[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decent base building >weapon/armor customization >wear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: fo4cover.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
fo4cover.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
>decent base building
>weapon/armor customization
>wear clothes underneath armor
>survival difficulty done well
>handful of high-quality companions
If this didn't have Fallout in its name, would /v/ like it more?
>>
>>377795641
It has alright mechanics for an AAA title, but there is no corresponding content or encounter design for all that. This is why New Vegas is the only playable FPS Fallout, because it is coherent. But I do agree that the hate is partially due to the title, it was more rarely seen during FO3 days but now it has come in full swing with the "media" and steam reviews and such.
>>
>>377795641
But then it would just be called 4.
That sounds a bit silly, OP. Not the kind of game I'd buy at a glance.
>>
I did not play the previous Fallout games and I enjoyed Fallout 4.

I also did not play the previous Elder Scrolls games and I enjoyed Skyrim.

Take from that what you will.
>>
>>377795641
No. It's got no meat in its bones. Not enough weapon, enemy, or area variety to keep me (thus may be different for others, obviously) interested in the shooting/exploring, and the rug elements and quests are too shallow to make up for that.
>>
>>377796407
>Take from that what you will.
That you have limited experience and a bias-inducing reference point and that is not something to be vain of.
>>
>>377795641
would have never had brought it.

without fallout lore it just reminds me of rust but not indie.
>>
>>377795641
I haven't touched it in a long time, bit I remember it being an unoptimized mess.

Not sure if there were patches released but I remember minmap textures turning blurry randomly.

Also, I recall reading that the entire terrain of the Commenwelth was literally duplicated and culled to reduce draw distance, and that caused terrain bugs.

Anyone know if there were any patches that reaolved any of this.
>>
>>377795641
No point to base building, it was also painfully arduous.
>>
>>377795641

Not really.

To me, FO4 is in the same category as ME3, DA Inquisition or MGS V.

Not bad, but not as good as it's predecessors. Overall, mediocre.
You'll like it if it's your first time approaching the franchise.
Also
> handful of high-quality companions
> weapon/armor customization
hu hu hu hu
>>
>decent base building
Not really. Very simplistic, buggy, clunky, limiting and breaks the lore and has no place in a Fallout game.

>weapon/armor customization
Decent enough, though I would have preferred more handmade unique weapons (ie New Vegas) rather than 50 variations of a pipe gun

>wear clothes underneath armor
Good addition, no disagreements there.

>survival difficulty done well
It's okay. Finding a bed to save is a pain in the ass though since Gamebryo is so unstable that you could lose a lot of progress to a crash.

>handful of high-quality companions
Only Nick is good. Rest are "ehh".
>>
fallout 4 is the best nu-fallout by far just by the fact that the actual gameplay is mediocre instead of completely atrocious. no matter what you think about any other aspects of the games, just playing fallout 3 and new vegas felt like shit.
>>
>>377797383
>nu-
you will be hanged on the day of the rope.
>>
>>377797383
>no matter what you think about any other aspects of the games
But it does matter, anon. I consider the gameplay in Arcanum and Planescape: Torment to be completely atrocious, yet I played till the end because these other aspects were that good.

Gameplay is shit in all Bethesda's games (and NV). If you do not care about the quality of writing at all, then I guess I can see why you prefer FO4.
>>
>>377795641
No.
I played this game before I played TW3. The difference was huge. The voice acting and the dialogue choices range from barely ok to terrible in FO4. The game also looks ugly and the animations are downright laughable at times.
The only area I kind of liked was the glowing sea.
>>
>>377795641
>survival done well
If they didn't turn everything into bullet sponges I would've agreed
>>
they fucked up because they didn't put Fallout Shelter in Fallout 4.
you can tell what they wanted to do with Fallout 4: they wanted you to make a settlement, then manage your settlers and resources like you do in Fallout Shelter. WoW is doing the same thing currently.

instead, they gave settlements, but there's no point to them without Fallout Shelter mechanics.
i think we got a half-baked game.

they also fucked up combat mechanics to where you literally can't do anything but blow people up and your followers are just sponges/meat shields.
think about how useful even the crappiest followers were in Fallout 2 (even Myron the crackhead could make you super stims, highly valuable, even if he did jack shit but run away), then think about the followers in Fallout 4.
all they do is attack stuff, they literally are good for nothing else and you have zero in game control over them; no disposition, no wheel, no combat style, no stimpak thresholds.

they killed the game by dumbing it down too much, period and everyone knows it.
>>
>>377797706
if you care about writing more than gameplay maybe you should read a book. games like deus ex and the old fallouts play like shit, but they're at least tolerable. planescape and most bethesda games are just unacceptably bad.
>>
>>377795641
almost all of the crafting and town shit is locked behind perks which you will have to take every single playthrough in order to not be completely gimped.
the faction routes are all really uninteresting and similar, there are almost no skill checks, there's barely any dialogue, and the extremely specific dialogue and backstory for the player character mean there's no replayability
>>
>>377796074
As shitty as FO3 was i have never forgotten when it released.

IT deserved its success.
Also it had many memorable moments.
>>
>>377798824
>if you care about writing more than gameplay maybe you should read a book
Ah, the old classic! Troll away, my friend, it's /v/, afterall.
>>
>>377799180
>if you don't like my favorite shitty game you must be a troll
>>
>>377797882
>they literally are good for nothing
I disagree. I am currently playing through the game for the first time and Nick has been hacking plenty of terminals for me that I otherwise would be unable to access. I am a bit pissed that he cant pick locks though.
>>
>>377799263
Using logical fallacies is, not the perspective itself. Even now you are resorting to a fallacy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.