[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aware me on pic related Tried Divinity: OS once before but couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: arrpeegee.png (464KB, 602x374px) Image search: [Google]
arrpeegee.png
464KB, 602x374px
Aware me on pic related

Tried Divinity: OS once before but couldn't get into it. Just felt like a chore, no fun at all

Haven't touched Dragon Age: Inquisition after nearly puking myself to death upon touching Dragon Age 2.

Is Divinity worth a second try? Does DA:I hold a candle to Origins?

Are western RPGs even worth it anymore after CDPR shat on everyone else with the delightful Witcher 3?

inb4 play teenage JRPG drivel, no thank
>>
>>377699392
Divinity: OS was actually pretty good imo. Same goes for Wasteland 2.
>>
>>377699392
DA:I is alright, though the side-quests are usually shit, the open-world is basically empty and conpanions are meh. The DLC are fairly decent lorewise.It's worth maybe 20 bucks imo
>>
>>377699392
>Does DA:I hold a candle to Origins?
lolnope.avi
and oh boy that game has chores
>>
>>377699392
But OP, D:OS is one of the best cRPGs in the last decade. What kind of shitter are you?
>>
Get someone to play Divinity: OS with you. It's a whole lot of fun co-op, but singleplayer it's just okay.
>>
>>377699392
Divinity is the best fucking rpg of the last decade. Maybe you should think about your shit taste if you seriously think about playing dragonage instead.
>>
>>377699392
What >>377699717 said. Get a friend to play it with and you'll have a blast. The amount of shenanigans two human players can get into with it is pretty interesting.
>>
>>377699392
DA:I is one of the best RPG's I can think of in recent memory. People here don't seem to remember how badly designed DA:O was.
Example(s): Dat order cancelling at the beginning of combat, difficulty spikes, bugs that persist to this day.

DA:I has a few bugs, but fuck, the combat is so much better. It's a weird but good fusion of DA2's action combat and DA:O's strategy, just without the unwieldyness or all the order cancelling horse shit.
I couldn't speak on Divinity myself.
Dorian is best romance by the by.
>>
>>377699710
> Hail, Generic Hero™, and welcome to Generic Fantasy World™. Y
> Your quest is to destroy an ancient evil™ that is resurrecting zombies!
> But first, enjoy walking around this town for god knows however long
> Also there's some adolescent Imp in a Parallel Dimension™ that lectures you about Ancient Evil™
> Presented by mediocre voice acting, shitty inventory management and uninteresting companions

Gave up around 6 hours. If you tell me it gets better I'm willing to give it another shot, but from my exposure it's pretty much 3/10
>>
>>377700040
if you hate fun so much go ahead and play inquisition lol
>>
>>377700040
We already know you are gay. There's no need to tell us.
>>
>>377699392
Divinity: OS is pretty good, not the best thing ever, but the setting and the combat is fun

DA:I Is just as bad, if not even worse than DA:2; the only reason it got better reviews is because people's standards dropped, it honestly feels like a shitty, empty, single player MMO with the most mind-numbingly boring quests, Just replay DA:O or Witcher 3, BG2, etc.
>>
>>377700040
>he plays RPGs for the story
>he plays VIDEO GAMES for the story
FBFP
>>
>>377700040
I, too, can boil down stories to tropes and make myself sound cool.
Fucking dumbass.
Tropes =/= cliches. You literally can't find a story that doesn't have tropes.
Here's Deus Ex. Prepare your anus.
>Hail, Generic Messiah™ and welcome to Crapsack Cyberpunk World™
>Your quest is to destroy the despotic government™ which is oppressing the people™ using a plague™ made by Evil Technology™ using your bionic-man powers™
>But first, enjoy wandering around the piss-soaked alleys of New York City™ and Hong Kong™
>Also, there's this asian scientist who lectures you about Evil Technology™
Fuck off.
>>
File: Checkin.png (990KB, 964x802px) Image search: [Google]
Checkin.png
990KB, 964x802px
>>377700162
>>377700189
Triggered fanbois in my chans? Can it be?
>>
>>377700005
The combat for DAI is not even fucking designed for keboard and mouse, it's complete shit, and don'f fucking tell me you played DA:O for the combat, it had fun characters(some of them), there is not companion in DA:I that is not absolutely cringe inducing boring generic horseshit
>>
>>377700365
why would be triggered if you're the one with bad taste
>>
DA:I plays like a single player MMO. There isn't a single actual sidequest with any substance whatsoever aside from one involving Cullen and getting an item that you can use in a boss fight. Otherwise, everything is completely unsubstantial at best or laundry list style "collect all the stuff marked on the map" kind of bullshit. It has some of the worst party members of any Bioware game, the combat sucks, there's almost nothing in the way of actual roleplaying, and the story is boring as shit. Avoid it at all costs. Origins is still the only good one.
>>
>>377700365
You should head over here
>>>/cm/
>>
>>377699392
>Does DA:I hold a candle to Origins?
Not at all
>>
>>377700461
Combat is subjective. I enjoyed it more than Origin. Go play through origin to understand.

Sten is a Stoic Warrior™
Allistair is a Reluctant Paladin King™
Morrigan is the Sexy Witch™
Leliana is the Murder Nun™
Shale is the Unfeeling Robot™ (who actually has unexplored depths!™)
Zevran is a Hitman™
Oghren is a drunken dwarf™
Wynne is a compassionate, milfy mage™

Meanwhile
Cassandra is a paladin who doubts herself, and hates that she failed her mother figure.™
Blackwall isn't who you think he is(™)
Iron Bull... I can't think of many tropes, but he's fucking funny.
Varren is also a fairly unique character. There's probably a few tropes I'm missing.
You can't tell me that besides Justice, Cole isn't something special. Maybe the Autist™ but that doesn't do him justice.
Dorian is a gaymage XD
Vivienna is the conniving bitch with a heart™
and Solas.. well, solas is something special too.
Think before you speak.
>>
>>377700938
>tropes are automatically shit
Shouldn't you be working on your youtube video series?
>>
>>377701036
I'm pointing out that tropes aren't bad. You can't avoid them. They're how stories work. NOTHING IS ORIGINAL ANYMORE.
And that's not a bad thing. What matters is how it's all assembled. And DA:O and DA:I are assembled quite well.
>>
File: 1494750431850.jpg (244KB, 1000x934px) Image search: [Google]
1494750431850.jpg
244KB, 1000x934px
Don't play DA:I unless you have Descent and Trespasser. Then prepare for the greatest antagonist of all time, and some awesome music.

D:OS is always better with a friend, and if you're playing an air/water mage.
>>
>>377701238
FUCK YOU EGGHEAD
>>
File: 1489679232664.jpg (26KB, 698x672px) Image search: [Google]
1489679232664.jpg
26KB, 698x672px
>>377699584
This, haven't played DLC yet but quest in DA:I are fucking shit. Fetch quest after fetch quest after fucking fetch quest. I have some kind of OCD and I must complete most of the q on map. It's unbearable shit experience
>>
>>377700938
Back to whatever shithole you came from.
>>
>>377701253
I must secure the existence of my people and a future for fade children.
>>
>>377701238
Is Descent good DLC?
>>
>>377701238
>Then prepare for the greatest antagonist of all time
Stop pushing this shitty meme
>>
>>377699392
well to be absolutely honest Origins is pretty shit
but DA:I surpasses it by aeons
>>
>>377701258
>My autism prevents me from enjoying video games
>>377701305
I'll pass
>>377701364
He's seriously an awesome villain. I hope that in DA4 he's just as good. Should I make a female elf playthrough that romances him for import, you think? I'm thinking of my timeline to be Asshole Bloodmage(DAO)>Rogue Hawke(DA2)>Elven Mage Inquisitor(DAI)>Before whatever warrior/battlemage type is in Tevinter.
>>
>>377701439
Do you like exploring dwarven ruins? Then yeah. It's basically a huge lore dump for their history, lyrium, titans and forgotten magic, but leaves you with more questions
>>
>Dragon Commander was supposed to be a bigger game but was rushed out for emergency funds for Original Sin
>They made Original Sin bigger and gave it an Enhanced Edition
>No Enhanced Edition for Dragon Commander to make it more like their original vision
>>
>>377701524
You got that backwads
>>
>>377701592
really? didnt they kickstart OS?
>>
>>377701608
Gameplay in Origins is terrible.
>>
>we'll finally get a new game with a functioning campaign building toolset and GM mode with DivOS2
Thank god. I was worried we'd never get that kind of stuff ever again.
>>
>>377699392
Cisquisition is shit. Boring combat, insufferable party members, endless MMO starting area-tier fetch quests and a story with zero surprises a shit ending. You kill Corypheus in a lame five minute boss fight. And that's it. Please buy Trespasser to see the real ending.
>>
>>377701553
>My autism prevents me from enjoying video games
Fuck off, I did the same with W3 and enjoyed hell out of it.
>>
File: me.jpg (2MB, 2558x2400px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
2MB, 2558x2400px
>>377701553
Female elf mage should've been the only protagonist available in DAI. Here's my favorite timeline:
>romance tsundere swamp witch, make alistair king, loghain joins wardens
>romance autistic blood mage gf, be honest with arishok, side with the dindus
>romance solas, conscript templars, ask to join solas for returning the fade, leave loghain in the fade, conscript grey wardens, top lel pope, disband inquisition
>>
>>377701668
Yeah, but they still needed money to keep their doors open despite the kickstarter. Kickstarter and DC were the only things keeping them in business.
>>
>>377700328
But deus ex is crap.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.