[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo comes to you for an idea on how to revamp the virtual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: switch-virtual-console-launch.jpg (108KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
switch-virtual-console-launch.jpg
108KB, 960x528px
Nintendo comes to you for an idea on how to revamp the virtual console for a Switch release

How would you do it that is both consumer friendly and profitable?
>>
Bump up the yearly online price to $30
Instead of renting 2 VC games per month, you get 5 for keeps.
Maybe increase number of save state slots so multiple people can play the same game.
>>
File: 1494427477631.gif (3MB, 695x390px)
1494427477631.gif
3MB, 695x390px
It's the easiest fucking thing in the world and they refuse to jump on it

>Make your account link actually fucking do something and let you download the games you've already bought in the past for free
>Allow multiple saves (like three maybe?)
>Keep the controller adjustments from Wii U
>Every game comes with the original manual as a PDF or something

It's so fucking simple and they'll never do it because then they can't sell you Mario 3 for the third time and still make money.
>>
Any Virtual console games you bought on 3DS, Wii, or Wii U are free to re-donwload on your Switch.
That's literally all they need to do.
>>
File: maxresdefault (39).jpg (402KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (39).jpg
402KB, 1280x720px
Virtual Console Plus

Gives you full access to all NES, SNES, Gameboy/color/advanced games for 3 bucks a month. You can either stream the games to your switch using WiFi, no download required, or you can download up to five games to your system to play on the go.

N64 and GameCube games are still bought regularly for full price
>>
File: 1412464444059.gif (706KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1412464444059.gif
706KB, 500x281px
>>377806667
This. Copy the fucking hell out of Sony. I have PS1 games I've been playing since day 1 of their release that I could transfer to my PSP or Vita, complete with the save files, and I only ever dropped the $5 on the game.

>tfw it took me multiple generations to beat Suidoken 1 and 2 because I played it across PS3, PSP, and Vita
>>
>>377806667
This is the biggest problem I have with Virtual Console. I bought a bunch of VC games on the Wii, and then I couldn't move them to WiiU outside of that stupid system transfer thing which nukes your Wii. The games aren't even available on the WiiU to purchase anymore, and probably won't be on the Switch.
They're just roms running in emulators, how hard is it to just keep the library consistent between platforms? Why are there VC games exclusive to the Wii and 3DS? And why the fuck does the WiiU get a library of GBA VC games but not the 3DS?
>>
>>377807042
I did the System transfer but only because I had a modded Wii, so I was able to turn around and put all the shit back on there that I already bought.

Fucking dogshit though that it wipes your console clean. Fuck's sake Nintendo, just let us have the goddamn games.
>>
>>377807042
>>377807547
Why exactly does it wipe the original clean instead of just copying? Are they really that scared of people selling Wiis with virtual console games on them?
>>
>>377807760
Because that would mean giving the users a way to copy games, even if it is just giving the user two devices with the same game on it. Nintendo hates that.
>>
File: maxresdefault (43).jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (43).jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
P A C H I N C O

5 completely random NES and SNES games from the virtual console store are lined up at the bottom of the screen. Spend a dollar or a gold mynintendo coin to drop a marble. Whichever game it lands on is what you get. Sometimes it will be garbage shovelware not even worth the time, or if you are lucky you could get a great deal on a high quality game. Imagine how great it would feel to get Yoshi's Island or Donkey Kong Country for a dollar out of pure luck.

Pay a second dollar for a drop and the pachinco board opens up into the "advanced" board. Some obstacles that lined the bored originally are now converted to gameboy games, Gameboy color games, and switch home screen themes. Pass through any of these extra pickups and you get to keep them along with the NES and SNES games at the bottom. Pay a third dollar and those games at the bottom convert into N64 and if you are incredibly lucky, GameCube games. The more money you put in fridge $3+ the higher chances of a gamecube game appearing are. Up to 10 dollars, which will guarantee a GameCube game (assuming they traditionally go for 20 on the eShop)

Of course the normal eshop vc store would still be fully functional. This option would just be for someone who is looking for a new game to quicky get for dirt cheap. It would also be a great way for people to discover gems they have never heard of before.
>>
File: 1478210382001.png (277KB, 392x392px) Image search: [Google]
1478210382001.png
277KB, 392x392px
>paying for roms
>at all
no thanks
>>
>>377808228
I'd actually buy a switch if this happened. Best way to sate my crippling gambling problem.
>>
make it crossbuy with the shit people have bought two or even three times already, add in an optional $15/mo subscription for unlimited access to a selection of two consoles a month within the standard lineup (gen 4 or earlier, arcade included), $30/mo free reign all systems available.

subscriptions are the way of the future.
>>
>>377808257
>he doesn't want to play Gamecube games on the go

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>377806246
"Making ofs" of the games included.
Basically nintendo digging their old shit and showing interesting tidbits about the development of the game, and even the possibility of playing the betas/alphas.
>>
File: newretroarcade.png (263KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
newretroarcade.png
263KB, 700x394px
Purchase a Virtual Console which is a system emulator. Load a NES VC, a SNES VC, N64, GCN, or Wii VC then, once you run the software, you get a nice 3d rendered shelf with all your games you bought. Once you pick your game it goes into a 3d rendered console, and the game starts. You get advanced options like filters, scanlines, scaling, controls, etc. All games include local multiplayer, but if you have Nintendo's online some games get online unless you cancel.
>>
File: 1414390568125.gif (2MB, 331x351px) Image search: [Google]
1414390568125.gif
2MB, 331x351px
Make a Virtual Console app that contains all the games you download maybe, I don't want a tiles for each game shitting up my homescreen.

Folders would do that too, I guess.
>>
>>377808228

That sounds horrible.
>>
>>377809016
What sounds horrible about it? It's totally optional?

Do you have an idea?
>>
see that's a novel idea but in reality, unless they're putting out a VR headset along with it, it's an annoying, extremely tacky fucking frontend that no one wants to deal with. I use NRA:N all the time, but if I don't want to set up my headset, it's easier to just open up the emulator and pop that shit open, cause NRA:N is a long and boring fucking hassle to start up, and looking at the inside of a screen, at a controller, then the inside of a screen is lame as fuck.
>>
>>377809214
>>377808745
woops, meant to reply. It works on PC but that's just cause it's a frontend for emulators that already exist. I highly doubt nintendo would want to spend resources on developing a frontend just to load up the same roms. They already have a hard enough time giving people the option to speed shit up.
>>
>>377806246
One of two things:
The games should be equivalent in looks to illegal ROMs (NES games look especially awful) as well as include options like scanlines, filters, scaling, ect.
OR
Keep shit the same but drop prices across the board. It's so fucking stupid that the vast majority of Sony's PS1 games are $5 while the vast majority of Nintendo's NES games are $5, and a few go for more!

Account linking between consoles without having to pay an extra fee is a necessary requirement as well, and the minor lag from Wii U's VC needs to be gone. Either way though, my trust in Nintendo's VC is pretty much gone. When it comes to selling ROMs and ISOs, Nintendo is the greediest company and they're handling it the worst by far so they can fuck off with that shit.

It's a shame that Sony won't support PS1 or PS2 classics on PS4 but at the fucking least they did a pretty damn good job at upscaling the PS2 games that they're reselling. Nintendo just sells you the exact same game again with no changes.
>>
>>377808228
YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Why did you have to make this post? Now there is one more thing for me to be angry about because it doesn't exist. Stop making me want things!
>>
>>377807019
Good idea but you can bet they'd charge at least $15/mo for full access to those systems.
>>
well for a start I'd ask nintendo to rip their own games instead of going to coolroms so they look just slightly less fucking lazy
>>
>>377809803
What? Did someone find proof of nintendo using scene releases like gog? lel, I'd love to see that.
>>
>>377809912
https://youtu.be/HLWY7fCXUwE?t=14m45s
>>
>>377809803
>>377810156
But remember, nintendo doesn't legitimize emulators because that's legitimizing piracy! It doesn't make any business sense! It's that simple and not open to debate!
>>
>>377808228
There are a couple of problems with this. For starters, there's a limit to the number of prizes. There's a good chance you'll start getting repeat games sooner than later. Does that count as a waste? Can you get an extra chance? Can you at least gift or trade the game? Also, I'm willing to bet that half the goals just lead to nothing (like the skulls in that Nintendo Land game). It's a really cool idea on paper but seeing how Nintendo handled Nintendo Badge Arcade, I don't want to see how they handle Pachinko with prizes that are actually decent.
>>
>>377810156
lel. Can't say I'm surprised, lots of major companies do that sorta thing, if you fuck around in the original ninja gaiden xbox files (not black), you can see the NG1/2/3 roms in there are also pirated roms running on a really shit emulator. They cleaned it up for black though.

That said, clean dump roms are significantly more difficult to get than clean rip isos, I can totally say that nintendo's justified in downloading that shit. Not that I support their selling them back to the userbase, that's cancer incarnate, but I mean, back in the day I spent at least 6 weeks trying to dump a properly cleaned, no-errors copy of SD飛龍の拳伝説 and never once got a clean one. Even with a fresh out of the box copy of the game. Shit was brutal. I can't imagine how much harder it was to dump NES and SNES games.
>>
>>377810438
People genuinely try to make that argument that by doing this Nintendo are hypocrites or even pirates themselves as if the people who ripped the roms have some sort of ownership of them.
These people are retarded, however.
>>
>>377810703
nahh, that's gay as hell. I never uploaded my ripped roms, but I have a near complete collection of N64 games, jap, NA, and PAL. I would never dare say I own the data. Companies take shortcuts like that all the time. Like I mentioned earlier, that gog release of arcanum that had the header from that scene group scrubbed from it. (was it arcanum? I think it was, but I can't find confirmation now). chances are gog didn't go hunting for a good pirated copy and scrub it, the fucking publisher probably wired over the data and/or source and said "here make this work" and did the rudimentary scrubbing themselves. That sort of thing is way more common than most people would probably like to know.
>>
>>377807019
The online service is going to give you two SNES or NES a month and you can't keep them outside that month and it costs 25 bucks.
If you think they're going to make any service even remotely similar to that, you are actually retarded.
Especially for 3 bucks a month.
>>
>>377811310
that $25 is for all online services, not just VC
I'm pretty sure the guy was suggesting $3 as in $3 on top of the regular charge.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.