[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The current gen has no memorable games. It's the most shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 454
Thread images: 55

File: faggotry.png (455KB, 1302x956px) Image search: [Google]
faggotry.png
455KB, 1302x956px
The current gen has no memorable games. It's the most shit gen of all gens. I feel like a complete fucking retard of owning all of these. I spend most of my time gaming on Steam, that's how much shit these are. That's all.

and thank fuck for Witcher and Stalker series, and some indie titles otherwise I'd fucking give up on gaming completely
>>
File: top 5 games.png (103KB, 2275x800px) Image search: [Google]
top 5 games.png
103KB, 2275x800px
>>377743813
>>377743813
>The current gen has no memorable games.
>>
>The current gen has no memorable games

Ps4 has persona 5, Nintendo has TLOZ:BoW, and of course how can we forget the masterpiece made by microsoft... err...
I think I can't remember any good game for xbone, sorry.
>>
>>377744065
>Ps4 has persona 5
So does the PS3
>>
>>377743998
Fucking fifa
>>
>>377743813
>and thank fuck for Witcher
Oh yes, I LOVE that RPGs just get simpler and simpler and resemble brain-dead action/adventure games more closely than actual RPGs, so great!
>>
>>377743813
Gravity rush 2
Splatoon
Killer Instinct
Zelda Wiiu
Horizon 3

Kys OP
>>
>>377743813
You haven't played most of them so how would you know?
>>
File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
>>
>>377744113
>So does the PS3

And?
>>
>>377743813
Well there always Bloodborne and BotW as well as... wait yeah thats all I got.
>>
>>377744647
Not really a selling point when your last console also has the game is it?
>>
>>377744845
Like how the WiiU also has Zelda?
>>
>>377745054
Wii U is in the gen in question though. Switch is "next gen"
>>
>>377744845
>Not really a selling point when your last console also has the game

I don't think that was his point, but yes multiplats are also selling points. I don't understand how game can be playable on PS3 but don't count on PS4.
>>
>>377745462
Good point, I'm retarded.
>>
>>377745671
>All past consoles had their own notable games
>Lots of notable games for this set of consoles are also on older consoles

You're missing the point. It's not about games "counting" or not, it's about the fact that this set of consoles has less original software than previous sets of consoles. They're just not as attractive when lots of the stuff they have is available on platforms I already own, whereas this wasn't the case with pretty much every other set of consoles in the past.

Even if you had a PC or last-gen consoles, you still wanted a 360, PS3 and/or a Wii for the new stuff they had, those 7th gen platforms didn't piggy-back on 6th gen for too long and pumped out new stuff. Far too much on PS4/Xbone is leftover from 7th gen and lots of new games are just sequels or have been butchered to fit the modern micro-purchase model most publishers are moving toward. Publishers thought consoles were on their way out prematurely so we got tons of rereleases and mobile games disguised as console games.
>>
>>377745671
>I don't think that was his point, but yes multiplats are also selling points.
I already have a PS3
PS4 having Persona 5 isn't going to make me say "Oh shit, I really want to get that console now!"

Multiplats are cool if you have no other platforms I guess, but I already have all last gen systems, a really nice PC, a Wii U, a Switch and a 3DS.

The PS4 and Xbone need to get more games that I can't play on other platforms before I bother getting them. I'm not even really shitting on them or saying no one should want them, hell, this is the first gen where I wasn't full idort.
All I'm saying is that when you're considering buying a new platform, multiplats are really poor selling points. I don't give a fuck that PS4 has The Last of Us, Persona 5, Uncharted, or whatever else, because I can already play those games. Yakuza 0 and Bloodborne however are selling points, because I can't play them on anything else. I have a "5 exclusives I want to play before I buy rule", and we're 4 years into this gen and so far 2/3 of the current gen consoles haven't reached the 5 games mark yet, shits pretty fucking sad.

This gen has sucked.
>>
>>377746141
You sound fucking retarded saying all that shit and also admitting you have a switch. You're a complete fucking moron.
>>
>>377746141
>I already have a PS3

Yes, but we are not talking about you only. Anon made fair point, Persona 5 was released this gen and is worthwile game. Just because you refuse playing it on PS4 it don't matter much. I don't have PS3, Persona 5 and TLOU are selling points of PS4 for me.
>>
>>377746292
No, that all makes perfect sense, 8th gen is fucking shitty when compared to pretty much every previous generation and a lack of new, original software that's not simply a vehicle for micro-purchases is a big part of the problem.
>>
>>377746141
>we're 4 years into this gen and so far 2/3 of the current gen consoles haven't reached the 5 games mark yet

Horizon. U4, GR2, Nioh, Infamous, Bloodborne, Yakuza 0
?
>>
>>377746292
>saying all that shit and also admitting you have a switch.

>Nintendo
>not thriving on exclusives
Nintendo consoles and handhelds are the only systems where I don't have to wait because they always get lots of neat exclusive games. This year alone switch is getting ARMS, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey. I'm not too worried about the Switch, there is a pretty good chance it will be getting another cool game I want announced at E3
>>
>>377746505
No, it doesn't make perfect sense. 5 game rule alone makes him/you look retarded. The switch doesn't even have 5 games out yet let alone 5 exclusives.
>>
>>377743813
you can thank companies only making sequels and dlc, season passes, and microtransactions for that. early last gen 2005-2009 is the last of good gaming
>>
>>377746595
>Nintendo consoles and handhelds are the only systems where I don't have to wait because they always get lots of neat exclusive games

Really? What exclusives you play on Switch now?
>>
>>377743813
That's funny, I have a lot of great memories of playing both Nintendoland and Mario Kart 8 with my friends.

And playing this here game on my own.. what was it called.. Ah yes, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I think it was.
>>
>>377746595
Ah so this is a drone topic. Makes sense.
And before you do further mental gymnastics the PS4 has a ton of exclusives as well. You may not like them but they are out there. I think you're an idiot for buying a switch for splatoon of all fucking things and nintendo's new shovelware ARMS. But hey we each have our preferences after all. I just prefer not to slobber on nintendick is all.
>>
>>377746403
You apparently stopped reading his post there, because he addressed this
>I'm not even really shitting on them or saying no one should want them

For hobbyists (you know, that important "core" audience) this generation has been abysmal. Next to no reason to buy either new XB or PS console and Nintendo's was only good for their first-party games. These consoles aren't appealing to everyone they could, they're selling primarily to "normies" who may not have owned everything before, not hobbyists, and the hobbyists are the ones who keep the industry going when the casual audience loses interest.
>>
File: firefox_2017-04-10_08-18-13.png (520KB, 1667x261px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-04-10_08-18-13.png
520KB, 1667x261px
>>377746553
Horizon looks like a boring "style over substance" ubisoft style open world game, not really something I'd buy a console for

Uncharted is something I've never liked, I bought the first two games because they were highly recommended and found that while they did have really charming characters and writing, the gameplay itself just felt like a clunky attempt at aping off of Tomb Raider

Nioh just looks like a Souls clone without really understanding what made the first few Souls games good (didn't really care for DS2 or 3)

I played one of the earlier Infamous games and just wasnt into it. I can't say it was bad or anything, just not something I'd buy a console for.

Bloodborne however looks neat and everyone I know that has played it says it really feels more like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls

Again, I already mention that I'm really interested in Yakuza 0 as well

Either way, this whole gen has been starved for exclusives. Just look at previous years in the games industry and you'll see piles of classic games getting released every year. Now it takes an entire gen to get what we used to get every year.
>>
>>377746640
>Harping on one tiny detail in order to start an argument instead of addressing the actual point
You're just shitposting, got it.
>>
>>377746867
>For hobbyists (you know, that important "core" audience) this generation has been abysmal.

Source? You made some survey?
>>
>>377747004
>using personal opinion as argument

You can't be serious. You realize I can say I don't like 99% of Nintendo games so they don't count too? Or that I don't like any game from last gen? Or 2 gens before?
>>
>>377747023

Why are you so ready to argue against the idea that these consoles were and are pretty bad for consumers? You're in favor of blatantly anti-consumer bullshit?
>>
>>377747006
>the PS4 doesn't have exclusives
>the exclusives it does have don't count
You're just shitposting, got it.
>>
>>377747004
You do realize you yourself are writing these games off when these are system sellers for others, right? Uncharted 4 is a massive system seller, Killzone and inFamous were as well, and Horizon is the current system seller. These are all exclusives people buy a PS4 for. Nioh ended up being great if a bit samey at times.
>>
>>377747234
If they are popular and consumers like them it means they are not bad for them. Why do you think your personal taste is any fact or can be presented as argument?
>>
>>377747193
I'm convinced you're just a shill for some major western publisher.

When did
>I won't buy a console until it has ~5 exclusives I want
turn into
>You NEED to buy the console when it has ~5 exclusive games period, regardless of whether or not you like them

Oh, right, 8th gen, when exclusives dried up faster than your mom's cunt in the Sahara.
>>
>>377747391
Those exclusives don't count because. Now buy a switch.
>>
>>377743813

>Bloodbourne
>Splatoon

Xbox fags BTFO
>>
>>377747193
You do realize I was just talking about why I personally wasn't interested in the PS4 right?

I'm not a shareholder, I'm a consumer. I'm not going to talk about the PS4 as if its a product I want to sell, I'm going to talk about it as if its a product I want to buy (which I don't yet)

If you don't like any Nintendo games thats fine, I would disagree with you if you said they were all bad, but you're still more than welcome to say that.
Personally I just prefer more traditional games that focus more on player interaction rather than minimizing player input while having "cool" things happen on screen. Its why I hate the Assassin's Creed games so much. Sure, everything on screen looks kinda cool I guess, but as a player all I'm doing is holding forward or mashing X. This is a problem that a lot of modern games suffer from, and its a big part of why I don't care about the vast majority of the PS4s current exclusives.
>>
>>377743813
Bloodborne was pretty memorable and I honestly am not even a huge fan of FROM games.
I'd say they are among the most overrated overall.
But if we talk about memorable games, Bloodborne definitely was one.

Games I can remember well from this gen, in no particular order
>Bloodborne
>Total War: Warhammer (if PC counts)
>The Witcher 3
>Cottonfield 1 (/v/ hates it, but WW1 is seldom done and this is sadly the best WW1 game to date despite not being realistic)
>Alien: Isolation
There might be a few more, but these are the ones off the top of my head that stand out as unique experiences or memorable for some reason.
>>
>>377747498
>explain why his point is stupid
>you are shill

I counted many games from westerns and japanese publishers. Calling me "western" shill makes you look even more silly.

>It don't even have 5 exclusives
>what about those
>I don't like them so they don't exist

Please tell me you are only pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: firefox_2017-04-10_08-22-45.png (546KB, 1654x286px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-04-10_08-22-45.png
546KB, 1654x286px
>>377747391
Again, I never said the PS4 wasn't worth buying at all, just that after 4 years it really doesn't have a fuck of a lot to show (but I wish it did).

Just because those games don't appeal to me doesn't mean I automatically think they're bad, they're just not something I would buy a console for. My point however, is that the frequency of good game releases has gotten insultingly low.
I know 1998 is a bit of an anomaly, but its not just that year, right up until 2004ish every year looked like this, there was always a good handful of awesome games coming out every year
>>
>>377747681
>Personally I just prefer more traditional games that focus more on player interaction rather than minimizing player input while having "cool" things happen on screen.
So I guess you hate Color Splash?
>>
>>377747459
>If they are popular and consumers like them it means they are not bad for them
lol

>>377747391
Here's how it worked before:

>I want [X] exclusives before I buy
>Okay here's [X] exclusives
>I don't like those
>Oh, okay, here's [X] more exclusives
>Repeat until you find ones you like

Now its:
>I want [X] exclusives before I buy
>Well there's [X] number of exclusives now, go buy it, you fucking faggot
>I don't like those
>LOL what do you want faggot I gave you exclusives? (Dodging the fact that there aren't any more exclusives and that these are the only ones that exist)
>>
>>377747681
>You do realize I was just talking about why I personally wasn't interested in the PS4 right?

No I thought we were talking if this gen has notable exclusives not your own personal taste, nobody cares much about but ok.
>>
>>377747774
You're not arguing the actual point, you're just harping on the fact that he said he has a Switch, you're starting consolewar bullshit. You're shitposting.
>>
>>377747957
>lol

Well yes? Why whould they buy something that is worse for them?
>>
>>377747498
exclusives are a thing of the past, not because of major publishers like Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo but because of the devs themselves.

The major companies have an interest in locking up titles to sell their platform but its better for game devs to betray their efforts and whore their games to as many people as possible for profits.

The brand loyalty thing is dying, and thats not necessarily a bad thing for the consumer.

Each gen has had less and less exclusive titles and that trend will continue. The only exclusive you'll see if that a game launches with one company a few months before they lanch with the other company. Or you'll see new gimmicks like "exclusive map only on Playstation" etc.
Thats because this is the only thing Publishers are going to be able to negotiate in. They will no longer be able to lock up the whole game forever like in the past.
>>
>>377747968
>No I thought we were talking if this gen has notable exclusives
see
>>377747957
The number of notable exclusives is abysmal, it's basically just the games mentioned and that's it, there aren't any more, they don't exist.

Whereas before you had lots of choices, If you didn't like these 5 games, you might like those 5 games instead. But now we just have about 5 games total, that's the fucking point.
>>
>>377748071
Nope. actually never mentioned Switch in any post, probably you are talking about someone else. Just pointed out your "I don't like it so it don't count" argument. And don't even accuse me of shitposting when you called me shill out of ass.
>>
>>377746640
>5 game rule alone makes him/you look retarded. The switch doesn't even have 5 games out yet let alone 5 exclusives.
Again, Nintendo never has an issue with exclusives, its what they do best. I just wanted to get the switch early because I could, but I have no concerns about it getting 5 games I'll enjoy by the end of the gen, the PS4 and Xbone on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

I only recently started using the "5 games" rule because I got burned so hard with the PS3. I bought that thing at launch expecting great games, and year after year they all got cancelled or delayed or just vanished. Sure it got a handful of neat exclusives by the end of that gen, but after spending $599 on it and waiting 3-4 years before I got anything of note aside from MGS4 and maybe Demon's Souls, I wasn't about to make the same mistake this gen, so I decided to wait until a console had 5 cool games that I wanted to play that were actually released.
Again, I didn't wait with the Wii U either because I know how Nintendo is and they didn't dissapoint. I got Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Smash4, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DLand, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors and a handful of other games I had fun with, which was more than enough to justify the purchase for me. I'm expecting the Switch to be more of the same, except with potentially more frequent releases and less droughts assuming they learned their lesson from the Wii U and actually stop focusing on the 3DS eventually.
>>
>>377747925
>So I guess you hate Color Splash?
Yeah, I didn't even buy it after Sticker Star was crap. desu I didn't even like Super Paper Mario that much either, but at least it was kind of cool as its own thing
>>
>>377748229
They're going away because games simply cost too much to make, and that is itself due in part to the increasing focus on story and visuals in games. We could have exclusives being developed on small budgets, but they won't be photo-realistic blockbusters that return hundreds of millions of dollars so publishers won't bother. They can't sustain themselves on anything less, that's a huge part of the problem.
>>
>>377748416
I pirated Color Splash and still felt ripped off
>>
>>377744113
Wii U has botw but it doesn't mean that either game isn't from this generation.
>>
>>377748229
>exclusives are a thing of the past

Objectively wrong since every year they are getting releases.

>>377748268
>The number of notable exclusives is abysmal

It isn't. This gen is far from over and there are plenty notable exclusives and new ones still coming.
>>
>>377748316
>Just pointed out your "I don't like it so it don't count" argument.
Never said that, you're making arguments up to argue against.
>>
>>377748337
>Again, Nintendo never has an issue with exclusives, its what they do best. I just wanted to get the switch early because I could, but I have no concerns about it getting 5 games I'll enjoy by the end of the gen, the PS4 and Xbone on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

Conclusion: "Only Nintendo exclusives are good and I have no problem of buying system without exclusives as long as it's Nintendo. Exclusives on PS4 mostly don't count, because I don't like them".
>>
DUDE WHAT IF WE ONLY REMASTER GAMES.

DUDE...

PS4 was a mistake.
>>
>>377748713
Can you name a single Nintendo console that hasn't had metric shitloads of good first party exclusives?

PS3 and Xbox 360 sure struggled with exclusives, and PS4 and Xbone are having an even harder time. The switch is pretty much going to catch up with both of them in just a year.

Sure I like Nintendo, but I generally just like fun videogames, and Nintendo is great about consistently offering new ones. Gameplay is the most important aspect for me, so I don't care as much that "mario" games are "always about the same thing" when the gameplay changes radically with each franchise he is in. However on the flip side, you've got stuff like Uncharted and The Last of Us which are seemingly totally different games but they are essentially the same thing with a different skin.

The only reason I'm biased towards Nintendo out of the main three consoles is because they cater to my tastes, they make "gamey" games, which the other two seem to be afraid of doing lately.
>>
File: 250px-MK8_Deluxe_-_Box_NA.png (232KB, 250x405px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MK8_Deluxe_-_Box_NA.png
232KB, 250x405px
>>377748996
>>
>>377748505
It's more than half over, 9th gen already fucking started, MS is prepping their next console.

PS4 has 35 retail exclusives, including things like the Uncharted collection, the Kingdom Hearts re-releases and imports never released outside Japan.

Wii U has 42 retail exclusives, including some import-only games

Xbone has 7 retail exclusives games.

But no, exclusives aren't drying up, no way!
>>
>>377748713
>Conclusion: Something I pulled out of my ass
ftfy
>>
WiiU has Bayonetta 2 and Fatal Frame 5. PS4 has Bloodborne and Gravity Rush 2. Xbone has...look, the point is most of these consoles haven't been ENTIRELY worthless. Just next to worthless.
>>
>>377749102
While I'm not planning on buying it, the Switch is one of the few times where I can say "yeah that kind of makes sense" when it comes to re-releases.

EVERYONE owns an Xbox 360 or a PS3, however almost no one bought a Wii U. So re-releasing major Wii U games on the Switch adds some value for people that never owned a Wii U (ie: most people), and also lets good goyims buy the same game again so they can play it on the go.

While I don't plan on buying many (if any) Wii U re-releases on the Switch, I can at least see why it makes more sense than releasing a 1-2 year old game on a new console and just adding "remastered" to the end of it. Didn't the Last of Us "remaster" not even come with the DLC? I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain they made you buy that shit again.
>>
>>377748337
3DLand and Smash4 are 3DS games. I don't get it how Persona 5 and TLOU don't count on PS4 and prove that "this gen sucks" but 3DS ports count on WiiU and justify purchase of system.

You Nintenbros are really funny.
>>
>>377749227
>Wii U has 42 retail exclusives,
Including the Zelda remasters and 3DS ports.
>>
File: IMG_1228.jpg (49KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1228.jpg
49KB, 509x339px
>>377743813
>>377746141
>>377746505
>>377748996
>>
>>377749358
>It's okay becuase no one bought it
Yeah I knew you were going to say that. Goalpost moving faggot.
>>
File: image.png (168KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168KB, 640x918px
>>377746836
Why is Nutendo so full of shovelware, bros?

They used to set trends, now they follow them, lapping up Sony's leftovers. Sad!

>>377749075
>>377749318
Keep on droning. Maybe if you shill enough you can get enough money to buy that shovelware ARMS you want so much!
>>
>>377749358
>EVERYONE owns an Xbox 360 or a PS3
Most PS4 owners didn't have a PS3, that's part of the reason why TLOU was remastered. And the remaster did include the story DLC.
>>
>>377749360
>3DLand and Smash4 are 3DS games. I don't get it how Persona 5 and TLOU don't count on PS4 and prove that "this gen sucks" but 3DS ports count on WiiU and justify purchase of system.
Well obviously I meant 3D world, but you're right, 3D Land is a 3DS game.
You're not considering that I might have already owned a Wii U when those games were released/before they were ported to 3DS though.

If a game gets a dual release and I already own both consoles, I'll just get it for the newer one because why not. However, if a game gets a dual release and I only own the older one, do I really have any reason to not just play it on the console I already own?
>>
>>377749227
>But no, exclusives aren't drying up, no way!

They don't if they are getting released constantly.

>>377749318
No, it's something you said. No need to move goalposts now.

>>377749075
>Can you name a single Nintendo console that hasn't had metric shitloads of good first party exclusives?

Why only first party exclusives suddenly count? Every PlayStation system has many good exclusives both first and third party.
>>
>>377749568
>Most PS4 owners didn't have a PS3
Do you have a source for this?
>>
>>377743998
US
>COD
>COD
>COD

YUROP
>FIFA
>FIFA
>FIFA

JAPAN
>MARIO
>MARIO
>MARIO

Is there no country/region that actually has good taste in videogames?
>>
>>377749360
>3DLand and Smash4 are 3DS games.
So is Woolly World and Hyrule Warriors, and they always put those games on Wii U lists too.
Nindrones are the the biggest hypocrites on the board
>>
>>377749361
It includes the two HD Zelda games but that's it, I only checked "full exclusives" when counting for all platforms.

>http://gematsu.com/exclusives/wii-u/

For reference, PS3 and 360 both have dozens of exclusives, and even more if you check the "generation" box to see what was also exclusive at the time of release, because it won't include stuff that's since been ported.
>>
MGSV was kind of memorable because of how unmemorable it was
>>
>>377749592
>You're not considering that I might have already owned a Wii U when those games were released/before they were ported to 3DS though.

So it makes your point about Persona 5 and TLOU retarded. Because you know, I only have PS4 too. If 3D Land is reason to justify WiiU, Persona 5 is reason to justify PS4.
>>
>>377749632
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/e3_2015_almost_half_ps4_owners_never_had_a_ps3
>>
>>377749627
>They don't if they are getting released constantly.
The number is getting smaller, that's what I'm arguing. Are you arguing the number isn't getting smaller? Because you'd be factually incorrect.
>>
>>377749627
>Why only first party exclusives suddenly count? Every PlayStation system has many good exclusives both first and third party.
Because I was talking about Nintendo and their first party titles you dingus.
Not every comment is some attempt to start a console war, I'm just saying that Nintendo in particular is great about making their own exclusives, and every platform they've ever made outside of maybe the Virtual Boy has lots of games I loved on it and couldn't play anywhere else.

I don't see why you can't really grasp this, again, I'm not shitting on Playstation or Xbox, just saying I kind of exclude Nintendo from the "5 games" rule because they have never let me down before. Even the Wii U, which was apparently an "objective failure with no games" had a pretty decent pile of exclusives that I had a lot of fun with. I know most people were really upset that they couldn't play FIFA, CoD, AssCreed or whatever on it, but I still loved the stupid little thing because it had lots of neat games I couldn't just play on my PC instead.
>>
>>377749829
>So it makes your point about Persona 5 and TLOU retarded. Because you know, I only have PS4 too.
You might be right if I wasn't obviously talking about myself and why I didn't want a PS4 yet. I'm not sure why you don't get this and think my clearly subjective statements were intended to be objective.
>>
>>377749886
Just stop responding, he's trying to start more consolewar shitposting
>>
>>377749661
It's probably the same guy
>>377744845

I love him.
>>
>>377749842
>The number is getting smaller

Source?

>>377749886
>Because I was talking about Nintendo and their first party titles you dingus.

No, we were talking about exclusives overall not only first party. You moved goalposts because it fits your own narration Nintendork. It's not my problem that third party devs shits on Nintendo.
>>
>tfw you're not a jaded fuck who is unable to enjoy vidya
Feels good man.
>>

"he bought an xbone..."
>>
>>377750358
>http://gematsu.com/exclusives/

It's okay if you have to count on your fingers, I don't mind.
>>
>>377743813

Persona 5 is memorable. I fell for the Horizon Zero Dawn meme though. It's pretty generic. I suspect Zelda is memorable for the Switch but I haven't played it myself.
>>
>>377750450
I see plenty exclusives on new gen consoles. Have some source that last gen had more after 4 years?
>>
>>377747883
>the frequency of good game releases has gotten insultingly low.
I know 1998 is a bit of an anomaly, but its not just that year, right up until 2004ish every year looked like this, there was always a good handful of awesome games coming out every year
Something to understand is that the price of game development is booming, the A and AA market is mostly on 3DS and Vita, and now it looks like they're moving or testing the waters on Switch. Hell, look at the Japanese developer reasoning why they make games for Vita, it's because certain platforms need a certain amount of sales before they're seen as a success or they're even talked about. 3DS games aren't even seen as successful by the heads or developers unless they sell something like 500k minimum whereas on the Vita you can go as low as 5k and it's seen as a success both by the fanbase and investors. Same can apply to console development since there's more upfront costs to making a game there.

Squeenix is always doing stuff that costs a lot of money and time to make, Ubisoft, EA, and Konami spend tens of millions and are multiplat while barely taking risks and have massive teams to release their games so expecting exclusives from them is pretty nonsensical (Konami putting Bomberman on the Switch is the first time since Book of Shadows I think they've done an exclusive), Nintendo spreads out their content constantly and only has massive releases during console launch while also only doing it on their own system, and so on. Sega is like the only group that releases stuff on a regular basis either exclusively or occasionally multiplat (Usually Sonic). Everything else falls under indie territory or is never localized. This isn't like the 90's and early 00's anymore, your game isn't really seen as a success with only a couple hundred thousands sales or with shitty graphics.
>>
>>377750569
8th gen:
>Show only full exclusives

>Wii U has ~40 games, it's dead
>PS4 has ~35 games, about that many still coming, some with TBA release dates
>Xbone has 7 games

7th gen:
>Show only full exclusives

>PS3 has dozens
>360 has dozens
>No section for the Wii, but it also has dozens of exclusives
>Doesn't include anything that's no longer exclusive but was at the time of release, which would pad out the list even further

Add in digital-only games and the picture is still the same, 7th gen blows 8th gen the fuck out several times over. And before you say
>Well, 8th gen isn't over yet!
It also lists announced exclusives, we're not magically tripling the number of exclusives on each platform in the next couple years.
>>
>>377751059
7th gen lasted 8 years, this 4 so far.

Define "dozens". How many after 4 years?
>>
>Only exclusives matter
I"ve notice that only pc faggots like Op make these bullshit threads daily on here.
>>
Man the mental gymnastics that Nintendo drones have to do is fucking outstanding.
>>
>>377751519
>Only exclusives matter
When you already own a bunch of platforms, exclusives really do matter.
Why would I buy a game on PS4 if I already have a really good PC that can play the game as well?
>>
>>377751626
They still cannot recover after WiiU failure. One retard even justify it with 3DS ports.
>>
>>377751695
Why would I buy a game on PS3 if I already have a really good PS4 that can play the game as well?
>>
>>377751626
>>377751712
Why are you two so upset that someone doesn't want to buy a PS4 yet and/or liked their Wii U?

Some of us just don't like FIFA or "cinematic experiences", which drastically limits what the PS4 has to offer
>>
>>377751827
IT DOESNT FUCKING COUNT!
>>
>>377743998
How can people play the same shit over and over again?
>>
>>377751302
>http://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps3

>http://gematsu.com/exclusives/360

Only leave "Full" checked. I didn't count because I didn't feel like it, but there are dozens of games there on both platforms whereas there are a literal fraction listed for PS4 and Xbone.

Just because 7th gen lasted for a couple extra years doesn't mean 8th will though, you shouldn't operate under that assumption. I'm just looking at the number of games, that's it. Even if we assume the number doubles for every platform it's still well under what 7th gen had, even if 8th gen drags on for another decade PS4's list is the only one that's potentially getting bigger.

Xbone has seven exclusive games and isn't getting more, Wii U had 40-something exclusives and isn't getting more, PS4 might double its count. This absolutely pales in comparison to the, AGAIN , literal dozens and dozens of exclusive games 7th gen consoles had.
>>
>>377751851
Some of us like games and that limits what the Wii U can offer. Mainly because it had none.
>>
>>377751827
If you already own a PS4 I don't see any reason to get it on the PS3. But if you /don't/ own a PS4 yet and already own a PS3, then its not really a selling point for the new console is it?
>>
>>377751921
>Mainly because it had none.
It still has more exclusives than the other two consoles, and its been officially dead for months
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>377751898
>I didn't count because I didn't feel like it

So if you didn't count how can you say number is smaller. Are you retaded by any chance?
>>
>>377743813
Witcher was shit lol
>>
>>377751994
>If I count the HD Zelda remasters as Wii U exclusives, but don't count any PS4 remasters, then it means the Wii U had more games huehuehue
Fuck off.
>>
>>377751994
Such classics like devils third.
>>
>>377744221
it's an ACTION RPG fuckhead, of course it's action focused
>>
>>377751851
And some of us don't like rehashed Nintendo cartoons and prefer real games. Stop crying because someone point out autism in your logic.
>>
>>377744065
Halo 5 and Forza 3

Civ for the pc

Plenty of great multiplats like mgsv and DOOM

this gen's been great..
>>
File: Star Fox Zero.png (194KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero.png
194KB, 250x352px
>>377752080
Remember when Nintendo drones tried to defend pic related by telling people to git gud?
>>
>>377750372
I'm currently playing BotW, Star Fox Zero, DS3 and MH3U again. This has been the best gen for me since the dreamcast and ps2 era. Feels good man.
>>
>>377752343
>Star Fox Zero
opinion immediately discarded.
>>
>>377752317
There's nothing wrong with it. It's a great game.
>>
>>377752412
What's wrong with Star Fox Zero?
>>
>>377752463
>someone shit talks Knack or The Order
>PS4bros don't give a shit

>someone shit talks Star Fox or Paper Mario Color Splash
>akshually those are good
Nintendofags are the worst fanbase on /v/.
>>
>>377752463
Just like WiiU is great console. Please buy it.
>>
>>377752556
Terrible boss fights, barely any on-rails levels, stupid control scheme, obnoxious dialogue (USE YOUR MOTION CONTROLS MY SON)
>>
Japan is saving this gen

>Breath of the Wild
>Persona 5
>Yakuza 0
>Nier Automata
>Bloodborne/DaS3
>Nioh
>RE7
>Mario Odyssey soon

The west has produced nothing of value and the turks are about to give the death blow with Bannerlord
>>
>>377752560
Woah, maybe because knack and the Order are literally shit
>>
>>377752662
Just git gud you shitter and you'll see just how great it is.
>>
>>377751931
So same if I own PS4. There is no reason to get game on PC.
>>
PS4 and Xbone are last gen, we gen 9 now guys, get with the times
>>
>>377752834
Star Fox Zero and Paper Mario Color Splash are literally shit
>>
>>377752883
With Nintendo we are always gens ahead. Just wait 2 years and we will get SwitchU.
>>
>>377752896
But they're Nintendo games...
>>
>>377752648
It's not great but it does have the best games right now.
>>
>>377752991
yes it has classics like Devil's Turd, Paper Mario Color Trash and Star Fox Zero (copies sold)
>>
>>377752991
>it does have the best games right now.

No, it don't, PS4 has better games.
>>
>>377752017
360 has over 100

PS3 has over 200

Can't count the Wii since it's not there and I don't feel like finding numbers elsewhere. Have you been BTFO thoroughly enough now? PS3 alone has more exclusives than all three 8th gen platforms combined.

Even if we assume 8th gen carries on for 8 years, Wii U is already done and Xbone isn't getting anything else that's exclusive outside of first-party titles, and those not named Halo are still likely to go to PC. PS4 is not magically pulling hundreds of exclusive games out of its ass in the next few years.
>>
>>377752982
sorry but generations aren't based on hardware strength. Are you going to imply that something like GBA was 4th gen? Or DS was 5th?
The 3DS was the start of gen 8 and Switch is the start of gen 9
>>
>>377753069
What does the ps4 have that's better than BotW or Bayonetta?
>>
>>377753242
BOTW is a Switch game
>>
>>377753242
Disgae- oh..
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare:^)
>>
>>377753187
>360 has over 100
>PS3 has over 200

Source? I'm really curious of that 200 PS3 exclusives.
>>
>>377753242
Bloodborne and The Last of Us.
>>
>>377753464

>>377751898

It includes import-only games and some re-releases, but so does the list for PS4. Again, I'm only leaving the "full" button selected and counting the retail games.
>>
>>377753292
Then how am I playing it on my Wii U?
>>
>>377752206
>Halo 5
I love it when Halo is online-only and plays like my favorite shooter, Call of Duty!
>>
>>377753653
Enjoying that 12 FPS?
>>
File: xsmall.img.jpg (417KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xsmall.img.jpg
417KB, 1920x1080px
>>377751695
>spending +$800 just to enjoy playing games.

It's only people like you who make these stupid threads daily. Titanfall 2 runs good on consoles and looks nice on my ps4 pro. The multiplats ran very well on my og ps4 and I don't have unreasonable high standards to not enjoy my games. A game being an "exclusive" doesn't magically make it a great game. It's impossible to even talk about games in here when faggots like you exist to shit up threads like this.
>>
File: 1495270126584-tv.png (548KB, 491x474px) Image search: [Google]
1495270126584-tv.png
548KB, 491x474px
>>377753546
>The Last of Us.
>>
>>377743813
Duh

Producing games is too expensive these days for developers to take any risks.

Technological advancement will kill gaming.
>>
File: CS.png (175KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
CS.png
175KB, 250x357px
>>377753771
>its okay when Nintendo does cinematic games
>>
>>377753691
You realize that saying Mario Kart is better than Call of Duty is not a fact?
>>
>>377753709
It's OK.
>>
>>377753818
Nobody praises that shit though. It never even brought up.
>>
File: 1454873022495.png (763KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1454873022495.png
763KB, 800x800px
>>377753771
>Zelda:BOTW
>>
>>377753973
Lots of drones praise it. Lurk more Wii U threads
>>
>>377753742
>runs good on consoles and looks nice on my ps4 pro
>The multiplats ran very well on my og ps4
>It's impossible to even talk about games in here
Let's see, mentioning the product and how great it is, disparaging and dismissing any existing or potential criticism, trying to change the subject instead of addressing real complaints, any more bullshit straight out of the marketer's handbook?
>>
>>377747004
>it takes an entire gen to get what we used to get every year.
that's probably because games take more time and money than they used to.
>>
>>377754071
are people unironically praising that shit game? We really will never get the TTYD sequel.. fucking fanboy faggots
>>
>>377754278
Now that its been out awhile the contrarians are defending it
>>
>>377743813
I can dig Doom and the Xenoverse games, bout it. Everything else is a watered down followup to a previous franchise or just boring as fuck.
>>
>>377754201
Maybe they should make more than just huge spectacle games and make a few smaller more ambitious games once in a while
>>
>>377754397
Nintendo threads are shitshows anyway, nothing but shills and retards muddying up and polluting discussion while attempting to force a desired narrative
>>
>>377754201
And that's probably because the casual audience publishers cater to primarily want to buy photo-realistic, story-focused games, resulting in publishers being unwilling or afraid to deviate from that formula beyond pushing for alternate revenue sources like micro-purchases
>>
>>377744581
not memorable if its a clone
>>
>>377754680
>its a clone

No, just because game is spiritual successor or sequel it's not a clone. Stop using autistic buzzwords.
>>
>>377754096
Am not a marketer or any sort of shill. I don't even care about most of ps4's exclusives unlike fanboys, idorts and pc gamers. I bought a ps4 because most of the game I liked and was interested in weren't being made ps3 anymore. Your obsession over owning all platforms only hurts you and doesn't make better than pc only gamers or ps4 and xbox only gamers.
>>
>>377754096
>marketer

He only stated that he don't want to pay 800$ for games he already have on his console. Why are you so mad?
>>
File: 1459082187865.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1459082187865.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>377749660
>weeb trash isn't even big in Japan
>>
>>377755398
PS4 and Xbone run the same games I can already play on PC, why would I want them?

That's the point, they're not worth owning anymore. They're just shitty PCs for people who either can't afford one, which is reasonable, or are too lazy to use one, they don't offer much of an advantage in terms of software or convenience anymore.
>>
>>377755748
PC runs the same games I can already play on my PS4. Why would I want it?
>>
>>377755748
>PS4 and Xbone run the same games I can already play on PC

PC runs Bloodborne and Persona 5? Wow.
>>
File: Yakuza thumbs.gif (764KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza thumbs.gif
764KB, 500x281px
>>377743813
Oh you must be a PCfrien-

>thank fuck for Witcher
>Stalker
>and indie games
yup.

Always the most sad and jaded group of people
>>
>>377755829
Because it runs them better, is backward compatible, playing online doesn't cost anything extra, has a wide range of peripheral support, etc.

Consoles used to offer things a PC couldn't, like lots of exclusive games, local multiplayer/co-op and ease of use, but they're losing those advantages and are slowly becoming budget PCs without many of the advantages of either a console or a PC.
>>
>>377755985
Maybe he was talking about PC? PC don't have gens but really there was no memorable PC games this console gen.
>>
>>377743998
Those are basically the same games as last gen except Splatoon.
>>
File: ED-NOPE.webm (2MB, 1440x860px) Image search: [Google]
ED-NOPE.webm
2MB, 1440x860px
>>377756094
But there are. PC gets at least 1 console port per year, meaning that there are at least 3 games already. Let me see.... EDF4.1 from last year (AFAIK), and Nier Automata this year.

Sure he's missing out on 95% of good current gen games but still there ARE a handful of good ones from these past 3 years even on PC.
>>
>>377749660
It's almost like one of these isn't a shit AAA multiplat calender year rehash.
>>
>>377756082
Damn, so if I own PS3 there is no point of getting PS4 version that run game better. But if I own PS4 I should get PC to run game better? You sound like drone, that makes no sense, you realize that?

>Consoles used to offer things a PC couldn't, like lots of exclusive games, local multiplayer/co-op and ease of use
They still have every of that.
>>
>>377756094
ahuehue
>>
This gen is starting to become one of the better gens as of 2017 desu
>>
>>377756082
>Because it runs them better
As long as you spend enough money for a rig that can. And even then, PC gets more shit ports than consoles do.
>backward compatible
Not with everything. And emulators run on other devices, some more convenient than PC (like PSP)

Consoles still have the physical media advantage, and when they pay for shit like ps plus and Xbox gold, they get their money's worth tenfold by the end of the year if they play the (((free))) games.
PS4, Xbone, and Switch might be underpowered, but they're perfectly viable choices for someone that doesn't care about maximizing resolution
>>
>>377752072
Sony games are shit though. Isnt only 1 Sony exclusive even alive anymore?
>>
>>377756389
A PS4 will play PS4 games and has a handful of re-releases from older PlayStation consoles.

A PC will play most of those PS4 games and lots of games that were on PS3, PS2 and other consoles. It's also, you know, a computer.

>They still have every of that.
Local multiplayer and co-op is missing from many notable franchises, including some that used to have it. Consoles require huge patches and updates, many games require the internet to function or play, publishers often use online connectivity as a crutch and ship unfinished games with the "patch it later" mentality and as this thread already conclusively proved exclusive software is also dwindling.
>>
>>377743813

Spoken like someone who isn't paying any fucking attention to what's out.

I'm right now playing Nier Automata and Persona 5. Both will be talked about in 10 years, 15 years, 20 years. Millions of casuals are playing things like Overwatch, they will remember it for decades to come. Memorable games are all over the fucking place, dozens of them.
>>
>>377752113
>open world adventure with RPG elements #22450

Haha, sorry but I already played that before
>>
>>377756517
>One good year out of five
lolno
>>
>>377756836
No, they got completely frozen and people stopped buying them completely Nintendidloer
>>
>>377756906
>Both will be talked about in 10 years, 15 years, 20 years
They're good games but I wouldn't say this about them more so than any other popular Japanese game.

>Millions of casuals are playing things like Overwatch
And that's fucking awful, it's a mobile game in disguise. Millions of people are just being conditioned to buy loot boxes. The game made half a billion dollars and Blizzard has done relatively little with it, it exists to make money through micro-purchases.
>>
File: 20170516_015534.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_015534.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>377755748
>they are shitty pc's
There consoles not computers you stupid faggot. If I have a powerful console then why do need to spend money to buy a more powerful computer to play video games. It looks like your standards are way high to the point were you have a very limited taste and enjoyment in games. Kinda feel sorry you take this shit too serious.
>>
>>377756836
>Sony games are shit though
Are they?
I played Gravity Rush 2 recently and it was much more fun than all the Wii U games from 2016.
>>
>>377756706
>As long as you spend enough money for a rig that can

That's the beauty of it though, if you do spend more money on a more powerful system you have full control of how that power is put to use.

If you buy a PS4 Pro you don't get to think "Ok Ill keep the graphics the same and push for 60fps" or "I'll turn the graphic quality up to keep the same resolution/framerate". You pray that the developer issued a "Pro patch", but even then you'll be dictated to by the developer how your pro systems power is spent. If no such patch is issued you can only put that power to hitting the target framerate more reliably.
>>
>>377756870
>A PC will play most of those PS4 games and lots of games that were on PS3, PS2 and other consoles. It's also, you know, a computer.
Well yeah, but I don't need new gaming PC to play them. I can play them all on my old consoles.
>Local multiplayer and co-op is missing from many notable franchise
Like?
>Consoles require huge patches and updates
It's hardly inconvenient, everything is automatic. Also you can use console anytime you want offline.
> this thread already conclusively proved exclusive software is also dwindling.
Where? Are you the same retard who said last gen got more exclusives but when I asked for source number he just said dozen?
>>
File: 1494251063852s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494251063852s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>377756927
>jump on platforms
>stomp on Goombas
>collect coins
Yeah man, I've been doing these since 1985 too! It never gets tiring, amiright? Haha.
>>
>>377757140
>ur standards are just too high!

No, the 8th gen consoles just fucking suck.

I own all three 7th gen consoles. I own a PS2, GC and Xbox. I owned an N64 and a PS1. I owned an SNES and a Genesis/Mega Drive. They were all worth owning because they all had games I wanted.

I don't own a PS4 or Xbone because they have a grand total of four games between them that I can't play on something I already own.
>>
>>377756927
>game where you have to press buttons to make something happen

Haha, sorry but I already played your favorite shitty game before.
>>
>>377757196
>single player

Enjoy your alone time :)))))))))))

Rocket league, FIFA/Madden, Kart, or Smash are all better games . Literally nobody buys a Sony console because they want Sony developed games.
>>
File: 1488658614189.jpg (576KB, 2000x2020px) Image search: [Google]
1488658614189.jpg
576KB, 2000x2020px
>>377757140
>consoles
>powerful
pick one
>>
>>377757554
What is even your point? You think single player games are inherently bad?
>>
>>377743813
is depression what PCfags play everyday ?

what a sad system
>>
>>377745462
>Switch is "next gen"

nintenbros actually believe this.
>>
>>377757341
Titanfall doesn't have it, Destiny doesn't have it, Halo dropped it for 5, Battlefield/front don't have it, Overwatch doesn't have it, even Splatoon was limited to a shitty 1-on-1 mode for local play. Most popular shooters that aren't Call of Duty are missing local play.
>>
File: 1466349007963.jpg (2MB, 2638x1377px) Image search: [Google]
1466349007963.jpg
2MB, 2638x1377px
>>377757557
>PC
>not PitifulCucks machine
pick one
>>
File: 1473213446527.png (870KB, 1996x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1473213446527.png
870KB, 1996x1096px
>200 posts in
>Barely any mention of the best game of the generation ITT
>>
>>377757716
>Overwatch
>franchise
Those games never had local co op to begin with aside of Halo. What about RE games that got local co op? What about fighting games? Sports games, racing games?
>>
>>377757404
That actually does sound fun. "Push X" simulators are boring and overdone. Probably why they sell poorly :))))))))))))
>>
File: 1492264303999.png (39KB, 253x282px) Image search: [Google]
1492264303999.png
39KB, 253x282px
>>377757554
>Cowadoody/BF/CSGO/DOTA2/Overwatch/etc.
>competitive multiplayer are cancerous and only for shitty dudebros!
>proceed to play Splatoon and MK8

Can someone please explain this shit?
>>
>>377757557
>Forza
>Arma

They are getting desperate.
>>
>>377757341
>Where? Are you the same retard who said last gen got more exclusives but when I asked for source number he just said dozen?
Can you not fucking read, you simpering shitwit?

>>377753187

They have hundreds, 8th gen doesn't even have 100 total between all three platforms.

>It's hardly inconvenient, everything is automatic
Not an argument, it is inconvenient when the alternative was not having to do anything. Played some MCC with a friend last week, for example, and we had to wait a good two hours for the game to download its updates and install before playing. Don't remember this shit when Halo 2 came out, I just popped it in and fucking played.
>>
>>377757431
>because they have a grand total of four games between them that I can't play on something I already own.
Horseshit. What about Bloodborne, Driveclub, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Tearaway (No, the Vita version is not the same, PS4 version has massively different levels and extended old ones, completely different gimmicks, a completely different story, etc), Uncharted 4, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 for 0.2, Knack, The Last Guardian, inFamous Second Son and First Light, Gravity Rush 2, Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin and Yakuza 0 (Unless you're going to be a semantic asshole and say they have PS3 versions that are Japan only), Yakuza Kiwami, and Yakuza 6? Hell, we even have Kingdom Hearts 3 and Spider-man in the future.

How about Halo 5 even if it was a mess? Sunset Overdrive? Gears of War 4? Killer Instinct? Crackdown? Scalebound if it ever happens because the trademark was updated?

For me a new console is 5-7 games I want to buy. Sure, if you don't want these games that's fine, but there are games there that you clearly are ignoring and have massively high standards if you can't pick out at least 5 games for the system while ignoring multiplats. I mean, on the Xbone it's way easier but not for the PS4, for that you're just blocking your ears and saying it's shit. Even the Switch has enough games for me to warrant buying it and most people consider it barebones.
>>
>>377758129
No, I can't. You pulled number out of your ass.

>not an argument

Proving that something is convenient is not argument against incovenience? How do you expect to get online features with no updates?

>Played some MCC with a friend last week, for example, and we had to wait a good two hours for the game to download its updates and install before playing

Every non retared person would update game earlier while playing different one. It's not that hard unless you are mentally challenged.
>>
>>377757657
Inherently less fun.
>>
>>377757404
Last of us: Just shoot shit and enjoy your movie
Bloodborne: Kill monsters and win
Any fps: Shoot and win

See how retarded you look when you simplify any game
>>
>>377757978
>its okay because its a new IP
Why shouldn't a console shooter have local MP? No, its not okay just because it starts out never having it in the first place that's, the problem, that it doesn't have it and easily could. The new RE doesn't have co-op at all, online or offline, I know some recent racing games don't have splitscreen like Project Cars or Driveclub. Nintendo still cares about local play but even Splatoon had shitty local modes.
>>
>>377757716
>cod is 2 player only splitscreen because muh graphics, 4 player has been removed for years
no wonder people have been turning against it more and more each year
>>
>>377758038
Multiplayer sells because it's fun.
>>
>>377758481
by your logic BOTW is less fun than Madden.
You're retarded.
>>
>>377758497
>what is irony

Read again post he was replying to you idiot.
>>
>>377758415
>No, I can't. You pulled number out of your ass.
This is easily the third or fourth time I've linked this to you, you blathering moron.

>http://gematsu.com/exclusives/
>Pick platform
>Only leave "Full" checked
>Fucking count the retail exclusive games, like the first three fucking times I told you to

PS3 has over 200, 360 over 100, Wii U has 42, PS4 has 35 and Xbone has fucking 7. That's right, 7 exclusive retail games. But no, you're TOTALLY right! Exclusives aren't becoming increasingly less common and PS4 is going to catch up to all three 7th gen console totals in the next four years!
>>
File: 16445_Until_Down_05.jpg (81KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
16445_Until_Down_05.jpg
81KB, 1024x576px
>>377757557
I was playing some until dawn and doom yesterday and the graphics were pretty amazing. The order, batman arkham knight and horizon zd still look like best graphically impressive ps4 games imo.
>>377757431
I don't get if consoles have the games you want which are mostly multiplats since there on steam then why are you complaining like 9 year old twat. Just stick to being a pc gamer and stop crying like a little bitch. Even if console had exclusives, you never buy them because your pc gamer at heart and have developed stupid standards like the rest of them. I'll go back to enjoy so games on I'm currently playing while you sit here own a weeb board cry and make more pro pc platform war threads.
>>
>>377758690
Well I've logged over 40 days playing all the Maddens through current year so yeah. I love multiplayer games. Shame that this fact makes rocket league the only good game on my PS4 :))))))))))))
>>
>>377758839
>HURR DURR why are you lamenting the fact that products you used to buy and enjoy are not longer worth buying because they now lack what made them enjoyable?
>DURR ur standards are too high even tough you're said repeatedly you want to buy consoles!

Gee, as far as melon-scratchers go that one sure is a honey-doodle!

I'm complaining because these consoles suck and consoles used to not suck.
>>
>>377758924
>Well I've logged over 40 days playing all the Maddens through current year
so you just have shit taste then
>>
>>377758792
>This is easily the third or fourth time I've linked this to you

Where is this number written there you imbecile? You can clearly see at first sight that PS3 don't have 200 full exclusives and you are baiting. Why are you comparing 8 years to 4 years you cretin?
>>
>>377758690
All open world games are less fun than non open world games. BotW was the worst gaming purchase I've made in years.
>>
>>377759174
>>377758924
some SERIOUS shit taste in this thread, buy Disgaea tonight fuckboi
>>
>>377759174
So is Bayonetta 1 and 2 less fun than CoD? I mean, they ARE single player games.
>>
>>377759101
>Where is this number written there you imbecile?
I fucking counted them, you shit-eating dicklicker. PS3 has a little over 200 exclusive full-retail games, 360 has slightly over 100 full-retail exclusive games. It's not an article, it's just a fucking list of exclusive games for those consoles.

I'll give you these very simple instructions, yet again:
>Pick platform
>Only leave "Full" checked
>Fucking count the retail exclusive games, like the first FOUR fucking times I told you to
>>
>>377759430
>I fucking counted them

Looks like you apparently can't count then. Please go back to elementary school, return and argue about numbers ok?
>>
File: 1495283087146m.jpg (307KB, 823x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495283087146m.jpg
307KB, 823x1024px
>>377751851
>PS4
>can play AAA multiplats
>gets tonnes of exclusives
>wide selection of genres; RPG, JRPG, ARPG, sports, racing, fighting, shooter, competitive MP, indieshit, action adventure, etc.

>Switch/WiiU
>no AAA multiplat
>Mario rehashes, Mario spinoff rehashes, Zelda rehashes, Zelda HD rehashes, Nintenkiddy rehashes, wagglin' shit, babbyshit, shovelwares, 5-year-old indieshit, multiplats ported from PS3/X360, etc.

And some of us aren't manchildren or Nintentards who are satisfied with just playing Mario, Zelda, and other Nintentūrds for the rest of their lives. We just want to play real games instead.
>>
File: 20170522_204704.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_204704.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
> nah mate your just faggot who can't enjoy console gaming like you use to. Consoles get more advanced each generation and gained new features and technical specs enhancements. I done talking with you since your just a boring pc shitposting faggot like the rest of them on this board.
>>
>>377759776
They will hide behind PC by saying you should play multiplats on PC, but somehow PS3 multiplats like TLOU or Persona 5 don't count on PS4.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (93KB, 282x800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
93KB, 282x800px
>>377759565
No, those numbers are accurate.
Count the number of full-retail exclusives (colored RED) and you will come up with slightly more than 200 games for PS3 and slightly more than 100 games for 360.

Here's PS4's list of full-retail exclusives
>>
>>377759937
>Have a PS3

>Buy new machine that will play PS4 games
or
>Buy new machine that will play 95% of PS4s library in addition to being backward compatible and having access to 1000's of other games
>>
>>377759885
>Consoles get more advanced each generation and gained new features
And lost old ones
>>
>>377759997
Not really since within couple of seconds I found PS3 "exclusives" being actually multiplats released on PS4. Also again, you compare 8 years to 4 which makes your whole point broken.
>>
>current gen
>post Wii U

Why are you posting a dead system for? You DID say current gen didn't you?
>>
>>377760261
>lost old ones

Like?
>>
>>377760348
splitscreen

>Consoles get more powerful
>Can't even do the same shit they did 15 years ago
Sad.
>>
>>377760460
>splitscreen

No, still exist. Played RE:Revelation with my friend lately.
>>
>>377760164
>Buy new machine that will play PS4 games
>and PS3 games

Seems good to me.

>1000s other games

That I can play on 200$ tablet.
>>
>>377760262
>Not really since within couple of seconds I found PS3 "exclusives" being actually multiplats released on PS4
And, guess what, the PS4 list does too, you goddamned retard. I see the Uncharted collection, Kingdom Hearts and Killzone remasters listed for PS4 too, removing them just strengthens my argument.

>Also again, you compare 8 years to 4 which makes your whole point broken.
No, it doesn't, and I explained this to you already too, you fucking moron.

Wii U isn't getting anymore games at all, let alone exclusives. Xbone has 7 exclusives and also isn't getting more. That's fewer than 50 full-retail exclusives between them, and the Wii U list also includes games like the Zelda remasters and Woolly World which has since been ported to 3DS.

PS4 so far has another good 30 or so full-retail exclusives announced, but lots don't even have release dates. The PS4 not getting another 200-300 exclusive games. It doesn't matter if it keeps getting games for four more years, it'll be the only one getting exclusives and will not come anywhere close to making up that massive gap.
>>
>>377760569
Its getting cut a lot mire often, I had tons pf games to choose from last gen but not nearly as much this gen unless I want to play sports games or random indie titles that were also probably on last-gen consoles.
>>
>>377760914
>And, guess what, the PS4 list does too, you goddamned retard. I see the Uncharted collection, Kingdom Hearts and Killzone remasters listed for PS4 too, removing them just strengthens my argument.

No, it makes your whole argument even more retarded because you can't count propely number of full exclusives from any system on this list you fucking autist.
>comparing 4 years to 8 is ok because I said so

Jesus Christ, you need medical help.
>>
File: naruto4832908.jpg (125KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
naruto4832908.jpg
125KB, 850x480px
>>377760460
Online took over add many comfy features to engage with people. Online coop is now a thing. Splitscreen was limited and had alot of restrictions unlike online coop. The naruto storm 4 game has local 2 player mode so stfu idiot.
>>
>>377761049
So don't say it can't. Developers just don't do this because it's outdated concept. Less people want to play on half screen.
>>
>>377761180
>Consoles are getting fewer exclusvie games
>"LOL nu-uh!"
>Yes, here's my source
>"There's no NUMBER printed here! I have to actually COUNT them myself!?"
>There's 200+ for PS3 and 100+ for 360
>"LOL nu-uh!"

This is how this discussion went. I gave you numbers and a source, you proceeded to ignore them like a moron.

Wii U isn't getting any mote games period, Xbone has no upcoming officially-announced exclusive games. That leaves the PS4 with a gap of a good 220 or more (remember we're not been counting Wii exclusives) to make up for to reach 7th gen totals. It so far has about 35 full-retail exclusives with maybe 30 more announced.

Sorry, your argument that we haven't waited the full 8 years 7th gen lasted doesn't really poke any holes in my argument because, as the facts plainly state, we cannot expect PS4 to make up that MASSIVE 220 game gap when its taken it four years to get those first 35 full-retail exclusives.
>>
>>377761308
>Developers just don't do this because it's outdated concept
Why is it outdated?

No, local multiplayer is not outdated just because we can play online too, there's no reason we can't have both. Publishers aren't including it because they either want to cut on development costs are feel it leads to more micro-purchases and/or DLC sales. Of course the consoles are capable of it, its whether or not the publisher wants it there.
>>
>>377761701
>This is how this discussion went

No, discussion went with you providing exclusives that are actually multiplats.
Another of your brilliant argument is that PS4 will get less exclusives per whole life cycle with source being your anus.

How long are you going to make laughing stock of yourself?
>>
>>377761849
>No, local multiplayer is not outdated

I said splitscreen is outdated not local multiplayer. You have problem with reading? I can play Tekken, GGXrd, FIFA, Gran Turismo local.
>>
>>377755959
>PC runs Bloodborne and Persona 5? Wow.
No Bloodborne yet, but it can already play the first 3 souls games, and you can also play Persona 5 through a PS3 emulator
>>
>>377762223
3 Souls games are not Bloodborne, you can't play Persona 5 through emulator, it's unplayable and no one finished it on PC. Stop baiting.
>>
>>377762021
How long are you going to keep denying simple numbers and facts?

8th gen has far fewer exclusives than 7th gen, this is a fact and it will not change because, AGAIN, you fucking moron, PS4 is not going to get another TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY full-retail exclusive games, and even then it STILL has to make up for however many the Wii had too.

>No, discussion went with you providing exclusives that are actually multiplats.
PS4s list has them too, AGAIN this just makes my argument stronger, because it means fewer PS4 exclusives, you shitshuffler.

>7th gen full-retail exclusives: 310+ whatever is on the Wii
>8th gen full-retail exclusives: 86 across all platforms, two of which are done getting exclusives
But nope, I'm wrong, 86 is the bigger number, right?
>>
>>377743998
Mario and Smash are Nintendo COD and fifa.
>>
File: P5Battle.jpg (196KB, 1282x752px) Image search: [Google]
P5Battle.jpg
196KB, 1282x752px
>>377762463
>you can't play Persona 5 through emulator, it's unplayable and no one finished it on PC. Stop baiting.
Runs about 20-30FPS so far, so its on par with PS4
>>
>>377762817
The only real difference is that all of those Mario games are completely different and only get one installment per console, while all of those CoD and FIFA games are the same shit that get new releases every year
>>
>>377762195
Then why has LAN been cut from most console games too? Oh, right, because Sony and MS need to sell those subscriptions.

Playing with someone sitting next to you is not outdated.
>>
>>377762641
>, PS4 is not going to get another TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY full-retail exclusive games

PS3 never had 200 EXCLUSIVES you fucking autist. Check list again, it's far less and many of them are MULTIPLATS. How many times do I have to repeat it for your empty skull? Also stop using your autistic predictions out of ass as argument.
>>
>>377743998
>its ok when Nintendo does it, the post
>>
>>377762817
>6 Call of Duty games between Smash 3 and Smash 4

Yeah, totally the same thing.
>>
>>377762824
It runs about 10fps and with less speed only short segment. Full game is unplayable. PS4 don't run at 20fps. You are getting more retarded.
>>
>>377747004
Those are all subjective opinions. When a faggot comes on this board lamenting, "THIS GEN HAS NOTHING TO OFFER. HOW WILL VIDYA SURVIVE THIS AWFUL GEN? THOSE GAMES YOU LISTED DON'T COUNT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THEM"

Those games you just shit on are legitimate reasons for other people to own that platform. If you don't like them then that's your problem. Stop being cynical and maybe you'll start actually enjoying video games again.
>>
>>377749660
Yes, Japan, as seen above.
>>
>>377763212
>Stop being cynical and maybe you'll start actually enjoying video games again.
Those games don't interest me because they don't look like fun games, not because I'm too cynical to enjoy anything. I'm sure some people think they look awesome, but lots of people love Transformers movies as well, but I can still call those garbage and say "there are no good movies coming out anymore, I wish I had a reason to go to the theater again"
>>
>>377762887
>Consoles
>LAN

Are you retarded or pretending? When I had to buy 2 consoles and 2 tv to play local multi? This is not PC.
>>
>>377762934
SO

DOES

PS4

YOU FUCKING MORON

If half the PS3 list doesn't count then half the PS4 list also doesn't count. Oh, look, my argument doesn't change, as PS3 still has DOZENS more exclusives than PS4, and PS4 has a whopping 20 full-retail exclusive games.

>Also stop using your autistic predictions out of ass as argument.

Predicting that the PS4 will not amass another 200+ full-retail exclusive games in four years when it got ~35 in these first four years is very realistic and reasonable.

Are you done doing these mental gymnastics to try to convince yourself that 8th gen isn't lacking in exclusive software when the simple, publicly available facts and numbers say you're 100% fucking wrong?
>>
>>377763349
>Those games don't interest me because they don't look like fun games

And we should care about your own special taste because?
>>
>>377744581
I literally just played it for the first time two weeks ago, beat it a week ago and I have no desire to replay and not to much memory of it. It's a 7/10 at best.
>>
>>377763365
>When I had to buy 2 consoles and 2 tv to play local multi?
Well, 8th gen, because so much shit is online-only, for one :^)

360, PS3 and the original XB supported LAN, a couple GC games did as well, and there may be more I'm leaving out. If splitscreen is so outdated, why don't they let us play over LAN? The consoles are more than capable.
>>
>>377763458
Because thats what I was talking about in my original post.
Its not my fault you retards keep taking clearly subjective statements as if they're objective.
>>
>>377763483
>It's a 7/10 at best.
Its the only exclusive the PS4 had that was worth playing for like 4 years, at this point its just a meme
>>
>>377763458
By that logic why should anyone listen to your opinion that it is fun?
>>
>>377763664
We only have one scale and adjust our experiences to fit.

If all you have is one game and shit tier AAA multiplats, the game must be GOAT.
>>
>>377763429
>SO
>DOES
>PS4

So what you fucking autistic autist?

>my argument dosen't change

Your argument is broken because you can't use list that has multiplats counted as exclusives on both sides so you won't be able to compare them. Is it really so fucking hard to comprehend? My god someone dropped you after birth?

>Predicting that the PS4 will not amass another 200+ full-retail exclusive games in four years when it got ~35 in these first four years is very realistic and reasonable

Why PS4 need 200 exclusives to exceed PS3 number when PS3 never had 200 exclusives to begin with you mongolid? Read again what I said.
>>
>>377763349
>Those games don't interest me because they don't look like fun games
Then don't buy the console. I'm not here to sell you on a PS4. I didn't even need to read the rest of your post.

What about this jrpg?
>OH THAT'S WEEBSHIT IT DOESN'T COUNT!
What about this Soulsgame?
>OH ITS JUST A SOULS CLONE IT DOESN'T COUNT!
What about this 3rd person action adventure?
>OH MOVIE GAME DOESN'T COUNT!

Sony could go through entire genres and it wouldn't satisfy you. So why even bother?
>>
>>377763604
>Well, 8th gen, because so much shit is online-only, for one :^)

Nope, just played GG:Xrd with my friend.

360, PS3 and the original XB supported LAN

So does PS4 then.
>>
>>377763679
No, who are you quoting? Your ass?
>>
>>377755695
dude old salarymen still play fucking virtua fighter all day. blazblue and guilty gear cabinets are always full. all of the boys play gundam and all of the girls play some anime battleship shit.

dont kid yourself into thinking the japs dont like weebshit.
>>
File: 20170522_214131.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_214131.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>377763349
You my friend are a definition of a pure manchildren and have this stupid entitlement mentality. Your taste is very limited if you can't find any game to play on a ps4 or xbox one. There are over 400+ games that have been released this gen and you can't even find one game that is fun to play? Its obvious that your too depressed to enjoy playing games anymore on consoles . Go see a psychologist you depressed moron.
>>
>bloodborne
>d44m
>mgsv
>undertale
>persona 5
>nier automata
>overwatch
>botw

hmm im sure noone will remember those hmmmmm
>>
>>377763929
According to co-optimus PS4 has 20 games that support LAN, Xbone has 17. PS4 has 43 games that support splitscreen for two players, 19 that support four players. Xbone has 35 games that support splitscreen for two players, 17 that support four players. There's really not a whole lot.
>>
>>377764259
>Your taste is very limited if you can't find any game to play on a ps4 or xbox one.
Wow, you still don't get it.

You can play 95% of those on PC. This wasn't the case before, older consoles had more exclusive software. That's why these new consoles suck, there's too much overlap and too little exclusive content.
>>
>>377763885
You're just having a conversation with yourself aren't you?
You're intentionally misinterpreting my posts, then pretending I'm some kind of comical villain and acting as if you're some sort of zen master that knows the truths.

Maybe I've just played a lot of action adventure games and great writing doesn't make up for uninspired and bland gameplay

Maybe I've already played 4 Souls games and the idea of a new one doesn't really interest me enough to the point where I would buy an entirely new console to play a 5th (even though I already mentioned previously that I think it looks fun and I'll buy it if I get a PS4 in the future, same with Yakuza 0)

Also, its very rare that JRPGs are actually good and I burned myself out on them forever in the 90s. But yeah, you might have me there, I never said "OH THATS WEEBSHIT", but thinly veiled otaku fanservice isn't a positive for me, so a bunch of giant anime tiddies and panty shots doesn't help me ignore bland gameplay, and sometimes it even makes great games a little less enjoyable because they have these weird fetish pandering art directions tacked on (ie: Etrian Odyssey)

I'm not just discrediting these games because I'm cynical, I'm saying I'm not interested because I've played enough games in my life to know when something isn't going to have deep enough gameplay for me. I guess its great for some people that games are being streamlined and made to "appeal to a wider audience", since more and more people get to play games and have fun.

However, for people like me its really not a benefit. I'm sure execs at Sony are stoked that they're seeing record profits or getting more sales, but for someone like me that has been playing/buying games for over 20 years, less and less games appeal to me or cater to my tastes. I'm not going to start playing and buying games I don't like just because they're new. I feel like as a consumer I should be able to say "I think this looks boring and I don't want to play it"
>>
>>377764378
Lack of splitscreen or LAN =/= lack of local multi. Personally I prefer multi on one full screen. It's more comfy and convenient.
>>
>>377764538
>You can play 95% of those on PC

Where did you get that number from? Consoles are getting massive amount of exclusives. This year for example is constant stream of PlayStation exclusives that are not on PC. I understand why PClowns are so butthurt about and trying to deny reality with threads like this. I think RDR2 not being announced on PC today was direct reason of this thread. It's defense mechanism.
>>
>>377764716
Either way these consoles have less of it, with some notable and big franchises either cutting it or not having it in the first place when it could have easily been there. If games like For Honor, Titanfall or Halo 5 had local play I might have had a reason to buy a console, I have friends that would play these locally.
>>
>>377764259
>You my friend are a definition of a pure manchildren and have this stupid entitlement mentality. Your taste is very limited if you can't find any game to play on a ps4 or xbox one.

PS4 has Bloodborne and Yakuza 0 so far, nothing else really looks that great to me and/or isn't even out yet.

Xbone has Rare Replay which is just a bunch of ports, and I guess I'd be down to play the Gears of War remaster some day, but its not worth buying a console for, I was also looking forward to Scalebound and Crackdown 2, but neither of those are actually happening.

I'm sure there are lots of other games that are available on the consoles that I would like, but if I can already play them on my PC (which is stronger than either console), why would I consider that a selling point? Why would I ever sit down and think "you know what, sure I could play all but 2 of these games on my PC, but I'd much rather spend $400 to get a console that can play them at a worse framerate without mods and a paywall for the internet!"

I have nothing against the PS4 or Xbone, but as of right now, neither of them has enough exclusives for me to want them. The Wii U does, the 3DS does, the PC always has shitloads of exclusive games, and I've even been considering a Vita. The PS4 and Xbone just simply don't have enough exclusives for me to care yet. I'm sure multiplats are awesome if you only get one platform each gen, because in that case you had no other way to play shit like Witcher 3 or Overwatch or whatever anyway. However, for anyone that already has a PC, multiplats are fucking pointless.
>>
>>377764974
>Consoles are getting massive amount of exclusives
We've been over this, PS4 has about 35 full-retail exclusives and Xbone has fucking 7. Consoles are getting fewer exclusives than they used to get.
>>
>>377764974
>This year for example is constant stream of PlayStation exclusives that are not on PC.
I wouldn't call it a "constant stream", but I am glad to see that after 4 years the PS4 is finally starting to get some games. I really don't understand how people weren't more pissed off about the console up until now, aside from multiplats it hasn't had anything
>>
>>377765169
>I really don't understand how people weren't more pissed off about the console up until now
Because they've been conditioned to like it, aggressive marketing sells games now, not actual content. Overwatch was a $60 F2P shooter modeled after mobile games and it made $565 million in 2016 alone, this is where games are headed.
>>
>>377764690.
Oh so you're the, "I'm a true patrician gamer and I see vidya in the same way I see fine wine."

I don't see anyone having that issue. If anything I see the complete opposite. More people are pushing Microsoft to release more varied exclusives in their library. And Nintendo is pushing for the same 3rd party Japanese titles that are present on Sony's platform.

Those are all good things.
>>
>>377765041
Not really, many franchises actually even gets local co op. Resident Evil, Bayonetta, Diablo has local co op only on consoles, Alienation, Little Big Planet, fighting games, sports games. Couch local gameplay is beauty of consoles.
>>
>>377765153
Infamous SS, Disgaea 5, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Spiderman, Nioh, GoW, Horizon, RDR2, FFXV, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2. I can't think of such many exclusives in first 4 years of PS3. You are objectively incorrect.
>>
>>377765348
>Oh so you're the, "I'm a true patrician gamer and I see vidya in the same way I see fine wine."
No I'm the "I've played so many games before, I don't want to spend $100 for an 8 hour game that is just kind of a watered down version of games I've played before but with better graphics"

I'm not being a snob, I'm just not going to waste my money on games that don't look that fun.

People that hate Oblivion or Skyrim aren't being snobs, they've just played enough WRPGs that they expected more and were let down, while on the other hand, the people that love Oblivion and Skyrim either haven't played that many WRPGs or one of those two games were one of their first experiences with the genre.

Experience is the biggest factor. I'm sure some kid out there fucking loves Uncharted and thinks its one of the best games ever, but to me its just a kinda clunky platformer thats trying to be like Tomb Raider/Prince of Persia with janky gunplay, but they mask the uninspired and arguably lazy gameplay with awesome writing and really charming characters. I really do think the writing and characters in Uncharted are great too, really charming stuff. However, that doesn't make it fun to play. The game itself is boring, regardless of how much fun the characters are when they chat with each other.
If I wanted to listen to charming people chat, I could just listen to a podcast or watch a movie or some shit, I'm not going to spend $100 to buy a game that isn't fun to play just because it has some charming writing or cool vistas/set pieces.
>>
>>377765672
Most of those aren't exclusives though you knob, and some of them aren't even out yet
>>
>>377765396
Nintendo is always good on local play, but Bayonetta doesn't have it, it has online co-op, which is still neat. The last RE didn't have co-op at all. Diablo III has it but all of Blizzard's other recent games have been online-only. A fighting game without local play wouldn't sell at all, I think that's probably the only genre that's effectively immune to the online-only cancer, but even then games like For Honor wound up being online-only. These consoles just have less local play, and that's bad, because as you said it's the beauty of a console. Wii U was the best one for it and I own one for that reason.
>>
>>377743813
RDR2 won't be on PC. Deal with it and stop getting mad.
>>
>>377765826
Every single one of those are console exclusives. Calm down your asshurt.
>>
>>377743813
So make some then
>>
>>377765672
Disgea 5, Persona 5, RDR2 and FFXV are not exclusive. Spiderman and GoW aren't out yet.
>>
>>377764538
So console sucks because now to you because devs decided port games to pc to try an earn extra money?
> muh exclusives only matter

It's only pc faggots like you that make these console/platform war threads.

>>377765079
If you already have your pc as your favourite platform of choice then stfu already. Nothing will convince you gaben ass to buy a console. Consoles aren't designed for depressed assholes like you.
>>
>>377765953
They are on PC? Spiderman and GoW are already announced.
>>
>>377765672
>The Last Guardian
>Gravity Rush 2
>Horizon
>Nioh
>Infamous SS
>Uncharted 4
>Bloodborne
>Disgaea 5 - Not Exclusive
>Persona 5 - Not Exclusive
>Spiderman - Not Released
>GoW - Not Released
>RDR2 - Not Released or Exclusive
>FFXV - Not Exclusive

Also the PS3 was fucking awful for exclusives too, around the end of the gen it had a few neat ones, but overall it was another multiplat machine. The biggest selling point was that you could play all of those multiplats if you didn't have a PC, but you also didn't have to pay to play online like the Xbox 360
>>
>>377765079
>The Wii U does, the 3DS does
The Wii-U has a lot of exclusives. But as far as variety its complete fucking dogshit. If you have little interest in Nintendo titles, or are only really interested in Mario or Zelda. The Wii-U has very little to offer. Which is another reason it sold so poorly.

I can buy a PS4 and play whatever I want. And if I have no qualms with playing 3rd party at 30fps, the library ends up looking even more appealing.

The PS4/3DS ended up being the 2 best purchases I've made this generation. I'm completely clueless as to why people shit on the PS4 after it hit its stride this year alone.
>>
>>377766020
Yes, consoles suck now because the reasons to own one are slowly being phased out, such as local multiplayer, ease of use and exclusive software. They didn't suck before because they had both exclusive content and shared lots of games with PC. It just means fewer people will buy the consoles, and sales for 8th gen consoles reflect that

Glad you've finally caught up.
>>
>>377765926
>Every single one of those are console exclusives.

>"console exclusives"
That still doesn't really make for much of a selling point for the PS4 though does it?
True exclusives are really the only thing that matters, just because something isn't on PC doesn't mean I'm going to buy it on PS4.
Why buy Disgea 5 on PS4 when I could get it on Switch, why buy RDR2 on PS4 when I could get it on Xbox One, why get Gravity Rush on PS4 when I could get it on Vita?

Multiplats are neat and they definitely add some value to a console, but the major and most important selling point is true exclusive games that you can't play on any other platform.
>>
>>377766084
>not exclusive

They are all console exclusives. We were talking about console exclusives not single one platform exclusives. They are not on PC. They are console exclusives proving that consoles are getting many exclusives. I can't say this simpler. You are only pretending to be retarded or just falseflagging right?
>>
>>377766020
>Nothing will convince you gaben ass to buy a console. Consoles aren't designed for depressed assholes like you.
But I literally own an NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, a few gamecubes, a few Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS1/2/3, Xbox, Xbox 360 and a shit load of gameboys and some PSPs

I'm normally an idort every gen and have nothing against consoles.
What I'm saying is that a consoles biggest selling point is its exclusives. When a platform doesn't have a decent list of exclusive games that I can't play on anything else, I can't really think of a good reason to buy it.
>>
>>377766242
>That still doesn't really make for much of a selling point for the PS4 though does it?

Yes, they do. I can play them on PS4. Also nice moving goalposts.

>Why buy Disgea 5 on PS4 when I could get it on Switch, why buy RDR2 on PS4 when I could get it on Xbox One, why get Gravity Rush on PS4 when I could get it on Vita?

And why should I buy Vita, Switch and Xbox One when I can play all of them on PS4? Why am I allowed to play games on every platform excluding PS4? Why it makes you so asspain that those games are on PS4?
>>
>>377766130
When the product appeals to fewer people, it sells fewer units. 8th gen will not come anywhere close to the totals of 6th or 7th gen, it may not even pass 5th gen if PS4 doesn't wind up selling 100m+ by itself, which is looking unlikely.

Its fine for people like you who play causally, but if the consoles don't offer enough new content then others will skip them. 6th and 7th gen saw a huge expansion of the industry, but as these new customers flake off and aren't necessarily replaced the hobbyists will still be there and may not be too interested.
>>
>>377766130
>I'm completely clueless as to why people shit on the PS4 after it hit its stride this year alone.
PS4 is probably great if you can't afford /think building a computer is hard. For anyone with a computer it offers nothing though.
>>
>>377766242
Why buy one system when you can buy 5?

Maybe wanna rethink that, champ?
>>
>>377766416
>Why it makes you so asspain that those games are on PS4?
It doesn't and I never said it did, I'm just saying it won't ever make me think "Damn I should get a PS4, I really want to play Dragon Quest builders!"

The Vita has more games that I want to play than the PS4, so I'd probably get that if I wanted to play Gravity Rush

Again, it adds some value for sure, but its not a great selling point.
>>
>>377766553
I don't want PS4 to win and beat Nintendo again. Games count on every system except PS4, now fuck off.
>>
>>377766130
>I'm completely clueless as to why people shit on the PS4 after it hit its stride this year alone.
Because it took over three years and those exclusives may not appeal to everyone?

The benchmark isn't just having [X] number of exclusives at all, its having [X] number an individual will actually want. PS4 has little to choose from, so if you're not interested in some of them there's not much else to pick from as an alternative.
>>
>>377766553
Nah, I made my point and I said what I meant to say.
I don't understand why so many of you are having such a hard time understanding why actual exclusives are a good thing to have, and why not having them is a bad thing for a console.

I've never said multiplats are completely worthless, but they certainly aren't going to make anyone buy a console if they can already play those games on something else.
For a kid with no computer? Yeah its great.
For a dude in his mid20s that has a great computer and shitloads of platforms to play on already? It doesn't really mean anything.
>>
>>377766578
>'m just saying it won't ever make me think "Damn I should get a PS4, I really want to play Dragon Quest builders!"

Good we were not talking about you but about console exclusives overall. No one cares about your special snowflake taste anon.
>>
>>377743813
When people say shit like this I assume they're underage and going through teenage angst.
>>
>>377766782
>No one cares about your special snowflake taste anon.
Then by that logic shouldn't yours go uncared for by everyone else too?

>console exclusives overall.
Yeah, all 100 of them.
>>
>>377766724
>but they certainly aren't going to make anyone buy a console if they can already play those games on something else.

So basically it's not ok to buy PS4 to play Persona 5 but it's ok to buy PS3 to play it? It's not ok to buy PS4 to play Disgaea 5 but it's ok to buy Switch for it. Ok.
>>
>>377766904
>Then by that logic shouldn't yours go uncared for by everyone else too?

Pretty sure I never presented my taste as argument just proved you wrong about consoles getting less exclusives. You have problems with reading comperehension.
>>
>>377766923
>So basically it's not ok to buy PS4 to play Persona 5 but it's ok to buy PS3 to play it?
Why would you buy a second PS3?

If the PS4 were backward compatible that'd be another reason to actually buy one.
>>
>>377767014
>argument
Wasn't an argument, you just assumed it was. stating an opinion is not an argument.
>>
>>377767075
>Why would you buy a second PS3?

Why would you buy a second PS4?
>>
>>377767014
>I like apple pie
>"Wow, fuck you buddy, no one asked for your special snowflake opinion!"
>Well fuck your favorite pie too then, buddy
>"Pretty sure I never presented my taste as an argument."
Oh, the irony.
>>
>>377766242
>Why buy Disgea 5 on PS4 when I could get it on Switch, why buy RDR2 on PS4 when I could get it on Xbox One, why get Gravity Rush on PS4 when I could get it on Vita?
More options are never a bad thing. People complain about exclusives NOT being multiplatform on this board because they can't play them. Then when the argument goes toward the strength of a platfrom. It shifts back to the games being multiplatform as a negative.

Why buy Disgea5 on PS4 when you can get it on Switch? Why buy it on Switch when you can get it on PS4? Maybe better resolution? Better looking sprites? Why buy RDR2 on PS4 when you can get it on Xbox One? Why buy it on Xbox One when you can get it on PS4?

When taking multiplatform into consideration you're argument ends up being circular. Why not buy it on the console you ACTUALLY OWN? Playing the game is the most important. Not complaining that its on another platform.

As for Gravity Rush. I own both the PS Vita version for portability and the remastered for better controls, better resolution etc. When Vita fans complained about GR2 being on PS4 that wasn't an issue for me.

Dragon Quest Xl is going to be on PS4/3DS. There both going to be completely different versions specifically suited for the platform. It wouldn't bother me to buy either, or double dip.

A game being on PS4 is going to prevent me from buying the Switch version anymore than the PS4 version because the most important thing is playing the fucking game. Not circle jerking over which platform owns it.
>>
>>377767140
>consoles are getting less exclusives
>what about those
>well don't count because I don't want getting them on PS4.
>>
Yea, this gen's been pretty barren.
And before some salty faggot calls me old, I was born in 1997, so chances are I'm probably younger than you.
There have been maybe 10 standout games this gen, which is pretty pathetic.
>>
>>377767164
>The only outcome in which buying a PS4 is preferable is one in which you own nothing with which to play games on in the first place, but you can somehow afford a PS4+PSN but not a low-end PC

Right, and its why 8th gen will be the lowest-selling gen since the SNES and Genesis days. It catered to people like you who play casually and don't give a shit while the hobbyists are the ones who ultimately hold the long-term purchasing power.
>>
File: injustice.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
injustice.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377766406
A selling point and primarily purpose is to play "videogames". Your taking this hobby way too serious if feel need to buy all of platforms and drop +1000 on a computer just to enjoy it. Your a terrible consumer if you can't figure if one console is enough for enjoy playing videogames.
>>377766406
If you enjoy pc gaming so much then why do want a console again? Console still plays the same game that already on pc. The content and experience is still the same unless your one of those digital foundry faggots who can't enjoy a game because of their autistic standards. A game is still a game whether it's multiplat , exclusive, weebshit or indie shit. We're just talking in circles and there is no conclusion to this stupid shitposting bait thread until mods delete it. Stfu and go play your green light/early access garbage steam games.
>>
>>377766923
What you're not considering is, the people that are thinking of buying a PS4 might already own other systems, THATS why multiplats aren't great selling points.
What if I already own a PS3, what if I already own a Switch?
What does the PS4 offer me then?
What if I also have a great PC that outperforms the PS4 by a large margin?

The only platform that the PS4 shares games with that I don't already own is the Vita, and I'm honestly more tempted to get a Vita than a PS4 simply because it has more exclusive games that I want to play than the PS4 does, which would then remove even more value from the PS4.

Multiplats are awesome if you don't own many/any platforms already because you wouldn't have been able to play them otherwise, but this is /v/, we all (are supposed to) play games, we've all (I hope) been playing them for a long time, and its pointless to talk about games as if we're shareholders.

I don't give a fuck that something is a benefit to some 12 year old that just started playing games 4 years ago and only owns a PS4 and an Xbox 360. What is good for him isn't good for me, and I don't come to /v/ to talk about what makes companies money or makes kids happy, I come here to talk about a hobby I love with other people that enjoy playing games.

I don't know why you're so against talking about games as a consumer, but I really feel like you're looking at all of this the wrong way and not putting yourself first.
>>
>>377767260
>When taking multiplatform into consideration you're argument ends up being circular. Why not buy it on the console you ACTUALLY OWN? Playing the game is the most important. Not complaining that its on another platform.
Thats all I'm saying, again, I'm not saying that multiplats are bad, I'm just saying they don't make a great selling point.
>>
>>377767439
>>The only outcome in which buying a PS4 is preferable is one in which you own nothing with which to play games on in the first place, but you can somehow afford a PS4+PSN but not a low-end PC

Nope, maybe for you. Not for other people. You should learn that your taste is not argument.

>Right, and its why 8th gen will be the lowest-selling gen

Objectively wrong. PS4 is selling like crazy.
>>
>>377767293
>gematsu.com/exclusives
This is easily the fifth time I've linked this, I'm doing it for free at this point.

PS3 and 360 have far more exclusives than PS4, Xbone and Wii U, and its not even counting the original Wii. Xbone has none announced, Wii U is discontinued entirely, PS4 took almost four years to get what it has now and will not be tripling its count.
>>
>>377767441
>The content and experience is still the same unless your one of those digital foundry faggots who can't enjoy a game because of their autistic standards.
This is factually false because I can play online for free on PC, I can use any input method I want, I have more options and freedoms with tailoring the experience to my tastes, and I can use fan patches and mods to enhance the game if I feel it would make it more fun.

>If you enjoy pc gaming so much then why do want a console again?
You're the one that assumed I was just shitting on consoles, again, I just enjoy /Videogames/, I'm not loyal to any one platform. The reason I'm saying exclusives are so important is because I would love a good reason to buy a PS4 or an Xbone, I want more games to get excited about, I want to get hyped that E3 is happening because it means more awesome exclusives.

/Again/, if you literally own no other platforms, then yeah, multiplats are awesome and there is no reason to not play them on Xbone or PS4, they'll still be just as good.
But if you already have a bunch of platforms, multiplats are less and less impressive and aren't a good reason to buy a console.
>>
>>377766713
>The benchmark isn't just having [X] number of exclusives at all, its having [X] number an individual will actually want.
Then your argument is purely subjective. I can make the exact same argument for the Wii-U and be absolutely right.

At least with variety you'll eventually find a game you want to play.
>>
>>377767649
>Objectively wrong. PS4 is selling like crazy.
And XB1 is selling like shit.
And 3DS is underselling DS.
And I don't even need to mention Vita and WiiU.
There's a reason both M$ and $ony are moving to these upgradeable half-gen refresh console systems.
>>
>>377767649
>Objectively wrong. PS4 is selling like crazy.
Mostly in Europe, it was being outsold by the Wii U in Japan until recently, and its almost even with Xbone in Europe
>>
>>377767441
>If you enjoy pc gaming so much then why do want a console again?

Consoles gave many games that are not on PC plus basically all PC games I'm interested in. I also like convenience factor.

>>377767463
I don't care what PS4 offer to you. You are not single person in this world anon. Arguing like this is pointless because even if I go with games you will say you don't like them or only Ninetndo exclusives are good.
>>
>>377767706
>I'm still mentally challenged to post list with multiplats counted as exclusives even though someone said to me before

When are you going to neck yourself finally?
>>
File: Console sales.png (60KB, 677x436px) Image search: [Google]
Console sales.png
60KB, 677x436px
>>377767649
>Objectively wrong.
>>
>>377767798
>Mostly in Europe

No, it sells great worldwide. For the most time is best selling home console all around the world including Japan.

Why so mad? Why always lie on purpose?
>>
>>377767828
>I don't care what PS4 offer to you. You are not single person in this world anon. Arguing like this is pointless because even if I go with games you will say you don't like them or only Ninetndo exclusives are good.
I never asked you to sell me on the PS4, and I already know what is available and what I'm interested in.
The argument was never "YOU SHOULD BUY A PS4!" "NO I DON'T WANT TO BECAUSE I HATE CONSOLES"
I have just been saying that multiplats are poor selling points and don't offer any value to someone that already owns other platforms. I don't understand why you can't get this. I've already said that I understand your viewpoint on this, I know that multiplats are great for kids that don't own anything else.
>>
>>377767957
b-b-but the PS4 is an amazing success and one of the best consoles ever!
>>
File: top 5 games.png (124KB, 2274x800px) Image search: [Google]
top 5 games.png
124KB, 2274x800px
>>377768047
>>
>>377767649
>Objectively wrong
Look at the numbers then, retard:

>55m PS4
>30m Xbone (MS stopped giving out actual numbers, these are likely shipped, not sold-through)
>14m Wii U

>82m PS3
>81m 360
>102m Wii

>22m GC
>24m XB
>150m PS2
>9m DC

>102m PS1
>33m N64
>10m Saturn

>49m SNES
>45m Genesis/Mega Drive
>15m TurboGrafx

8th gen totals won't come anywhere close to 6th or 7th gen.
>>
>>377768087
Yes? And? You mistaken thread or post?
>>
>>377768067
Unfortunately, one platform does not an industry make.
The PS4 could be one of the best-selling consoles of all time, it won't mean much if the rest of the consoles are dead in the water, and less consoles on the market is not a good thing for Sony, because many devs will be jumping ship to mobile, as they are now.
>>
>>377768214
Well, if you look at the numbers, its about even with the Xbone in NA, and again, the Wii U of all things was outselling it in Japan for a long time.
The PS4 isn't doing that amazing, it just seems like all of EU bought the PS4 instead of the Xbone to play their FIFA this gen.
>>
>>377766084
>The biggest selling point was that you could play all of those multiplats if you didn't have a PC, but you also didn't have to pay to play online like the Xbox 360
Yeah, but at the downside of nearly always running worse, be it with no vsync, worse framerates, worse resolution, worse AA, or worse graphical quality. 360 may have had paid online but at least the multiplats ran okay or far exceeded PS3's version. Hell, Bethesda games had game ruining bugs on PS3 that never existed on 360 at any point from what I recall. People would get massive save bloat and it would completely ruin their saves. Dragon's Dogma literally had unbelievable framerate issues, Asura's Wrath ran with vsync and framerate drops everywhere, Deadly Premonition only really runs well on the 360 and neither PS3 version fixed the crashes or ran as well as it did, Bayonetta patched still doesn't match the 360 version (Though it comes close), and so on.
>>
>>377767946
Prove me wrong then, faggot. Count them up and prove that PS4 has more exclusives than PS3.

Because I counted them, PS3 has 200+ full-retail exclusives and PS4 has 35.

How many times are you going to pretend to be a different person?
>>
File: 1401129998396.jpg (51KB, 487x492px) Image search: [Google]
1401129998396.jpg
51KB, 487x492px
>>377768209
>compare 8 years of sales to 4 years
>call anyone retard

I don't know if this is more funny or sad actually.
>>
>>377768437
>This
>Again
>Can't accept being BTFO by numbers

PS4 got 35 in four years, you think its getting 200+ in another four?

Wii U is already dead, Xbone isn't getting more exclusives, these two facts won't change in another four years, either.
>>
File: 20170515_194025.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_194025.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>377767463
>selling point
I'm sorry but exclusives were never the only selling point to buying consoles. The feature to play games on them instead at arcades was always the primarily selling point of consoles. Other features like media player , dvd/ blue ray player , youtube, netflix , easy twitch streaming, skype and vr are selling points to consoles. Most of friends are heavily into Netflix on there ps4's and xbox one.
>>
>>377743998
That actually makes me ill.
People truly have horrible taste.
>>
>>377768287
PS4 sells better in NA too. Still don't get it why you showed me best selling games chart.
>>377768350
Read what I told you
>>377762934
I really don't like to repeat myself over and over because some autist can't comprehend simple text. It's tired. Really.
>>
>>377768681
* I'm tired.
>>
>>377768437
>compare 8 years of sales to 4 years

What the fuck are you even talking about

I listed four fucking sets of consoles

Wii U is already discontinued, MS already has another console about to be released. PS4 is going to magically sell another 150 million units in the next four years? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>377768629
>I'm sorry but exclusives were never the only selling point to buying consoles. The feature to play games on them instead at arcades was always the primarily selling point of consoles.
Sure, maybe in the NES/SNES era, but again, if one console had exclusive rights to the port of an arcade game, that was a huge selling point because your only other option was going out to an arcade

>Other features like media player , dvd/ blue ray player , youtube, netflix , easy twitch streaming, skype and vr are selling points to consoles.
*only if you don't have a computer
>>
>>377768681
>PS4 sells better in NA too. Still don't get it why you showed me best selling games chart.
Did you try looking above the best selling games?
Because I'm not sure if you noticed, but those pie charts show how well the consoles themselves have been selling in each region. While the PS4 is outselling the Xbone, its not by a fuck of a lot.
>>
>>377768560
This was about console units sold not number of exclusives you autistic ape. Stop posting already.
>>
>>377768817
>*only if you don't have a computer
Do you understand how little people care about the PC for those things? How little they care to put their PC near their big TV to watch stuff on Netflix or play games? No one gives two shits, even Valve's own info shows most people on Steam are on the equivalent of toasters.
>>
>>377768906
>its not by a fuck of a lot.

Irrelevant, still sells better. In fact in every part of the world. Why it makes you mad?
>>
>>377769071
>Do you understand how little people care about the PC for those things?
Do you think people use their consoles for that when phones/tablets/laptops exist?
Especially younger people, a phone is already more than enough for anything a console could do besides playing games.
And I can cast it to my TV.
>>
>>377769071
>Do you understand how little people care about the PC for those things?
Why the fuck would I factor in what normies think when talking about what I want/expect out of videogames?

Thats like saying "do you know how little people care about image quality? Physical media is pointless because everyone just streams it on youtube"
>>
>>377769161
>Irrelevant, still sells better. In fact in every part of the world. Why it makes you mad?
I never said it makes me mad, I'm just saying its only selling more by a considerable amount in Europe. In NA and Japan, its essentially on par with the two consoles that are apparently total flops.
>>
>>377743813

That's because you're a jaded asshole who lets /v/ dictate your tastes. If you listen to this cancerous shithole you won't play anything because this board is pretty much Overcompastion - The Board. It's a bunch of poorfag teenagers and young adults trying to ensure themselves they made the right thing in asking their parents for the right system and thus they belittle all the "opponents". It's called Choice-supportive bias.

Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Persona 5 and Zelda are all memorable as fuck. And so are many others, like Horizon for example, which /v/ will get butthurt as fuck because MUH SJW BOOGEYMAN but you can eat my fucking ass for all I care, it's still one of most original settings since fucking forever and it actually had a really fucking interesting story for a change on top of varied gameplay, smooth as fuck performance and outstanding visuals. But you do keep on trying to please these random underage nobodies who mistakenly think they are hot shit in this board and see where that leads you.
>>
>>377769373
>Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Persona 5 and Zelda are all memorable as fuck.
Nigger that's 4 games, and even from an arstyle standpoint if you showed me a picture of Horizon I'd probably assume it was some shitty Ubisoft game.
>>
>>377768779
If you want to see how good consoles are selling you compare all consoles sales per same time. Why the fuck PS4 has to sell 150mln units when PS3 sold 90? Only person retarded here is you. PS4 is selling much better than predecessor.
>>
>>377768681
>Read what I told you

PS4 has 17 full-retail exclusive games if we discount any/all re-releases, remasters and remakes.

So please, I'm begging you, explain how PS4 has more exclusives than PS3.

If this works life as we all know it can and will change forever, up will become down, right will become wrong, existence will become nonexistence.
>>
>>377747004
>looks
>looks
>looks
>looks
>looks

Seeing the pattern here? You don't play anything, you just have way more opinions than actual knowledge about anything. Go play the games instead of assuming you know shit about them.

The only thing that isn't worth a shit in that list of yours is Uncharted. Dear fucking god,
this series is cancer incarnate and yes, I made the mistake of buying the bundle.
>>
>>377769178
>Do you think people use their consoles for that when phones/tablets/laptops exist?
Surprisingly yes, they do. To the point that even E3 is dedicated to showing them off.

>a phone is already more than enough for anything a console could do besides playing games.
Which is why they buy a console since it can do it on their big screen.

>And I can cast it to my TV.
How many people do you know with smart TVs? Hell, my house just recently upgraded to cheap $200 HDTVs you find in Walmart and we're not particularly poor.

>>377769274
>Why the fuck would I factor in what normies think when talking about what I want/expect out of videogames?
Because you're acting like normies use computers for things like that when they most certainly don't unless they're at work. The side features such as Netflix and Youtube on a console are massive draws for people, why do you think Microsoft went so hard on ESPN rights?
>>
>>377753691
The lack of split screen sucks, but that doesn't change the fact that the online content is great, with literally free DLC
>>
>>377769351
No selling better is not on par anon, it's selling better. PS4 is selling multiple times more than WiiU and Xbone combined in Japan.

>maybe if I change definitions and fact a little I will be less mad
>>
>>377769468
>even from an arstyle standpoint if you showed me a picture of Horizon I'd probably assume it was some shitty Ubisoft game
Sounds like /v/speak to me. Because if you actually fucking played the game you'd realize its nothing like a shitty Ubisoft game.
>>
>>377769617
>Surprisingly yes, they do. To the point that even E3 is dedicated to showing them off.
Just because Microsoft shows something at E3 doesn't mean it actually happens in real life.
>Which is why they buy a console since it can do it on their big screen.
No, for that you just get a Fire TV or some other set-top box (or just use the set-top box that comes with your cable).
>How many people do you know with smart TVs?
You don't need a Smart TV to cast from a phone to a TV, I bought a $25 Chromecast for my shitty $140 TV and cast with that.
Shit, at this point the only thing I still have plugged into my TV's HDMI port is my Fire TV.
I look forward to a future where all consoles are similar to the Switch, so I don't have to have that shit anchored to a TV like a philistine.
>>
File: 20170512_203226.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170512_203226.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>377768817
Most people don't use computers anymore unless it's for school and work use. Tablets and portable keyboards are now the norms. Phones have become too powerful to the point where you can watch youtube videos on 1080p/60fps or 1440p/30fps. I only use my computer just to archive porn especially the rare dailymotion porn.
>>
>>377769561
>Seeing the pattern here? You don't play anything, you just have way more opinions than actual knowledge about anything. Go play the games instead of assuming you know shit about them.
But I've played the first two uncharted games, 4 Souls games, and countless other games.
What you're essentially saying is "Just buy a PS4 and play them, you can't know you won't like them until you pay for them"

Sure, I don't know for sure that I wouldn't like them, but based on 20 years of buying and playing games, I can tell from the trailers and little bits of gameplay I've watched that they aren't for me. Nioh is the only one I'm on the fence with, it seems like it might be really cool, but it could also be a shallow button masher with a cool art direction. If I already owned a PS4 I'd be more interested in it, but as of right now I don't think I'd count it towards "5 cool exclusives before I buy the console"
I might be fun, but I also see a lot of red flags that make me think I might just end up wasting my money.

For the most part though, I've already played previous games in those franchises and didn't like it.
>>
>>377769835
>Most people don't use computers anymore unless it's for school and work use.

I mostly use it for Reddit :)
>>
File: hzd_5F00_vantagepts_5F00_1024.jpg (220KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hzd_5F00_vantagepts_5F00_1024.jpg
220KB, 1280x720px
>>377769791
>Because if you actually fucking played the game you'd realize its nothing like a shitty Ubisoft game.

Hmmm
>>
>>377769468

I was citing the cream of the crop because I think those are the most memorable you faggot. And who gives a fuck about the stereotype about horizon you have in your head? If you look at Bloodborne you might mistake it for souls anything, if you look at witcher it might as well be fucking GTA with a sword, persona literally looks like a visual novel. A game "looking" like something means jack fucking shit. I also thought that Horizon looked like a chore to play until my friend with whom I gameshare with got it so I played it for free. How fucking wrong I was, the game is a fucking masterpiece, and this is coming from someone who HATES every single one of ubisoft's titles with a passion, except rayman.

The problem with you guys is that you assume too much but you play too little. More playing, less assuming.
>>
>>377769519
Pretty sure we were talking not how much exclusives both have currently but which one gets more per time. Name more PS3 exclusives from first 4 years anon than those >>377765672
>>
>>377769835
>Tablets and portable keyboards are now the norms
Tablets are actually seeing lowered sales because people have realized they're a shitty meme.
https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/21/what-happened-to-tablet-sales/
Thank god too, because tablets are fucking trash and are made for retards with fat fuck fingers who can't use a fucking phone and retards who are too stupid to just use a laptop.
In a world where 2-in-1s exist, tablets are a waste of money.
>>
File: 1492124226895.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492124226895.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>377743813
>no memorable games
>>
File: assassinscreedunity_karte.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
assassinscreedunity_karte.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>377769902
looks like your the retard.
>>
>>377769730
>essentially on par
You're taking what I'm saying too literally.

Also
>PS4 is selling multiple times more than Wii U and Xbone combined in Japan.
3.32M Wii U in Japan
0.08M Xbone in Japan

4.49M PS4 in Japan

Its only sold 1.3x the units compared to Xbox and Wii U combined, and thats really not very impressive when we're talking about a difference of 1M

Same with NA
20M PS4
18M Xbone
Thats not a very big difference, its honestly hardly worth talking about, they're essentially even.

The only region where you see a big preference is EU
22.35M PS4
7.7M Xbone
3.4M Wii U

In every region but EU the PS4 is doing pretty much just as well as the big flops. Wii U didn't do well in NA or EU, and Xbone didn't do that well in Japan, but PS4 really isn't doing that much better aside from in EU
>>
File: far-cry-primal-animal-location.jpg (259KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
far-cry-primal-animal-location.jpg
259KB, 800x670px
>>377770104
Hmmm
>>
>>377769503
>you compare all consoles sales per same time
FUNFACT: PS4 is tracking behind PS2 and Wii even if we do that. Its been out three and a half years. Sony shipped 70 million PS2s by fall 2003, Nintendo had shipped 74 million Wiis by spring 2010.

PS4 is also not the only console, dipshit. The other two consoles are either dead in the water or dead altogether. Totals are down, this is a fucking FACT.
>>
LAST gen was shit.
>>
>>377770192
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_sales
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_sales

Actual sources are all at the bottom, and they're official reports from the makers themselves.
>>
>>377770275
This gen has been even more shit.
>>
>>377770312
>>377770275
I agree with both of you
>>
>>377770312
nope, we're in the middle of a golden age rn now that x86 took over
>>
>>377770312
That's what he meant, 9th gen has started.
>>
>>377770403
no it hasn't, that's not what I meant
>>
>>377770389
>we're in the middle of a golden age rn
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
We've had half a year of good games, the rest has been a lot of generic shit in between a few great games like Bloodborne and TW3.
>>
>>377769849
>I might be fun, but I also see a lot of red flags that make me think I might just end up wasting my money.

Because that's exactly the ONLY thing that /v/ is gonna show you. If you go by this place's shitastic stance on things, you won't like anything and you're gonna want to fucking kill yourself. Remember that this is the board that tried veehemently to prove that:

>EA would go bankrupt by 2012
>The Old Republic would be a finnancial disaster
>Sony would go bankrupt by 2013
>there wouldn't be a ps4
>it would flop guaranteed
>consoles were on their way out
>PC would dominate the market
>wii u would dominate the gen
>wii u wasn't going to get replaced so soon
>bloodborne was dark souls 2 dlc
>bloodborne wouldn't be an exclusive
etc etc

If anything you should have figured by now that this place has literally not been right about a SINGLE fucking thing since the dawn of time, so stop letting it mold your thoughts and if you're gonna be forever assuming everything about stuff you haven't tried yet, that's how you turn into a jaded salty faggot nobody wants to be around with and that is certainly how you won't EVER let something surprise you, like I was with Horizon.

I recommend staying off of /v/ for a few weeks and going to /fit/
>>
>>377770104
>>377770178
Compare the 2 and look at how much bullshit Ubisoft fills their map with compared to this>>377769902

You're reaching faggot. You're reaching so fucking hard.
>>
File: 1495478381227.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1495478381227.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>377770489
Witcher was shit tho
>>
>>377770530
>Horizon is a Ubishit game with even less content
Hmmm..
>>
>>377770169
>In every region but EU the PS4 is doing pretty much

No, it every region it sells better. Why are you lying? What's your purpose?

>it only sold more than both COMBINED
>ONLY
>it's just as well

I'm dying here. Should have also post NA WiiU sales, it would be even more funny
>>
>>377770468
It has, Switch is out, so 9th gen has started. That doesn't mean 8th is done though, it won't end until all platforms stop getting support.
>>
>>377770602
shut up ubishill, nobody's buying your bullshit
>>
>Mfw watching consolefags scrabble over the slowly decomposing body of a dead industry
>Mfw supplement my vidya with other hobbies that are making a comeback now that more hardcore consumers have fucked off of video games
With vidya dead maybe we'll see a new golden age of P&P games.
>>
>>377770602
>Horizon is a Ubishit game with even less content
>Collect all this bullshit to pad the game out.

Having a bunch of bullshit in your game is a good thing? Have fun playing the next Asscreed Ubidrone.
>>
>>377770275

Nigga by this time during last gen we literally only had wagglan, demon's souls for all the 3 people that were playing the asian version, a literal fucking movie on the ps3 and Manly Death Heterossexual Warfare on the dudebro box. 7th gen was 10 times worse, specially due to the massive absence of japan and the overtaking of the industry by western trash, but Japan has made a massive comeback lately.
>>
>>377770703
I have a switch and no, it's more an apology for the WiiU..
>>
>>377770489
Witcher wasn't all that great though, it just looked pretty and had good writing. The actual game parts of the game were pretty mediocre or even outright bad.
>>
>>377770498
>Because that's exactly the ONLY thing that /v/ is gonna show you. If you go by this place's shitastic stance on things, you won't like anything and you're gonna want to fucking kill yourself.
/v/ might be the only place I talk about games outside of with my buddies IRL, but I still do my own research, watch trailers, waste time searching for gameplay without shitty commentary, or if a friend already owns the games I'll try them out first.

I've been on /v/ since around 2006-2007ish, so I know how this place is and can get. I'm not basing any of my opinions on /v/ shitposting since this place has been garbage for keeping up with recent events for like 8 years now, I mostly come here to talk about games I've played recently.
>>
>>377770192
PS4 is selling better than PS3 by much, Xbone is selling better than Xbox 360, only WiiU flopped hard compared to Wii. You are mentally challenged.
>>
>>377770816
It's 9th gen, period. It goes by when the platforms are released and nothing else. Again you can start a new generation without ending the last one, 8th gen will go on for as long a sP4 keeps getting support. 6th gen officially ended only a few years ago with the last release for PS2.
>>
>>377770604
>>377769730
>>377769161
>>377768681
>Clearly European man misses the point entirely while sucking playstation dick between games of FIFA
>>
>>377770812
umm... i AGREE w/ u?
>>
>>377770990
AGREE WITH ME MORE

I quote the wrong guy
>>
>>377770973
nope
>>
>>377770981
so mad
>>
>It's 9th gen, period

>modern Nintendo in charge of being relevant enough to kickstart or kill gens anymore

lmao
>>
>>377770924
>Xbone is selling better than Xbox 360
It's not actually, XB1 has sold ~29 million.
360 sold 30 million by April of 2009.
>>
>>377770924
see
>>377768209
>>377767957
I didn't say PS4 wouldn't sell more units than it did. I said overall sales are down, and that's true, we have numbers right fucking here that prove it's true.

>Xbone is selling better than Xbox 360
Have any numbers for them? I can't find yearly totals for 360 and we all already know MS stopped giving out Xbone numbers not long after release and they say its at 30m shipped.

>You are mentally challenged.
Hey, I'm not the one saying 99 million is more than 260 million.
>B-b-but EIGHT YEARS!
Wii moved its 100 million by the end of 2012, PS3 and 360 had shipped more than 70m each by then as well, if not more, that's six years.

Two more years on the market will not see the 8th gen platforms making up that gap, you're fucking retarded,
>>
>>377771360
eh good enough. Sales are gonna die down in wake of scorpio anyway and the store has improved quite a bit
>>
>>377771360
And that's just the shipped number, MS stopped giving out actual sales numbers for Xbone a while ago.
>>
>>377770812
>Nigga by this time during last gen we literally only had wagglan
We had Mario Galaxy, Smash, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, basically every single one of the Wii's big first-party games were out already.
>>
>>377771657
>good enough
Less than the 360 isn't all that great, especially with the Scorpio coming out.
Let's be honest though, traditional consoles are a dying horse, the future is in hybrids or Steam-machines that emulate an HTPC with a better UI and more unity.
I look forward to a future where everything is on the same platform, no more of this stupid consolewar bullshit and manchildren won't have anything else to lord over other people to make their pathetic lives less pathetic.
>>
File: injustice-2.jpg (336KB, 1481x812px) Image search: [Google]
injustice-2.jpg
336KB, 1481x812px
>>377770498
Not him but after that whole horizon and the anti sjw vs sjw bullshit. I stopped be obsessed to going to this shithole. I envy myself even letting to shithole mold and distract me from actually playing and enjoying games. I can't phantom that gamers wake up, cry and scream like faggots everyday because they want games that they have no interest in to fail hard and flop. It's some strange hatred for the their favorite and only obsessed addicting hobby.
>>
>>377771789
>I look forward to a future where everything is on the same platform
Comcast
>>
>>377770812
>Nigga by this time during last gen we literally only had wagglan, demon's souls for all the 3 people that were playing the asian version, a literal fucking movie on the ps3 and Manly Death Heterossexual Warfare on the dudebro box.

Just off the top of my head I'm going to try and list of some games I had fun with in the first few years of last gen
>Kameo
>Viva Pinata
>Gears of War
>Twilight Princess
>Demon's Souls
>MGS4
>De Blob
>Metroid Prime 3
>Punch-Out!!
>No more Heroes
>Mario Kart Wii
>Halo 3
>Crackdown
>Katamari Forever
>Little Big Planet
>Guitar Hero 2/3
>Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
>Bioshock
>Orange Box
-TF2
-last Half Life game ever
-Portal
>Super Mario Galaxy
>The Witcher
>Unreal Tournament 3
>Super Paper Mario
>Left 4 Dead 1/2
>Dead Space
>Mirrors Edge
>Valkyria Chronicles
>Smash Bros Brawl
>Mass Effect/Dragon Age Origins
>RE5

I could be wrong on a few of these, but I'm fairly certain they were all released prior to the 4 year mark of last gen, and thats not even counting the great DS or PSP games
>>
>>377771862
Comcast is a closed platform, I'm referring to an open platform.
>>
>>377771607
>I said overall sales are down

Overall sales would be down after 8 years if you compare whole last gen.

>Hey, I'm not the one saying 99 million is more than 260 million.

Not me either. You are of course biggest autist in this thread singe again you compare numbers from 4 years to 8.
>>
>>377771789
>Less than the 360 isn't all that great, especially with the Scorpio coming out.

uh, what?

>HTPC

oh, you're retarded
>>
>>377743813

>gaming platform with many amazing games is shit

you idiots realize that steam is better than ps2 or whatever holy grail pathetic console shit you believe in, right?
>>
File: Gen 7.png (16KB, 198x642px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 7.png
16KB, 198x642px
>>377772009
>Overall sales would be down after 8 years if you compare whole last gen.
m8, even just comparing 4 years this gen is pathetic.
Hell, this entire gen has barely sold more than just handhelds last gen.
>>
File: 1488574471470.jpg (62KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488574471470.jpg
62KB, 960x960px
>>377771957
>MGS4
>>
>>377772009
Someone can't fucking read and/or knows he's wrong and keeps spouting the same tired excuse that holds absolutely no water.
>Wii moved its 100 million by the end of 2012, PS3 and 360 had shipped more than 70m each by then as well, if not more, that's six years.

I'll play along though, so maybe you'll stop being retarded. I'm not holding my breath, though.

By the end of 2010, four years since the Wii had released, it had sold 84 million units. That's almost as many consoles as all three 8th gen platforms combined, we're not even counting 360 and PS3 yet.
>>
>>377772243
It was my first MGS game so I thought it was kinda cool (^:

Still, it had some neat missions and the octo camo shit was cool
>>
>>377772213
And the cherry on top is that this is only 4 years for the 360, for the PS3 and the Wii that's not even 3 years.
>>
File: noay.jpg (117KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
noay.jpg
117KB, 380x380px
>>377772343
it wasn't

Your list is a perfect example of how that gen was mostly uninspired bland brown an bloom pile of flaming garbage
>>
>>377772436
Can you make a list like that for this gen?
Because I can bet it will look worse, and I'd take MGS4 over MGSV
>>
>>377770498
The place is amazing for niche game conversation at the drop of a hat and it's almost impossible to find unfiltered bitching on most other forums. Plus image posting is a luxury I can't imagine losing. I've been here since the tail end of 2005 and I can't leave, even if the people here can get infuriating at times there's still great discussion between fans, you just need to find it.
>>
File: 1494956480265.png (299KB, 662x602px) Image search: [Google]
1494956480265.png
299KB, 662x602px
>>377772592

V was an actual game tho
>>
>>377772436
>Kameo
>Viva Pinata
>Twilight Princess
>Demon's Souls
>De Blob
>Metroid Prime 3
>Punch-Out!!
>No more Heroes
>Mario Kart Wii
>Halo 3
>Crackdown
>Katamari Forever
>Little Big Planet
>Guitar Hero 2/3
>Bioshock
>Orange Box
>Super Mario Galaxy
>Super Paper Mario
>Valkyria Chronicles
>Smash Bros Brawl

>Bland brown and bloom
Almost all of these games were very colorful, and if they weren't they certainly weren't just brown.
>>
>>377772670
V was half of an actual game tho*
>>
>>377772709
no, it was one of the most complete games recently released. I have almost 600 hours in it myself lol

MGS4 is and always was a disappointment that ends before it even gets off the ground and is bloated with literal shit
>>
>>377772813
>it was one of the most complete games recently released
But this is factually incorrect, its literally only half finished.
>>
File: 1493652410159.png (43KB, 455x460px) Image search: [Google]
1493652410159.png
43KB, 455x460px
>>377772692
>Kameo
>Viva Pinata
>Demon's Souls
>De Blob
>Punch-Out!!
>Valkyria Chronicles
Literally what

>Twilight Princess
No, sweetie

>Metroid Prime 3
>No more Heroes
>Mario Kart Wii
>Super Mario Galaxy
>Super Paper Mario
>Smash Bros Brawl
Too bad about the Wii though...

>Halo 3
Died with 2 (5 is goat however)
>Crackdown
>Katamari Forever
good games

>Little Big Planet
haha

>Guitar Hero 2/3
I guess, but more of a party game

>Bioshock
One and done movie shit

>Orange Box
More of a previous gen thing to be completely honest, and Ep. 2 was never resolved

pass
>>
File: 1474395988808.jpg (26KB, 269x395px) Image search: [Google]
1474395988808.jpg
26KB, 269x395px
>>377773153
>>
>>377773153
This is some of the most blatant bait I've ever seen
>>
File: 1491703204385.png (1MB, 742x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1491703204385.png
1MB, 742x1620px
>>377773336
>>377773319

>NOOOOOOO! AN ARGUMENT!!!
>>
>>377762887
How to play multi on PS4
>buy another TV
>buy another PS4
>buy another PS4 online subscription
>buy another ethernet cable
>have constant Nat1/Nat2 lag issues and voice chat cutouts
>a-am I having fun yet?
>>
>>377770389
This is the worst gen of gaming since I've been on this earth.
>>
File: 2017-05-23_00-30-40.gif (220KB, 756x256px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-23_00-30-40.gif
220KB, 756x256px
>>377775302
The problem is, there are so many "casuals" and "normies" playing games now, that the more informed you are about which games you play the more you look like some kind of sperg who doesn't matter.

Pic related is pretty much how it works now
>>
File: 6e6.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
6e6.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>377772813
>no, it was one of the most complete games recently released.
>>
>>377743813
wii60 was the best combo of any gen ever. fuck, i used to spend so much time playing shit like warioware on the wii and then jumping on xbox live with the bros and having those memorable xbox live experiences. i had a ps3 but it was pretty shit for the most part.
>>
>>377749102
B-but Nintendo
>>
>>377775769
Yea, that's pretty accurate.
Hence why I don't care if consoles stop after this gen.
Appealing to normies has only made games worse, and the last thing we need is for gaming to become even MORE like Hollywood, where normies eat up trash and get mad when you call said trash trash.
>>
File: 1387346267327.jpg (19KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1387346267327.jpg
19KB, 334x393px
>>377777671
>>
>>377772881
I've never heard this before, source?
Thread posts: 454
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.