[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

after struggling for a while in this game i realized that pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: 250px-Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (33KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg
33KB, 250x355px
after struggling for a while in this game
i realized that pistol is fucking useless, i have 500 ammo and never use it again
>>
File: 1495426583119.jpg (67KB, 758x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495426583119.jpg
67KB, 758x1000px
>>377796193
It's not a long range weapon retard. Early weapons range are ass because they're all used at very close range.
>>
>>377796193
how shit are you at the game OP?
stupid sucking dick and playing the game
>>
>>377796325

It isn't an any kind of weapon. It does piss poor damage, no armor penetration even with armor penetrating round and you can be the width of two stalkers away from a guy and you will still miss most of your shots when aiming for the head. Couple this with constant jamming, low magazine capacity and firing rate, and you have a disaster in your hands. I've played through the entire game with only pistols, and I had a far harder time than with my pacifist run (no weapons at all). It is easier to just run by things than use those shitty pistols.
>>
>>377797038
shut it homo
>>
>>377797271
>get sawn off
>wait for enemy to get close
>lean around corner and blow them away
or just get one of those shitty rifles from the army base or the checkpoint, anything is better than the starting pistol.
>>
None of the handguns are really that hot beyond tutorial zone plinking, and are more just something to tide you over until you find your first generic AK or MP5. Even the .45 shit isn't as reliable as dumping a Groza's entire mag onto a group of fuckheads later in the game, because once you have any given scoped AR and a nice shotgun, you're at the point in the game where you want the advantage

When you say """a while""", in addition to having the merc armor as an option right at the start, you should've dumped the PK almost immediately after grabbing an SMG from the bandit camp (or an AK from the army patrol that sometimes wanders outside the range of the turret if you're a badass), because if you've been playing a while and you're still relying on pistols, you need to rethink your playstyle
>>
>>377797781

>>wait for enemy to get close

If you buy yourself some slugs and account for the drop-off, you can be sniping stalkers a good 20 to 30 meters away right out of the bunker. The damage and penetration is also excellent, which is bizarre considering that the other guns available are complete trash at any range. And then you do a few little errands for Sidorovich and get yourself some darts, and now you can wipe out all the military guys from such a long range that they won't even be able to reach you in time.
>>
>>377796193
>pistol is bad
no shit Strelok
aim for the head and come back
>>
To prove you're a STALKER master you have to finish the game with just the Makarov, without saving
>>
>>377798612
Hah.
>>
what the fuck is that in the tunnel?
it does something and sudenly im dead
>>
The one with the camera zooming and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

[Spoiler]That's your mom[/spoiler]
>>
>>377801224
It's a psionic attack from a Controller.
>>
>>377801520
dumb
>>377801619
do i have to run?
>>
Pistols are great in call of Chernobyl, the grach with it's 21 round magazine let's you just dump into mutants and use all that 9x19 ammo.

Then you find a UMP 45 and suddenly all that .45 finds a use.
>>
>>377802290
Yes, get out of there Stalker
>>
>>377802290
run up to it and stab it in the head, in vanilla soc they have no melee attack and their mind rape doesn't work up close.
>>
Was thinking about getting this.
How much of a horror game is this?
>>
Am I fucking retarded or what
Everyone can hit me yet I can't hit them even while crouching with perfect aim
It's the beginning of the game, I'm using some assault rifle I found on a corpse, not even the pistol
>>
>>377796193
I actually used Fort-15 for a pretty long time.

>>377797038
Stalker is a shit game, faggot.

>>377797271
The unique Deagle you can find in Rostok is pretty cool.

>>377797789
MP5 is trash as well.
>>
>>377802892
scarier than your average modern horror, you might get flashbacks of silent hill because fear is result of atmosphere
>>377802956
that AK early on is trash as well, dont expect to find a good weapon until you get to Garbage where you can get mp5
>>
>>377802956
Pretty much all the early game weapons are fucking garbage.

That said, enemy guns are fucking garbage too, they really shouldn't be too good at hitting you either.

>>377803024
MP5 is a piece of shit.

Strelok's AK is gud.
>>
>>377802892
It's not really a horror game. Some areas of the game are spooky as fuck, though.
>>377802956
>Everyone can hit me yet I can't hit them even while crouching with perfect aim
Just about every gun in the starting area is pretty inaccurate. If you're going to try plinking heads from as far away as possible you'll just have to accept the wasted shots.
>>
>>377803052
strelok ak is 3rd (4th if you dont do an94 bug) ak rifle you can get in game, obviously not the one I was talking about
mp5 is great due to low recoil, common ammo with decent damage and armor piercing rounds that can melt harder enemies
>>
>>377803052
My mistake, I shouldn't have said assault rifle I was using MP5 and didn't even test the AK I found.
But if MP5 is known to be horrible I'll try AK i guess
>>
>>377796193
Really, the starting weapon isn't good? Who would've fucking thought.
>>
I have three stalker games. What mods are essential to shadow of Chernobyl?
>>
>>377796193
shotguns 1hko at close range, so just pick up a sawed off and wreck face by sneaking up on people.

They all converge on where they last saw or heard you, so if you blast some fool then move away without anyone seeing you, they'll all go towards where the shot came from.
>>
>>377803159
Well yeah the soldiers you fight before Agroprom drop AKs too, those are OK.

>>377803205
If it's AKMS, the shortened version, it's pretty shit.

If it's a full-sized AKM-74, it's still kind of crap but good enough.

Just don't expect decent performance until you start running into NATO caliber assault rifles.

Also, grenades are actually pretty good, loot them from bandits and use them, keep some for Agroprom Underground mission too.

>>377803232
People who are used to play good FPS?
>>
>>377803402
>People who are used to play good FPS?
>expecting a game to hand hold you
get out of here
>>
>>377803353
you can play it Patched just fine, if you really want to mod it just take Starter Pack or just ZRP
>>
File: 1469219612484.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1469219612484.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>377803353
Use the starter pack
>>
>>377803402
>Also, grenades are actually pretty good
This

>playing CoC
>see a controller fucking around off in the distance
>Chuck 2 F1 grenades at him
>Destroy him before he can even Mindhacc me
>>
>>377803402
I'm just at the Garbage and as a habit I try to keep bombs and tools like that conserved
Some guys were apparently blocking a touristic area which I couldn't find anything but heavy radiation so I stopped for the day
>>
>>377803402
>People who are used to play good FPS?
Name me those good FPS's you play
>>
>>377803680
Garbage has a lot of radiation heavy places, most of these are on top of these garbage hills, so dont climb them
>>
>>377803680
They weight quite a lot IIRC so eventually you'll run out of space! Keep some in case of emergency, but don't hesitate to use them, maybe not on regular bandits, but once you'll have to find soldiers and shit.

>>377803656
>Pseudogiant in the tunnels of the Brain Scorcher
>chuck a bunch of nades there
>it just dies
what a useless mutant

when I first met it in X-18 (?) lab it didn't even charge me too, just stomped and then kind of stood there while I shot it

>>377803683
I play all kinds of FPS, not just good ones. You probably wanted to know which good FPS games give you good starting weapons? HL1 pistol is pretty good for the enemies you'll be fighting, it's precise and fast. Doom pistol is trash, but the shotgun is in a room right next to your starting room and is amazing.
>>
>>377803680
Don't bother hoarding grenades for the end of the game because by then you'll have overpowered weapons that blow the fuck out of everything.
>>
>>377804112
pseudogiant doesnt work well in confined spaces because of his size and pathing, plop him in the open and you better outdamage him before he drops you, story related
>playing stalker: SoC DMM randomizer
>rolling with duty for a while
>got good equipment after some time and artifacts
>wipe out freedom
>go do favors for scientists and stalkers
>on one of the raids go through army warehouses from merc entry
>pseudogiant
>rekt it with two nades
>a single merc and a monolithian in middle camp
>kill them
>screen gets tinted blue
>"could this be a controler?"
>keep going, what could go wrong
>head towards village where duty planned attack on freedom in base game
>see fracture
>and another
>and another
>and a fucking chimera
>gp-25 to the rescue
>a fucking burer follows them
>gp-25 this fucker as well
>loot them for bodyparts
>three more fractures
>hear woofing and blue tint comes back confirming its a psydog instead of controler
>think its gonna be ez
>how wrong can one man be
>deal with fractures
>dont see dogs yet
>see another fracture in distance coming to me
>and a set of glowing eyes
>multiple sets of glowing eyes
>ran out of grenades
>up against 5 bloodcykas in front of my face
ded, such is life in the zone
>>
>>377803353
if you're a true stalker then no mods

or just get zrp. no graphics mods though because that's for faggots.
>>
>>377804394
a true stalker downloads the mod that disables visible projectiles because that is babymode
>>
fallout nv > stalker
>>
Flinching.
>>
>>377805525
Not a fair comparison. FPS with RPG elements vs. RPG with FPS elements.

That said, at least you can hit people with NV starting pistol reliably.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.jpg (702KB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.jpg
702KB, 1536x1250px
>>377797271
>It does piss poor damage,
still one-shots human enemies that lack a helmet.

Also, there's more than one pistol and more pistol calibers. You should use assault rifles anyway.

>>377802892
>How much of a horror game is this?
It's not, but the atmosphere and certain sections can definitely make you weep more than any 2010s ""horror"" title.

>>377803353
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

>>377803205
>didn't even test the AK I found.
Keep in mind that AKs are still low-tier ARs in the game. Especially the AKS74-U carbine.
>>
>>377805525
Metro LL>fallout NV>STALKER
>>
File: Part 1.webm (2MB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Part 1.webm
2MB, 640x400px
>>377796193
>all this whining about the Makarov
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-6LSn74z4k

Once again, it's the ADHD casual rookies bitching about being bad at games.
Yeah, the starting gear's hobo-tier shit, but that just means you gotta compensate with skills.
>>
>>377806432
>that railroaded piece of shit
>better than STALKER or Fallout

lol no
>>
File: my nigga.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>377802967
>fort-15
>>
>>377804112
>>377796193
>>377797658
>>377803402
You better not be talkin shit about the Mak n cheese.
>>
>>377797789
>None of the handguns are really that hot beyond tutorial zone plinking

The USP with Hydroshok ammo saved my ass in whichever one of the X-labs it is that spawns a fuckton on Monolith on the way out. Pistols are (and should be treated as) a backup weapon but they're actually really fucking handy in a pinch, especially for the size.
>>
my game crashes everytime i use a medpack, any way to fix that?
>>
What's the best pistol and why is it the based SIP-t M200?
>>
>>377808776
Now that's a new one.
Where'd ya get your game? Any mods? You on W10 by any chance?

>>377810498
P99 with P+ ammo.
Failing that, Big Ben.
>>
>>377796325
i find shooting from the hip more comfortable, as the gun model wont obstruct the view when it fires

as i understand, i wont lose any accuracy this way, right?
>>
>>377806435
No kidding, I'm always saving ammunition for when I get rushed (which is most of the time) by blood suckers or those god damn pshycs. If I'm not doing that I'm pistol wipping everywhere.
>>
>>377806435
not to mention you immediately get a merc suit and a silent makarov right at the beginning with some p+ ammo.

>waaa i just want to be OP already and never have to actually do anything ever reee, fuck exploring or thinking up a away to beat overwhelming force!
>>
>>377811864
The merc suit requires some acrobatics to which CoD kids fortunately are not used to anymore (and I tend to ignore because it's kinda cheat), and I've even seen posts of people playing more than halfway through the game and not realizing you can break those boxes and metal crates for loot. Or that you can TRADE with random NPCs.

It's sad times we're living in.
>>
>>377812559
this is why we will never get a good, actual shooter ever again. exploration, basic tactics, and thinking about anything at all is beyond MUH CoD MUH BATTLEFIELD
>>
>>377811339
you will, Aiming down sights make you more accurate as well as low crouching. scopes just magnify the ADS and dont change the accuracy.
>>
>>377806432
go back from where you came.
>>
File: 1465023778782.jpg (100KB, 632x493px) Image search: [Google]
1465023778782.jpg
100KB, 632x493px
Monolith did nothing wrong
>>
>>377802892
It's got some good spooky elements and if you're playing with mods+ironman bloodsuckers in the early game are terrifying.

Most of the spooks come from the atmosphere although special mention goes to the lab levels.
>>
Holy shit call of chernobyl was a gamechanger for me. After some tinkering getting arsenal and the damage mod working, this game became everything I wanted out of STALKER. I didn't think ironman would be a good idea but dammit it just works.

My only complaint is that it's balls to the wall unfair if you play it on master without the damage mods. Unlike OG STALKER, CoC boosts NPC health as well as damage and accuracy so you end up fighting a basic cheeki breeki that takes 3 shotgun blasts to kill at close range that can blow your shit out in two hits from a basic pistol.
>>
>>377815385
I find mods like CoC just boring.
The big appeal of STALKER for me was the fact that it was NOT just a sandbox where you merely survive for the sake of surviving.

On top of that, The Faction War 3.x did it all better than CoC.
>>
>>377815385
>>377815385
I feel like CoC would be better if it actually had some proper quests.
>>
>>377816396
>The big appeal of STALKER for me was the fact that it was NOT just a sandbox where you merely survive for the sake of surviving.
A million times this. CoC is fucking garbage on its own, but seems like a nice platform to build upon.
>>
File: strelok.png (127KB, 518x829px) Image search: [Google]
strelok.png
127KB, 518x829px
>>377796325
My personal problem with sidearms in STALKER is that for some stupid reason Marked One always holsters weapons unloaded even in combat situations. When your primary weapon runs out of ammo or jams, you have to slowly unequip it, and slowly pull out a pistol, pull the slide back to chamber a round, and only then are you ready to fire. That's the reason why I think pistols are useless. It's safer and more reliable to leave the pistol home and pull out your knife if you need to switch a weapon.
>>
>>377802967
>Stalker is a shit game, faggot.

Being this new
>>
>>377796193
I just started the game for the first time and killed all the military in the bridge with just my pistol.
>>
>>377818625
Now go do the base in Cordon.
>>
>>377818697
Ok i will try my best.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.