays for reviews? I'm surprised I haven't seen topics with a BOTW image saying things along of the line of *convinces the media*
>>
>>377842762
This seems completely real and 100% not fake
>>
>>377845341
Are you retarded?
>>
>>377846013
So... convincing the audience that the idea for a video game is good and worth spending money on.

Thanks for agreeing.
>>
>>377846042
the promo is more geared from the ubisoft side of the project. Nintendo just likes to send their reps to let writers play their games under supervision, in a controlled environment. whoever did this leak obviously wasn't screened by nintendo.
>>
>has nothing to do with Rayman
>uses his name

What did Ubishit mean by this?
>>
>>377842762

This game is like one of those fever dreams you have on Christmas night where you get what you wanted, but it's some sort of cheap knockoff that you can't even use, like a game disc made of wood or something.

TL;DR - Nintendo is good at recreating childhood despair without even realizing it, and sees it as success.
>>
>>377846042
>internal documents only meant for specific nintendo/ubisoft employees or management or investors that got leaked, likely at an early/middle stage of product development

this may come as a shock to you but games dont grow on trees
>>
>>377846183
i don't agree with your statement. nowadays the market who was saught after in that era is jaded and is more weary of these kinds of promotional material. they are more willing to buy a game from a recommendation from a streamer they trust than a jew at kotaku now. you can't convince people if people assume you're a charlatan.
>>
>>377846443
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>377846703
>meme arrows are only used for quoting

may 23, huh. yep, it's summer.
>>
I hope Vivendi fucks them to death.
>>
How the fuck does Ubisoft manage it?
Every game they make is leaked beforehand.
>>
>>377846443
>Nintendo/ubisoft
I am almost certain Nintendo did not see any of these slides. They would balk at the misspelling of the words Turtle Shells, much less seeing Peach described as 'Badass princess'.
>>
>>377843116
Definitely 4 steps there.
>>
>>377846974
im pretty sure nintendo is fully aware of their biggest brand being used by a third party and internal communications that explains what the game even is

yeah 'shelves' is a weird typo but super princess peach already had peach as a 'badass who can save the day by herself'.
>>
>>377846974
Stupid Baguettes at Ubisoft can't into English
>>
>>377847463
peach wasn't know as any other adjective than "super"

Nintendo had a problem with Chunky being one hell of a guy, and i think this project will end up quietly swept under in the current year plus one.
>>
>>377847758
>peach wasn't know as any other adjective than "super"

Right, but she does everything a 'badass princess' would in the game. These are internal documents that got leaked. You're up in arms about the word 'badass' being used like when everything positive about that word was already given to peach long ago. and thinking nintendo didn't see the slides for this very reason when it's their biggest IP. Yeah, so many companies just hand off their goodwill and namesake to third parties and say 'ehh yeah you handle everything and don't keep us up to date with anything'

and what's nintendo even afraid of? nobody sees this except for management and employees and investors. this isn't puritanical amish country where saying badass will get you 20 lashes even if it is in a private memo. it's behind the scenes design talk.
>>
>>377847758
this game was rumored to be in development for years bro, and was planned on getting revealed at e3 with a release a few weeks later in the summer.

don't be stupid. this isn't R* announcing RDR2 a year early when everyone knows its getting delayed.
>>
>>377849078
What years you fucking retard? The stupid tranny mentioned this thing last year.
>>
>>377848871
let me boil down for you how the process of blame culture works

>everything with even the slightest negative impact needs to be blamed on someone, be it a specific person, department, etc.
>documents are leaked with spelling errors and shitty adjective use
>people see nintendo characters next to this
>nintendo does not want that association being made
>they demand ubisoft punish whoever leaked the document or whoever made it
>ubisoft can't determine who leaked it so they spend a bunch of times organizing some kind of employee refresher on appropriate language and the care required when translating from one language to another
>consumers blame nintendo/ubisoft. nintendo blames ubisoft, ubisoft execs blame everyone at ubisoft below a certain pay grade, ubisoft employees blame the universe for being so shitty and take it out on their wives or daikamakura or whatever

and you argue this is behind the scenes shit, which is stupid because it's not anymore now that it's leaked.

A stage light falls on the performers and you're mad at everyone for paying attention to it because normally you can't see it up in the rafters
>>
>>377849576
>An innocuous typo and the word 'badass' on a private document is going to cause a huge rift between two companies who have a game coming out in a few weeks and start a massive blame game that results in massive scandals and a media outrage

they're called paint chips but you arent supposed to eat them man.
>>
>>377850021
>huge rift
>massive blame game
>massive scandals
>media outrage

If you want to argue against your own hyperbole, you can do it in notepad, you don't need me here.

My hypothetical example situation was comprised of
>wow good job screwing up, fix it
>okay
>>
What is up fellow Gamers? What would convince you that Mario Rabbids is a great game?
>>
>>377850202
All the best games never get released
>>
>>377842762
>rabbids
i blame nintendo for rayman 4
>>
>reviews

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>377850723
you know god damn well exactly what they meant by it
>>
>>377849576
>ubisoft employees blame the universe for being so shitty and take it out on their wives or daikamakura or whatever
Is dakimakura abuse a thing now?
>>
>>377850193
>If you want to argue against your own hyperbole

if you think what i said was a hyperbole but you saying nintendo will demand ubisoft punish whoever made the document, consumers will blame nintendo, and ubisoft will beat their wives ISN'T a hyperbole, then you must be downing your paint chips with a nice cup of bleach

>thinking anything needs to be fixed

yeah dude a typo and saying a female character is badass in a private memo nobody will remember in 2 hours is too outrageous for a company that has that same character wear skintight racing gear in mario kart

but you legitimately said that this game is gonna get cancelled a few posts ago, when in reality it was meant to get revealed in like 2-3 weeks at e3 and get released shortly after that in summer.

never reproduce, never get into business, and never try to not look smart on the internet. although those would all a given for you anyways.
>>
>>377844457
>food and man living in harmony
GAS THE PIES EATING CONTEST NOW
>>
File: 1483897021310.gif (290KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
1483897021310.gif
290KB, 500x549px
>/v/ complains Switch has no games
>More Switch games get announced
>/v/ complains even more
>>
>>377845973
Nah people dont know whats good and are dumb enough to be told whats good. Sad world we live in amigo but the "sheeple" are real.
>>
>>377851098
jesus dude chill the fuck out, my first post was the one about the blame game, you're falling into the usual trap of getting so heated you think everyone who's replied to you is the same person

take a step back, dude
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.