[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished Legend of Grimrock 2 and got the got the Nexus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px)
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
So I just finished Legend of Grimrock 2 and got the got the Nexus ending and watched the other ending on youtube, I don't know which one I would prefer as the canon ending desu both are leave a bit of an bitter taste behind.
Anyway the game was great and what do you guys think of it?
>>
one of the best sequels to a game in the history of game sequels. the improvements from 1 to 2 are downright ridiculous. it's a pity no one bought/played it and the company is likely not going to be working on a 3rd.
>>
>>377806832
Wait did LoG 2 sell badly?
They really improved it a lot so I assumed it sold better than the first one.
>>
>>377806890
well I don't know what the numbers are up to now, but I remember it had a really slow first month with far below 100K copies sold.
>>
>>377807001
added an extra zero there by accident, I meant below 10K copies
>>
File: grimrock dudes.png (384KB, 583x389px) Image search: [Google]
grimrock dudes.png
384KB, 583x389px
>>377806890
>>377807001
>>377807065

here's what the grimrock guys are up to now
>>
i got this on a sale only vaguely knowing what it was about and it was fantastic. I could gush about everything in this game for ages, everyone should play it.
>>
File: 1495304166055.jpg (123KB, 998x932px) Image search: [Google]
1495304166055.jpg
123KB, 998x932px
Anybody else use anime pictures for their character portraits?
>>
>>377807001
Well steamspy says it sold 400k or so in total while the first game sold twice that which is weird because this game got much more coverage than the first one.

>>377807303
Tb h I tried some of the older dungeon crawlers and for some reason I really couldn't get into it but this game and the first one are really addicting also I love how mysterious the setup always is gives you more incentive to explore etc.

>>377807321
Nigga please.
>>
>>377807321
I did for a playthrough of the first and plan to do for the second too
>>
File: grimrocksteam.jpg (60KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
grimrocksteam.jpg
60KB, 620x387px
>>377806890
it did well but not as well as the first one just because of the "bringing dungeon crawler back" coverage it got, even ass cancer didn't make a video on it
>>377808182
>tried some of the older dungeon crawlers and for some reason
depends which ones you played, grimrock is based off eye of the beholder/dungeon master rather than wizardry or M&M
>>
>>377806890
Zero marketing, that's all.

While other 6/10 games like Pillars of the Eternity (just ok game), got hype and popularity and sold a lot.

There are a lot of 10/10 games that don't sell because marketing.
>>
>>377809039
Kek who is ass cancer?
Also I tried Might and Magic didn't like it a lot.
I'll give eye of the beholder a try though read a lot of good things about it.

>>377809286
It sucks that small upcoming devs get ignored by the public especially if it was in favor of fucking pillars of eternity that game made me lose my confidence in obisidian.
I couldn't finish it there was literally no interesting thing about be it gameplay or story.
>>
How did you like the top of the pyramid? I don't think I've ever been so scared and excited by a game before or since then.
>>
>>377809841
At first I thought only of how much mana my mage would need to meteor storm all those mummies but when I saw those magma giants I got scared as fuck especially when all the mummies blocked my escape.
>>
File: grimrock fwoosh.png (15KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
grimrock fwoosh.png
15KB, 600x500px
>>377809484
start with M&M6 same with wizardry 8, I would recommend starting with 8 even if it is different from the others
dungeon master and eye of the beholder are basically identical to grimrock (you can transfer your save file between EYoB games as it is a trilogy)
lands of lore is also a must play
>>377809841
you can't get to the top but there is something beyond it
>>
>>377810236
What's the difference between M&M and EotB.
>>
>that jump scare when you pick up the gun at sleet island
>>
>>377811937
M&M is a lot more open world, at least 4 and 5, whereas EotB is more linear and plays exclusively underground
also M&M has more story and better visuals imo
>>
>>377807253
ARPG or MOBA?
>>
>>377812916
Roguelike.
>>
Nice, I've been wanting to pick up a first-person dungeon crawler for quite some time

Should I play the first one or move right to the second?
>>
>>377811937
I guess the main difference is eye of the beholder is realtime opposed to M&M which is turn based (at least some of them) also this >>377812694
>>377812916
roguelike (a proper one) with actual graphics
mite be good
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.