[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Bethesda ever regrets making one of the worst plot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3840.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3840.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
Do you think Bethesda ever regrets making one of the worst plot twists in video games?
>>
>>377734463
it sold a shitton so no
>>
>>377734463
Bethesda is not a person, it doesn't feel regret.
>>
>>377734463
>still made 10 billion dollars

They won't regret it until the next fallout which will sell horribly compared to the others
>>
It is outweighed by the fact that Fallout 4 was one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>377734463
Probably only the people who are concerned with making quality content at bethesda do.
So, no.
>>377734553
It was also critizised by the media and subsequently by the public like no bethesda game before.
>>
>>377734463
I'm sure they're crying into their millions every night
>>
>>377734572
>horribly
That´s hyperbole, but there are cracks in a lot of rose tinted glasses now, ever since skyrim hinted at a trend with their games, and fallout 4 reaffirmed it.
Also, the fact that they stopped giving out review copies with the justification that "our games are SO AWESOME that it is mean to let anyone but people who we can identify by their lip print on our butts alone have them before the period where we sell the most" does not really make them seem very confident in the quality of their products.

And further, they have been surpassed as the kings of open world by quite some games recently too, so, yeah, there will be a noticable impact on their next game, but they will not suffer tremendously, there is a sucker born every minute, and they sure like them some bethesda games.
>>
>>377734463
you're being way too generous with its level of infamy
it wasn't amazingly bad, it was just regular stupid and regular boring
like the rest of the regular stupid and regular boring game
>>
>>377734463
it made them money so, no. it only proves they can be lazy with their work and still they would gain a profet.
>>
>>377734572
people will forget four and still buy the new game.
>>
HATE SHAUN
>>
People seem to forget that TODD HOWARD himself didn't like how fallout 4 turned out. He even said it felt like he's been making the same game over and over
>>
>>377734463
it's a fucking shame
and saw with how popular that shit is it will be the benchmark for the next fallout games
i just hope they get they shit together somehow
>>
>>377736076
>And further, they have been surpassed as the kings of open world by quite some games recently too
HAVE they?
Witcher 3 did it, but that's still ONE game by ONE company. Even if their games have been degenerating over time in some very important aspects, every single game they made since Morrowind [including New Vegas too since I'm willing to bet your average player won't know much about the fact that it wasn't actually Bethesda herself who made it, since they're still so closely tied to the Fallout brand now] has been reinforcing the aspect in the public consciousness that "no one does vast open world games with lots of content like Bethesda does". It has become a self-perpetuating engine at this point, they have a lot of momentum and it would take two or three more games to really make a dent on their image. Look how many unpopular games it took for Ubisoft to skip a beat on releasing an Assassin's Creed every three days.
>>
>p-people wont buy next game in the series, since last one was bad!
Oh you sweet innocent kids.
>>
>>377737187
yep. it will take another lackluster game before sales take any dip.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.