[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been trying out this "gem" and the first scenes just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: no-one-lives-forever-revival[1].jpg (98KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
no-one-lives-forever-revival[1].jpg
98KB, 1440x900px
Been trying out this "gem" and the first scenes just feel like simple running around and shooting bad guys.

Is this the gameplay for the rest of the game or does it change it up drastically enough to keep playing? Should I keep playing /v/?
>>
Well duh, it's a shooter game, dum dum.
>>
It's like Thief if the goal of that game was to assassinate everybody on the way to your objectives instead of being consistently sneaky and stealing shit.

You get more and more gadgets and weapons to play with and choose from as the game goes on, some of the levels in the middle of the game and towards the end are good, probably better than the earlier stuff.
>>
File: NOLF Map Hole.png (638KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
NOLF Map Hole.png
638KB, 1024x768px
>>377765189
It's a game worth finishing, I'd say. Lots of zany levels and gadgets. Read the notes.
>>
>>377766105
I'm only at the start so I only have the coin to use as an alternative to just running in their face and shooting in their head.

Do the new gadgets make engaging enemies more interesting?
>>
>>377766270
You can snipe enemies with the one handgun.

Otherwise it is a #oldfps, so your mileage may vary. But it's a solid game.
>>
>>377766394
I mean I love doom but this game has none doom's charm gameplay-wise.

>>377766184
I like the humour and the time-setting of the game. Music adds a lot to the vibe as well and I respect it. But I need more from it game-wise
How are the future levels zany?
>>
>>377765189
The first level is its tutorial more or less. It gets harder as it goes on. There's one particular level involving a laser trap that I could never beat as a kid. If you want even more complexity, try the second one.

In both games there are missions with a lot of side objectives and other things to do and ways to approach. Two coming up for you involve sneaking into an office building without being caught and finding a way inside a nightclub.
>>
>"gem"
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU IMPLYING SHITFUCK
>>
>>377766626
>How are the future levels zany?

You literally go into space and it's a big retro 60's club-style affair.

You also fight a boss whose main attack is singing so terribly at you that it hurts you and breaks world objects.
>>
>>377766662
>the laser trap
Open the floor grate under you and crawl past it
>>
File: NOLF1 Cover.jpg (1MB, 1600x1075px) Image search: [Google]
NOLF1 Cover.jpg
1MB, 1600x1075px
>>377766626
Starting at level 3 you end up falling out of a plane, going to space, getting stuck under the ocean, finding a secret island base, and I think there's a boat in there somewhere. And there's a nightclub and Germans and lots of neat stuff.

Also good luck finding every hidden item and special equip.
>>
>>377766626
> but this game has none doom's charm gameplay-wise
It has very satisfying shootin. Them spear gun, crossbow, explosives, lasergun. Headshots are accompanied by music cues, like in James Bond.
>>
>>377766926
The goddamn bacalov corrector.
>>
>>377765189
I like the second game better. I didn't have a 3DFX card when NOLF1 came out. Many years later, I played it right after I beat NOLF2. The first game is lot harder.
>>
>>377767316
1st one run fine once I put it on my 60hz monitor. 2nd game crashes like crazy on Windows 7 for me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.