[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people think naughty dog went to shit with uncharted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: jak2.jpg (195KB, 630x475px) Image search: [Google]
jak2.jpg
195KB, 630x475px
>people think naughty dog went to shit with uncharted when this game exists
>>
>Mario 2
>Zelda 2

It's ok when Nintendo does it!
>>
>>377764748
They went to shit with crash 3. Even the good parts of that game were poorly implemented like the new power ups for beating bosses. Good idea but boring in execution
>>
this is the worst game in the franchise. Well actually 3 is just as bad but at least is not a fucking minigame GTA garbage
>>
>>377765297
I know we love to pretend Lost Frontier never happened but it still happened.
>>
Naughty Dog is a really shit studio that just makes shiny graphics and good pre recordered cutscenes.
>>
>>377764748

I don't understand. You posted the best game in the Jak series, but are implying it has something to do with the developer going to shit? What? Are you saying that they've been shit for a while because this game was their peak, and it was so long ago?
>>
>>377764748
Why? Because they made him mildly edgy?
>>
File: VolginAfterGZ.png (46KB, 137x222px) Image search: [Google]
VolginAfterGZ.png
46KB, 137x222px
>>377767875
>>377767974
Disgusting opinion.
>>
>>377768091
Why is Jak 2 so bad?
>>
>>377764748
What's wrong with 2? I've picked up the first one recently and the game has been alright so far. How are the others, should I bother with them?
>>
File: choking on bad taste.jpg (19KB, 398x292px) Image search: [Google]
choking on bad taste.jpg
19KB, 398x292px
>>377764748
>>377765080
>>377765297
>>377767742
>>377768091
>>
>>377768254
>likes ND shit
>claims to have good taste

This can't be real.
>>
File: ps2_jak2_screen001.jpg (50KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ps2_jak2_screen001.jpg
50KB, 800x600px
>>377768161
it ins't

you'll get answers from these people on "hur edgy jak im gunna kill Praxis" or "le GTA clone"
when in reality, they hate the game because it was too hard for them and they stopped because they couldn't get past one mission.

inb4 the "I did beat the game and it wasn't hard" generic response to being called out on their shitty opinions
>>
>>377768602
>make a cool platformer adventure game
>make the 2 sequels completely different games
>wonder why its not liked

Wow so hard
>>
>>377768161
-It introduced a shitty open world to the series
-It introduced guns

These 2 things are bad enough to ruin the game.
>>
>>377768334
>>377768684
>>377768724

how does it feel being so small even the vocal minority can't hear you?
do you feel good about yourself? like you matter?
>>
>>377768795
Then why does everyone like the first one more?
>>
>>377768795
I don't really care. The bottom line is that they ruined something beautiful by trying to be edgy.
>>
>>377768795
You should go back to shitpost crap you don't like on metacritic instead of discussing games on /v/.
>>
>>377768161
>>377768168
Jak 2 is GTA 3 mixed with arsenic.
Jak 2 dumps the platforming focus for guns and cars. The guns are slightly more functional and interesting than the fireball eco from the first game. The cars are significantly less tactile than the hover scooter.
Jak 2 has its rare graces though. It gives you a nice feeling zippy hover board. Jak 2 then has it only be useful about three whole times.
Jak 2 takes place in a "sandbox". You go back and forth through the ugly city. NPCs don't blink. The driving controls are so nasty that you end up bumping into the police nearly every time you head out to a mission, half because the cars are so unwieldy and half because you want to get the drive over with as soon as possible so you just let it happen.
Jak 2 has a plot. Now The Precursor Legacy had a story but Jak 2 chokes you with a Real Plot. Jak even speaks now. Nothing good comes out of his mouth. The tone shifts. Daxter remains exactly the same. Jak is ugly. You'll suddenly notice how odd his face and eyes are modeled because there are just so many cutscenes you can't help but notice.
You can turn into a werewolf thing. The game keeps forgetting this is a thing.
I don't know.
Some people like it?
>>
insomnia > ND
>>
>>377769043
The game is a fucking mess riding on the success of GTA 3, there is nothing of value in it today.
>>
>>377769294
I think it's a hilarious example of how blind adherence trend can destroy a good game. There's value there. You could churn out a couple good essays with that material. And uh, Jak 3 is okay I guess.
>>
>>377769043
>Jak 2 dumps the platforming focus for guns and cars.
wrong. The level design and layouts are generally the same, wide open levels with various platforms to traverse, the different is instead of only melee combat with the exception of sometimes having yellow eco, they give you a gun that has different modes of fire, the melee combat is still all there and only in a few levels do you need to use the gun, i.e. flying enemies or out of reach enemies, the Gun is nothing more than another tool added onto the same gaming mechanics from the first game., "cars" only exist in the hub world, Haven City, and only feature in a few side missions and mini missions, mostly delivering something or racing, the times when you need to use a car are no more frequent then using the a-grav-zoomer from the first game, using cars in the hub world to get to different missions is 100% optional.

>Jak 2 has its rare graces though. It gives you a nice feeling zippy hover board. Jak 2 then has it only be useful about three whole times.
few a few missions yes, otherwise its given to the player to use when ever they wish, which can be for traversing levels faster, or just for fun.

>Jak 2 takes place in a "sandbox". You go back and forth through the ugly city. NPCs don't blink. The driving controls are so nasty that you end up bumping into the police nearly every time you head out to a mission, half because the cars are so unwieldy and half because you want to get the drive over with as soon as possible so you just let it happen.
Jak 2 takes place in a HUB WORLD, a area you traverse to get from mission to mission, there are only a few missions in Haven City outside of the optional side missions to get rewards.
the driving is no bad, the game has 7 different vehicle types each with different handling, speed, and health, and features elevation, if you are driving and you see a cop car in your way, fall down to the lower level and drive right under them, its not hard...
>>
>>377770075
(cont.)
and most NPCs will dive out of the way of your vehicle

>Jak 2 has a plot. Now The Precursor Legacy had a story but Jak 2 chokes you with a Real Plot. Jak even speaks now. Nothing good comes out of his mouth. The tone shifts. Daxter remains exactly the same. Jak is ugly. You'll suddenly notice how odd his face and eyes are modeled because there are just so many cutscenes you can't help but notice.
Jak talking adds more depth to the character a silent protagonist cant reach, they way he looks and sounds is incredibly subjective, the first game also had a lot of cutscenes, many featuring Jak

>You can turn into a werewolf thing. The game keeps forgetting this is a thing.
except after so many missions you will always get a blip on your map indicating you can unlock a new Dark Jak ability, thought the entire game

its almost like you started playing but never finished the damn game, and never paid any attention to it
>>
>>377770075
>instead of only melee combat with the exception of sometimes having yellow eco, they give you a gun that has different modes of fire, the melee combat is still all there and only in a few levels do you need to use the gun, i.e. flying enemies or out of reach enemies, the Gun is nothing more than another tool added onto the same gaming mechanics from the first game.,
Ill also add, you don't start out with a gun, and its not until 3 missions in do you get it with just 1 mod, the scattershot, and over the course of the game you unlock 3 more mods for the gun. these are no different than power-ups in any other platformer, except its a gun, so i guess that means its edgy now. yet Ratchet and Clank seems to get a pass on that
>>
>>377764748
IM GONNA KILL PRAXIS!
>>
>senseless jak 2 hate by people who dont play video games/ the thread
>>
what a shock, nothing more from those who don't know what the fuck they are talking about
>>
File: jak-3-20040624040827857[1].jpg (137KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jak-3-20040624040827857[1].jpg
137KB, 640x480px
I loved the whole series.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was the first game I got on my own console (PS2.)

I've played all three of them (and the racing spinoff) multiple times.

Haven't tried Lost Frontier yet. The story and the visuals look garbage (Dark Daxter? What?), but I liked the move towards aerial dogfighting as a main mechanic. That one level where you're flying around in a Hellcat in Jak 3 shooting up the robot factory was hella fun.
>>
naught dog was only good ps1 era
>>
Jak II was awesome. It would have been even better with third person shooting controls and more cover.
>>
>>377768602
I agree about the edgy part, it really wasn't edgy at all, in fact I feel it had more jokes than the first. But there's way too much driving, the game isn't very beautiful or varied aesthetically, and the difficulty comes mostly from the awful camera controls.
Maybe I should replay the first one but I don't remember the camera being that bad in this one.
Oh, and the eggs are pit in seemingly random places. Like, they'll be in the middle of a large body of water, or behind one of the dozen statues you'll pass. Those should be hard to get, not hard to find. A reward after a hard platforming section, but this rarely happens.
>>
Naughty Dog was always shit. Insomniac is where it was always at.
>>
>>377768161
because its an old game and /v/ likes to grave rob. seriously how low do you faggots go? Of course its a shit game compared to everything we have now you fucking dipshits
>>
>>377774409
>I agree about the edgy part, it really wasn't edgy at all, in fact I feel it had more jokes than the first. But there's way too much driving,
again, optional, and only in the hub world, with a few mini missions

>the game isn't very beautiful or varied aesthetically,
It has about the same amount of variety in settings that the first game does, you have the multiple sections of the city ranging from Slums, Industrial, Marketplace, Well-to-do, Harbor and the Palace, and outside the city you have a Lush Jungle, Mountains scattered with Percurser temples/buildings, Wetlands, Caves and Ancient Temples
plus the city is suppose to look ugly, to be a drastic contrast to the vibrant would from the first game, to show a distopian future
a world that needs heroes.

>and the difficulty comes mostly from the awful camera controls.
>Maybe I should replay the first one but I don't remember the camera being that bad in this one.
all three games share the same camera controls, which honestly werent that bad, you just use the shoulder buttons to move it left or right, or you can switch to a FPV, but for the most part the camera follows Jak

>Oh, and the eggs are pit in seemingly random places. Like, they'll be in the middle of a large body of water, or behind one of the dozen statues you'll pass. Those should be hard to get, not hard to find. A reward after a hard platforming section, but this rarely happens.
cause they are more of an Easter Egg than a collectible. something to reward the player for exploring the environment than just completing a hard task. because all they are, are currency for extras
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.