[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post games that /v/ tricked you into thinking were good. No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: 233335_front.jpg (89KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
233335_front.jpg
89KB, 640x569px
Post games that /v/ tricked you into thinking were good.

No this isn't a Senran Kagura thread, I'm still pissed about this shit.
>>
It's good fun if you enjoyed beat em' ups from the 90s era.

The sequel improves on it in very many ways by adding the new tag mechanic, more dynamic level design, cooler boss fights among other things.
>>
>>377746918
>Not playing Shinovi Versus
Well there's your problem.
>>
Senran Kagura thread?
>>
File: miyaboy.jpg (97KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
miyaboy.jpg
97KB, 640x800px
>>377747953
Senran Kagura thread
>>
File: Haruka_36.jpg (396KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Haruka_36.jpg
396KB, 640x800px
This is now a Senran Kagura thread.
>>
>>377746918
Why would you ever think senran shit was good? It's just a game for normies to jerk off to, nothing more.

If you want an actual good game with cute girls in it then you play Neptunia.
>>
File: 4YWeaNg.jpg (891KB, 2561x3627px) Image search: [Google]
4YWeaNg.jpg
891KB, 2561x3627px
This is a Senran Kagura thread, right?

>/v/ tricked you into thinking were good.
I love people who say this, you have no one but yourself to blame. Even worse in SK case when pretty much everyone says the games are mediocre at best.
>>
>>377748327
I think you have the opposite going on there.

Neptunia is the game for ironic weebs to tout as their introduction to anime despite mechanically being nothing more than "grind EXE drive and spam it to win", whereas Senran Kagura is actually a decent game with cute girls in it.
>>
>>377746918

Wow you believe a game with schoolgirls with giant tits that /v/ recommended was actually good?
>>
File: 1445661742340.jpg (81KB, 960x720px)
1445661742340.jpg
81KB, 960x720px
>>377746918
>Senran Kagura finally comes out on Steam/PC
>been kinda wanting to play it
>worried it'll be just an anime Dynasty Warriors with big titties
Should I just pirate it?
>>
>>377748592
>decent game
No, it's literal press a to win button mashing fest, it's shit

>cute girls
sure if the only thing you like is big titty monsters. The girls are all bland, generic, and uninteresting.

Neptunia has better, more amusing, and funnier girls as well as solid turn-based combat and entertaining stories. It's vastly superior to senran shit.
>>
>>377748327
>Neptunia
>shitty RPG with elements of dating sim
>good
top kek, that game is Love Live-tier of waifushit with no gameplay
>>
>>377748837
Sure if you're a braindead retard who can't enjoy a turn-based RPG then it might not be fun, but for people with brain cells they are vastly superior to senran shit
>>
>>377748729
If you bothered to play SK, you'd know that the characters actually have more interesting backstories than the advertisements lead you to believe.

Neptunia's stories are literally a bunch of cute girls doing cute things tropes with "lol so funny vidya references" and stopping piracy from taking over the world.

Also ironic that you say it's "literal press a to win" which is exactly how you play Neptunia games (select things with A button and watch animations with little thought required).

At least Senran games require you to react to different enemy types' abilities and each character plays differently despite having the same button presses for attack, dash and launch.
>>
Neptunia is boring shit
>>
>>377746918
The only things I didn't like were the lack of outfits and the shit framerate, both of which were fixed in the sequel.
>>
FE7. holy fuck talk about boring.
>>
>>377746918
Those tits are wayyy too big
>>
>>377748964
There is very little in the way of thought for Neptunia's enemy types and the bosses all boil down to grind EXE drive to win or they heal 50% of their health if you don't do enough damage on top of removing their shield health.
>>
>>377746918
>Threads are nothing but /e/ spam
>gee i bet this game is totally good!

Your own fault for trusting the opinion of waifufags.
>>
>>377749086
>Also ironic that you say it's "literal press a to win" which is exactly how you play Neptunia games (select things with A button and watch animations with little thought required)
t. never played Neptunia
>>
File: 51819036_p0.jpg (244KB, 481x680px) Image search: [Google]
51819036_p0.jpg
244KB, 481x680px
>senran kagura vs neptunia
I thought those fights were a myth.

>>377748723
>worried it'll be just an anime Dynasty Warriors with big titties
You're expecting too much, the only similarity the Versus games have with Musou is fighting against a lot of enemies on screen at the same time.
I'm sure you were going to pirate either way.
>>
>>377747707
>It's good fun if you enjoyed beat em' ups from the 90s era.

t. someone who never played an actual beat em up in their life
>>
>>377746918
Unironically thought about getting a SK game.
Sometimes you need stupid fun with tits - but than i played it.
It's easily the worst "warriors" game I played in a while.
But nice tiddies.
thank god i dodged that bullet
>>
>>377749289
Actually have, the only difference is select a different button to choose either shield damaging attack, heavy attack or exe grinding attack.

There's not much in the way of thought when it comes to that DESU.
>>
>>377746918
There's a reason that game is shit and they flop. Modern men no longer desire big breasts. They're useless these days.
>>
>trusting waifufags
>ever

Most people posting about Senran don't play the games they just fap to the characters. Same thing with touhoufags, neo-FEfans, personafags, etc.
>>
>>377749365
But I have, from TMNT to The Simpsons to Final Fight to Double Dragon to Battletoads to Golden Axe to Streets of Rage to Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja to Vendetta, etc.

They were all relatively simple good fun as Senran Kagura is, only SK also has VN-style story telling between the missions to provide more depth to the characters beyond fanservice.
>>
>>377746918
I played SK2 on 3DS and it as pretty good, short but kinda fun, i just hope they will actually improve the gameplay and making the game more "deep" as it actually hold some sort of potential.
>>
>>377749896
Other than having a similar belt scroll format, Burst doesn't really play like the arcade beat em ups most people are used to. If anything it feels more like playing a simple hack and slash or a musou, but in a 2d perspective.
>>
>>377749242
This. If nobody discusses gameplay at all in the threads, then one should be able to deduce that it's probably not a good game. The amount of waifuposting generally correlates negatively with the quality of the game, barring some rare exceptions (Nier Automata etc.).
>>
>>377750610
>barring some rare exceptions (Nier Automata etc.)
wow thanks for confirming your shit taste. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>377749896
but the enemies actually fight back in beat em ups
>>
>>377750831
They do too in Senran once you get passed the first chapter.

Also it becomes way more challenging if you go into Frantic Mode at the beginning of each stage.
>>
File: Homura_94.jpg (395KB, 640x800px)
Homura_94.jpg
395KB, 640x800px
What do you think her butt smells like?
>>
>>377750898
are you joking. how is frantic mode harder if no one ever even tries to hit me. if anything it makes it easier because now everything dies quicker. like no wonder you think this games a challenge
>>
>>377751046
>if no one ever even tries to hit me.
Have you played late stages while on Frantic at all?
I'm not saying the game in general is particularly hard, but there's some enemies like the crossbow maids, some of the basic ninjas like the wind, poison and fire ones, or those samurai robots that can fuck yo up rather quick if you're not careful.
>>
>>377751286
ive played this entire shitty game and not a single second of it has been engaging or challenging in anyway. I mash buttons and I win

wow all those ninja types are really interesting its a shame they dont matter at all because they're stupid as fuck
>>
>>377751398
>I mash buttons and I win
So you haven't then, because doing that in some frantic stages will get you killed in seconds with how agressive some enemies are.
I'm not forcing you to enjoy the game, just don't tell lies.
>>
>>377751951
>So you haven't then, because doing that in some frantic stages will get you killed in seconds with how agressive some enemies are.
sorry that I have two arms to play this game with i can see how it may be a hinderance to you
>>
>>377748723
I bought it, I'm waiting to clear my backlog before getting the one that recently came out. It's decent fun, and it helps if you enjoy the characters
>>
File: Hikage_UR_no_emblem.jpg (100KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Hikage_UR_no_emblem.jpg
100KB, 640x800px
>>
>/v/ recommends game
>look up game on YT to ensure you actually like it before you dive in

How hard is this to do? Yeah, it doesn't work ALL the time but most of the time.

Only time I've ever gotten burned by fanservice was Code of Princess. And that's mostly because the framerate was so terrible that even I had issues playing it. And I'm not really a "if it at 60 FPS, it ain't shit" kind of guy.
>>
>>377748079
Can I please get the title. Of this game
>>
>>377746918
So it wasn't /v/ but a cute Asian chick who told me about Senran Kagura. After a few missions I was confused because it was a DW lite games with stripping girls. But what confused me most that it came from a pervert Asian girl. Cool thing is now we hang out at anime conventions so I don't feel so bad gawking at cosplayers with her around
>>
>>377746918
The 3DS games are the worst in the series, with Burst being irredeemable trash. You listened to Nintenbros who are butthurt the Versus games are better and more successful than the 3DS games and now spend their lives constantly pushing a false narrative they tricked even themselves into believing.
>>
>>377746918
>mash attack through dozens of enemies
>they get knocked back and you pursue them to mash further
>proceed to the next room
>this is every single stage
This shit is a Koei warriors game in disguise and it runs like shit on top of that.
>>
I always have to wonder if the people saying the series is "DW with tits" are old enough to have played even PS2 beat 'em ups. Or even are aware of the genre. Apparently the closest comparison they can make for it is musou shit. What's even sadder is that Senran is basically the last true beat 'em up around.
>>
>>377746918
There is only one good weeb game I've played because of /v/ and that would be neptunia VII, and even that game isn't that good
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.