[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come despite being one of the best IPs of the last 6 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: Dishonored_box_art_Bethesda.jpg (37KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored_box_art_Bethesda.jpg
37KB, 250x310px
How come despite being one of the best IPs of the last 6 years no one on /v/ ever talks about Dishonored?
>>
>>377717629
Because it's only decent
>>
File: 1493722101349.png (1MB, 631x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1493722101349.png
1MB, 631x1022px
>>377717629
too smart
>>
>>377717629
first game is legitimately great, but splitting the second game into a corvo/emily storyline made things less compelling for me. Game felt short, story fell flat, and it didn't sell all that well to boot. It's probably shelved until at least next console cycle.
>>
>>377717629
it's great game but also short
after you beat it once or twice there's really nothing to talk about
>>
>>377718145
People are such fucking retards my god
>>
>>377718145
This is literally why we can't have nice things
>>
/v/ is too dumb for Arkane games.
>>
>>377717629
Because when something is usually agreed on to be good there's not much to discuss or debate about.
>>
Because we've discussed it a lot already. The game is pretty old you know.

Such a shame that Arkane botched the release for Dishonored 2 on PC, its one of my favorite games and better than 1 in almost every single way, and all the ways that actually matter.
>>
Is the PC version of D2 fixed yet? I told myself I'd buy the game when it was but then I kind of forgot about it.
>>
>>377719623
What?
2 has a way more dull plot and Karnaca aint got shit on dunwall
Emily's powers also pale in comparison to Corvo
>>
As someone who loved Dishonored 1 and 2(despite the PC flaws), how is Prey?
>>
>>377719896
>>377719623
>PC flaws
What are those btw?
I heard it being horribly optimized, like a 1060 for 30fps@1080p
Whatelse did they fuck up?
>>
>>377719728
I love the game but it's not fixed yet and I honestly doubt it ever will. It runs well enough, I can get good frames on 4k but it still has these maddening and those towers with their fog lights still shit up the performance for no reason too.
>>
>>377719806
>plot
The one thing that didn't really matter. And lets stop pretending like Dishonored 1 somehow had a good plot to begin with.
>Karnaca aint got shit on dunwall
Purely subjective
I loved the change from brown, grey gloomy cities to sunny and colorful southern shores.
>Emily's powers also pale in comparison to Corvo
She has some really fun stuff man, if you don't want to use some of them just play NG+ with all the powers you want
>>377720014
Dishonored 2 on release ran like shit on most PCs, its mostly fixed now from what I heard.
Prey runs amazing supposedly.
>>
>>377720014
I'm just talking about the poor performance of 2.
>>
>>377718145
This is horrible, i hope you spam this picture to shame casuals.
>>
>>377719806
>Emily's powers also pale in comparison to Corvo
How so? She had a Blink clone and had the OP is fuck Domino and Mesmerise too.
>>
Because no crack yet
>>
Found the gameplay boring and repetitive.
>>
Well we learned that the game got seriously neutered during development to idiot-proof it.

It was an excellent game in most ways so the response to this was a bit of an overreaction, but it still feels sad that if the retarded playtesters didn't have such idiotic problems we could've gotten something much better.

I mean, I love Dishonored. I've beaten the main game several times and all the DLC multiple times. I love the art and how great the physics engine works in combat and the music and all the details in the environments. It's awesome...

But it could've been more awesome. Enemies have incredibly limited fields of view and hearing which renders them comically unable to see you unless you're directly in front of them. Blink and Dark Vision are free to cast and trivialize most of the game, with powers like stopping time acting as a "get out of jail free" card if somehow you fuck up. Arkane does some of the best first person combat systems in video games but Dishonored feels like a huge step down from Dark Messiah where you have a much more fleshed out system. Once you've played the missions once or twice you pick up on a totally risk free path through them that means you can beat them all in 5 minutes.

Again, I really do love this game, but it's in spite of some seriously bad design decisions that I can only describe as "lack of teeth." Like the developers were too afraid to make the game as challenging as it could have been, and as a result made something that just felt toothless. The tension in stealth and action come from danger, if the game is too easy there is no tension.
>>
>>377720382
Assumed since you mentioned the PC version specifically it had bugs or something the console version didn't
>>
>>377721440
It did. The performance issues.
>>
>>377721754
Nah, it wasn't unique to the PC port. Console versions ran poorly too. I should know, that was my first experience with D2. The PC port is still shitty but it does run much better than the console version (I tried the PS4 version) provided you have a modern rig.
>>
>>377721951
All console games run poorly, actually. The PC version had unique issues due to a rushed development.
>>
>>377721117
Why can't we have a casual mode where the game is played how the marketers and playtester retards intend it to be, and a hardcore mode where it is how the creators intend it to be?

I suppose that would be creating more work as you would effectively be making two games...
>>
>>377722167
You've a point there, just letting you know that the console versions didn't run up to snuff either despite the lowered standards of console gaming.
>>
>>377722392
How so? Most console games struggle to keep 30fps, if that's what you mean (except on the Pro). What other problems did they have?
>>
>>377718145
>Bowser says scram, there's no one at the castle
>Mario leaves
>>
>>377719806
Emily has some pretty broke powers once you get to Domino

>>377719728
Yes, don't listen to >>377720027 who can't tweak settings. I have a much less powerful machine and have zero issues with framerate with spotlights. The inky time I noticed a significant drop was when I had the time piece out. Whatever I was watching on the time piece dropped in framerate, though I guess that might stem from constant rendering of two places at once.

They also added NG+ and made it to where you can play all powers. So eventually I got time stop for Emily.

My critique is that Corvo is too damn chatty. He talks more than Emily
>>
>>377719896

Prey is great, any Dishonored fan would enjoy it as it's essentially Dishonored in space.
>>
>>377723171
It's honestly not entirely fixed yet. Like I said, I'm getting good framerate but the stuttering still happens and the volumetric lights from the towers, specifically, still shit up the performance. It's weird because volumetric lighting from every other source is perfectly fine. I agree about Corvo being way too chatty though, it just feels weird because he didn't say a goodamned word in the first game but just won't shut up in this one. I don't Emily being talkative though, that kinda fits her character.
>>
>>377723558
Hows the stealth?
>>
>>377719896
If you liked Dishonored (specifically the second) you'll love Prey.

It's a great game and even things like the sliding animation are taken straight from Dishonored.

Dishonored in space, but with more focus on spookes and abilities over stealth, though you can play stealthy if you want.
>>
>>377722225

>answering your own dumb question in the same post

Why did you even hit post nigger
>>
>>377723780

Not bad, about the same as Dishonored. You can consistently avoid combat if you can stealth kill mimics, all rooms are designed to give you options. The game's only real flaw is some occasionally wonky AI, especially with the mimics. Sometimes they'll run right by you without noticing you, or they'll trigger when you're not in the same room yet.
>>
dishonored is fucking garbage lmao
>>
Dishonored 2 Crack when!?
>>
>>377717629
It's not a good IP, Dishonored was incredibly mediocre and I'll never play Dishonored 2 due to it.
>God awful AI
>Small levels
>Yet another modern "stealth" game where you either choose to go Non-Lethal or Lethal
>95% of abilities & weapons are for the Lethal Route
>Too short
>>
>>377719623
2 was worse. I didn't like Karnaca at all.
>>
>>377717629
>guy was incriminated for murder
>go out to clean his name
>by murdering people
Also, game was just average to me.
>>
>>377726160
This
>>
>>377726513
>He murders people in Dishonored
What a casual
>>
>>377726513
>play the game a stupid way
>blame the developers
>>
>>377729010
>game advertises playing lethally and non lethally
>YOUR JUST PLAYING THE GAME WRONG
ok
>>
>>377726160
>Awful AI
Which changed with DLC, as stated in this article
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-designers-of-dishonored-bioshock-2-and-deus-ex-swap-stories-about-making-pcs-most-complex-games/3/
>small levels
Grant you that, but 2 has some nice, large levels
>non-lethal or lethal
This isn't a new concept to stealth. Thief (which is sited by Arkane as Dishonored's inspiration) even does it.
>95% powers and weapons lethal
Weapons in 1 I guess I'll give you that, but the only power which is lethal is rat swarm. Dishonored 2 gives you lots of nonlethal methods like 3 different nonlethal bolts, howler dust, stun mines, etc.
>Too short
Depends on playstyle. In 1 there are side missions you can easily miss without exploration. Or runes and bonecharm

>inb4 shill
I'm just sick of the trend on /v/ for people to lie in their critiques of games, or completely shit on something they have never played, even though they can be easily proven wrong. Why embarrass yourself like that?
>>
>>377729823
Your asinine logic is like saying "I hate playing a rogue" in an RPG where you can choose not to play a rogue.

Also, the game hamfists the irony of slaughtering in retribution for murder with its chaos system.
>>
>>377730403
I'm complaining because there's no replay value in 1 other than lethal. I did both and they were kind of boring, second run through more than the first
>>
>>377718145
>Test game all about sneaking around
>Literally have to sneak inside the party in the first place
>Never have the thought to maybe just sneak in upstairs
Like, I fully admit to being dense at times too, but how the fuck do you be this stupid?
>>
It's a 6 year old game. There is nothing to talk about
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.