[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disclaimer: Zelda lore thread. I am aware that Nintendo probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: Hylia.jpg (56KB, 207x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hylia.jpg
56KB, 207x360px
Disclaimer: Zelda lore thread. I am aware that Nintendo probably doesn't give two fucks about Zelda lore, and all that jazz is really just reverse-engineered, but it is still fun to sometimes think about stuff like that. Don't come into this thread if you know you are just going to get mad.

So, what is the deal with Hylians?

Are they just the descendants of Hylia-Zelda, or of Skyloftians in general? I mean, they supposedly have the pointy ears because they can hear the gods with those. Is that god-affinity due to their relation with Hylia? Or does anyone from Skyloft have that ability because they are all kinda Hylia-affine? But if all Skyloftians became Hylians, where do the other humanoid races in Zelda come from? Kokiri are just transformed koroks, but what about the Gerudo and Shiekah?

Also, what is the current state of affairs with Hylia anyway? (By current I mean by the time of BotW.)
She stopped being a goddess before SS, but we still bow to her in BotW. As I see it, there are three possibilities:

>when the original Hylia-Zelda from SS died, Hylia went back to the place beyond time and became a goddess again
>Hylia is to this day reborn in Zelda, and when we bow to Hylia we are actually bowing to Zelda in her Ganon-prison
>Hylia and Zelda are sorta like Jahweh and Jesus, the same being but just different aspects of it, existing parallelly with one another
The reincarnation one makes the least sense to me, since Zelda is supposedly not a reincarnation, it is just the same name given to all female descendants of the royal family of Hyrule. So I'd go with the first option, since the Jesus one is a bit reaching.
>>
It could be Din, Nayru, and Farore giving you blessings since Hylia technically doesn't even exist anymore.
>>
I want to know the relationship between Hylia and the Golden Goddesses (Nayru, Din, and Farore). I assume she's a lesser goddess being responsible for a single chosen people instead of the creation of the entire world.

As for your question, OP, I imagine it as being the third one. Hylia exists as a thing separate from Zelda, and also has passed some of her magic into the Zelda bloodline.
>>
>>377805004
It's just an effigy, the blessings come from something else.
>>
>>377805173
Din, Nayru, and Farore created the world and everything in it, and then they created Hylia to watch over it. Of course the first thing she does is get the hots for a mortal and immediately fuck up her job stopping a demon invasion.
>>
>>377805098
No, I think Hylia is mentioned by name in BotW. Also, the triforce goddesses are always represented as three in statues.

>>377805173
I assume there just is a pantheon of smaller deities below the three main goddesses, among them being Hylia and Demise (he was described as an evil god in SS, though it is probably important what word was used in the japanese original.)
An interesting question is who the Goddess of Time (mentioned in Majora's Mask) is - wether she is a new entity all together, or wether she is just one of the triforce goddesses. Nayru would make sense, since time is part of the order of the world.

>>377805340
Well, it all sorta worked out, her plan was to use the triforce and she did just that.
>>
The weird thing about the triforce is that it doesn't grant your wishes by magically creating something from nothing, it just influences the world in some way.

Some examples:
"I wish for the death fo Demise."
>a giant statue drops on his head that was floating over him anyway
"I wish for the children to get a fresh start away from Hyrule."
>Hyrule gets flooded by all the water around it
"I wish for a kingdom to rule over."
>Ganon is sent to that parallel dimension that he gets to conquer that was there beforehand

Did the triforce ever create something, rather than just using what was already there?
>>
>>377805004
I always imagined the different human races to just be different ethnicities. It would be pretty interesting if each of the races had their own patron lesser goddess (for example, we see the sand goddess in the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time; perhaps she's the Gerudo patron goddess). Hylia probably became the dominant religion because of the influence of the Hylians and the royal family, like how Christianity became the prominent religion, replacing or subsuming other religions.

In the time of Ocarina of Time, say, some people were aware of Din, Nayru, and Farore, but the church in the Hyrule Castletown was only a Temple of Time. By Twilight Princess, the common people didn't speak the names of the Goddesses (though the Light Spirits still knew them). By Breath of the Wild thousands of years later, the dominant religion has become that of Hylia.

Regardless, I find Hylia significantly less interesting than the Golden Goddesses. Hylia's just some dumb woman who gave up her immortality cuz she want sum fuk.
>>
>>377805771
In ALBW, it technically (re)creates Lorule's Triforce. Not sure if that counts. Other than that, I can't think of any instances where it does what you're asking.
Didn't read all posts but, how can the statue that is saying "So says I, Hylia" or something to that effect even exist? Hylia becomes mortal and as mortals do, dies eventually. Does she reincarnate as both Zelda and Hylia after that or some shit? I really don't like them driving Hylia higher than the three goddesses.

Also, does Zelda have the whole triforce in BotW? I couldn't get a clear view in the last memory.
>>
>>377806078
>I really don't like them driving Hylia higher than the three goddesses.

Me neither. I want them to bring back the three goddesses properly. I don't think they've been named in-game since TWW.
>>
>>377806078
No, the Triforce is still separated. Ganon still has his power.
>>
>>377806372
The golden goddesses don't really seem to give a shit about being worshipped, nor have they made any effort to have their creations know their creators.
>>
>>377806003
Yeah, didn't even think of the desert godess, that would be interesting.

The patron god of the koroks/kokiri, and by extend the deku, would then be the deku tree. The question then is wether that is another Hylia-Zelda situation where a god decided to become mortal (since the Deku tree can be killed and then reincarnates).

And I don't like the push for Hylia either, I like the explanation here >>377806003, but it doesn't explain why the three godesses aren't named in SS either.
>>
>>377806961
What about the oracles in the oracle games? I have not played those, but aren't they connected to the three goddesses?
>>
>>377805771
Link to the Past literally changes the entire world to destroy Ganon and restore people's lives.
>>
Was anyone else annoyed by Zelda getting her magic powers after having an entire game spent crying that maybe she wasn't destined for those magic powers?

>>377807051
That reminds me of that one Legend of Zelda fangame where each of the seven main races has a patron goddess of the same name. One of the major plot points is that only the Temple of Hylia is known to the protagonists at the beginning because of how important the royal family is, but then they figure out that the other six temples also need to be discovered and visited.

For whatever reason Aonuma has decided to give the Golden Goddesses the middle finger even in Skyward Sword that was supposed to serve as a prequel to the Zelda series, and he seems to just replace them with the three dragons or whatever in favour of his waifu Hylia.

>>377807110
For one thing, those games were developed by Capcom rather than Nintendo, though I prefer the Oracles named after the Golden Goddesses to the more recent lore of BotW and SS.
>>
>>377807613
Wasn't Ganon already destroyed by the time Link made the wish. Though you are right, the restauration in ALttP is somewhat like creation.
>>
>>377807110
I think that's really just a superficial similarity.
>>
>>377807747
>Was anyone else annoyed by Zelda getting her magic powers after having an entire game spent crying that maybe she wasn't destined for those magic powers?
Nah, because that was obviously the entire point, that she needed trauma or w/e to awaken those powers.

>that fan game
Sounds neat. Is the game also good? Don't let Nintendo hear, they will give it the ol c and d.

I was not bothered by the absence of the three goddesses in SS since that was the origin story of Hyrule, not of the physical world, and the triforce was not really that important until the end, and not generally known to the people of Skyloft. I agree though that Hylia being predominant in BotW got on my nerves a bit. But, again, the triforce godesses never cared much about the world. They just shat in a bucket, gave the bucket a fancy mc guffin, and then fucked off to shit in some other buckets.
>>
File: tell him to go eat shit 3.png (1MB, 1000x978px) Image search: [Google]
tell him to go eat shit 3.png
1MB, 1000x978px
>>377808127
>is the game also good?
It's still fairly early in development from what I heard a few months ago. The devs posted a single demo somewhere that showed off a single dungeon that I thought was pretty all right though it felt like a retread of the first few ALttP/LA dungeons, and that's about it. I think they're afraid of being c&d'd because the demo's been taken down since then. I hope they're still working on it.

>Was anyone else annoyed by Zelda getting her magic powers after having an entire game spent crying that maybe she wasn't destined for those magic powers?
I guess I prefer characters taking destiny into their own hands. WW Link making the Triforce of Courage himself is cooler to me than TP Link finding out he's just The Chosen Hero. I figured that in BotW they were going to have to have the protagonists figure out a different way to stop Ganon, since Zelda and Link had the whole conversation in the rain about "what if you weren't meant to be a swordsman?"

>absence of the goddesses
It doesn't make much sense to me that the people of Skyloft wouldn't know about the Golden Goddesses while the people of Ocarina of Time do. Unless only very important beings like the Deku Tree and possibly the King of Hyrule (in WW) know about the Golden Goddesses while the average people don't due to the Golden Goddesses fucking off after leaving the Triforce.
>>
>>377808648
The people of Ocarina don't know either, or at least don't bring them up. You only hear about them from the Deku tree. I don't think the people ever say anything about them.
>>
>>377808834
Yeah, that's what I realized while writing the post. I guess the average people of Hyrule don't know about the Golden Goddesses, huh...
>>
File: 85%chancesomeonewastalkingshit.gif (2MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
85%chancesomeonewastalkingshit.gif
2MB, 444x250px
My question is what happened to the Master Sword in the 'fall' timeline. What happened between ABLW and LoZ
>>
>>377809068
I always find it weird that Nintendo did not just retcom the "magic sword" to be the master sword. Seems awfully stubborn for a company that retconned entire timelines later on.

>>377809002
Well, there are statues of the three godesses in TP, so they should have been atleast somewhat known to the population.
>>
>>377809330
The statues were in Hyrule Castle though, which seems to support the idea of the Golden Goddesses being only known to important entities like the royal family.

>>377809068
"The Master Sword sleeps...forever!"*

*At least until ALBW.

On a side note, it was pretty nice to see BotW indicate that Fi's spirit is still active in the sword.
>>
>>377809774
I didn't like Fi's spirit in the sword. She got the ending that tied in neatly with the rest of the series in SS even if it was a little tragic. Her consciousness disappeared dissipated along with Demise's. Neat and clean. Now we have the question of why didn't the other Link's or Zelda's hear her?
>>
>>377810006

I'm going to go with Link never got BTFO like he did in BOTW before, and Fi understood that reincarnation would take hundreds of years

Which also makes me wonder. If Fi knew about the resurrection chamber, then what is the Sheikah's connection to the goddess 'technology' that made the master sword in the first place?
>>
>>377810006
Maybe the other Links just never were in a situation like that.

>>377810190
Well, the robots from the past in SS did worship Hylia.
>>
>>377810190
What does Fi even know and why does she know it? See where the plot holes come in? How could she possibly know anything about that shit if she's routinely stuck in a pedestal for thousands of years?
>>
>>377810296

Information Super-Fi-Way
>>
>>377810296
She's an incorporeal divine robot with amazing sensor capabilities. If she can dowse for hearts (whatever the fuck those are in-universe), she can douse for technologically advanced healing chambers.
>>
>>377810704

its now my personal headcanon that the Shiekah Slate is a port of Fi
>>
>>377810509
sensible chuckle
>>
>>377810190
>Which also makes me wonder. If Fi knew about the resurrection chamber, then what is the Sheikah's connection to the goddess 'technology' that made the master sword in the first place?

The hero of 10,000 years ago also wielded the Master Sword. Since things like the resurrection chamber and the shrines were built around then, it's probable that Fi knew because she paid attention while the hero 10,000 years ago was carting her around on his back.

Note that Fi only intervened when Link was pretty much dead, which hasn't happened in any other case except for the Hero of Time failing in the downfall timeline. In that timeline, the Master Sword has significant issues: ALttP Link finds it wanting and has it tempered; after ALBW, the timeline falls further, and the Link of Loz/AoL never wields it. It's possible that the downfall timeline also comes with the Master Sword failing in terms of Fi.
>>
>>377810704
I don't really believe that, I think that's just another minor lapse in lore that BotW does. Great game but really kinda shits over the established stuff.
>>
I'm glad BotW finished off the Ganon business and politely shat on the previous stuff.

I hope this means we'll get completely new adventures and lore like in Minish Cap.
>>
I like to believe that heart containers are sort of like horcruxes in-universe that enemies use to keep themselves alive up to the point of exhausting that power. When they exhaust that power, instead of dying, they burst into dust because there's nothing holding their body together at that point but magic. Link ends up doing the same out of necessity.

>>377811851
Same here.
>>
>>377805507
Link used the Triforce, not her. Furthermore if that was her plan why come up with some convoluted time travelling bullshit instead of just using it right away? She as a goddess can't touch it but her original Link probably could have. He died protecting her when he could have just used the Triforce.
>>
File: 1327283887735.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1327283887735.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Where did he even come from? What is this place?
>>
>>377812023
Sacred Realm?
>>
>>377812023
I think of him as a similar character to Ungolianth in Tolkien's universe. Ungolianth is really just an avatar of the emptiness that was there before the world was created.

Another explanation is that there is an entire pantheon of deities in Zelda, and he is just the top dog of the evil ones.
>>
File: netsuzou trap.jpg (361KB, 1080x860px) Image search: [Google]
netsuzou trap.jpg
361KB, 1080x860px
>>377811987
>Link used the Triforce
Did you even watch the fucking ending of the game, you stupid cuck?
>>
>>377812430
Yes? Link uses the Triforce to destroy Demise. Zelda/Hylia doesn't use it at all.
>>
File: really wakes my winds.png (51KB, 225x268px) Image search: [Google]
really wakes my winds.png
51KB, 225x268px
>>377812757
Oh, my apologies, I thought you were referring to BotW.
>>
>>377811987
>why come up with some convoluted time travelling bullshit

I hate Zelda's time travel. It's fucking stupid. Oracle of Ages is the only one that used it well.
>>
File: link shows off her moves.gif (3MB, 244x233px) Image search: [Google]
link shows off her moves.gif
3MB, 244x233px
Hyrule Warriors (Legends) should have had more interactions between characters.
>>
>>377814137
That's not canon.

Speaking of canon - why are the four swords games?
>>
>>377814810
I know, and since it's not canon, they should've used the opportunity to have tons of side interactions and goodies. It sounds hilarious. Consider Midna and Tetra meeting up and coming a prankster duo.
>>
>>377812351
I saw Demise more as an avatar of chaos and animalistic instinct. Like some sort of primal creature that was spawned from the initial creation of the world, before the concept of peace was even created. It bugged me that Skyward Sword had so much unexplored history behind it, even if it was just the origin story of Hyrule and the Master Sword.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.