[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought this game a few days ago and started playing it today,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: 20170523141154_1.jpg (721KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170523141154_1.jpg
721KB, 1920x1080px
So I bought this game a few days ago and started playing it today, here's my verdict;

I don't really get it. I feel like I'm missing something or something is wrong with my copy? I mean, this game is supposed to be huge, something really awesome and amazing, great graphics and everything, but it felt quite underwhelming/incomplete. The Tutorial is literally just a few notes on the ground telling you what buttons to press

The Graphics were the disappoint for me though, I don't know if I'm hard to impress (I am desu) but they seem kind, mediocre? (I'm playing Ultra everything), this kind of game and world is just my thing, I love it, but the graphics feel really dated. I don't know if its me

The 3D is also meh, the corpses of enemies literally flair around the ground, that was alittle annoying.

I don't know if this game was largely made to cater to the dark souls playerbase and that's why it feels meh to newcomers like me, I won't complain about the difficulty because I knew coming in to this game that it would be difficult (The first boss killed me 6 times because everytime I wanted to block I tumbled around instead)

Also on a final note; I have I7 7700 GTX 1060 and I have 60 fps max on this game on highest graphics, this normal or am I missing something?
>>
>>377800394
You must be 18 years or older to use this website.
>>
>>377800571
>someone disagrees
>"psh go away ... kid ... nothin personel..."
>>
>>377800840
It just reads like a load of crap. Its the most superficial kind of analysis coming from someone who admits they are a new player. Its ok you dont like it, but you come off as a bland moron posting this.
>>
>>377800394
It's the shittiest game in the franchise and has the lowest ratings on Steam for a reason, so your experience is not that different from the rest of the Steam playerbase.
>>
File: 1494595784509.png (104KB, 243x297px) Image search: [Google]
1494595784509.png
104KB, 243x297px
>>377800394
>The 3D is also meh
What does this mean?
>>
>>377800394
who the fuck cares what some faggot who has only beat the tutorial thinks? fuck off
>>
I don't know if you're being serious but I'll bite.

The game series has never been known for graphics so much as art direction, the tutorial teaches you everything you need to get started and lets you work out the rest instead of dragging on overly long, and the enemies flailing around on the ground is a fantastic feature you'll learn to appreciate.

If you were coming into the series expecting a game with lots of flair and setpieces you're going to be disappointed, you're here to explore and beat stuff up.
>>
>>377800394
The Souls series is one of the most mediocre and overrated videogame series ever created. Refund it; refund it right now and avoid the rest of the series like the plague.

If you want something like you're describing, you can't go wrong with The Witcher 3.
>>
I I'm not sure what else you would like you know would know how to do that the tutorial didn't tell you. You can always ask here but in my experience the short notes were all I needed.
Graphics and visuals go beyond just texture quality and if you can't find beauty in the environments in the game I'm not sure what to say. The game has some truly interesting stuff although I would still say DS1 still has the most interesting world to explore. I have no idea what you mean by the 3D, but the ragdoll corpses were pretty popular among fans of the previous games because they were funny. And as a general tip dodging >>>>>>>>>> blocking in Souls games.
>>
File: Average Soulsborne map.jpg (88KB, 1573x761px) Image search: [Google]
Average Soulsborne map.jpg
88KB, 1573x761px
>>377800394
The Soulsborne games aren't huge; people believes they're huge because the maps are interconnected somehow, but at the end of the day all the levels have this layout.
Why so many people keep falling for those awful games?
>>
>>377801147
lol. No.
>>
>>377800394
The tutorial is like that for every Souls game. It's supposed to be simple while leaving you to figure out how everything works.
Graphics just don't matter. The game's details are just always gritty, often too gritty due to stylistic choices.
Enemies moving around like that came back because they brought back movement elements from Dark Souls 1.
It was made to cater to a fanbase due to higher-up meddling but to anyone who isn't sick of pandering it's a good game with very little setbacks to it aside from multiplayer.
Honestly just play the fucking game, you bought it and the next area and boss aren't too bad.
>>
>>377801486
What is wrong with that kind of layout? As long as you do not go full retard with it like DS2 it seems fine to me.
>>
>>377801486
Only dark souls did interconnectivity well
>>
>>377801604
The Witcher 3 is a far superior game to any of the souls games and it's exactly what OP is searching for
>huge, something really awesome and amazing, great graphics and everything
>>
>>377801940
Its not that I was looking for something like that. What I meant was the surprise/shock that came to me with this game (famous game, big playerbase, lots of screenshots with cool graphics) and I pop in to what feels really incomplete and not worth the apparent craze/fame (probably because it's more centric towards the playerbase I guess). Not saying it's a bad game, but 99% games in the modern supermarket are usually easy to get into, and this game comes off as surprising in that aspect

I'm not a casualfag or anything. I play alot of simulators like steel beasts, steel armor, etc. So I put alot of time into getting into games and don't get bored way too fast or go for easy-mode games.
>>
>muh grafics
>muh grafics!!
>enemies move when theyre dead wtf!!
>tutorial doesn't hold my hand how am I supposed to know wat do?!!?!?

You must be so new to gaming in general holy fucking shit
>>
>>377800394
You are missing a brain.
>>
>>377800840
You type the same way I did when I was 15.
>>
>>377802229
It's definitively not worth the craze / fame.

>Mediocre graphics
>Little to no story (you only have background story)
>Mediocre gameplay (raise shield, block attack, punish or dodge to the back, punish)
>Archaic design (no idea where to go except for ambiguous quotes from NPCs, losing your experience points on dying, almost everything is hidden for no reason, no checkpoints at bosses forcing you to walk through the entire level)
>The invasion mechanic, one of the very worst things about the series imo: some prick can get into your game and ruin your progress. To avoid it you have to refuse to engage in multiplayer, one of the game's core components. What kind of backwards logic is this?
>Clunky movement
>Small levels interconnected through doors and shortcuts, giving the illusion of a big world
>Unfair difficulty

As I said before, you should refund it. Don't waste your time with such a terrible game. The only reason /v/ worships it is e-penis.
>>
>>377802650
I can't tell if you're trolling but if those are your reasons for disliking the game and you're giving him Witcher 3 as an alternative you're braindead. I like Witcher 3 but you're actually fucking retarded, worse than OP. Kill yourself
>>
>>377802650

>reductive bulletpoints
>haha i win the internet argument
>>
Wait does this game have a cancer playerbase?

I know there's a civil war here and factions about this game and shit. But this is /v/, I looked up videos on how to beat the first boss (Ieonyx was his name?) And the comments were loaded with people shitting on the video saying its no point adding a video about the tutorial boss (Even though its hard to newcomers like me, I died 6 times, others said 20-50). I'm started to believe this game has a kiddie fanbase.
>>
>>377803567
It's not rude or shitposting to tell you that if you're having trouble with Iudex Gundyr you really should just stop playing and refund the game, it's probably the easiest boss in the game, things are only going to get harder for you. Why waste your time
>>
>>377800394
This is the most underage post I have ever seen in this entire website and I have been here since 2008.

Congratulations.
>>
>>377803567
>6 times to the fucking tutorial boss
I mean, I guess everyone's gotta start somewhere. Videogames probably aren't for you though.
>>
>>377800394
couldlearnhowtousereshade
sorrymyspacebarliterallyjuststoppedworking
reallyimprovedthegraphicsforme
alsobuydarksouls1andinstalldsfixandgofromthere
itsagedalotnowbutitsprobablythebetteronetoplayfirst
>>
People will respond to this thread.
>>
>>377803567
It has one of the most cancerous fanbases around. Pay no heed to it.

Just play the game some more, imo at least till you get to Irithyll, and see if you like it. The controls seem clunky at first but work great for the game when you get used to them. You might feel lost at times, just try to explore and take your time. Finding your way is part of the fun.
>>
>>377800394

> started playing today
> has link of fire armor

Sure bud.
>>
>>377804159
Nig that's default knight set
>>
>>377803867
>>377803742
6 times is fine if he's literally just picked up the game. Dark souls has a steep learning curve but once you git gud, the difficulty plateaus.

>>377803567
That being said, if you don't enjoy dying a lot you may not enjoy the game as a whole, the sense of accomplishment in dark souls comes from throwing yourself at a boss until you finally beat it and move on to discover the next cool location/ crazy boss design.
>>
>>377804272
Pretty much this.
>>
>>377803867
>>377803742
I don't know why but I had huge amounts of trouble with Iudex Gundyr and I am a Souls Veteran, having played and completed every entry except Demon's Souls. I died about 10 times to Iuedex, though with other bosses people had huge trouble with like Abyss Watchers, Aldrich, and even fucking Champ I died maybe 2 or 3 times. For Dancer and Dragonslayer Armour I beat them on my first go too. I feel like Iudex is actually a really hard tutorial boss in comparison to the other tutorial bosses in the series. Asylum demon is basically made so you nearly kill him in one hit, then its a matter of clobbering him three more times immediately after. Iudex is a two stage fight with the second stage being really fucking hard for newbies who don't have any form of fire damage, also making it really hard to read his moves because of the abyss corruption spewing out of him.
>>
>>377801758
Couldn't agree more.
>>
>>377800394
the graphics in dark souls 3 are abysmal and it doesn't get brought up enough

the enemies at the start of the game look like they're wearing fucking plastic binbags, everything looks like shit

dark souls 1 looked a lot better, dark souls 2 in its good parts looked better too desu
>>
>>377800394
You sound spoiled.
You are also probably not playing online.
>>
I haven't posted on or lurked /v/ for awhile but what's with the anti-Souls shit I've been seeing lately?
It's almost as intolerable as the Soulsfags who wouldn't shut up about it.
We get it, you don't like it.
>>
>>377801486
the worst thing about those doors is they always say "door does not open from this side" which you eventually learn to interpret as shortcuts so you never think that there could be new exciting stuff behind the door
>>
>>377800394
Dont put depth of field to the max it looks so fucking bad. I dont remember if I had it on low or medium but one of those looked good.
>>
>>377804478
Factually wrong.
>>
>>377804902
but subjectitivitily correct.....
>>
>>377804353
Different strokes for different folks. People told me Nameless was crazy hard and I died to him 4 times. Meanwhile people say Pontiff is easy and he beat my ass into the ground for over an hour.
>>
If you are playing DS3 without having played DS1 first, then my boy it is your goddamn fault if you don't like it. Dark Souls is not about graphics, nor about farming around like a goddamn n00b. The game may seem hard at first, but it's really easy once you learn the mechanics. Play it some more and meet the other bosses (they are all fucking awesome), also speak with the npcs, one could say that the whole game revolves around the interactions with the npcs. ( I apologize for the mistakes but english isn't my first language yannow)
>>
DS3 is okay. DS2 shitters just try to force the 'ds3 is bad' meme so their game will no longer be considered the black sheep of the series.
>>
>>377801758
I really enjoyed retarded alien nonsence of Dark Souls 2, even despite how much I hated the game itself. If I had to replay one of soulsborne games, I would probably replay DS2 just because the world is memorable
>>
>>377800394
Every time I see a screenshot of Dark Souls 3 it makes me want to play it again

Do I have autism?
>>
>>377803567
>being so shit you need to watch a tutorial for a boss

lmao should died like 20 time till you finally figured it out by yourself you retard this why people play Souls if you play with a guide you play the game wrong.
>>
File: 1495225028153.jpg (52KB, 1024x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1495225028153.jpg
52KB, 1024x1010px
>this many people are sincerely replying to this ratbrain gamefaqs level thread

i want this ride to end
>>
>>377806952
All you have to do is pull that trigger anon
>>
>>377806942

I didn't even gain anything from the tutorial aside from figuring out that locking unto an enemy helps alot. The death ride didn't end there. I still got killed alot buy the guys in the trash bags, almost killed by a white dog, and got randomly cheesed by a naked dude with a katana.
>>
>>377806671
Every time I see DaS3 it makes me want to play Bloodborne again
>>
>>377801758
For the first half of the game
>>
File: blunderborn.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
blunderborn.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>377807363
>tfw love BB
>can't play it anymore after playing DaS3 in 4k and 60 fps

I just can't do BB frames drop like crazy legit unplayable sometimes.
>>
https://youtu.be/oOt8BJuRnbI

Old Moonlight spell best spell.
>>
>>377807742
God the FPS drops in that game are so fucking harsh. Some bosses nearly make your PS4 explode.
Really fucking annoying
>>
>>377800394
>don't really get it. I feel like I'm missing something or something is wrong with my copy?

Hey, that's fine. The Souls games are really a bit niche, they're meant as action RPG retro throwbacks with challenging combat, I totally get people not getting the appeal. Maybe the series is just not for you and you don't

>MUH GRAPHICS
>MUH 3D PHYSICAS
>MUH TUTORIALS

Actually no, nevermind. Just uninstall the game and then kill yourself you stupid fuck.
>>
>>377807742
I like BB's spin on the combat and the gothic setting but like

I've been binging all the Souls games recently. In DS1 it's more forgivable because the pace of that game was much slower than anything that came after it. DS2's last version is silky smooth, DS3 is silky smooth until you get to the dreg heap.

And then going back to Bloodborne, the 30fps combined with the faster pace did bother me. It's especially noticeable when I tried remote-play on PC. 60fps games like P5 and Nioh were fine if a little bit muddier with the resolution, but the periodic choppy framerate was more noticeable with Bloodborne.
>>
>>377800394
>I feel like I'm missing something or something is wrong with my copy?

Who the fuck says this?
>>
>>377808121
autism
>>
>>377808508
Fuck off. I will readily accept and be willing to discuss the flaws and drawbacks of all the Souls games, they're not perfect and OP is kinda right that this many sequels in they're in danger of catering to their existing fanbase too much.

But literally OP's main criticisms are "the graphics suck" and "the tutorial is bad". Like are you serious? Are you for fucking real? Tutorial's not super in depth but the idea is you learn the buttons and then learn the game through doing, and you can beat the game by doing anything really, fat rolling with heavy armor is totally an option even if it's not optimal. But why does OP go on so much about the graphics? Souls games have never had good graphics and if that's the dealbreaker then you're a shallow petty fuck that should go back to whatever shit garbage you played before.
>>
File: eb6.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>377800394
>>
>>377802650

>Unfair difficulty

When will this le maymay end? Souls game are NOT difficult. You just need to be cautious.
>>
>>377800394
Thread is on page 9; I only want to say this to you OP:

kys
>>
>>377803742
> Souls veteran
> never completed Demon's Souls

?????
>>
>>377801036
OP is an idiot but the vast majority of the helmets in this game are garbage. All the closed face helmets are unfinished and the Black Knight helmet and Smough's helmet deserve special mentions for being complete shit.

>>377804902
Nah he's kind of right.
And while most of DaS2 is ass in terms of the graphical quality the torches in that game shit all over the meager offering that DaS3 brings to the table.

>>377804775
>DaS2 lets you knock down some doors
>You can knock on a door and an enemy on the other side will open it

It's mostly limited to just invisible walls in other areas but the environment interaction in DaS2 is so much better than in DaS3.

>>377806582
It's not bad but just Okay also isn't exactly something worth praising. DaS2 is also just barely OK.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.