[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to gearbox? What went wrong with Battleborn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1494352584204.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494352584204.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
What happened to gearbox?
What went wrong with Battleborn?
How much money did they lose?
How much money do they have left?
>>
>>377711124
Hopefully all of it
Hopefully none and have to close down for good
>>
>>377711194
>>Karma
for what?
>>Everything
I played it, it was decent fun but when I tried to play online it took 30~ minutes to connect and everyone was a much higher level and destroyed me and my friend.
>Hopefully all of it
>Hopefully none and have to close down for good
Damn, why do you hate gearbox?
>>
No Randy, no more (you)s
>>
Gearbox was never a big name, and their biggest claim to fame was an expansion pack to someone else's work. The Brothers in Arms franchise started off alright but they fucked all that with Hell's Highway.

Then Borderlands came out, was a surprise success, and the fame went right to Randy and company's heads; leading them to do such memorable things as stealing SEGA money and pushing out the half-assed Duke Nukem Forever just to say they could.

Fuck you Randy.
>>
>>377712279
Why did they fuck up duke nukem? I was annoyed with that. Loved the first level, it was really great and then everywhere became dark slimy caves and it was just dull
>>
>>377712279
Yeah stealing Sega's money for their own project was pretty fucking scummy.
I'm glad they (SEGA) didn't get bummed out on Alien after that though, Isolation was a neat game.
>>
>>377711124
Karma and Randy Pitchford happened.

Randy openly hates gamers, his target market.

Also, people are getting sick of hearing the word, "badass" used to describe EVERYTHING.
>>
>>377712742
>>Karma and Randy Pitchford happened.
what karma though, another anon also said that. What did Randy do?

>Randy openly hates gamers, his target market.
sauce?

>Also, people are getting sick of hearing the word, "badass" used to describe EVERYTHING.
kek true but that word lost all meaning to me, it just means "stronger enemy" to me at this point and I've completely forgotten the original meaning. (practically)
>>
>>377711449
Hates Gamers
Stole SEGA's money for Colonial Marines and used it for Borderlands Pre-Sequel.
>>
>>377712415
It's not so much that Gearbox was at fault for DNF as a whole, that was completely on 3D Realms being a bunch of incompetent lazy assholes for over a decade. Gearbox is at fault for not taking the burning bag of dogshit that 3D Realms on their doorstep and throwing in the garbage.

Though I'd consider DNF to be a stacked deck situation for Gearbox. IIRC they were contractually obligated to use the majority of the assets 3D Realms left them then again they were also only obligated to all Duke games from Forever onward and they somehow sleazeballed their way into getting ALL the Duke games and what they were left with was a mess; I believe the "sound file," yes that's singular, had every single piece of audio IN THE WHOLE GAME with a notepad file containing respective timestamps.

I can't fault Gearbox too much for that one, but I sure as shit can for what they are doing with the Duke IP now.
>>
>>377712949
>Stole SEGA's money for Colonial Marines and used it for Borderlands Pre-Sequel.
holy shit what? Sauce? That's fucking ridiculous. That game was so shitty and it's because of Gearbox?

>hates gamers
how so?
>>
>>377712935
http://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=randy+pitchford+hates+gamers
>>
>>377712989
That sounds fair enough although unfortunate.

>I can't fault Gearbox too much for that one, but I sure as shit can for what they are doing with the Duke IP now.
Are they making a new game? I have never heard anything about it.
>>
>>377713121
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/15/gearbox-ceo-randy-pitchford-gamer-criticism
this? this sounds really weird.
>>
>>377713182
>removed the Megaton Edition from distribution so they could sell their own half-assed "world tour" edition with less content a higher price tag
>shoehorned Duke into a Bulletstorm remaster nobody wanted
>>
File: 1468175190208.jpg (203KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
1468175190208.jpg
203KB, 1200x628px
Why doesn't anyone play this game?
>>
>>377715135
These 4-5 player coop human vs AI dont make it. Gauntlet, Vermintide, Helldivers, Nazi Zombie . . all dead.

Fags still like to ride Gaben LFD cock, tho.
>>
>>377715135
Racist misogynist Drumpf supporters kept harassing Randy because he stuck up for Muslims, females and minorities and he was too BADASS for them
>>
File: BduHV7F_d.jpg (124KB, 640x1041px) Image search: [Google]
BduHV7F_d.jpg
124KB, 640x1041px
>>377715135

I loved most of the cast but gearbox fucked up on thier business model.

Also Burch NEEDS to be fired. Article after article showing how his changes and politically motivated decisions were making the game worse.

People that that slimy cunt so much they actively datamine and nitpick voice lines to find any evidence of burch fucking a game up.

I cant support gearbox as long as that morin is around and in charge.
>>
>>377716764
>gearbox fucked up on thier business model.
didnt they spend fucktons on marketing? I heard they made tons of events and created 1:1 statues of all of the characters and enemies.

Yeah, Burch has overstayed his welcome in the game industry and he has mental issues as can be seen with his relationship with his now ex wife. That was excruciating to hear about even for me.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.