[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>crpg are coming out on console these days >fighting games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1336089805984.jpg (649KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1336089805984.jpg
649KB, 1440x900px
>crpg are coming out on console these days
>fighting games and some weeb games come to PC these days

Is this a good thing? Everyone can enjoy a bit of everything, it's pretty great. If anything it ought to diminish platform-warring and shitposting, no point in attacking a different demographic when they might be playing the very same games as you.
>>
It can hurt the games. In the case of cRPGs on consoles, it usually means the complexity of the game has to be gimped to fit on consoles. Dragon Age Origins did this right, by simply designing easier difficulty for the console version, but subsequent DA games were made with the console difficulty as the default and well, we know how that turned out.
>>
>>377789775
Of course it's a good thing, The only reason exclusive games still exist now is to sell consoles. But it shouldn't and doesn't need to be this way. most people who buy consoles buy them only because they don't want to make a bigger investment on their hobby and just want something simple.
exclusivity is shit and that shit needs to go down the drain. it's about time too
>>
>>377789775
It sure is, now consoles need some easy, cheap adapter for kb+m so they can also play strategy games and such
>>
>>377789939
>it usually means the complexity of the game has to be gimped to fit on consoles.

This is a falsety that some PC only gamers believe because they keep repeating it to themselves. The only truth is that DA: O is a good game, while the games after it not so much. We can only blame the developers for that, not consoles. They are more mainstream, and generic, the dificulty is not the main issue, nor is it an issue for console ports.

Also

>DA
>crpg
>>
>>377790573

Well, strategy games can just as well be played with a pad if the port is well designed. Especially for turn-based it's easy, but even RTS come out on console without issue if the developers do their job well.
>>
>>377790610
Controllers simply do not work for some games. Any platform that has a forced controller is going to be inferior to an open platform.
>>
>>377790724
I don't think you can still can have a coherent game when you're adapting it for controllers for some genres, like rts
They just don't have enough inputs
>>
No, ports are terrible. Everything on console could benefit from exclusivity as would PC games visa versa. It just makes the products worse and money vanishes. ROMs should continue existing and software/hardware should be more crackable which is never going to happen again because of our bastard child but that's it
>>
>>377790610
If you honestly think that something like JA2 or practically any roguelike would work well on consoles without being heavily altered, you are delusional.

And yes, DA:O is objectively a CRPG I'm sorry to way.
>>
File: 9200000074074351_3.jpg (49KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
9200000074074351_3.jpg
49KB, 550x309px
> I don't have a good PC right now
> crpg and things like M&B are releasing on consoles anyway
> mfw Sudden Strike 4 comes out on PS4
> also all the weeb games
> feels good man
>>
>>377791281
>something like JA2

I don't know those games well, how are they different from things like Wasteland 2 or Divinity: OS which work on console? Not turn-based?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.