[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MOTHER / Earthbound thread Haven't had one in a while,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: main cast.png (2MB, 1280x975px) Image search: [Google]
main cast.png
2MB, 1280x975px
MOTHER / Earthbound thread

Haven't had one in a while, let's discuss this series.
>>
File: tumblr_oqa55kh4eR1qa27t0o3_1280.jpg (104KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqa55kh4eR1qa27t0o3_1280.jpg
104KB, 800x557px
Really, no one?
>>
>>377750223
Mother 1 is really underappreciated.
>>
This series is as good as dead and as soon as mother 3 is localized it may as well be completely forgotten by nintendo. The only thing that could bring it back to relevancy would be a remake that uses the sane art style as that kirby game on the wii U along with some Mario kart 8 DLC with onett and magicant stages
>>
>>377752229
Agreed. I think people overrate it's flaws. The grinding is there but isn't that bad in my opinion.
>>377752526
Series isn't dead, it just had a proper conclusion. As long as the series still gets cameos and some merchandise every once in awhile that's fine. He's older know but if Itoi ever decided to make a new non MOTHER related game that would be great.
>>
>>377750223
There's GBA and SNES version of those games. Which versions should I play and do I just play them straightforward (1-2-3) ?
>>
>>377752956
Play 2 (SNES) and 3 (GBA). You can skip 1.
>>
File: 1481490427228.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481490427228.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>377753229
Will do, thanks.
>>
>>377752956
Mother 1 is a bit rough if you're not used to famicom jrpgs. I think the best version is the gba version with the translation patch. You can try starting with the first one but you may lose interest fast.

Earthbound is where many people started playing. This was the first game to receive an English release so naturally it is many's first experience with the series. While it has some nice references to the first game playing this one first is fine.

For mother 3 it is more important to play earthbound as the connections between earthbound and mother 3 are deeper then with mother 1 and earthbound. To play this you will need a fan translation patch.
>>377753229
Oh come on, 1 may be a bit rough around the edges but it is a charming game.
>>
>>377752956
Don't listen to the first guy.
Play the GBA version of Mother 1 with the translation patch.
Play Earthbound for SNES.
Play Mother 3 on GBA with the translation patch.
>>
Just put them all on 3DS Nintendo for fuck sake
>>
>>377755509

I never played one, and really want to.

So I hope so.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.