[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ like Dragon Quest builders? I quite enjoyed it. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 3158672-untitled-2.jpg (63KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
3158672-untitled-2.jpg
63KB, 320x320px
Does /v/ like Dragon Quest builders?

I quite enjoyed it. It was nice and chill and fun to explore.

The monsters nice to look at though i wish the worlds were larger and with more chapters.
>>
It was fun. I really enjoyed building with purpose in the story chapters. Getting a basic goal like "build a bath house" was the perfect springboard for me to try to make the most incredible bath house from the available materials. Once I had a town/castle partially assembled from the story quests, adding onto it was a breeze. I can't seem to find the same magic on my own in free build mode.

Builders 2 was announced, wasn't it?
>>
>>377842486
Same here. I can add on to things but in the free mode I'm clueless but it should be better because more freedom to build any room and items you like!

DQB is in the cards the director said, so maybe.
>>
I actually haven't played it, would you guys recommend it? I've heard it's pretty good, it's just been on the back burner for me. I'd get it on ps4.
>>
>>377842018

The game felt a little short despite me taking my time finishing each chapter but I still had a blast with it.

>>377842486

They've only hinted at a sequel so far
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/12/13/dragon-quest-builders-2-director/
>>
File: dragonquestbuilders-101-0e55a.jpg (42KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dragonquestbuilders-101-0e55a.jpg
42KB, 640x360px
>>377842916
If you like dragon quest or want to get into the series, this is a good start.

The setting takes place in Dragon quest 1s world i believe.
>>
why did square rip off of minecraft lol
>>
>>377843186
Might have to grab it
>>
>>377843186
Not the guy who asked but it's been on my radar too. The only dragon quest I have played is rocket slime but I've been wanting to try more.
>>
>having fun playing the game and taking it slow
>finish chapter 1
>a rating screen pops up
>get a lower rating because I took my time
>get incredibly buttered and lose interest shortly after

Why am I so autistic?
>>
File: dragon-quest-builders_279161.png (775KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-quest-builders_279161.png
775KB, 960x540px
>>377843360
You can get a mount to traverse faster as well a cannon in the later levels that lets you blast through almost everything! It doesnt break(no durabilty like weapons/armor) and it's not a consumable so you can use it forever.
>>377843680
Give it a go. you'll love the exploration and absolutely chillness of it.
>>
I lost motivation to rebuild the city from scratch after doing it for the fourth time, the "starting over from scratch" mechanism is pretty irritating. Camera is slow and there's no camera controls. I've shelved it and plan to return to it later
>>
>>377842916
Get it if you like DQ. You don't even need to be a fan of building games to enjoy the story-mode. It has an ease about it that welcomes people of all creativity levels.
>>
>>377844150
no camera speed controls*
>>
>>377844150
Why did you restart your town so many times?
You're not referring to "starting from scratch" at the start of each new chapter, right?
>>
Building mechanics are sort of fucked making it difficult to build anything too elaborate.

Also god damn is the monster pathing irritating. I made the retarded decision to build a fresh water moat around my town in chapter two, and the fuckers dug UNDERNEATH my town, leaving holes in my floors for the townspeople to fall in a huge fucking pit of water.
>>
I built a special house for each chapter's waifu with all the best stuff in it.
>>
>>377842018
When I first started it I almost immediately fell in love. Creating my first town and defending it against the boss was a unique and awesome experience.

However, with each world I found myself caring less and less. By the time I reached the Fire/Ice level I was pretty much skipping all the dialog (Reading the character dialog on that particular stage was a horrible nightmare), and being incredibly lazy with the village design.
>>
>>377844908
I put pippa in a cute 4x4 box she cant see out of!
>>
I got the plat.
It was fun
>>
>>377845395
All platinum for all stages?
>>
It's pretty comfy on a rainy night. I play the free mode here and there and work on getting new villagers.
>>
>>377842486
>Builders 2 was announced, wasn't it?
Not officially, but it did very well in all its markets so Im sure there will be another one. And bonus, they said they would add co-op to a sequel if the 1st did well enough to warrant a sequel.
>>
>Japanese-only on the pstriple
I'm mad.
>>
>>377847498
co op would be great idd
>>
>>377842018

I think it'll be best played on a handheld and don't want to invest in a Vita this late in the game.

Hopefully it comes out on Switch, or maybe there's a sequel soon.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.