[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DS2>The Surge>DS3>Lords of the Fallen>Nioh>BB>DS1>Demon's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: soulsniohsurgeborne.png (563KB, 640x395px) Image search: [Google]
soulsniohsurgeborne.png
563KB, 640x395px
DS2>The Surge>DS3>Lords of the Fallen>Nioh>BB>DS1>Demon's

You can't refute and not be objectively wrong
>>
>>377708787
Ape Escape 4 > all of that shit
>>
File: fullmetaljacket.jpg (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
fullmetaljacket.jpg
72KB, 1024x576px
>>377708787
DaS3>BB=DeS=Nioh=DaS>DaS2>The Surge
>>
File: IMG_0845.jpg (96KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0845.jpg
96KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>377708787
Fire Fades > SOTFS > Prepare to Die > Demon's Souls
tiers might change when Demon's Souls Remaster comes out with the Northern Limit finished and patched in
>>
>>377708787
>hurr muh posting

I cant deal with not knowing all the secrets in these games so having to hope enough people play the surge for the wiki to get any amount of stuff is killing me. Probably gonna play BB again in the mean time since fast is the mood.
>>
>>377708787
Ds2 > ds1 > bb

I haven't played any of the garbage ones.
>>
Nioh > the rest

i want this genre to die
>>
>>377709658
silly anon, genres never die
only fads. then they get replaced for even worse fads
>>
>>377708787
swap > with < and it's pretty much right
>>
>>377709658
as a genre yeah, having good level design can be on other games that are actually good though
>>
>>377708787
>Lords of the Fallen
WRONG
>>
>>377709771
>RTS
>>
>>377709956
Command & Conquer is just a series, not a genre
>>
I don't get what people see in DaS3.
It's a buggy and halfassed mess that does the bare minimum required to technically be a souls game by having a really stripped down and lame combat system and a world that's barely not just a straight line.
Relative to DaS1 and its PS3/360 constraints it only looks passably mediocre graphically when considering that the limitations have moved ahead an entire generation of consoles.
Unless you're swayed by the ubiquitous undercooked fanservice the only thing the game has going for it is that it has a smattering of decent bosses and levels that aren't as bad as the worst examples of DaS2.
>>
If the surge or lords of the fallen are anywhere but at the end of your arbitrary tier list you are objectively a mongoloid who has the most plebian and pedestrian taste in your videogames and entertainment media in general.
>>
been playing the surge and that central place is giving me serious das1 vibes when your in the burg the first time and shortcuts abound in a cleverly built stacked mess

shame its missing variety
>>
>>377708787
PS4 exclusives(Bloodborne, Nioh)>multiplatforms
>>
File: 02b88cac72cdbf2d4b84742f1af8ef6e.png (875KB, 1400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
02b88cac72cdbf2d4b84742f1af8ef6e.png
875KB, 1400x1600px
BB>DS3>DS1>Demon's>Nioh>The Surge>DS2>Surgio Bologna
>>
>>377710052
Show me all the new good RTS releases. Back in the 90's we saw a new RTS being released literally each week. Not so much anymore. Last new RTS I played was 8-bit Horde but it's just a derivative of WarCraft so I'm hesitant to call it new.
>>
Bloodborne>Demon's Souls>Nioh>DS3>DS1>DS2>The Surge>Lords of the Fallen
>>
>>377708787
I can't even reverse your list to make it right because it's not implying Lords of the Fallen is absolute garbage.
>>
File: 1494539723163.jpg (43KB, 411x418px) Image search: [Google]
1494539723163.jpg
43KB, 411x418px
>>377708787
pretty good bait mate
>>
>>377708787
This is bait

>>377709029
This is objectively true
>>
>>377710485
>show me all the new
okay, let's see what's on Steam
>good
that's a whole new can of worms there anon, bring the goalpost back where it was
>>
I finally got around beating ds2.

What the fuck was that final skeleton boss, easy af. Did I get the worst ending ?
>>
>>377710796
the lady with lasers?

thats the terrible ending without all the good dlc bosses
>>
File: 617x.jpg (47KB, 617x347px) Image search: [Google]
617x.jpg
47KB, 617x347px
Seriously though, looking back LOTF was a darn fine game. I wonder how Deck13 could fuck up a fail safe formula like the carbon copy of Bloodborn they shipped...
>>
File: 2015-01-05_00008.jpg (470KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-05_00008.jpg
470KB, 1920x1080px
>>377711046
No it wasnt, it was hot garbage.

Fine once to waste time but thats it.
>>
>>377711046
It was really shitty. I don't know what you are on. They fucked up basic fundamental things like the feeling of combat.
>>
>>377710796
yes, you aren't supposed to go into that room and get roasted
beat all 3 DLCs and get the crowns mentioned in the DLC names, then give them to the king back in the crypt below the Touhou Swamp
then you kill the skellington lady
>>
File: Ecstasy.png (238KB, 650x614px) Image search: [Google]
Ecstasy.png
238KB, 650x614px
>>377709250
>Demon's Souls Remaster
On pc?
>>
>>377711045
>>377711385
Well shit, gotta play new game then. Thanks anons.
>>
>>377709250
>Demon's Souls Remaster comes out with the Northern Limit finished and patched in

It's never going to happen.

And that breaks my heart
>>
>>377711384
>>377711385

> t. fromdrones trying to shitpost in every soulslike thread that is not about their dicksucking muh miyazakis magnum opus
>>
>>377711619
right after Bayonetta 2
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw1m2M8JdkU
>>
>>377711735
>fromdrones

Except Nioh has the best combat out of all games of this "genre." Don't be made because Lords of the Fallen plays like liquid anal discharge.
>>
>>377709250
Demon's Souls remaster with the land of giants archstone is actually my fucking videogame wet dream, right next to Silent Hills actually getting made
>>
>>377711736
So the year after next?
>>
>>377711916
Nioh has the /deepest/ combat out of this genre. Not best. Bloodborne feels better and less clunky.
>>
>>377711046
Nah, fuck off. Played that shit until the first boss and my impressions were:
>lame Bioware conversations that I don't care about
>literally walked past enemies and tanked their damage
>combat felt sluggish and unengaging
Poop.
>>
>>377712069
Respectfully disagree. I don't like how Bloodborne feels even compared to normal souls games. To make combat feel good I had to play the entire game with a hammer. Nioh has much better feeling fast paced weapons and many satisfying elements that just make everything feel good (like how fast and good parrying feels.)
>>
File: 936.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>even including lords of the Fallen on the list
>putting it above ds1, bb, demon, nioh

Not even subtle. Lords of the Fallen is absolute garbage, and everyone knows bloodbourne and nioh are like the 2 best games on that list.

Baiting is an art. You can't post something so completely wrong. Just like be a little wrong to where people might think you're actually just a little retarded.
>>
>>377711916
> spam triangle to win
> triangle for attacking, of all the buttons
> not R1

Are we back to SNES times?
>>
>>377712232
Well I didn't experience it the same way but fair enough
>>
>>377712076
> Surge shill full defense force activated
>>
>>377712438
>A trigger is somehow more normal than the button for attacking that is traditionally heavy attack in action games.

Jesus did Frombabies start playing games on the 360?
>>
>>377712438
Nioh is as much "spam triangle to win" as Dark Souls is "spam R2 to win"
>>
>>377712539
How does shitting on LotF make me a shill for The Surge?
>>
>>377712069
great combat, awful AI and enemy variety that doesn't adequately reward the effort it takes to pull off cool stuff

I have the plat and I just spammed that cheap 2kat slash for most of the game even after familiarizing myself with advanced combos because it just werks on most enemies and bosses

a lot of that depth is wasted because there's no incentive to leverage it, they could've just saved the effort and smoothened out the core combat and stances and their feel/animations to make it more slick like BB and the game would've been much better for it. I love Nioh but it really felt like a last gen game to play, even For Honor has more satisfying and compelling combat in comparison.
>>
>>377711046
It was barely mediocre. I got it for free and still haven't beat it. Can't force myself to sit down and play this shit. Combat is so fucking clunky and slow. Just an all around forgettable, almost mediocre game. Little worse than mediocre.

The only reason it sold any copies is because it came at a time when there was no souls likes in the market. So people subjected themselves to this garbage since they liked the genre so much.
>>
>>377712539
>Disliking LotF, which was shit, somehow means he likes The Surge, which is shit.

What?
>>
>>377710060
>DaS3
>buggy
nigga it's the most polished out of the series
>>
>>377712984
just do it anon, it's babby mode if you've ever beaten any of the Souls games before and it will just take your time from lunch down to evening.
pick the warrior class, equip shit accordingly to not fatroll and you're set for guaranteed victory, the game showers you with potions
>>
>>377712853
I think there's something to be said for simplified combat as well. The stances and advanced shit in Nioh is largely wasted. I guess it's neat but this ain't a fighting game. I don't think a super deep combat system is necessary and it hampers the combat more than anything else. Dark souls have always had combat that was just deep enough to be interesting without being so shallow it got repetitive or boring. Nioh just feels like it has too much going on in its combat, especially when you'll probably only ever use about a 3rd of any weapons moveset.
>>
~(DS2>The Surge>DS3>Lords of the Fallen>Nioh>BB>DS1>Demon's)
Fixed that for (OP)
>>
>>377708787

deck13 pls go
>>
>>377713351
>I don't think a super deep combat system is necessary and it hampers the combat more than anything else.

I fucking hate casuals.

Nioh's problem isn't the combat is too deep, it's that retards like you couldn't handle more variety in enemies that force you to use it so they made it easier.
>>
>>377713295
There are much better games I could play. Roblox or cookie clicker for instance.

No but honestly, I haven't even finished Nier or Persona 5 yet. I continue to get stuck playing other competitive games with my friends since I only play single player if none of my group is online. But yeah, I'd probably play the surge if anything, fuck lotf it's just budget souls.
>>
>>377708787
>The 4 best games
>Worse then the 4 worst games.

Lotf is a fucking tragedy of a game that hits no fucking marks fuck off.
>>
When did this meme of DS2 being good start? The base game is hot garbage, barely passible as souls. No matter how good the dlc is, I can't imagine it could make up for all the other problems.
>>
>>377713187
It still has bugs and oversights though, not necessarily bug ridden but also not clean of them even on a surface level inspection. The blatant gamebreaking bugs like falling though the map have probably been fixed since release but there's still a fair amount of untouched shit like the Stormruler or what Greirat stocks after his first two thieving trips or various other dumb things.
It's not like the series even sets the bar very high for polish. It's like a politician nowadays claiming to be the most honest man in the running.
>>
>>377708854

https://youtu.be/q89SCmX02Hc
>>
>>377713597
Look at the person I replied to. My issue isn't the combat is too difficult. It's just mostly comprised of moves you won't use. Like you don't need that many moves.

Give me a light and a heavy. Let me mix light and heavies for combos. Charged heavy attack. Dashing attack. Jumping attack. And then give me an offhand weapon and let me switch between weapons.

Having all these stances and special moves and shit is just complicating things and making them seem more deep than they actually are. Why do I need to do long ass combos in a game like this? Most the combat is still kinda hit and run footsies really. Like I said it's not like I'm trying Marvel vs Soulslike 3 Fate of Ki-pulsing.

Also I really like Nioh. I'm just trying to say the combat could've been simplified and been just as good if not better. Also I really liked the kipulse mechanic and stamina management in the game.
>>
>>377714073
you're turning things upside down, it's not that people claim DS2 is good, but the meme that's being pushed is "anything related to DS2 is bad".
SOTFS is a decent game and has at least tried to make the base game better while also including the DLCs that made it enjoyable.
but no, for the memesters that's not enough, the meme overload was so strong that DS3 got shat on by proxy during the time it was released just because it had references to the giants and the sunlight covenant / Solaire.
>>
>>377713885
It's bait, you newfag.
>>
DaS 3 > DaS 1 > BB > DaS 2
>>
>>377714319
>Why do I need to do long ass combos in a game like this?

Because it's fun.

> Most the combat is still kinda hit and run footsies really.

If you took three seconds to look at all the "useless" skills you had, you would realize you never have to hit and run.

This game is trying to be closer to Ninja Gaiden and it succeeds. Where it fails is it needs harder enemies like Ninja Gaiden with the sequel, which maybe it will do if it's not afraid to ramp up the difficulty.
>>
>>377710060
You might see it as lazy/barely enough content, but I actually enjoyed that the areas were streamlined and not as large. The weapon balance and new weapon arts were also great additions IMHO and the build diversity is not as bad as everyone claims.

I tried to go back through dark souls 2 last night because i never bothered with the DLC before, but the combat is so fucking slow and floaty-feeling compared to DaS3. Honestly, go play 2 again and you will see how unbearably unpolished that game is. From the way the enemies throw firebombs to the fall animations, the slow repetitive swings of the enemies that can only be a challenge if they throw 4 or 5 at you at the same time, it really all feels like they just threw a bunch of assets down on the maps once they completed them rather than making an interesting level.

I thought DaS2 was OK when it came out, but it's unplayable after BB and DaS3.
>>
>>377714372

I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt on the dlc and any changes that were made along with it because I beat it at release and then never touched it again after the lightning spear nerf. So I can understand it being decent instead of bottom tier.

Ive just noticed that recently a good chunk of tier lists have DS2 far above every other game, if not the top game. Unless theres just that many shitposters.

Maybe SoulsBorne is suffering from the Zelda cycle now too.
>>
>>377714617
I personally didn't really get the Ninja Gaiden feel of having to juggle enemies with combos. It still felt more like a souls game to me. Idk maybe I played it wrong, but I got through the game just using the few attacks I liked and barely doing any sort of combo strings that I'd be doing in a game like ninja Gaiden.

Sure it might be fun to link a big string of moves together. But it's still not necessary, so why go for them? The few moves I use work fine. Just like souls all I need is like 4 or 5 core moves. More about positioning and timing, not so much about muscle memory combos and shit like a fighting game or character action game.
>>
Should I get NiOh?

I have enjoyed, to varying degrees, of all the Soulsborne games and felt the purchases were worth the money overall even with the weakest entries. Also loved Dragon's Dogma, NG:B and Sigma 2
>>
>>377715190
>Unless theres just that many shitposters.
There are.
>>
>>377715261
>Sure it might be fun to link a big string of moves together. But it's still not necessary, so why go for them?

To...have fun? You are complaining the game is more boring or the depth is shit because you were able to play it like Dark Souls, so the game should just remove any variety so everybody can play it like you did.

I am saying the game has depth and it would be shittier without it and I don't care if you played it like a pussy, it's completely possible to play it like a raging samurai god and that is what makes it great. It's mastery.

It's like you played Devil May Cry and complained you never HAD to do the SSS combos to beat the game and could technically beat it using only one combo even on DMD.
>>
>>377715756

Nioh is BB woth deeper combat and equipment customization in my experience.
>>
>>377715756
Yes, you will probably enjoy Nioh. I'd say from everything you said you are a 90% match.
>>
>>377717739

No waifu is gonna hurt though.

Yes I know about the transformation stuff but from the minimal amount of research I have done, you can't play as one until at least half way through the game and a lot of farming. Which is ridiculous for a Team Ninja game to have so much barrier behind waifus
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.