[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which video games do you play as a lonely and sad wageslave that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: DT2.png (247KB, 891x1801px) Image search: [Google]
DT2.png
247KB, 891x1801px
Which video games do you play as a lonely and sad wageslave that come home too tired to do anything?

Why are video games, a form of escapism, so useless as a way to regain happiness?
>>
Ftl. Always the game i play when i cba to do anything
>>
>>377792074
It's better than reading books or watching TV.
>>
File: 2012-09-06-beartato-butter.png (109KB, 800x1044px) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-06-beartato-butter.png
109KB, 800x1044px
>>377792074
World of Warcraft.

>Why are video games, a form of escapism, so useless as a way to regain happiness?
I would say they have an effect similar to caffeine, which doesn't really give you additional energy: it just tells you that you are not exhausted when you are. Video games are analogous, but in term of unhappiness (or, rather, dissatisfaction). To be fair, similar role can be played by books, TV, drinking, "socializing", etc.

So,
>a way to regain happiness
they are not (and never were), this is something that comes from you, your desires, your achievements, and your environment. However, it could be a source of genuine happiness if you are passionate about games, say mechanics or characters, as long as the effect is not clouded by your irl issues.
>>
>>377792984
>World of Warcraft.

It was only a good option 12 years ago
>>
>>377793992
>12 years ago
shit taste confirmed
>>
Rhythm games
Some quick hunting games
>>
>>377796162
>quick hunting games

Such as?
>>
File: 01005664770.jpg (3MB, 2123x3066px) Image search: [Google]
01005664770.jpg
3MB, 2123x3066px
>>377792074
VNs and heavily story-based games. Persona 5 kept me occupied for 95ish hours, which lasted me 3 weeks of heavy play during my downtime. Nier Automata for like 40 hours.
Meanwhile Utawarerumono Mask of Deception comes out in 3 days. Buy that if you like political intrigue, cute kemonomimi girls and SRPGs.
>>
>>377794292
Agreed.
Pandaland was GOAT.
>>
Cowadooty
>>
Playing Nier and various Fire Emblem titles. They are simple and easy enough to relax after a day of work.
>>
>>377792074
>Why are video games, a form of escapism, so useless as a way to regain happiness?
Well drinking and illicit drugs really didn't do much for me either. Exercise/lifting makes you feel better but is a fucking momentous effort.

Anyway I like games that feel like an investment that has emotional payoff.
>>
File: terfg.jpg (141KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
terfg.jpg
141KB, 1280x1440px
>>377799259
>Exercise/lifting makes you feel better

No

Also my work is 100% physical so the last thing I want to do is fucking lift
>>
>>377792074
I remember a knytt stories mod where you couldn't do anything but go to your job at Wal-Mart, go home, and sleep ad infinitum
>>
VNs
>>
Banished
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.