[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with Disgaea and shit female protagonists? Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

File: Whore.png (149KB, 317x623px) Image search: [Google]
Whore.png
149KB, 317x623px
What's up with Disgaea and shit female protagonists? Like I like Etna and Beryl but Fuuka almost made me drop the game. I recently got D5 and fucking Seraphina makes me want punch the screen. How does NIS make a shittier character than Fuuka?
>>
>>377787056
>Fuuka
>female protagonist
Haven't played it yet, is Vulcanus NOT the heroine? Is that why Seraphina can get away with aping her design?
>>
>>377787226
She's one but fuuka eat's a shitload of screen time and gets more focus.
>>
More annoyed by Killia's English VA to be honest.
>>
Yeah, Seraphina is unanimously disliked. She may have been slightly more well-received if she wasn't fucking worthless in combat, but as it stands, she has nothing to make up for her shit personality unless her design gives you such a raging boner that nothing else matters.
>>
>>377788086
I just bought some of the dlc because I wanted rozaline over her. if there is a 6 I really hope we never get someone like fuuka or Seraphina.
>>
>>377787506
The weird thing is that he CAN act well. Listen to some of his lines later in the game, he can definitely play the character better. I think he was told to be as dull and one-note as possible or something on purpose.
>>
>>377788086
>unless her design gives you such a raging boner that nothing else matters.
It does. Holy fuck it does. I don't know why, but it does more than any other Disgaea character.
>>
>>377787056
Seraphina is just gutter trash.
Fuka is a good character though.
>>
>>377788086
>Yeah, Seraphina is unanimously disliked.
So, I'm actually the only one that liked her?
>>
>>377787056
>Shit in combat
>Annoying dialogue
>Voiced by that pig Rina-chan

Really a disappointed given I tend to enjoy most of Disgaea's main side-girls. I even tolerated Fuuka to an extend.

The only reason I don't hate her as much as I should is because Leize's whole schtik irritates me just a tad bit more; Being a so blunt copy-paste from Disgaea 4 it's not even funny anymore.

The fact that Bunny Girl is the only tolerable heroine in the game is super disheartening.
>>
File: D4_Fuka.png (63KB, 220x357px)
D4_Fuka.png
63KB, 220x357px
Why does everyone hate Fuuka so much?
Legit question, I never played Disgaea 4
>>
>>377790456
>Why does everyone hate Fuuka so much?
They don't. It's just her subconscious insecurities as a teenage girl rising up during REM sleep.

Someone should have the "Muh Dream" picture hanging around.
>>
>>377790456
Because she's not just a one dimensional totemo kawaii moeblob.
>>
>>377790456
Her shtick gets really annoying really fast and she gets the most screen time.
>>
>>377790656
No she's a one dimensional annoying as fuck moeblob. This is just muh dream gets annoying and she never gets away from it ever.
>>
>>377790456
Fuka is all about escapism and lying to yourself so you can find the strength to keep on living which hits too close to home
>>
>>377789982
I like her too. I'm a sucker for ojou rich characters that do a rich person laugh.
>>
>>377789982
Not the only one, but definitely in the minority.
>>
>>377790863
>>377790989
I honestly don't understand it.
She's not even the worst character in her own game, let alone the whole series.
Forgettable red guy, Killia, Usalia, Zeroken are all way worse.
>>
>>377791160
Killia's fine as long as you don't play with the dub
>>
>>377791160
They are are not remotely as annoying as she is. Especially, when you turn on JP and all the shitty dubs are gone.
>>
>>377790456
Every other main character from D4 had personal growth and development. Some of them good, some bad.

Fuka, however, had zero development, blamed everyone else for her problems, and while every other main cast member kept promises they made, she was the only one who didn't and went back on her word. Among many other negative traits that you can expect to find from a stereotypical animu schoolgirl character.
>>
File: 1320949038806.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1320949038806.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>Troy Baker now is too pretentious that he feels too mighty to be voicing niche anime games.
>I'll never hear him chew the scenery as Valvatorez in future guest appearances again.

The imitators are fine but don't get hammy enough. But I guess it could be worse; Poor Adell's voice replacements have been utterly atrocious.
>>
>>377791160
Ohohohoho
>>
>>377791285
My biggest gripe is that she is the focus of the DLC extra chapter.

You'd think that could have helped her with the character development, but they really wasted it.
>>
>>377790456
Fuka is a human girl that died but somehow retained her sense of self when her soul moved over to the Netherworld to be made into a Prinny. At first she vehemently believes everything that's happening is just a dream. Later on she slowly starts to realize that she did actually die but if she admits that to herself she would lose her sense of self and pretty much cease to exist as Fuka, become a regular Prinny, and eventually get reincarnated. Her entire character is about that escapism, she'd rather live a lie and delude herself into thinking everything will be fine than face the truth and fade away. Valvatorez, the main character, on the other hand wants to help her find peace and accept her death.

A lot of people seem to hate Fuka because of her constant insistence that everything is just a dream and will turn out fine no matter what she does, but honestly there is a lot more depth to it than that.

>>377791285
She does have development though. Quite a lot of it infact, at least as much as Emizel.
>>
>>377791413
This broke my heart when I found out, at the very least he did 2 games so they can just reuse those lines, forever...
Persona 4 fans must be fucked up though, I wonder what they're gonna do about Kanji's lines in future cameos.
>>
File: 1495136990361.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495136990361.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>>377791496
>tfw people act as if characters don't have development if it's not spelt out clear as day
I wish people on /v/ could pay attention to subtext. Fuka is a lot better than people make her out to be.
>>
>>377791564

Shut up Lamington.
>>
>>377791253
He's just so standard though, like he's literally everything I expected him to be.

I may be biased after seeing so many reveals that all turned out to essentially be the exact same move though.

>>377791274
They're all fairly weak in the story honestly, but Seraphina at least had some development.
>>
>>377791160
>listing everyone except the boring angel man
wonder who wrote this post
>>
>>377791734

Seraph Lamington is cool fuck you.
>>
>>377791734
He's better than the one's I listed, so there's no reason to mention him in the first place.
Not counting the The Final Boss of Sisterly Love and Marjorita, he's the best of the main cast.
>>
Shit taste running rampant in this thread. Seraphina is one of the best characters in the game.
>>
>>377791496
That doesn't matter when the character is annoying as fuck who doesnlt change at all. Subtle development doesnlt stop her from being an awful character.

>>377791697
I'll take inoffensive and bland over a shitty fucking cunt any day.
>>
>>377792054
>That doesn't matter when the character is annoying as fuck who doesnlt change at all.
>I'll take inoffensive and bland over a shitty fucking cunt any day.
Hmm.
No one except Lamington, Marjorita and Seraphina change for the better in 5, that's if they even change at all.
>>
>>377792054
"Character development" is an overstatement for how they handled it in D5. Every character has their own chapter where at the start their inner trauma gets brought up, then for the next couple maps they deny it or further drive the point home, then in the second to last map confront it with the power of friendship, and then on the final map overcome it. It's as formulaic as a generic saturday morning cartoon and every bit as generic and one dimensional. D5's characters are complete garbage and the story never does anything worthwhile with them. Usalia is the only somewhat interesting one but since she doesn't have anyone else to play off of she is sadly not all that great either. The supporting characters all might as well not exist and the story would not change in any way, they are that unimportant.
>>
>>377792434
Character development was referring to fuuka. Yeah, the characters were nothing but seraphina and fuuka are just annoying cunts who soak up the screen time. I don't want some bland chick but those personalities were offensively annoying.
>>
>>377791504
I'd imagine with Persona being hot lately he'd be willing to reprise roles there. He DID reprise his role as Snow from FF15 in World of Final Fantasy.

However, something as niche as Disgaea has no chance to have him again. Or it could, if he wasn't such a pretentious douchebag that thinks his Joel's voice is somehow the pinnacle of voice acting despite being just him with a gruff tone.
>>
File: 051.jpg (2MB, 2400x3481px)
051.jpg
2MB, 2400x3481px
No love for Sapphire makes me sad.
I guess that a god tier design can't save you if you are used good Bteam character.
>>
>>377791504
>I wonder what they're gonna do about Kanji's lines in future cameos.
Replace him like Rise, Chie and Igor. Or use the same VA as Adachi/Yu again.
>>
>>377793463
I love Sapphire but everyone seems to be so infatuated with Beryl, she gets overshadowed.
>>
I'm playing through D5 for the first time right now and I really can't stand Killia. I'm on Chapter 5 now, does he get better?
I went through D4 on Vita not too long ago and this fag just makes me miss Valvatorez so fucking much
>>
>>377793776
Not really, no. He gets worse.
Have fun.
>>
>You'll never raise Desco to be the best final boss ever.
>You'll never get a job working the noblest of professions alongside Valvatorez.
>You'll never have passive aggressive arguments with Fenrich.
>You'll never gossip about love with your coworkers, Fuuka and Emizel.
>You'll never tease Artina about her love life.
Life man, what's the point?
>>
>>377793776
He does, yes. He gets better.
Good luck.
>>
File: metal.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
metal.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
So this is why Hundred Knight bailed to join the brown loli witch instead.
>>
So who is the best main character in the series and why it is Valvatorez?
>>
File: Disgaea-4.jpg (123KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Disgaea-4.jpg
123KB, 960x544px
>>377794546
"Sardine" and "pilchard" are common names used to refer to various small, oily fish within the herring family of Clupeidae. The term sardine was first used in English during the early 15th century and may come from the Mediterranean island of Sardinia, around which sardines were once abundant.

Sardines are rich in vitamins and minerals. A small serving of sardines once a day can provide 13 percent of vitamin B2; roughly one-quarter of niacin; and about 150 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin B12. All B vitamins help to support proper nervous system function and are used for energy metabolism, or converting food into energy. Also, sardines are high in the major minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, potassium, and some trace minerals including iron and selenium. Sardines are also a natural source of marine omega-3 fatty acids, which may reduce the occurrence of cardiovascular disease. Recent studies suggest that regular consumption of omega-3 fatty acids reduces the likelihood of developing Alzheimer's disease. These fatty acids can also lower blood sugar levels. They are also a good source of vitamin D, calcium, vitamin B12, and protein.

Because they are low in the food chain, sardines are very low in contaminants such as mercury, relative to other fish commonly eaten by humans.
Therefore and thusly, Sardines should be spread among the populace to further humanity as a species.
Best gimmick.
>>
>>377794389
I enjoyed Metallia more in D5 than in her actual game.

Shark teeth + midriff + animal ears + witch powers + that poisonous personality = MUH
>>
When is disgaea 5 getting a Vita pot??!?
>>
Seraphim can be a bit obnoxious, but definitely isn't as bad as Fuuka.

Fuuka was funny at first, but she never developed as a character, and her dream shtick got real old really fast.

Seraphina isn't too much of a cunt, at least learned a lesson, and in the end has someone she cares about. Fuka still cares about no one but herself, doesn't seem to care about consequences, and doesn't even seem too jarred about the revelation that she wanted to take over the world when she was still alive. Heck, even with Desco tagging along I felt like Fuuka dragged down Valvatorez, Fenrich and Artina. Even Emizel was acceptable as an MC

D5 didn't feel too strong in terms of story, I took it like more of a Saturday morning cartoon. D4 at least had SOME kind of plot and seriousness to it. The protags of D5 were fun for a bit, but you'd figure that for being more powerful than the previous casts they'd be less annoying.
>>
>>377794939
>>I enjoyed Metallia more in D5 than in her actual game.
>
>Shark teeth + midriff + animal ears + witch powers + that poisonous personality = MUH

Just started D5 and I feel the same way.

It also has to do with the fact that I never legit finished Hundred Knight on the PS3, without a hacked PS3, because Metallia's buggy game killed my original Fat PS3.
>>
File: Metallia.jpg (210KB, 650x523px) Image search: [Google]
Metallia.jpg
210KB, 650x523px
>>377794939
>>377795254
>I enjoyed Metallia more in D5 than in her actual game.
But she's even hotter in her game, plus you get to hear her delicious (for lack of a better word) voice so much.
I legitimately bought the game solely for her voice.

Metallia DLC is exceptional in D5 though, that capture Overload/Skill is really helpful.
>>
>>377795470
If I wanted to hear her voice that much, I could just watch a Let's Play or a walkthrough on Youtube and save a lot of time.
Having tried it myself, the gameplay of 100 Knight isn't really something I consider a must-experience thing.
>>
>>377795470
>I legitimately bought the game solely for her voice.

Oh. I definitely bought her game as well. I never finished it without a PS3 on custom firmware. I also passed on Hundred Knight's sequel because apparently there was no Metallia in it. Hell, I even sloshed through D2's story to get to the post-game to recruit Metallia. Like Priere, she's a excellent Nippon Ichi character that simple just didn't get enough love, from her original game, but I love the Disgaea series for bringing her back, even if it's just DLC.
>>
File: 1470895766908.png (110KB, 319x440px) Image search: [Google]
1470895766908.png
110KB, 319x440px
Reminder that Majorita is the best Disgaea loli.
>>
>>377787056
Yeh agreed, what's with Disgaea and making huge-titted crappy characters their main girls recently?
>>
>>377795738
Wait, Hundred Knight got a sequel?
>>
I don't see how you could hate Seraphina. Disgaea fans for shit taste?
>>
>>377794389
Brown lolis are the best after all.
>>
File: WitchHundred-17.jpg (105KB, 777x487px) Image search: [Google]
WitchHundred-17.jpg
105KB, 777x487px
>>377795784
Nice propaganda.
>>377795808
Yes.
>>
>>377795640
That's fair, the gameplay is not good and you can easily over level to the point that the final boss can't actually hurt you.
The story and characters were great though, and well worth the price I paid, so even if it's just a Let's Play (Without commentary) you should check it out.

>>377795738
A man of good taste I see, I'm still holding out hope that Lolilia will be just as good myself though.

>>377795784
Desco exists though.
>>
>>377795981
What's it called?
>>
Lieze is a lot worse than Seraphina tbqh. Except the centipede demon thing, that was neat.
>>
>>377794958
NIS said never at the reveal of the Switch.
>>
>>377787056
at least she's hot
>>
So is there any reason not to get all the dlc items and quests at once in 5C?
>>
>>377796832
making the game at least a little challenging
>>
>>377787056
Women are trash, annoying, useless, and a game's better off without them, what else is new
>>
Favourite Disgaea and Friends battle themes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUru6ThsswQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNqCrr8bbVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se1DagkwMFs
>>
>>377797015
My favorite song in the series is always gonna be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7rCbAKJTFc
I'm so disappointed that Kurtis didn't make it into 5, but I guess he had to go at some point.
>>
File: IMG_1310.jpg (152KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1310.jpg
152KB, 724x1024px
Usalia is fine, and cute, and made for procreational hugs and head pats
>>
>>377787056
how the fuck are there literally no of her I don't understand
>>
>>377794389
>>377794939
>>377795470
>>377795640
>>etc

The Witch and the Hundred Knight was a pretty poor game to play, but I absolutely loved the story. It gets super fucked up towards the end, but it delivers on what it tries to do. I just wish it had some kind of epilogue beyond the credits.

Does anyone know if 2's story is as good, or will we have to wait and see?
>>
>>377787056
>Try demo
>Enjoying the game
>Those fucking English voices
>Voice option is grayed out

I don't know if I want to buy it now out of fear of being stuck with these voices.
>>
>>377798209
Full version lets you change voice language freely, that's just for the demo.
>>
>>377791413
More like he'll get his ass kicked if he does non-union jobs.
>>
>>377797015
All the music from 1/D2 and 2. The music really went down hill in 3 4 and 5
>>
>>377794931
Shit my man, sign me up
>>
>>377787056
Girl Laharl
Rozalin
Desco

The trifecta of perfect heroines.
>>
File: des.jpg (887KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
des.jpg
887KB, 1920x2160px
>>377801802
You mean Desco, Metallia and Nisa.
>>
So is D5 worth it?
>>
>>377802989
Sure.
>>
File: AKU.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AKU.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>377797907
What's with the curry addiction tho?
>>
>>377793463
She feel out of place in 3
She would be much better in 2 or 4
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.