[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game takes place in the night, with no moon in the sky, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: intensity.jpg (19KB, 589x162px) Image search: [Google]
intensity.jpg
19KB, 589x162px
>Game takes place in the night, with no moon in the sky, and no nearby lights
>You can still see everything clearly, and going into the forest is not creepy at all
Why are there so few games that do nighttime environments right?
>>
Sales. You don't want your players to get LOST and give the game a bad rep because they didn't know what to do.
>>
>>377742895
>game has accurate constellations and moon phases for its location and time period
>>
>>377742895
>The game's day-night cycle is determined by latitude and time of year, with arctic regions experiencing midnight sun during summer and polar night during winter
>>
This is why I like Morrowind.
>>
>games where you run into dark areas frequently
>have two hands
>one for weapons/tools
>the other you just cant use to hold a torch or a flashlight
>for reasons

Playin creativerse right now. I dunno how minecraftfags dealt with not being able to just hold a torch in your left hand or a lantern or something that gives off light by itself without putting the shit down.

Did terraria have that feature? It's been so long.

I know it has glowsticks you can toss but can you hold a tool and a torch and have the torch light up the area without placing it?
>>
Because they would require some kind of light mechanic. One of the harder parts of good nights is making the flashlight work well. Making them get the properiate amount of difuse light is hard
>>
Bright nighttime has been part of the standard idiot/casual pandering for a long time.
>>
>game has torches, flares, or spells to light up dark locations
>game never gets dark enough to use them
Why do they even bother?
>>
>>377742895
Breath of the Wild did it the right way. The night is creepy as fuck and the enemies are a lot stronger.
>>
Let's be honest.

Playing a video game when it's literally pitch fucking black gets super old if you don't have any sorta way of dealing with it.

Just walking around in total darkness is dumb.

I'm not defending the pseudo night shit, but really.

Some of those autistic stalker mods people made where night time is literally impossible to see in, and on shit like ARK.

Not being able to see through a fairly reliable means is really fucking annoying. Darkness only has novelty a few times, then it becomes annoying as hell.

I'm all for total darkness AS LONG AS the game gives you actual ways of dealing with it, or reasons to suffer in total darkness.

If the game is pitch black just for "le spoops" and "le realism" just fuck off honestly.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.