[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all the nostalgiafags on here who unironically think Oblivion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 358448.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
358448.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>all the nostalgiafags on here who unironically think Oblivion is better than Skyrim
kek
>>
File: variety.jpg (2MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
variety.jpg
2MB, 1000x1500px
>>377777273
alright, I'll bite
>>
>>377777273
Its more of an RPG than skyrim.
>>
>>377777273
What are your favorite comfy cities and why is it either Anvil or Skingrad?
>>
>>377777273
>nostalgiafags
But anon, Oblivion is objectively better than Skyrim in everything except for graphics
>>
>>377778787

Shit, I didn't recognize Skingrad for a second there.
>>377779036

But my favorite city is Cheydinhal, anon. Although Anvil is where I always start my adventures when exiting the sewers for some reason.
>>
but it is better than skyrim
>>
>>377779182
I'd argue that combat in Skyrim was better but it was pretty unbalanced considering just how overpowered melee combat was.
>>
>>377777273
In Oblivion it's at least technically possible to make a character who looks good under flattering lighting. In Skyrim, whatever you do you're doomed to look like you lived for 50 years in Chernobyl and never bathed.
>>
>>377779224
Cheydinhal is pretty comfy but it feels like it's missing something.
>>
>>377779272
How is combat in skyrim better? Same button mashing, but Oblivion had stats and skills behind it.
>>
>>377779495
Skyrim had less floaty button mashing.
>>
>>377777273

Skyrim did sex mods better, that's really it.
>>
I played Oblivion after Skyrim and it's definitely the better game. That doesn't necessarily make it good though.
>>
>>377777273

It is

everything about Skyrim is more bland as fuck compared to Oblivion

literally E V E R Y T H I N G
>>
>>377779584
The combat in Elder Scrolls has ALWAYS been pretty barebones. For melee, all you do is mash your mouse and attack, and maybe do a power attack once in a while.
>>
>>377779495
Sword swings feel like they have weight to them instead of the weird floaty combat Oblivion had.
>>
oblivion and skyrim are both watered down trash
>>
>>377779740
No they fucking don't. I can only assume people who say that never played a game with actual weight behind animations.
>>
I can't be the only one who fucking hates how empty the Skyrim "cities" feel. Not even comparing them to Oblivion, just venting.
>>
>>377779884
Name me a game.
>>
>>377779758
Oblivion is watered down Morrowind and Skyrim is watered down Oblivion, so Oblivion is still better than Skyrim.
But you're faggot and Oblivion is a great game
>>
>>377779902
It's strange how the awkward dialogue between random npcs actually helped make the cities feel alive.
>>
>>377779758
morrowind and daggerfall are watered down trash
>can't even destroy walls
disgusting
>>
>>377777273

The worst thing about the Elder Scrolls series is that each new entry solves the problems of the previous entry, while finding new and innovative ways to suck.

> Morrowind
> Well written plot
> Shitty outdated combat that ruins the game

> Oblivion
> Decent combat at launch
> Horrible generic art design and lumpy potato graphics
> Spent entire voice budget on getting Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean to give their lines through walky-talkies
> Level scaling means Pedro the Bandit is decked out in full Daedric mail

> Skyrim
> Halfway decent art design with 2011 console-standard graphics
> Got 60 voice actors
> Let Todd Howard make a 14 year old boy design the gameplay
> Revamped level scaling means Pedro the Bandit remains your main enemy even after you're decked out in full Daedric mail and just ate a dragon's soul
>>
>>377777273
Oblivion only had better scripting, not better Ui.
>>
>>377779036
I didn't like Anvil because everytime i went there it was covered in fog. Was too annoying.
>>
TES was always shit.
>>
>>377779695
lol no

only thing Oblivion has on Skyrim is the guild quests.

Bland? Hard to think of something more bland than the oblivion gates storyline.
>>
>>377780715
Fuck man Skyrim inventory is the fucking worst. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to turn it into a fucking tab list without any icons.
It's a bad idea for an rpg game, but then again skyrim isn't one
>>
>>377779036
Anvil haunted house.
>Sweet underground tomb
>enchanting table
>free dead lich furniture
Comfy AF
>>
>>377780846
That storyline was good because you weren't the hero of it, Martin was.
>>
>>377780846

literally all quests (especially the main one), all NPCs, all cities, all factions are more bland in Skyrim
>>
>>377779036
Cheydinhall (or whatever it's called in english version) is pretty comfy, but that's because I'm with darkbros.
Bravil is the least comfy city of all, and I think nobody will deny that.
>>
>>377782449
That place always looked like a backwater sewer.
>>
>>377782365
The main quest in Skyrim is somewhat boring but its miles better than Oblivion's

The whole Oblivion gates meme gets old after like 3 of them, even dragons are more interesting. Theres no motivation to finish the shitty main story, it sucks.
>>
>>377782449
>Bravil
>Brazil
Hmm
>>
>>377780802
pretty much this
>>
>>377779693
OH WOW THOSE ANIME MODS WITH ANIMATIONS THAT NEVER LINE UP AND TAKE FOREVER TO START SURE ARE GREAT
>>
Oblivion has the fucking worst combat mods. It's just littered with animation clipping and other bullshit with no actual AI change.
>>
You guys realize you don't have to do any of the gates they want you to to rally troops or whatever. As long as you're not a broke ass bitch you can take all the daedra yourself.
>>
alright lads, give me some mods for oblivion, just torrented the goty iso
>>
File: oblivionmods.png (111KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
oblivionmods.png
111KB, 1366x768px
>>377786187
Morroblivion
>>
>>377779036
Leyawiin is my favorite. I really like how colorful and big (in comparison to most towns) the buildings are, and being next to a river and in a sort of swampy area, but like a pretty swampy area, everything around it is really scenic. Plus you get a quest to become a legitimate knight with a companion and a sword and a cabin just outside the city and everything. Its just a very pleasant town to visit.

I think how comparatively isolated it is give it that "comfy" feel, too. Its at the very bottom of the map, down a much longer road than there is between most towns, and you have to pass a ton of abandoned forts and enemies and fucking Bravil to get there. I distinctly remember feeling pleasantly surprised when I first found Leyawiin, its such a stark contrast from the surrounding region.

>>377782449
>>377782804
Although I wonder if my opinion could be a bit skewed towards it because of Bravil. Any town would look "scenic" when you discover it just after passing through precariously-stacked-shacks-ville.
>>
>>377780802
Yeah I could never play one for more than 5 hours Its just boring shit, no idea how people put hundreds of hrs into this series
>>
File: 20170513150350_1.jpg (170KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170513150350_1.jpg
170KB, 1024x768px
Oblivion is the best modded TES game

Morrowind is the best vanilla
>>
File: 142819024981293.gif (477KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
142819024981293.gif
477KB, 500x273px
>all the mouthbreathing mongoloids that think anything after Morrowind is even worth the HDD space
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.