[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you tweak to make it better? >make hinoxes and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

What would you tweak to make it better?
>make hinoxes and taluses harder so that they actually compare to lynels
>more kinds of minibosses
>more enemy types in general -- dodongos, deku babas, those jumping things, darknuts, new shit
>put a stable in every village (except Gerudo Town I guess)
>cooking pot item that you can carry and put on any campfire
>different dishes depending on whether you use poultry or red meat
>make climbing like 40% faster
>add an instrument or some way to summon horses, change the weather, etc.
>more fleshed out ocean with real boats (just lift features from Wind Waker)
>option to marry and impregnate any female character with unique dialogue and sex scenes for each
>>
>real dungeons
Literally all you need.
>>
>>377843060
define "dungeon"
>>
>>377843160
If you had ever played a Zelda game before botw you would know.
>>
>>377843362
But it has Divine Beasts already..
>>
divine beasts were cool but it wouldve been nice to have a few traditional dungeons
>>
File: 1491768977447.png (2MB, 900x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1491768977447.png
2MB, 900x2200px
>>377843160

A bunch of scripted puzzles that only require me to point the specified dungeon item at x target to solve each time, and rooms with blocks to push.
Not the open-ended physics portal shit garbage in botw.

Leaving Skyward Sword was a mistake. Fucking nintendo.
>>
>>377843494
Dungeons are just a bunch of small puzzles in a row. There are 120 small puzzles in the game in the form of shrines, plus 900 korok ''''puzzles''''
>>
>>377843551
>A bunch of scripted puzzles that only require me to point the specified dungeon item at x target to solve each time, and rooms with blocks to push.

But there's plenty of shrines for that
>>
>>377841439
I kinda wish for a game with the need if sleep (except in dungeons) where you actually need to camp. But on the other hand I absolutely hate these survival food shit.

But a mix of souls/witcher where you can save on a campfire or cook and take a limited amount of food with you would be cool i guess
>>
File: 10_Water39_Large.jpg (264KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
10_Water39_Large.jpg
264KB, 800x600px
>>377843695
No there aren't. Just a bunch of bullshit magnesis physics shit where you have to freely maneuver things. I hate having freedom or systemic mechanics or whatever. It's bad game design.
Pic related is a fucking puzzle. Get it right, Nintendo.
>>
File: 1495014098269m.jpg (79KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1495014098269m.jpg
79KB, 1024x576px
>>377843160
Traditional Zelda dungeons are about individual art design, atmosphere, thematics, indigenous enemies, standout set pieces, minibosses, structure, special item discovery and, most importantly, they should feel like an ordeal so that when the player finally emerges blinking back into the daylight, they feel stronger, more empowered.

I understand completely why Nintendo left them out of this game. And I think the Devine Beasts were pretty cool. But you can bet the traditional dungeons will return.
>>
>>377843986
It's the same shit dude
>>
File: 1471778009085.jpg (3KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
1471778009085.jpg
3KB, 109x125px
>>377841439
>option to marry and impregnate any female character with unique dialogue and sex scenes for each
>>
More than 7 common enemies
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>377844109
Yeah, a real dungeon is about graphics and feeling like an ordeal. Not gameplay or physics or interactions or whatever.

Pic is how it's done. Aonuma should take some notes.
>>
>>377841439
Good music
Enemies that had some good AI, and you can't just run past 99% of mobs
Gadgets that you get outside the tutorial area
In general, new fucking items and progress. The whole point of Zelda is further itemization and getting more powerful, while having less to collect, it was much more powerful finding that one hidden chest
Remove shrines, they were all shit, they literally became the new Skultilas and the ENTIRE FUCKING GAME
The quests were awful, need some good narrative or supportive dialogue to make them worthwhile
Combat feels like shit, why does every weapon only have around 2 swing cycles?
Why are bows so ridiculously overpowered? They are never fun to use and slow mo makes it easier
Actual dungeons
Less landscape crossing and climbing, and more things to actually do other than zig zag between shrines.
The game isn't even fucking finished, Hyrule Castle was pathetic.
Rain as a slipping mechanic is entirely useless and stupid
Crafting and gathering countless materials is for an early access survival game, it isnt fun in a Zelda game, more when most of it is entirely useless
Better narrative and VA work so I can try to give a shit rather than these gay ass memory hunts

Honestly, I didn't think the game was very good. It's probably the only Zelda I would never want to play twice. It definitely started strong by perception, but I quickly realized 2-3 hours in the entire game is the tutorial and nothing ever really changes in any meaningful way. Its just a barren open world ala Xenoblade, but at least Xenoblade has places of interest that give XP or items or hidden bosses.

Zelda just gives shrines with the same orbs you see all game, with an occasional useless seed.
>>
File: 4qYcgPI.jpg (124KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
4qYcgPI.jpg
124KB, 1024x1280px
>>377843425
Cry and sputter all you want about "muh divine breasts," but the fact remains that I think they're fine and only brought it up because I didn't want the thread to die.
Now quit getting off-topic and post trap Link.
>>
>swap out the shrines for dungeons
>more enemy types
>better side quests/towns
pretty much all you need
>>
>>377841439
climbing is fine, the trick is to mostly avoid big climbs until you have the entire climbers set and a couple stamina upgrades, you can go through all four dungeons without needing anything beyond your base climb wheel anyway.
>>
File: 135lv-1.jpg (149KB, 591x446px) Image search: [Google]
135lv-1.jpg
149KB, 591x446px
>>377844526
That's actually a shit example of a puzzle. As soon as you see it, you know exactly what you need to do. You've already sovled it in your head. But you then need to go about the laborious task of pushing and pulling those blocks into place. Not fun.

A better example is pic related from the same dungeon. Fucking asshole ghost mocking you from the paintings. Can't do shit about it even though you KNOW that's the key to progression.

Pretty soon you get the bow. Now some clever game design has already schooled you on the notion that the bow can be used to hit different targets. So you take aim at the ghost and BINGO. This technique also prepares you for the eventual boss battle. Nintendo are masters at game design.
>>
Rebuild the game from the ground up, AKA trash it and make a better Zelda
>>
More huge enemies that you need to climb up to do any real damage.

>have this awesome climbing mechanic
>never really use it in any fights besides some rock monsters
>>
>>377841439
>fix the combat to be less finicky and more rewarding
>reduce the map size significantly
>put more interesting things to find other than shrines and koroks
>make all weapons repairable but scarcer
>more enemies/enemy variety and make fighting enemies actually rewarding
>more dungeons similar to hyrule castle the guardians were not fun
>>
>>377845591
more enemies in general
>>
>>377845606
Why would you want the map size reduced? If anything, it needs to be larger.
>>
>>377843551
>still no way to get your hearts out of the screenshot
>>
>>377845805
because running for 10 minutes through empty fields to get someplace is not fun to me.
>>
>>377845419
That's kid shit. Are you fucking with me right now? Look at this shit.
See these fucking pillars? What if I told you they were actually marking the walls of a MAZE.
But check this shit out. The maze is fucking INVISIBLE.
Being the master designers they are, Nintendo wants you to walk close to the invisible walls before a motherfucking plume of fire roasts your elven dick off.
But get this, they never teach you about it and it's never relevant to anything else in the game. It's a OHKO.

Traditional 3d Zelda puzzles were the work of literal fucking gods.
>>
make your horse summonable from anywhere. game is instantly 60% better.
>>
>>377846058
are you replying to yourself?
>>
>>377844564
>tweak
>>
>>377844564
>occasional useless seed.
>occasional
>useless
>seed

umm did you even play the game, sweetie?
>>
>Add real dungeons
>Fix the weapon durability

That's all I want.

>Yeah but everything and everybody drops weapons

That's not the fucking point. I shouldn't be breaking five weapons and getting four more, and then breaking those and getting five more, and then breaking THOSE and getting three... etc etc

I would have much rather had the standard Zelda fair of weapon progression with some legendary gear beyond the master sword, while still retaining other weapon types.
>>
Why was the Rito village so small and pointless? Their divine beast wasn't even a threat, it just flew in circles.
>>
>>377844109
>I understand completely why Nintendo left them out of this game.

because idiots would buy the game anyways and they could use the non linear, do anything at any time, meme as an excuse?
>>
More unique horses/horse-like things. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to register a stalhorse.
>>
>>377847227
People like to guess that it was the area with the least time to spend on during the dev process.
>>
MORE ENEMY TYPES
>>
>>377844564
pretty gud list
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.