[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bunch of basement dwellers can do a better job than an i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: chim.png (3MB, 1290x1260px) Image search: [Google]
chim.png
3MB, 1290x1260px
>bunch of basement dwellers can do a better job than an international company FOR FREE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXCoLCbq9bU

Can Bethesda even recover after Fallout 4?
>>
>>377750547
>Can Bethesda even recover after Fallout 4?

yes because despite what the meme implies a lot of people bought todd's game
>>
>>377750547
>For free

Imagine if they had a budget, more help from Bethesda in terms of understanding the engine and also in trying to make it more stable with what they wanted to do.

But Bethesda and Zenimax, doesn't want any responsibility when it comes to modders and would rather have them as basically slave labor.
>>
>>377750547
Yes because retards ate up Fallout 4 without question and even if they complained afterwards Bethesda still has their money and they will buy Skyrim 3 whenever it comes around.
>>
File: 1485270662563.png (11KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
1485270662563.png
11KB, 273x185px
>A single-player game from 2015 is still one of the most played games on Steam
>>
>>377750547
Recover from what? People definitely didn't like it as much as Skyrim but that shit still sold.
>>
File: 1493644473932.png (1MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1493644473932.png
1MB, 704x396px
>>377750547
Ever consider that the silent majority of people that played fallout 4 liked it? And it's just the noisy annoying faggots screeching loud enough to make it SEEM like it wasn't well accepted inside you're little echo chamber?
>>
>>377750547
>Toddthesda cares about money
>The modders care about the game
>>
>>377751927
IT definitely wasn't as well received as 3 and NV even though I imagine it sold better. The season pass and DLC in general (except Far Harbor) was a failure and the modding scene is pretty dead. Probably because Fallout 3 is old enough that now kids are nostalgic about it.
>>
>>377752369
Even people who think FO3 was a masterpiece don't like FO4 because of how shallow it is. There's almost no freedom with your build and the game is heavily padded with randomly generated fluff quests, grinding crafting items, and tediously micromanaging towns of nameless NPCs.
>>
File: 1493644237384.jpg (118KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1493644237384.jpg
118KB, 704x396px
>>377752369
It was such a major step down from 3 and nv, but a step up in like a few so that might have contributed. The modding community is kinda bad too compared to skyrim but I still feel like the game did really well with just regular gamers that wanted a slightly story oriented first person shooter and didn't care about anything faithful to the older games.
>>
>>377750547
>can bethesda even recover after their best-selling game of all time?
The fact that they recovered after Redguard and the cancelled 10th Planet game makes them one of the most survivable companies out there. Zenimax bailed them out from the brink of death and Morrowind turned them into a major developer and publisher. Bethesda is one of the very few developers where every single fucking game they've made since then (going on 15+ years) has sold far better than the last, and Fallout 4 was their first to get anything other than raving near-perfect reviews, instead getting merely "great" reviews.

No doubt they're going to be taking Fallout 4's criticisms to heart. Todd even admitted that the dialogue system didn't work out as well as he'd hoped. But the fact is that they're still in a much better financial spot today than they were before the game released.
>>
>>377750547
I don't understand the point of these projects.
>>
>>377753102
It was only much later that people really started criticizing the game itself instead of just complaining about surface level issues like minor bugs and typical Bethesda quality assurance. Even then it was done really begrudgingly, like it was wrong of them to even think of criticizing a Bethesda game.
>>
>>377753102
To be fair Bethesda could have filled Fallout 4's cases with anthrax and it would have still sold like hotcakes. Big companies need to release multiple disappointing games before they start taking a hit in sales.
I honestly believe Prey's sales took a hit because people were skeptical about Bethesda after Fallout 4. I honestly think that if their next game isn't good then it will sell pretty badly.
>>
File: Capture.png (62KB, 508x641px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
62KB, 508x641px
>>377750547
Its been years since Skyrim and FO4 released.
Take that as you will.
>>
>>377750547
what the fuck is the point of Skyblivion?
It won't have spellcrafting or any of the fun shit of oblivion
>>
>>377755575
yeah but it'll have all the fun shit of Skyrim like graphics and perks
>>
>>377756157
>graphics
>fun
Skyrim perks are a complete joke too.
>+20% increase in damage
wow really fun thanks!
>>
>>377756301
ok negative nancy but in skyrim you can do ANYTHING like put a bucket on NPC head so they won't see you steal, and maybe they'll add radiant quests or something?
>>
>>377755575
Skyrim gameplay > oblivion gameplay

Even though oblivion is better overall
>>
>>377756713
How in the ever-loving fuck is that even remotely true?
The melee and bow combat are mostly identical. But magic is completely neutered in skyrim.
>>
>>377757061
I'm talking specially about the level up system

>if you jump too much in oblivion you are fucked
>if you don't micromanage everything you get shit stats and get fucked by daedric armor bandits

The magic building system is nice, i agree m8
>>
>>377757294
Then just drag and drop one of the numerous leveling mods that fix it into your data folder.
Natural leveling is simple to install and use.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.