[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you call this your favorite game, nevermind fav MGS,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

How can you call this your favorite game, nevermind fav MGS, when you haven't even bothered to play the best version of it?
>>
>>377803171
The PC version is that much better?

I consider MGS2 the best but the series as a whole is pretty overrated.

1-3 at least all have some good things going for them.
>>
>>377803171
That's the worst version of it tho'.
And it's FAR from my favorite game, less so my favorite MGS game.

>>377803314
No, it's a terrible port, that literally does not work on modern systems. The lack of pressure-sensitive buttons on PC also means you'll be doing tons of unnecessary misfires.
>>
>>377803426

It does work, there's also a fan patch which fixes a lot of bugs. But yeah, it's probably not the best port. That said, I prefer it to emulating the PS2 version. Also just press R2 to unequip the gun before firing.
>>
That port is okay with one of the fan patches

Best version is PCSX2, the HD version is missing lots of shit
>>
god tier: PC port with the fan patch in 4K
mid tier: PCSX2 with upscaling etc
bad tier: everything else
>>
God I remember when my friend gave me a pirated copy of that game as a 'birthday gift' and it was such a piece of shit I couldn't run it at all after installing, even with fucking with compat settings forever.

Glad to see it's getting some care from mods and shit I guess but I'd really like to see it for MGS3.
Still can't run it on PCSX2 without having fucked up looking grass in all the jungle environments or maybe I just need to get more autistic with my pcsx2 configgin.
>>
>>377803426
>tons of unnecessary misfires.
just unequip and reequip your weapon.
not so good for assault rifles though, tracking vamp and his knives on EE without running out of ammo is crucial
>>
File: Suppressors are gay.jpg (164KB, 804x565px) Image search: [Google]
Suppressors are gay.jpg
164KB, 804x565px
>>377803552
>best version is input lag
>lying about HD version

Give over, will you
>>
>>377804716
HD version is missing stuff tho

PCSX2 does have some input lag, though it's reduced if you turn off certain settings
>>
>>377803552
>>377804874

What is this missing ''''stuff'''''
>>
File: 1454706949720.jpg (30KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1454706949720.jpg
30KB, 576x432px
>>377803171
This must have been the peak of shit I had to put up with as a teenage pc gamer.

Playing a shitty ported game on a toaster with 10 fps at best on a fucking keyboard. Holy fuck how did I survive these years.
>>
>>377805085
Bonus side modes and the nightmare in 3
>>
>>377805085
Skateboarding
>>
>>377805204
It's also missing several effects, people have made comparisons.
>>
>>377805204

Oh I thought you meant the game was missing anything core to the actual experience.

Didn't know they took out the nightmare from 3, that's weird.

I'll give you that it doesn't make any sense for them to not add the any of the bonus stuff from Substance/Subsistence. Maybe they're just doing it so they can cash in later, the skateboarding was awesome.
>>
>>377805373
Secret theater isn't in hd collection either
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.