/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These three had such high hopes. Two were released and were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 1491325461062[1].png (343KB, 579x587px) Image search: [Google]
1491325461062[1].png
343KB, 579x587px
These three had such high hopes.

Two were released and were failures.

Will the third fall into the same fate?
>>
Wait until the game is fucking out to make these bullshit threads.
>>
>>377779042
Yooka Laylee wasn't a failure line MN9, just mediocre. It delivered on everything it was marketed on, at least. So following this trajectory, Bloodstained should be decent.
>>
I believe in Iga
>>
>>377779042
Was Yooka Laylee a failure? I mean it definitely did better generally compared to MN9 in comparison.
>>
>>377779042
damn yooka laylee fell off hard.
3d platformers suck anyway just grow up.
>>
>Le Yooka Laylee was a failure
It delivered exactly what was promised, unlike Failure no. 9.
I don't know if Bloodstained will be shit or not, but I know since you've been posting this image for years now, you'll say it was every time you post it, so my opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>377779936
>It delivered exactly what was promised,

They promised a good game.
>>
File: 61ac1230b75e38a9d6a3eaf9058ec140.png (155KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
61ac1230b75e38a9d6a3eaf9058ec140.png
155KB, 1000x750px
MN9 was a shitter, Yooka Laylee was ok, typical /v/ though so have an upvote.
>>
>>377779727
Don't listen to /pol/ they're mad because they think youtube celebs opinions actually matter
>>
>release date is 2018
I don't know if it will be shit but stop reminding me it isn't out for a while
>>
>>377779042
Third times a charm?
>>
>>377780060
They promised a nostalgic 3D Platformer reminiscent of Banjo Tooie.
They delivered precisely that.
>>
>>377780230
Shit, I guess you're right.
It's a shame they didn't deliver a good game tho.
>>
I didnt think Mighty No 9 was horrible, but it was mediocre and had some horrible design choices that I'm still baffled Inti Creates thought were good ideas.

As for Yooka Laylee didnt that end up being alright except forgettable?
>>
>>377780296
I enjoyed it, expecting exactly that, so to each their own. I can certainly see why someone who doesn't like collectathon platformers, a niche genre by default, would dislike it.
>>
>hype up a game to an extent the game can't hold up to like the children you are
>game turns out to not be the second coming of Christ
>everyone proceeds by shitting on it
This has been happening for fucking years now
>>
>>377779042
Yooka Laylee did pretty much deliver on exactly what it said it would.

I'm not really a fan of Banjo Tooie, if anything I hated the N64 trend of "make levels 5x larger than they need to be so we can throw that on the back of the box" but that's what they promised.

MN9 was the failure, cutting all those features and looking like a crock of shit.

Bloodstained could go either way.
>>
>>377780353
I didn't, expecting simply a good Banjo-Kazooie game.
I can understand why someone who's easily pleased would like it.
>>
>>377780310
>but it was mediocre and had some horrible design choices that I'm still baffled Inti Creates thought were good ideas.

Such as?
>>
>>377779906
/thread
>>
File: 1420346367435.jpg (50KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1420346367435.jpg
50KB, 350x350px
>>377780651
dont bother anon, they wont ever understand why mighty no 9 is the best indie game released so far,
>>
>>377779727

Mediocrity just feel really dirty though. That's not a winner.
>>
>>377781386
Banjo Tooie was mediocre.
>>
>>377780651
I wasnt a fan of the way Xel Recovery items worked, unlike E-tanks if you lose a life you automatically lose access to them. I didnt like having to press the left bumper and pressing Y in order to switch abilities, I thought it worked fine in the original MM games. I thought the dash mechanic to defeat enemies didnt really add anything, it just made them take longer to go down compared to the original MM games. The dash mechanic is also annoying for taking down bosses, when they glow purple you have to dash into them or else they regenerate their health which is annoying. There were too many areas in stages that just served as chokepoints where you would be stuck having to take out all the enemies on screen, its just slows things down. And personally I just didnt like the 2.5D visuals, I thought it looked ugly compared to a full on 2D game.

Thats at least what I gathered from what I played so far at least. This is more like
>opinions
than it is facts, but it just feels underwhelming considering Inti Creates is no stranger to the MM formula, they even had a hand in MM 9 and 10 among other projects. MN9 just feels like it should be better than what it is.
>>
>>377781650

Technical issues limited them. The project supposedly had no proper programmers, and instead of git, they passed around usbs to keep code in sync.

Levels were built with a default Unreal level builder, rather than properly coded. That's why it's so absurdly inefficient. Shitty graphics that make a high end PC stutter.
>>
>>377781906
Thats probably a bluff, but I believe it. The game was delayed for several months because of a bug in the multiplayer, it had to get ported to everything, and IC themselves put several games out before and in the span of MN9. It makes me wonder why they would hand off a major project to an unexperienced group, it should be the other way around.
>>
>>377782572

Inti has most of their experience in 2D games. Suddenly they're saddled with a 3D project and they were overwelmed.
>>
>>377782638
Its not entirely true, they made games like Gal Gun which is a 3D railshooter. They probably got experience after MN9 though as well as biting off more than they can do with multiplayer and trying to launch the game on everything.

The saddest part is that this is just in terms of game development, how Comcept still hasnt delivered on some backer rewards and poorly communicating with fans ruined the images of everyone involved for what should have been a slam dunk.
>>
File: Speed Power Gunbike.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Speed Power Gunbike.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>377782638
Their first game was 3D though
>>
>>377783156

Yeah, but how many of those original team members even work there? That was like 20 years ago. And making a PS1 3D game is much different than a modern game.
>>
>>377780651
I knew I had this saved somewhere.
>>
File: 1466898267785.png (2MB, 1652x9264px) Image search: [Google]
1466898267785.png
2MB, 1652x9264px
>>377784663
herp
>>
File: 2486554-box.png (805KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
2486554-box.png
805KB, 640x640px
>>377783156
First and second. I think they can't use these IPs anymore because they were published by other companies. A shame, Gunbike had cool concept even if the game was ass.
>>
I legitimately had more fun with MN9 than Yooka Laylee. MN9 I at least finished.

Yooka Laylee is crazy boring.
>>
>>377781650
>>377781906
>>377782572
>>377782638
Inti's involvement was mostly art, not gameplay. If you compare who's involved you'll see that main people who did the MMZ series are not the main people for MN9.
>>
Why is Half Finished Hero missing?
>>
>>377788864
>Inti's involvement was mostly art, not gameplay.

Other way around. Comcept does not do gameplay. Inti Creates does.

Compare the Comcept credits to the Inti ones.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/mighty-no-9/credits
>>
>>377789000
Your link proves me right actually. Look again. Inti are handling aesthetics, UI, and sound, with a bunch of codemonkeys thrown in, while Comcept are credited with the actual game design (aka the gameplay).

You'll also note that what's actually on the game side of things from Inti you only have one producer who actually was a producer on MMZ, meanwhile the director for the Inti team was a planner and scenario writer for ZX+ZXA, not even a main gameplay guy.
>>
>>377789241

Oh my god I hate how I have to explain this over and ove again. Comcept is an art/design studio. idea guys. They don't make games. Every "game" they've worked on they paired up with actual devs.

For MN9, Comcept did:

>art
>design
>producing
>management
>social media

ie design

While inti:

>Planner (the guys who design levels, stages, etc.)
>director
>graphic design
>programming
>Character Modeler
>Sound Producer
>Character Animator
>Background Graphic Designer

ie these are the guys designing and building the actual game and levels.
>>
>>377780492
it will look like crock of shit, judging by the gameplay videos - at least, Playtonic team had solid artistic idea right from the start, how their will all look like
>>
>>377788931

not a spiritual successor
>>
>>377779042
Come on, Yooka layle wasn't that bad.
>>
>>377779042
Bloodstained will hit the same vein as Yooka-Laylee. It will be ok, but it will be shit on for not being the next cult classic. Honestly Shovel Knight set kickstarter expectations too high.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.