[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're going to sit down and discuss the 1 million sales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Prey_cover_art.jpg (19KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_cover_art.jpg
19KB, 250x319px
We're going to sit down and discuss the 1 million sales and 60 million in expenses.
>>
File: 1495302736490.jpg (82KB, 800x435px) Image search: [Google]
1495302736490.jpg
82KB, 800x435px
This game is underrated as hell.

Haven't been this pleasantly surprised by a game since Dying Light.

Gross miscarriage of justice.
>>
>>377793531
here's your reply harvey
>>
I like it. Is Dishonored 2 good?
>>
>>377793531
overrated as hell. nothing like SS 2. havent been this disappointed since deus ex md.
>>
>>377795331

Awesome. Plot is looks like first game but better : d
>>
>>377793531
I've felt that way about all of Arkane's games over the past few years

They've all been GOTY contenders for me, but the majority claim they're mediocre and receive average critic reception and sales. It's like I'm playing completely different games

Either people join the mediocrity bandwagon without playing them or run through their games without exploring an inch like ADHD 12 year olds
>>
is nobody going to point out the obvious similarities to the movie poster for ALIENS?

http://originalvintagemovieposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Aliens.jpg
>>
>>377796061
I kinda understand the somewhat more lukewarm reception to Dishonored, mostly because I felt like that game was quite hyped up and had some pretty major design faults (there is a line between giving the player extended agency and options, and just letting him skip half the game basically by accident).

Prey is I think their best game so far, and it's insane to watch just how completely underappreciated it's going. The fucking sad part of is when you see the fucking retards comparing it negatively to older Arkane games, going for the "What happened to Arkane" thing: it just hurts to see these fucking retards who clearly never played an Arkane game in ten years (or ever) going out of their way to shit on this one.

It's just making me realize that maybe, the real problem of the industry is not in the consoles, or the greedy publishers or lazy developers... it may really be in the audience alone.
>>
>>377793292
>We're going to sit down and discuss the 1 million sales and 60 million in expenses.
So it made its money back?
>>
>>377796284
Dishonored had some flaws, but the great level design and power variety made up for them imo. But yeah, Prey is just a much more cohesive work.
>>
File: 1484400924575.png (379KB, 448x560px) Image search: [Google]
1484400924575.png
379KB, 448x560px
>>377796184
No shit. Here's Morgan.
>>
>>377796386
You see: my problem with Dishonored was that it was really damn inconsistent in even those areas where it excelled. There were some really great levels, but then there were some pretty terrible too. Remember the sewer levels? And the flooded city? Those were not very good levels.
Yeah, you had the things like the Mansion and The Bridge (though the Bridge also suffered for that "there is a great level here, too bad that you actually have to go OUT OF YOUR WAY to actually see it" issue), but the quality quite widely fluctuated. In Prey, I don't think there was a level that I really found weak (GUTS is an odd one, but I think it makes perfect sense as part of the base layout and ties it all together into a cohesive entity, even if it does not really have much to explore).

Dishonored was playful and creative, and I definitely don't think it's a bad game, but I think had some design decisions that worked actively against the game itself. I think it was much harder to "discover" how good Dishonored was. Prey actually is much more balanced in that regard.
The only problem that Prey compared has is that Dishonored had much more distinctive and visually interesting settings. Otherwise, I think it's a clear and major improvement on the formula.

Yet somehow, Dishonored was major success in the end, and Prey seems to be a major failure. Which honestly terrifies me.
>>
File: 1466048239506.jpg (4KB, 192x152px) Image search: [Google]
1466048239506.jpg
4KB, 192x152px
is there even a way to open the "Authorized Personnel" door in the IT office?

I spent 30 hours scouring this fucking station and I haven't found the keycard. And no, you can't hack it. It is a door that REQUIRES a keycard.
>>
>>377793292
The public has shit taste, anon, this isn't new. It's why developing games for profit only leads to producing generic shit 99% of the time.
>>
Worth a torrent lads? Is there a cracked version out there that got rid of the game breaking bugs in the 1.0 release?

I might just wait a year until it's £15 or less.
>>
>>377797256
>Worth a torrent lads?
Worth buying desu. Maybe not now but definitely in the future.
>>
>>377797256
>Is there a cracked version out there that got rid of the game breaking bugs in the 1.0 release?
Since the crack only came out like four days after the (known) game-breaking bug was fixed, I would suspect it's already fixed in the cracked version.

I bought it and I found it one of the best games of the last few years, so I'd say it's well worth torrent. It has quite a few issues, but it's quite an amazing labor of love.
>>
>>377797256
Downloaded pirated version from some russian site. Game crashed only once. I really think it is worth buying buy there are other games I will waste my money at.
>>
>>377797486
>somebody is liking something I dont like
OOGA BOOGA SHILLING
>>
>>377797393
The gamebreaking bug really only manifested in a lot less than 1% of the games (which is how it skipped the QA dep) and caused save corruption, not crashes. So you not getting it does not necessarily mean that the version is clean. But again: I find it unlikely that the cracking group would not use the latest-version-available-on-crack-release-date, and the crack was released well after the bug was fixed, so I think all the torrented versions (which all share the same crack) should be clean.

>>377797540
Just don't even give them the attention.
>>
>>377797486
>Thread discussing why the game is a massive failure is shilling

Alright?
>>
I'll pick it up, I enjoyed Deus Ex: MD and Dishonored 2. Outside of souls games, they're probably the archetype that I've enjoyed the most this gen.
>>
>>377793292
>1 million sales and 60 million in expenses.
nice sources
>>
File: 1474144876705.jpg (44KB, 960x956px) Image search: [Google]
1474144876705.jpg
44KB, 960x956px
game was pretty good, maybe not $60 good but probably $30-$45 good, needed about a 10 hour longer campaign and a couple weapon types like an assault rifle and an upgraded wrench

felt like the child of Deus Ex and Bioshock tbqh.
>>
>>377798143
Who would be dumb enough to believe it sold over a million copies?
>>
>>377796061
I feel like dishonored was VERY overrated

but prey is really good, it's goty contender
>>
>>377793292
It's nowhere near as bad as Dishonored or Bethesda's usual offerings in this regard, but goddamn if this thing isn't buggy as shit. One of the graphics options still fucks up the lighting with no patch, FoV has to be changed via an .ini edit, v-sync can just randomly lock your game to 30 FPS for almost no reason, and I've gotten stuck in the environment and crashed about 5 or 6 times over the course of 11 hours.

The game itself is kinda fun, although playing on Normal wasn't a good decision in hindsight because the base game's difficulty is so easy you'll be rolling in resources. I've been avoiding using medkits just in case, and with food alone I have at least four or five full heals on me with a 200 HP life bar, not to mention over 100 rounds for the shotgun which negates the need for any other weapon for the most part. Just being willing to explore a little bit and complete a handful of the side objectives gets the player rolling in so much free loot and shit that it even gets to the point of running back and forth between the recycler in a new area and exploring it.

Also haven't touched any of the Psi abilities except mimic and the security one, those might make it more fun, but I'm more concerned with how often this thing crashes when I'm trying to enjoy it. I had the story spoiled for me so I've ignored damn near all the dialogue and just check the objectives every once a while, but it's still neat to play because every once in a while you'll get a Nightmare that actually takes more than two shotgun rounds to take out compared to the rest of the enemy types. For $35~ on a key site for it, I feel I got my money's worth so far, but I wouldn't buy this at $60, it's too buggy and not optimized very well either. My 1060 has no problem running games that look better at higher framerates, and it's not like Prey is consistently low, it's just completely inconsistent, flipping between 144 and 40~ FPS at the drop of a hat for seemingly no reason
>>
>>377798571
yeah no
>>
File: 1402767030782.png (346KB, 524x511px) Image search: [Google]
1402767030782.png
346KB, 524x511px
>>377796061
>>377793531
All Arkane games make me feel the same thing, they are all undercooked and lacking in vision or just something more to differentiate themselves. When you get far into them all the cool little interactions and handcrafted little moments fade into the soulless, made by committee as risk free as possible rest of the game.

From the start till around the 1/4-1/3 mark I thought Prey would be my GOTY but by the end of it I consider a mediocre game that I won't remember a year from now, the largest feeling it invoking in me being disappointment at could have been. They should have sticked to a proper vision of a System Shock spiritual sequel instead of half, not even that, quarter assing it.
>>
Any way to finish those "get off the station" quests? They just give a game over screen and don't complete
>>
I just got the job from Alex to scan some coral, how much left of the game is there? There can't be much, I've managed to find enough/build enough neuromods that I've got basically all of the stuff I want by now
>>
>>377798703
Can't argue with that!
>self rekt
>>
>>377799104
like an hour, you do this mission, one more and then it's the end stretch
>>
Alex Yu Best Bro Forever.

That last video he shows you where you realize you were actually the one pushing your brother to do what he is doing now, and he is just supporting your original vision even though you have changed and forgotten through the memory wipes. But he believed in you and stood there keeping your original vision whole even though the whole station thinks Alex is a jackass to the end.

God dammit.
>>
>>377799109
I'm not writing out a paragraph to satisfy someone that fucking deluded.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.