[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey Geralt, can you help us kill this king? >Now I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: Tw3_journal_dijkstra.png (462KB, 654x727px) Image search: [Google]
Tw3_journal_dijkstra.png
462KB, 654x727px
>Hey Geralt, can you help us kill this king?
>Now I know you stay neutral in politics but consider that he is actively hunting down a group of society that most of your friends belong to. If you don't intervene in this they could die!
A few murders later
>Well done everybody, we saved the north!
>I will now murder your friends infront of your eyes and crown myself emperor, I trust you will stay neutral in this situation with me as the villain even though it is the exact same I used to argue you into murdering the villain.
>What?! You are now going to kill me? There is no way I expected this outcome would happen.

What the fuck? Did he seriously expect that to work? Why didn't he just poison everybody? Or just wait for them to get drunk and then send assassins in? And this idiot is supposed to stand up to Emhyr and lead the northern Realms into a industrial golden age?
>>
>>377725235
hacky writing
>>
This thread again
>>
>>377725235
The entire Novigrad arc of the game feels like it was written by BioWare really with how retarded it was.
>>
>>377725853
exactly why is this copy pasta
>>
>>377725235
I'm so glad I rushed the game's main story instead of doing the sidequests after reaching skellige
>>
>>377725235
Why didn't he just explain to Roach that he had a plan to push back Nilfgaard and win the war? The only reason Roach was allying with then was he thought the war was unwinnable without Mad Rad.
>>
good thing the combat is so shitty that very few people actually bothered to play the game to that point
>>
>>377726362
Because then Temeria wouldn't be an independent kingdom. Disregarding that it wouldn't be independent as a vassal state either.

Did every character turn stupid in this quest? What was Thalers motivation for being there again?
>>
File: cBrxgDI.jpg (27KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
cBrxgDI.jpg
27KB, 500x324px
>>377725235
>>
>>377725235
>poisoning a witcher
>>
>>377725235
>stand up to Emhyr
But why would you stand up to the rightful ruler of the north? Emhyr is based as fuck.
>>
>>377725235
Yeah, that entire quest was fucking retarded when you think about it. Book Dijkstra would NEVER EVER even come remotely close to Geralt if he tried fucking him like this.

And he actually joins the fight if you decline him. Against a Witcher and three grizzled soldiers. With a fucking limp leg. They must've cut corners on this particular questline or something.
>>
>>377725235
this copy pasta again

they ran out of time and budget by the end. there is a reason the second half of the main story feels rushed. it's because it is
>>
>>377725515
It makes a lot of sense since the writes of Witcher 1 and 2 were replaced by different ones for the third game.
>>
>>377727496
They were probably aiming for him wanting revenge and that his ambition to be ruler of North was so great that it made him blind to using his """great""" intellect.
>>
>>377725235
Commander of Temerias special forces and a witcher? Yeah ill just kill them in combat.
>>
File: 1362283633934.png (11KB, 157x151px) Image search: [Google]
1362283633934.png
11KB, 157x151px
>>377725235
>Now I know you stay neutral in politics
Ever play any of the witcher games you fucking moron?
>>
>>377731875
Ever go to school for reading comprehension you fucking moron?
>>
>>377725235
I heard that the Radovid questline was supposed to be longer and more intricate but got half cut for some reason.

Not really sure if this is true or not.
>>
>>377725235
Damn shame, Dijkstra was a bro.

Wasn't he a total asshole in the books, though?
>>
I love this game but am stuck in Novigrad, I want to get through this part of the main quest. I'm still looking for Dandelion, someone captured him and I have to find like three people who know about it, how far along is all that?
>>
>>377725235
>Now I know you stay neutral in politics
Since when lmao
>>
>>377732508
Just jump on a ship to Skellige, you can get back to Novigrad later if it's feeling like a chore.
>>
>>377725235
But it did work
Roche just betrayed north, I wanted to kill him myself
also this >>377726101
>>
>>377732279
yeah it's true, they fucked up Novigrad which is why it drags on so long.
>>
>>377732279
It wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>377732508
how the fuck do you get stuck in a mission you just need to talk to some dudes follow the map nigger

you are like 1/3 in. maybe slightly more
>>
>>377726791
It's a reference to Polish history, there are lots of them in both books and games, as well as in the world in general. Roach's and Thaler's actions I mean, Djikstra was simply retarted
>>
>>377725235
The worst part is that he grabs a two handed axe and brings a half dozen goons to fight fucking Geralt. A fucking witcher, and one of the best in the entire world. A man who has survived encounters with some of the most ferocious monsters and psychopaths in the North.

And fatass thinks he can take him.

It was completely out of character and felt like it was a day were all the writers were completely out of it. That and the vampire murderer quest were just the worst examples of writing from the game.
>>
>>377732926

I'm not 'stuck', I'm bored of this city and don't want to play. I just wanted to know how fast I'd be outta there.

>>377732695
I'll head to Skellige, thanks.
>>
File: shoving-dijkstra.jpg (292KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shoving-dijkstra.jpg
292KB, 2560x1440px
>Shove Dijkstra. [Forcefully]
After I shoved him, I didn't look back
>>
>>377733394
Heard to Viking land asap. It's a breath of fresh air and you only get to the bad writing at the very end of it. After that Novigrad should be pretty quick to burn through and you get back to enjoying the game.
>>
>>377733741
>Shove forcefully

Was this a knowing joke from the writers?

I didnt want to fucking destroy his fatass.
>>
>>377733902
This. It's not like the dude was being a cunt to Triss or Yen either, he was just mad as fuck at Phillipa. Geralt doesn't even get along with the bitch. Novigrad could have been great but they definitely fucked it up in the key moments, in addition to that shit base game ending. Absolutely love everything else in the game though.
>>
>>377733370
Dont forget the Roche is there to, the fucking commander of the fucking Blue Stripes.

That entire end made no sense at all. It's like a doppler replaced Dijkstra.
>>
i actually liked novigrad. can't tell why all this hate
>>
>>377734251
Well actually...
>>
>>377733741
>can't bang Phillipa
What's the point of rescuing her in the first place?
>>
>>377734580
She's only into girls and fatasses anon
>>
>>377734580
>not leaving her tied to yennifer who will sodomize her with a giant strapon
>>
>>377734273

I don't hate it, but the setting is more claustrophobic and less adventurous than the earlier parts of the game, the story becomes a bunch of detective work in a city. Plus they stack on things you need to do before you can move on. I probably just spent too long before going to Skellige, I forgot I could start that at anytime. I guess the game is begging me at this point to leave which I will now do.
>>
>>377734832
i did all of novigrad before going to skellige and still don't get it
>>
>>377734273
It has a good beginning but everything starts to wear thin. The underworld plot starts to go off the rails from finding Ciri and some of the plots are just dropped or having unsatisfying conclusions. The Witchhunter general has barely any screentime despite being built up. Radovid is given very little time and his madness is not left up to interpretation which didnt feel like a Witcher story. The political coup is okay but it felt weird with how easy it is to catch Radovid out. Also the end is retarded. Dijskra has no real plan for when Geralt says "no". He literally just tries to kill him with an axe when Dijskra as he was shown previously would've never even attempted to duel Geralt.

Also there is no Analise or Ivoreth or any satisfying conclusion to the political subplot from 2 which was honestly very well done.

What we have is okay but it's the weakest part of the game because it has all the flaws of witcher 2's plot without any of its strengths. Also just disappointment too.
>>
>>377734251
>>377734375

New plothole: Geralt would notice
>>
hey geralt let's go bowling
>>
>>377735326
Not now Dandelion, I'm slaying drowners
>>
File: 1417839509023.jpg (151KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1417839509023.jpg
151KB, 800x800px
>>377735427
how about a round of cards? gwent specifically
>>
>>377735608
Fuck it, drowners can wait!
>>
>>377732279

Yeah, there was a long subplot planned involving Roche, Thaler, Iorveth and Ves with the rogue Nilfgaardian general acting as the villain of this arc. The final decision in this subplot would affect the outcome of the Radovid assassination plot with either Dijkstra killing Ves, Thaler and Roche or Nilfgaardians killing Dijkstra and the other members of the Big Four. Then they run out of time and money to finish it, so they had to put something in the last moment as a cheap replacement. Some of the ideas from this subplot were later used in Hearts of Stone expansion.
>>
>>377734981
Ive got a hunch all the Iorveth route shit will be fleshed out in Ciris game. Probably will go to Mahakam and Brokilon.

Inb4 there wont be a 4th game, CDPR has the gaming rights forever and the series popularity is at its highest saturation. I wouldnt be surprised if they were in the very early stages of writing out the main plot.
>>
>>377737930
Cyberpunk will come first and it seems like a massive project and a new Witcher game would possibly have to be even bigger than W3 to meet fans' expectations. Even if there will be a new Witcher game, which is definitely likely, it will take a fucking decade until we see it. Or almost as much.
>>
>>377738175
Oh of course. Im turning 25 in a few weeks and even Im not expecting it until Im in my 30s.

I think 77 is gonna release in early to mid 2019 and theyve also got one more undisclosed AAA IP in the works that they would do before returning to The Witcher world.
>>
>Djikstra wants to unite the North and push back nilfgaard and then later industralizes the north
>Thaler and Roche wants to sell out to emhyr and be his little bitch

Who do you think I sided with?
>>
>>377738705
toussaint is a puppet state of nilfgaard and they are doing very well
>>
>>377732284
Dijkstra was a good man in books. I mean he was a spy and, but he still had some principles and his hands were clean for the most part.
>>
>>377725235
CDPR admitted they fucked up with that quest. If I was project lead, i'd delay the whole game to fix such a glaring flaw.
>>
>>377733370
>That and the vampire murderer quest were just the worst
What's so bad about Carnal sins?
>>
>>377726293
He didn't say it was pasta you mong, he said it was the exact same thread we had last week and he's right.
>>
>>377725235
>startin the quest at all

Spotted the retard

I bet you didn't kill Letho either despite him trying to get you and your friends killed and kidnapped all game
>>
File: 1448507440045.jpg (55KB, 678x495px) Image search: [Google]
1448507440045.jpg
55KB, 678x495px
>>377725235

You are a fucking witcher, and they stay neutral in political decisions. yes Radovid was an exception but once it was over he had no right to intervene in Dijkstra's plan. That's why i just walked away
>>
File: The-Witcher-3-Letho.jpg (79KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
The-Witcher-3-Letho.jpg
79KB, 700x500px
>>377741798
>No hard feelings, Geralt.
I believed him. I let him go and was happy to see him again in TW3.
>>
Roche was ready to sell out to Nilfgaard, was glad to kill him. Agreed that Dijkstra trying to threaten Geralt was fucking stupid and out of character though.
>>
>>377742020

I like a good redemption story so when I found out about his role in Witcher 3 I was bummed out that I killed him in 2.
>>
>>377725235

This was theonly decision in Witcher 3 that made me mad because it wasnt well written
>>
>>377741970
You're also a fucking sentient being and your profession should never be a main basis for your actions.
>>
>>377742262
Yeah it's not a particularly good fight but I can see why most would just want to kill him. He's a decent character but isn't consistent if he wasn't smart enough to realise that Nilfgaard would kill him as soon as he killed the Kings to remove any connection.
>>
>>377742020
I let him go as well.
>>
>>377741654
I think he was agreeing with the guy he responded to saying the first post was copypasta he just forgot punctuation.
>>
I don't think Roche's agreement with the Emperor is spelled out clearly enough and as a result, most people side with him against Dijkstra. Dude sold out the whole north for his Temeria.
>>
>>377741479
For a game that is already in crunch mode for years and they probably delayed already multiple times to save some other quests? After a while you have to cut corners.
>>
Was anyone else dissapointed with toussaint? The first 5 minutes were great, ridin round with ur knight bros, killin giants, and then it very quickly devolves into velen 2.0 except sometimes sunnier.
>>
>>377741970
>and they stay neutral in political decisions
No they dont, witchers are a dying breed and the schools are not big or anything. So you can just chose what to do. On top of that witcher 2 already was loads of politics. And geralt also uses it as an excuse to avoid having to pick sides. Its not his personal code to do so, its more a convience.
>>
>>377729320
?
This is a lie. All the story/writers from Witcher 1 worked on Witcher 2 and Witcher 3.
Just look up the credits of all 3 games online. All their names are there on all 3 games.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.