[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does metroid prime 2 stack up against 1 and 3? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 544
Thread images: 69

File: 250px-Echoesboxart_(Large).jpg (31KB, 250x328px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Echoesboxart_(Large).jpg
31KB, 250x328px
How does metroid prime 2 stack up against 1 and 3?
It's the only one I never got around to playing, i'm considering emulating it
>>
I hear some people thought it was better than 1. Personally I didn't enjoy it as much. The game has you exploring a barren planet with overcast sky through most of the game, and then you go through those same areas but in a parallel dark version of those same places. Ultimately I thought that 1 had more variety level design wise and was more enjoyable to explore. Otherwise I think they were pretty much the same.
>>
>>377697748
It's fantastic, you should play it
>>
Its generally considered the best.
For good reason

I like 3 the most but I think objectively 2 is the best prime.
>>
Well if you liked 1 and 3 I don't see a reason for why you wouldn't like this, you should definitely play it
>>
>>377697748
legit the best next to 1...EXCEPT the keys for the last boss. fuck that shit
>>
>>377697748
It's basically link to the past in 3D and with metroid.
In other words it's fantastic.
>>
Best one in the Prime trilogy. It has a cool dark atmosphere to it.
>>
>>377697748
I think it's the MM to OoT situation.
Prime 2 builds on 1, but only because it reuses so much content. Ultimately, I like OoT and Prime 1 more. However, I understand how people can like the new elements MM and Echoes adds to the game formula.

I will say that replaying the MP Trilogy on the hypermode, MP2's boss is pretty tedious in ways that hypermode Meta Ridley and Metroid Prime weren't.
>>
>>377697748
prime 2 is the game that taught me how "it gets good after ____ hours" is total bullshit
>>
Best game in the trilogy and my second favorite game of all time. Everything about it is amazing. Please play it.
>>
>>377698702
I bet you thought that the other weapons were unlimited and quit after running out of ammo.
>>
>>377698916
>m-muh backtracking for sky keys waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>377698916
no i played through the whole thing

sanctuary fortress was the only good part and it didn't justify putting up with the rest of the game
>>
>>377697748
It's my favorite out of the 3 but you'll usually hear Prime 1 is better & Prime 3 is worse.
>>
>>377697748
it's really good.

the powerups are neat, and it has an edgier atmosphere that works.
>>
Great game. Better than 3, but not as good as 1.
>>
It's a great game, just like the other two. I prefer the first one but it's still definitely worth playing.
>>
if you ever played link to the past and thought to yourself "i wish this was more tedious in every way" then this is the game for you
>>
File: 2013-06-22_00007.jpg (398KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-22_00007.jpg
398KB, 1920x1080px
On par with prime 1, much better than prime 3.
>>
>>377699150
>>377699645
>>377699887
What's the wrong with prime 3 compared to the others?
Is the the focus on characters and story over loneliness and atmosphere?
I played it once back when it came out so my memory is sketchy but i remember the environments blowing me away
>>
>>377699792
Bait
>>
File: 2013-06-12_00001.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-12_00001.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
>>377700508
>No atmosphere
>Dumbed down exploration
>Multiple planets instead of a single massive and interconnected one
>Stacking beams
>Hypermode
>Items revealed on your map
>Other characters constantly breaking the sense of isolation

Pic related is a Metroid side character done right

>Never gets out of there
>Never contacts you via a radio
When you're far into Dark agon wastes you feel alone, which is great.
>>
>>377700508
For me, it was a combination of the lack of the traditional Metroid isolation, combined with the study itself being a very underwhelming conclusion to what was set up by 1 & 2. I personally didn't like the environments nearly as much as I did Prime 1 and 2's (virtually no diversity within individual planets), and they had very little exploration. Also, beam stacking instead of beam switching.
>>
>>377698145
Personally, I loved how desolate and oppressive Echoes felt. Prime 1 still had this feeling of mystical wonder to it despite the fact that you were exploring an abandoned planet that was already pretty much fully corrupted. Meanwhile, Aether's incredibly depressing atmosphere gave the game a completely different feeling.
>>
>>377700508
Partially, yes, it takes way too long for the game to start for me and I really appreciate that atmosphere the Metroid games are known for, also I really feel like if Metroid is going to do story the dialogue should be brief or it all should be done through visual story telling and not some fucking brain communicating with me non-stop during gameplay.

Also I didn't like how the areas were broken up into their own planets, sure it helps give variety on environments and I think shit like the Pirate Homeworld & Skytown (best area by the way) are super dope but I don't know, it really made shit too disconnected for me.

Recently I tried replaying it since I've replayed Prime 1 & 2 so much I even started doing randomizer runs but going back to it was hard, I couldn't even bare with the motion controls anymore and how you're forced to pull the levers and shields off enemies, like the stuff has potential but going back on it I just couldn't get into it and dropped it. That being said I don't mean to come off as if I think it's a bad game but it's just not for me.
>>
>>377697748

I really liked the guys you were helping in this game. Not only their design, but that their tech was compatible with yours.
>>
File: 1317871950506.jpg (696KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1317871950506.jpg
696KB, 1024x1024px
It's Prime 1, but harder and has A Link to the Past gimmick of light world dark world (not exactly the same, mind you)

I fucking love it, but people get really upset about it being too hard for them. Just keep these in mind and you should be fine:
>use dark beam to destroy enemies and crates to get light beam ammo
>use light beam to get dark beam ammo
>if you run out of ammo you can charge your shot to get a weaker version of a regular shot, still useful to get ammo from crates and shit
>the 4th beam ammo is OP as fuck, abuse it and enjoy it

go ahead and play it, enjoy the best Metroid Prime game (and I love all of them, mind you)
>>
It's basically Prime 1 but more. The dark word and beam ammo can be a bit irritating, but it feels like DLC for the original game, so whatever.]

Prime 3 sucks.
>>
>>377700508
You have to actually aim
You control the ship
Fanservice like seeing the pirate homeworld
Its on the wii
Rundas
>>
>>377702241
>You have to actually aim
Not the point of the series at all. and lock on is still there
>You control the ship
Pointless, the ship is just another "item"
>Pirate homeworld
I would much prefer a world layout like prime 1 instead
>Rundas
Dies early in the game, Metroid isn't supposed to have character interaction like that anyways.

His boss theme along with Gandrayda are actually really good though.
>>
>>377703265
Yeah I am saying all of those are bad things.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
>>377697748
Its good, and its got the best boss battle in the prime series
>>
File: 2013-06-21_00015.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-21_00015.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
>>377703385
I saw rundas there and thought otherwise.
Everyone seems to love him.

I couldn't care less.

Umos was much better than him.
>>
>>377703610
Everything I listed is horrible

Prime 3 is the worst metroid and probably the worst wii game

I loved Prime 2 so much but after 3 I am glad metroid is dead.
>>
>based Mothbros
>desert region
>spiderball bossfight
>that Light suit
>shinesparking(?) and walljumping in 3D
>light/dark world gimmick that actually works
>enemies that fuck with your HUD
>actually get to see what the Galactic Federation do
>several great bosses
>Samus has a real personality
>SANCUTARY FORTRESS
This is the best Metroid EVER.

But I knew ahead of time to just look up where the keys are and not get bogged down with tedious searching. I could understand someone hating this game if they didn't do that.
>>
>>377703818
To be honest they should've gone all out with with the desert and bog instead of splitting up like so

>Desert | Pirate facilities
>Torvus Bog | Underground water facilities

Sanctuary is remembered the most fondly because it has one theme and sticks to it the whole way. Torvus Bog is the worst in this regard. The surface is so fucking promising, and then it's whatever as fuck.
>>
>>377698260

This. I love the difficulty for this game but those keys were unreasonable.
>>
File: Sanctuary_Fortress.png (1MB, 1760x660px) Image search: [Google]
Sanctuary_Fortress.png
1MB, 1760x660px
>>377697748
I prefer it to 1 and 3, although I'll admit that's a highly subjective opinion. Most of what >>377698145 says is technically true, although he didn't perceive it the same way I did. The Luminoth world is mostly barren, bleak and desolate, and you get the feeling that even before the disaster which has befallen the planet is was a very grim place. Where there is some vegetation it's run wild and rampant, and the structures are the works of madman - hive like temples, giant submerged energy generators, a semi sentient fort built a mile over some neon hell.

One of the things I really like about Metroid is how closely myth and science is blended. There's a blurred line between what's temple and what's power plant, what's a statue and what's a robot and even what's reason and belief (the chozo and luminoth are both obviously highly advanced tehnically, yet they place a lot of trust in visions and omens that can't be explained by science). Compared to 1 and 3 I think Echoes more clearly highlights this relationship.
>>
>>377700885
my man
I agree completely. Aether's is not a nice place and it's not supposed to be comfy.
>>
>>377697748
the highs are higher than the original - it feels more unique from the environments to the new items. however there is a lot of repetition and the purple dark world gets old fast.

the dark world ends up making it a poorer experience than metroid prime but it's well worth a play.
>>
>>377703949
That boss and the SpiderBall Guardian can fuck right off

Every boss in that game has A+ music though
>>
>>377700885
Prime 1 just got too comfy with the soundtrack. Make the soundtrack more tense or alien, and the game would be more like you want.

The final segment before the Metroid Prime was appropriately tense.
>>
>>377703949
>>377704415
are you both aware you were supposed to fight the boost guardian in morph ballmode right?
>>
>"massive war" between ing and luminoth
>only see about 20 of each througout the game

>ing are black spiky blobmonsters of no appreciable intelligence
>they live in a tron-themed techo-tower

>dark world is intended to be an oppressive and difficult break from the normal game
>they throw suits and items at you to allow you to survive in there and then make you spend half the game there

metroid prime 2 is kind of a weird game
>>
>>377703962
I get that feeling of a baron world even before the troubles took over but I always imagined the Luminoth as an isolated species with their high-rise sanctuaries
They dont feel like a species that regularly roamed the planet as Samus had to so the planet felt wild and baron enough to make sense
>>
It has the best area in the franchise but other than a few bosses I basically didn't like anything else.
>>
>>377700885
>>377703962
Yeah I can see where you guys are coming from. My opinions on the series are definitely shaded by my memory. I can remember nearly every location, every boss, and a number of secret areas from Prime 1, but when I think back to prime 2 I can remember maybe 3 locations and a couple bosses. This definitely affects how I feel about the series.
>>
>>377704554
Not the first time though and I definitely didn't have enough energy tanks
>>
2 is more challenging and has better bosses

1 is better otherwise.
>>
>>377704652
Its Nintendo's best action-horror game but Nintendo didn't want as much horror as Retro's studio wanted so it met in the middle
So its kind of an action-action-horror game
>>
>>377697748

It's more aesthetically drab but it's the most challenging of the 3 and few qill argue against the notion that Sanctuary Fortress is one of the trilogy's high points. Story-wise, it's basically what happens when a Leviathan fucks up a planet whereas in 1 you prevent that shit from getting out of hand, which makes the stakes in 3 feel a bit higher if you're paying attention.
>>
File: 1398646263508.jpg (60KB, 584x573px) Image search: [Google]
1398646263508.jpg
60KB, 584x573px
>>377704832
>Not the first time though
anon, the fucking battle begins with you entering the room on morph ball mode and you see the camera placed perfectly to let you see good, also you can kill those black arms for energy you know
>>
Meanwhile 3 is like the opposite of 2 with 1 somewhere in between them. 3 has the greatest variety and the most content by far with the whole optional federation ship. It also had the most fleshed out characters and most clearly defined story, for better or worse. However, since you jump around so much each planet doesn't get enough time to really grow on you, and the added character exposition isn't always wanted.
>>
>>377704948
The stakes in 3 are massive compared to the other 2 just by virtue that Samus is no longer the only one at risk anymore
Not just the other bounty hunters or sentient species of various planets but now the entire Galactic Federation is involved and consistently under attack

3 always felt the weridest to me for how many other characters are in the plot besides Samus but its still excelent and they manage to keep the isolation feeling
>>
>>377704965
Well every boss I fought up to that point was done with the arm-cannon so forgive me
I got it eventially though but I was still a couple E tanks shy of what I should've been to make it easy
>>
>>377705350
anon also the boost boss move so fast towards ONE direction, and if i remember right samus cannot turn fast enough on the game.

every time i come to a metroid thread is always the same.
>>
>>377705229

3 is why I think there shouldn't be a 4. Not only was the story wrapped up but tonally it was a huge ramp up and it managed to pull it off without ruining too much of the atmosphere. It was definitely grander and more cinematic but it still felt like a Prime game and I was always happy that Retro wrapped this saga up before it got too out of hand even if the whole Phaaze thing was arguably jumping the shark.
>>
>>377705502
You can't justify your poor design this late after release, Retro
>>
>>377703658
>Prime 3 is the worst metroid and probably the worst wii game
you didn't played a lot of wii game for saying such retardation
>>
>>377705752
>Not only was the story wrapped up
Except for the mystery ship following Samus.
>>
>>377703818
>spiderball bossfight
Jump guardian was harder
I beat the fucking pillbug on hardmode first try
>>
>>377705109
Bryyo and Skytown get enough time. From the stretch between first getting to Bryyo and finishing Skytown Metroid Prime 3 is as good as anything in the rest of the series, and from a controls / combat perspective it's the best in the series.

Problem with 3 is that the opening hours and then closing hours are super weak shit that was trying to ride Halo's coattails. The middle part - the Metroid part - is still amazing.
>>
>>377703658

>Prime 3 worse than Other M
>implying it isn't the last great Metroid to date
>implying it isn't EASILY in the top 5 Wii games (excluding Trilogy in general)

How do you live with being this wrong?
>>
63 posts, 35 posters, no trolling, not one mention of Other M....

been years since I've seen anything like this. fuck me I'm proud of you guys.
>>
Ha. This guy
>>377706240
beat this guy
>>377706265
to the punch by 23 seconds.

Other M will not be denied.
>>
>>377705959

Yes, but in general the Phazon arc was tidied up neatly. Start a new subseries or something but I don't need it to be called Prime 4.
>>
>>377705959
no Phazon, no Prime
its done and done
>>
>>377706338

To be fair, that other guy called Prime 3 the worst Metroid. The worst Prime? Sure. The worst in the series? That is gross overkill and you know it.
>>
>>377706240
>>>Prime 3 worse than Other M
Yes it is and I know most of /v/ will back me up on this.
>>implying it isn't the last great Metroid to date
>prime 3 great
>prime 3 a real metroid game
>prime 3 a real game
Try again
>>implying it isn't EASILY in the top 5 Wii games
Wow that means absolutely nothing
Trilogy is shit too btw. Completely ruined the previous 2 great games with shitty motion control aiming.
>>
>>377700715
Not that anon, but I still hold Prime 3 as a good part of the trilogy, yet the weakest one by a long shot.

How do you feel about it.
>>
>>377706509
Prime 3 is dogshit.
>>
>>377706342
>>377706397
A Prime game doesn't have to be about phazon or be a numbered entry for that matter. It could be in the same vein of game as Hunters and FedForce.
>>
>>377697748
The first game is the best of the trilogy and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 2 is still great but it's harder and makes you use your brain more, but that's not why it isn't as good. I haven't played 3 in a long time so I can't say much about it.
>>
>>377706578
Hunters was an obvious spinoff
Calling it Prime FOUR is fucking dumb
>>
>>377698227
Only contrarians think it's the best.
>>
>>377706784
Literally everyone on /v/ considers 2 the best.
>>
>>377706736
>Calling it Prime FOUR is fucking dumb
You're right
Federation Force is a direct sequel to Prime 3, which is no joke. They're mounting an attack to wipe out the pirates because they suffered heavy losses after Phaaze and Phazon was destroyed.
>>
>>377706453
>/v/ will back me up on how good Other M is
Its time to stop posting
>>
>>377697748
All 3 are good but 1>2>>3
>>
>>377706736
Also
>or be a numbered entry for that matter.
>>
>>377706986
I am not saying other M is good
Just that Prime 3 is worse.
>>
>>377707029
/v/ unanimously agrees that you're an idiot.
>>
File: Quadraxis_concept1.png (553KB, 1024x813px) Image search: [Google]
Quadraxis_concept1.png
553KB, 1024x813px
>>377697748
I love all three Prime games but 2 is the one I replay the most. The atmosphere and situation are immediate and tense because of the Ing invasion, the difficulty is just right especially on Hard, when you know where the Temple Keys are and how to get them backtracking is much less of a chore, and I honestly like the ammo mechanic because it shows that even when something works with the Chozo Suit it doesn't have to be a perfect fit (Chozo Suit can use the weapons but can't generate infinite energy for them like the Power Beam because of slight incompatibility issues).

Sanctuary Fortress is one of the best levels in Metroid, and Quadraxis is so much fun to fight.
>>
>>377707029
So you're calling Other M good then.
>>
>>377707259
Prime 3 is nowhere NEAR good so no.
>>
>>377707291
You're right, it's great.
>>
>>377697748
1>2>3 personally, but all of them are highly recommendable.

>>377698145
Pretty much this, the fact that most of the zones in 2 blend together really makes it annoying, but the game does have much more to explore and has a a solid difficulty bump over 1 and 3 which is why a lot of people prefer it. Either way, all the prime games are goddamn great.

>>377704554
You can stand and spam light beams at his liquid form, it does a fuckton of damage to him.
>>
>>377704652
I mean the war was pretty much over at that point. Like the luminoth had their shit pushed in and the ing were just hunting down survivors. You were legit the last hope
>>
>>377697748
Arguably the best of the Prime series. Emulate the Gamecube version for the definitive experience.
Two words: Boost Guardian
>>
>>377707342
Stop having shit taste somewhere else

Other people have made long posts explaining why 3 is shit
Everyone rates it the lowest

Stop thinking anyone likes this piece of shit game.

We really shouldn't call it the prime trilogy because 3 is a travesty. Its the prime duo.
>>
>>377706453
Nah, Prime 3 is goofy but ultimately it's a great game. Probably the weakest in the series though, and no it isn't because of motion controls.

Other M is mediocre as all fuck, and sub mediocre when you factor the story.
>>
>>377706147
I know I'm in the minority but I liked the intro and especially the escort mission with the soldiers. All through Prime 1-2 you don't really get a scale for how terrifying the Space Pirates really are (8 feet tall, scythe hands, etc), and seeing guys get dropped like flies really hammers home how much stronger Samus is, not to mention how much GFed really NEEDS her for these expeditions into alien territory. Prime 2 did it too with the Tyr but I enjoyed getting a pirate-Federation clash in-game.
>>
>>377707439
>Other people have made long posts explaining why 3 is shit
You mean you and you haven't.
>>
>>377707029
You've got a long uphill-battle to convince me of that
The only thing I thought was decent of Other M was the gameplay, everything else between the art design to the characters was a dumpster fire
And Prime 3 had great gameplay (I always prefered the gamepad controls of 1 and 2 though)
>>
>>377706835
Then literally everyone on /v/ is contrarian.
>>
Prime 2 would have been better if they removed the generic "Dark" and "Light" gimmick. Instead, there could be normal dimension and a "Phazon" dimension. It would be cool to see a version of areas corrupted by Phazon, then return to the normal dimension and it would look totally fine.
>>
>>377706548

I never got far in Prime 3, it was pretty engaging for some of the boss fights and a few of the "kill enemies while activating switches" puzzles, but otherwise it plays like a preschool version of Halo with even less creative puzzles than other Metroid games.
>>
>>377707029
>>377707291
>>377707439
Prime 3 was rushed and still ended up being better than Other M
>>
>>377707513
Honestly I don't really care about Other M that much
I just want to hate on Prime 3.

I honestly didn't expect this much backlash. Everyone rates it the lowest. Everyone always shits on it.
>>
>>377707618
So basically the same game but everything in Dark Aether is blue instead of black, purples and reds.
>>
>>377697748
I like 2 the best. I haven't completed 3 yet. Played both 1 and 2 on GameCube for the first time around 2013
>>
>>377704652
The Ing were two rooms away from winning the war and destroying Aether before Samus arrived. That's a pretty dark and bleak thing to walk into. The rest of the game is Samus stomping the Heartless and blowing up their dimension. Also Nintendo barely gave Retro a year to make and finish the game, which is why Dark Aether is so barren, they had to leave out A LOT of things to meet the deadline.
>>
>>377707673

It's the worst Prime, NOT the worst Metroid. No one says it's the worst Metroid.
>>
I thought the first half was boring but the second half clicked with me. IMO totally underrated, I didn`t mind the key hunt at the end for once and despite some bullshit moments I enjoyed the difficulty and atmosphere. Much better than 3.
>>
>>377707513
>The only thing I thought was decent of Other M was the gameplay
Even then it didn't really mesh with Metroid's atmosphere for both 2D and 3D games.
I feel like it would have suited Murasame Castle if it became a staple series.
>>
>>377707865
As long as we agree its not good and not worth playing I am fine with that at least.
>>
>>377707919
>As long as we agree its not good
It can both be good and the worst prime you know.
>>
>>377707919
>not worth playing

Go fuck a cactus, Corruption is fun.
>>
>>377708030
If you think Prime 3 is good you are an idiot.
>>
>>377707726
>The Ing were two rooms away from winning the war
what
>>
>>377707919
Completely disagree.
>>
>>377707701
Basically. "Dark" and "Light" are just the most fucking generic names in video games.
>>
>>377708050
>>377708127
Jesus this thread has the worst taste.

but you all agree that it is the worst prime game so name some things it does the worst.
>>
>>377707919

I think it's a mid tier Metroid, below Prime 1/2 but about on par with something like Fusion, which is to say a pretty good game in its own right.
>>
>>377708063
Not him but if I remember right every area except the one with U-Mos and the chamber before it with the sleeping Luminoth was taken over by the Ing.
>>
File: 1487680319915.jpg (2MB, 3000x1998px) Image search: [Google]
1487680319915.jpg
2MB, 3000x1998px
>>377708062
The only idiot here is you
>>
>>377708063
Literally the only place they had left to conquer was the temple. That's where the luminoth survivors and last light generator was located.
>>
>>377708227
Fusion is so much better you shut the fuck up
Its the best 2d metroid.
>>
File: Snivy.jpg (45KB, 594x465px) Image search: [Google]
Snivy.jpg
45KB, 594x465px
>>377707919
Im fine with saying with confidence that you're a faggot
>>
>>377708063
One elevator ride and the Ing would have been in the energy controller room. The Ing that possessed the Alpha Splinter had the energy transfer device the Luminoth created to take Dark Aether's energy and which the Ing had used to take the energy from the three Temples before Samus arrived. If Samus had arrived a little later then there wouldn't have been an Aether to arrive at.
>>
>>377708394
You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>377708210
I never agreed it was the worst Prime game.
>>
i want the fuck the switch cartridge containing Metroid Prime 4: Echoes 2
>>
Okay can we just stop replying to the "Prime 3 is bad!" guy?
>>
>>377706509
The prime trilogy holds many parallels to the original Star Wars trilogy, now I think about it
>>
>>377708210

It's more cinematic and explicitly linear in nature. Hypermode is also too overpowered and its necessity for some bosses broke the challenge due to health management. Still did some things right and I don't give a fuck how much you hate me for saying it but motion controls were one of them. You can also command your ship for an airstrike which is cool as fuck and some locales like Skytown and Pirate Homeworld were great. Design-wise, it was only marginally lesser than the first 2. Still very much a worthwhile game.
>>
>>377707701
I hated how the game had beam ammunition, and how for ammunition to drop you had to use the dark or light beam, and how you really never got a ton of ammunition. Really, the whole beam ammo thing is super botched in that game, shit's annoying and I swear I've always ended up using the normal beam for the majority of the game because of it.

>>377708210
>this game sucks
>why?
>because it does, you have bad taste.

Well, okay. Also stop trying to do the "everyone here thinks X" argument, so fucking tired of reading you faggots with no actual arguments type that.
>>
>>377708235
>>377708321
>>377708420
Oh. It's been awhile so I don't remember anything of that, besides the Alpha Splinter. I never paid that much attention to it in the first place. Like, I never thought any significance of where the Ing were.
>>
>>377699887
How do you get widescreen working without the pop in?
>>
1 > 2 >> 3

They're all good
>>
>>377707253
>Sanctuary Fortress is one of the best levels in Metroid

Wasn't a big fan of prime 2, but sanctuary fortress was really cool. Definitely my favorite zone/world
>>
>>377708535
>Echoes 2
How would that work?
A leviathan breached a pocket dimension becoming self sufficient rather than connected to Phaaze?
>>
>>377708394

Fusion is good, better than the dated first game or the hardware-limited second. Zero Mission and Super push its shit in, though. Fusion is basically a playable Other M years before it was an issue.
>>
Metroid Prime is a 10/10
Metroid Prime is a 9 or 10 depending on your tastes (personally it's a 10/10 for me)

Metroid Prime 3 is weaker than both, I'd say a 7 or 8 or so
>>
>>377708543
>1 = Feels like a grand adventure, most whimisical of the series
>2 = regarded by many to be the high point of the series, arguably darker in tone
>3 = has some goofy and disliked moments that put it lower than the first 2 for some people, but still has plenty of amazing parts
>>
>>377699103
well that's just straight up horseshit
>>
Going through the same exact areas in Light and Dark Aether was fairly shitty. If they changed it so Dark Aether wasn't just a purple version of the normal locations, the game would be better than Prime 1.
>>
>>377708729
>Fusion is basically a playable Other M years before it was an issue.
Who thought it was a good idea to turn Fusion into Other M anyway?
I mean there are a ridiculous amount of parallels that it could have been passed off as a remake with next to no issues.
>>
File: IceBoss_gif.gif (1MB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
IceBoss_gif.gif
1MB, 350x227px
>we could have had this creature as a Phendrana Drifts boss in Prime 1
>Nintendo thought it looked more like an enemy from an RPG and told Retro to remove it
>removing it forced Retro to move Thardus from the Magmoor Caverns to Phendrana, leaving Magmoor as the only major area without a boss battle

Thanks, Nintendo. This guy would have been a very interesting fight.
>>
It's like Fusion in the sole sense that it tries something different. Something distinct and experimental that deviates quite a bit from the standard formula.

If change frightens, confuses or upsets you, probably you will not like it. But if you want Metroid Prime goodness but with a twist that makes it a strikingly different experience than the first, which a sequel should be anyway, you will like it. Just be open to liking it and not getting frustrated at how different it is from Prime 1. It goes out on a limb and does its own thing.
>>
>>377709043
Sakamoto.
>>
>>377709079
Where would Thardus have been fought in Magmoor Caverns? I can't think of an area with a wide enough open space
>>
>>377709028
>so Dark Aether wasn't just a purple version of the normal locations
That's simplifying things seeing as it changes up what's in the areas as opposed to being just a pallet swap. Kind of like Link to the Past.
>>
>>377708567
>Still did some things right
Until this part it was a good post.
>>
>>377709174
The room it would have been in was likely redesigned after they moved it. There are several large rooms like the one where you get the Plasma Beam, which would have also likely been the reward for defeating Thardus.
>>
>>377709131
>it tried something different
That is a retarded defense
Prime 3 technically tried something different
Other M tried something different

Those are horrible games.
>>
>>377709371
Care to list everything about Corruption that angers you so much?
>>
File: trashslide.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
trashslide.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
>>377709371

Prime 3 was excellent. Opinion invalidated. Down the slide with you, post haste. Please do not clog it up with your fat body, many people with wrong opinions still need to use it after you.
>>
>>377709616
Multiple planets
The stupid ship
No atmosphere.
Stacking beams
hypermode
No isolation
motion controls

absolute dogshit compared to the real good metroids.
>>
File: Sheegoth.png (268KB, 738x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sheegoth.png
268KB, 738x600px
>>377708874
Pretty agreeable. Prime 1 is the most balanced so I like it the most, 2 has a nice increase in difficulty which was a great addition, but overall it feels weaker. 3 is too damn easy (even on hard, only the unlock-able difficulty after beating hard provides a challenge) and the added characters and linear story elements feel out of place and make it seem more like a generic fps game, but it's still damn good.

>>377709079
His design is meh, they should have just made an alpha Sheegoth or something, Then again they already had a mini boss like fight for them, still I love the design.
>>
>>377709263

I'm sorry for not being an extremist and acknowledging that a game can do thing both right and wrong.
>>
>>377709721
>stacking beams
This brought my fucking piss to a boil
>>
>>377709721
>>377709936
2D games had stacking beams, whats the issue
>>
File: MP_Kraid.jpg (415KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
MP_Kraid.jpg
415KB, 816x612px
>I had completely finished modeling and texturing Kraid. The level that he was to be included in was well underway to being designed. There just was not enough development time remaining to fully implement all aspects of the scenario that were needed to pull off a highly polished\fun gaming experience... animations\effects\programming\etc. It was decided that Kraid was not imperative enough to the Metroid Prime project to run the risk of pushing up the release date in order to fit him in. I'm sure the folks over at Retro are designing ways to fit Kraid in possible future Metroid titles.

>According to Mr. Kohler in an email to N-Sider, Kraid is said to have a metal plate covering his face due to it being a designed gameplay feature - an item that you had to overcome in your encounter against Kraid. Although, he said, if the model does appear in a future Metroid title, expect some modifications to be made as the older ideas become refined.

>Kraid was really just some ideas and a first pass model. We were about to start work on him when he was cut. The overall idea was to have Kraid at one end of a large cavern, and some rickety platforms at the other end that Kraid could reach out to and tip over. He would also fire missiles at you from his belly ports. As I recall you would have to climb to the top and trigger something to collapse on him several times. There were probably other stages but I don’t remember them.

RIP Kraid, whose only 3D appearance was in Smash Bros Melee.
>>
>>377710037
For their time that was okay
Now they are shit too.
>>
>>377710043
it really pisses me off when reptile characters dont have elongated snouts
>>
>>377710154
>Super
>Shit
>>
>>377709721
Stacking beams does suck dick, and they clearly only did it because the Wii controller has limited buttons. Hypermode is OP and clearly needed to be rebalanced. You're still generally isolated for most of the game, but I agree that adding a cast and making the game more cinematic is silly.

Beyond that the rest are non issues, and those flaws aren't enough to drag the game down completely. It still has some of the best bosses in the prime series.
>>
>>377709721
>Multiple planets

but this was good though
>>
>>377709721
>Multiple planets
Why are they worse than multiple areas on one planet?

>The stupid ship
It was originally going to have far more use but time constraints prevented that.

>No atmosphere.
It had plenty of atmosphere, several in fact because of the different worlds, Valhalla, and Phaaze.

>Stacking beams
Something the 2D games also did makes you angry?

>hypermode
Agreed it was too strong, but you can also fuck yourself over with it and enemies later in the game can use it against you.

>No isolation
You spend the majority of the game alone.

>motion controls
Which worked fine.
>>
By far the worst of that series, hell I'd say the worst of the franchise period. I would rather play Other M, it's that fucking bad.
>>
>>377710263
>>377710285
I want Metroid to have soulslike connected levels
Not disconnected planets
>>
>>377698702
This
>>
>>377710338
So you want a sci fi game to not have sci fi elements.
>>
>>377710338
personally i'd love a metroid that's set in a star system, where you have to go to each planet or some moons or whatever
>>
>>377710168

Well, he's an alien, to be fair.
>>
File: 24_Metriod_Prime_Concepts.jpg (284KB, 1600x1226px) Image search: [Google]
24_Metriod_Prime_Concepts.jpg
284KB, 1600x1226px
Imagine if we had to fight a giant boss variant of a Flying Pirate.
>>
>>377710417
I want it to be like Prime 1 and 2. And like every good metroid game
Where it is one great level
Not multiple stupid planets
>>
>>377710417
That's your excuse for defending poor design?
Really?

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>377710043
I've been wanting to fight Kraid in 3D since before Prime came out. Meanwhile Ridley has to appear in every fucking Metroid game.

Being a Kraid fan is suffering.
>>
>>377710285
>It was originally going to have far more use but time constraints prevented that.
So you admit it is shit?
>It had plenty of atmosphere
It had none
>Something the 2D games also did makes you angry?
If they came out when Prime 3 came out yes.
Stackable beams were defendable back then. When prime 3 came out they weren't anymore.
>Which worked fine.
Now you have to be pretending.
>>
>>377710494
He's a reptilian alien, as is Kraid
>>
>>377697748
It's the Majoras Mask of the series...Except Majoras Mask is actually the better game and 2 isn't.
>>
>>377698916
The Beams having tiny ammo pools is pretty dumb though, as is having to burn one ammo type to get another.

>>377710581
The multiple planets is not bad design, it's just an autistic nit pick. Also the game does have some A+ atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-tENhSkhOE
>>
File: 1213763591578.jpg (66KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1213763591578.jpg
66KB, 250x250px
>>377710631

Why do you like him so much? He's one one of the easier boss characters in the series.
He just sits there and you shoot your load into his eyes and mouth while he shoots belly button lint at you.

What the fuck is Kraid's appeal?
>>
>>377710785
>People still think Majora's Mask is better than OoT

...damn
>>
>>377710792
God I hate prime 3 fags so much.
>>
>>377710792
>The Beams having tiny ammo pools
Did you not get any of the expansions or something
>>
>>377710673
>So you admit it is shit?
I "admitted" nothing, faglord, I told you why the ship was barely used.

>It had none
In your opinion that's already soured by your overall rageboner for the game.

>If they came out when Prime 3 came out yes.
Stackable beams were defendable back then. When prime 3 came out they weren't anymore.
I love the "defendable" you threw in there, like beams stacking is an incredible sin to you and makes you so utterly angry that anyone who doesn't agree with you is "defending" it. You must absolutely despise all of the 2D games aside from the original and Return of Samus because those two didn't have stacking beams.

>Now you have to be pretending.
I never had problems with aiming or performing tasks in Corruption.
>>
>>377710825
He was the biggest boss in Metroid games up to that point and the idea of a Shadow of the Colossus-style fight against a giant-ass 3D Kraid is tantalizing.
>>
>>377697748
I just woke up so I'm late to the thread but I'll say the same thing I tell my friends:
Prime 2 has by and large the best atmosphere and environments, but they don't blend together as well as Prime 1. It's like in Dark Souls 2 how everything seems out in one direction whereas in Dark Souls 1 the world blends together seamlessly.

The upgrades and abilities are an improvement on 1 in every way, you don't lose anything and you gain stuff.

The bosses overall are better. Watch out for the Boost Guardian.
>>
>>377710882
You realise you still haven't said what's bad about multiple planets. Especially when it functions as the elevators of the game.
>>
>>377710973
>You must absolutely despise all of the 2D games aside from the original and Return of Samus because those two didn't have stacking beams.
I really like fusion
the rest are really hard to replay nowadays.
>>
>>377710043
>Always wanted a 3D Metroid Queen Boss
>Finally got one
>Shame about which game it happens in
>Got a 3D Phantoon fight in the same game
>It's an endgame boss battle
>>
File: th_G2ME01_5163a649_14.jpg (637KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
th_G2ME01_5163a649_14.jpg
637KB, 1024x1024px
Personally preferred 2 the most compared to the rest of the trilogy. I absolutely loved the atmosphere, the background lore to the Luminoth, the designs of the levels and characters. Hell, I even enjoyed the UI immensely.
>>
>>377710792
Autistic nitpick? It's been something I've had an issue with since day 1
Instead of having a large interconnected world you get smaller separated areas that just feel like dungeons. You can have spaceship features, multiple planets, huge warships, and have it not be shit.

Did you play Jet Force Gemini?
THAT game does it right.
Metroid Prime 3 doesn't.
>>
>>377711024
>but they don't blend together as well as Prime 1
Are you kidding me?
Prime 1 has the lava and ice world right next to each other.
>>
>>377710907
I got most of them, and using a dark power missile still used like nearly a quarter of my entire ammo pool. Shit was silly.

If they just had ammo drop without needing to burn the other type of ammo I'd be a lot happier with the system, but it's a badly balanced system. In both of my playthroughs I spent most of my time with the default power beam, which was annoying.

>>377710882
Not an argument, enjoy the autism though.
>>
>>377711242
>enjoy the autism though.
I am
Apparently I attracted all the Prime 3 fags in one thread.
>>
>>377711193
Yeah through a gigantic elevator. It's like saying you can't have a volcano erupt when it's snowing. What I mean is that in MP2, you only have one of three ways to go from the middle world, in MP1, you go through other destinations to get to certain places like in a typical Metroid.
>>
>>377697748
>recycle areas with the "two worlds" thing
>game wasn't properly tested so it had a couple of bugs here and there, including a game ending one that many people suffered from and early boss battles were actually pretty hard as a result of it (developers never actually beat some bosses)
>areas were too similar, expects lots of gray and brown, even the bog area is grayish
I don't really care about the multiplayer, and have seem some people complain about the bosses unimaginative names, but I don't consider it really important.

Game seems like an expansion pack instead of a sequel, but the gameplay and soundtrack make up for it. Not bad for a rushed sequel.
>>
>>377711095
>Hard to replay Super

Your taste is horrid. Fusion does catch too much shit though.

>>377711147
What's wrong with it? The stages are the same size as the Prime 1 stages, only separated by planets instead of elevators.
>>
It's an ultimately flawed sequel and definitely the worst of the three but there are things it does well.

The game does a good job of presenting an incredibly hostile alien world. Almost nothing on the planet feels relatable to mankind or earth, unlike the first Metroid Prime. the game is far more difficult and the story and concepts more frightening. The only real problem is that visually, the planet is so cohesive that the areas don't really feel any different from each other.
The actual visual design of the enemies and new suits is cool and the lore is really good, and more lore is always good in Metroid Prime.
The music sadly is only decent, the soundtrack isn't an outright masterpiece like the first game, hell I'd say 3 has better music overall than 2.

Now for the myriad of problems. The game has a Zelda style dark world, where you go through the same area only the area is now purple and THERE IS A PERMANENT LIFESTEAL AURA ON EVERYTHING ASIDE FROM SOME BUBBLES. This mechanic is utterly fucking atrocious and makes the game a complete chore.
Rather than 4 beam types with infinite ammo and different functionality, there are now only 3, 2 of which have finite ammo and are only used for the shitty dark world mechanic.
The bosses are the worst in the series hands down. They are the hardest, but only because they're generally poorly designed, either around unreliable mechanics, or because they take place in arenas where your life drains quickly and there's nothing you can do about it. Really annoying and not fun. Most bosses are the kind where you have to wait for -them- to do the exact thing you need them to in order to damage them.

The first game had the artifact hunt, but you could begin this literally as soon as you unlocked missiles, each artifact could be found throughout the game. 2 forces a key hunt on you at the very end much like Wind Waker's Triforce Hunt, these keys do not spawn until you reach the door they unlock.
>>
I'm not opposed to the idea of multiple planets in a Metroid game, but I don't think Prime 3 did it entirely right. I think if they could find a way of making traveling between planets feel like natural Metroidvania progression, then it could work.
>>
>>377711660
>definitely the worst of the three
Fuck right off.
That is without a doubt Prime 3.
>>
>>377711691
>making traveling between planets feel like natural Metroidvania progression
What do you mean by that?
>>
File: James_Deceased.png (738KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
James_Deceased.png
738KB, 1920x1080px
>listening to people arguing about any Metroid game besides Other M being bad
>>
>>377711691
I wouldn't mind if they just had one planet and everything else is just in orbit.
>>
>>377711615
>Your taste is horrid.
I am not the one defending Prime fucking 3.
>>
File: 1244275760808.jpg (24KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
1244275760808.jpg
24KB, 320x400px
>>377711815

As far as I'm concerned, Other M never happened.
>>
>>377711984
>As far as I'm concerned, Other M never happened.
And federation force
And Prime 3.
And Hunters

Lets just say Metroid Prime Pinball was the last Metroid game.
>>
>>377711660
Ran out of room to discuss the most critical flaw: the myriad of glitches, and the state the game released in.

This game is a fucking mess. I don't know how long it was in development, but in North America, they basically released an outright unfinished beta.
Several walls seem to completely lack collision, It's incredibly easy to go out of bounds. The bosses don't seem like they were playtested enough.

And the worst of the worst, the most unforgivable flaw I think you could ever ship a game with: Numerous glitches or design oversights that ruin your save file. As in, if you save in a certain state or area, the game is fucking done and you have to start a new game because you can no longer progress. It is unforgivable to ship a game like this, one that can literally be unplayable for people unfortunate enough to trigger these. And a lot of them are incredibly easy to trigger, the kind that you can do through normal gameplay.

In Europe and Japan, and later on the Wii trilogy version, a lot of this was at least slightly attended to, but that doesn't excuse the fact that for America, they wouldn't get a playable version until 4 years later on a different console.
>>
>>377711984
Other m made me slightly dislike fusion
They ripped it off and made it way worse
>>
>>377712105
>Other m made me slightly dislike fusion
So I am not the only one

It feels like Other M lite now. I can't help but read the monologues in the elevators in her Other M voice now.
>>
>>377711815
I haven't played Pinball or Federation Force, are those shit?
>>
File: rappinbad.png (208KB, 751x750px) Image search: [Google]
rappinbad.png
208KB, 751x750px
>>377711815
>>377711984
>tfw I preordered it
>it came with an "art book"
>the art book is just small sheets of paper loosely fitting into a small folder
>most of the "art" is just in game screen shots
>>
>>377712084
I'll rip your fucking dick off, Hunters was fun as hell until people started cheating, say what you will but that game had some dope as fuck cutscenes
>>
>>377711660
>where you go through the same area only the area is now purple and THERE IS A PERMANENT LIFESTEAL AURA ON EVERYTHING ASIDE FROM SOME BUBBLES.
Several areas change heavily when you go there in the Dark World, the basic outline of the area is the same but what's in it like platforms and various other gimmicks and things are fairly different.

>there are now only 3
There are four types of beam including the power beam anon. Power, Light, Dark and Annihilator.

>but only because they're generally poorly designed
There's only one boss in the game that's a poorly designed boss and that's the boost guardian.

>Most bosses are the kind where you have to wait for -them- to do the exact thing you need them to in order to damage them.
That's prime in a nutshell. That said the "thing" you're talking about is often triggered by you the player rather than it happening on it's own.
>>
>>377712084
Those are all decent games, even tho FF doesn't really offer much, but gameplay was decent.
>>
File: 1369510148319.jpg (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1369510148319.jpg
2KB, 100x100px
>>377712224
>boost guardian
>poor design

Are you bad at videogames, anon?
>>
File: Prime vs Other M Concept art.jpg (237KB, 1809x896px) Image search: [Google]
Prime vs Other M Concept art.jpg
237KB, 1809x896px
>>377712218
>>
>>377712084
>Hunters
nigga, that game was great.

It's a shame Hunters worked so great right from the outset but Kid Icarus Uprising tried similar controls only to be straight up unplayable.
>>
>>377697748
>phenomenal soundtrack
>beautiful locals
>more challenge from bosses and mini bosses
>fun new upgrades like screw attack
>more interesting lore with the luminoth
one of the best Metroid games really, only down side is they make you back track more but besides that it's fantastic!
>>
>>377712084
>And federation force
Honestly it wasn't that bad. it's one big fault was that it was TOO multiplayer oriented and everything was scaled as such. Basically imagine if the MH village quests had the Online monsters.
>>
>>377711660
>2 forces a key hunt on you at the very end much like Wind Waker's Triforce Hunt, these keys do not spawn until you reach the door they unlock.

Nigga, what? The moment you get the Dark Visor you can start collecting Sky Temple Keys, hell you can get at least two of them immediately after you get the Dark Visor and take the planetery energy.
>>
I bet most people already told you this but, it's a great game.

it's usually considered one of the best metroids, and that's no easy feat.
>>
>>377712401
The people who shit on 2 haven't played much of 2.
>>
>>377712346
>Japan
>make a quick sketch to outline the most basic concept of something and do the actual work for development
>'Murika
>spend 2 weeks painting a masterpiece that would make Da Vinci cry at its beauty and autistically map out tech

From a business standpoint Japan does it right. America's way is a complete waste of money. How much fucking money did they spend on that artwork alone?
>>
File: 1328527018414.png (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1328527018414.png
5KB, 200x200px
I'm gonna fucking emulate this bastard right now, you nerds got me feeling nostalgic.

Is the Trilogy or original version better to emulate with a controller?
>>
>>377712578
Trilogy uses motion controls and fixes the "get an extra set of Missiles" glitch, play the original.
>>
>>377712578
Original with a controller
waggle a shit

Also don't play Prime 3. Its going to ruin the last third of your fun.
>>
>>377711789
What I mean is that if they could find a way to make the multiple planets feel cohesive rather than like a level select screen separating disconnected worlds, then it could work. To me, Metroid is about exploring a huge world, and Prime 3 felt disjointed and immersion-breaking with how it made you select levels from a map. It felt more like segmented missions than a natural world, if that makes sense.
>>
>beat spider guardian after 5 attempts
>didnt scan him
>>
File: 1491352516561.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491352516561.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>377712565
>its shit so its better
>>
>>377712334
>poorly designed must mean hard
For shame anon, you should know better than that.
>>
>>377712704
I remember them trying something with upgrades for the ship being on one world and using them on others
The ship and the landing platforms were basically just elevators.
>>
>>377712578

i hear that the trilogy makes some bosses a whole lot more fun, as in, you can control your jump while you aim
>>
>>377712389
>>377712357
>>377712294
>>377712223
I wouldn't even bother responding to the dude, he just keeps pushing his shit opinions with nothing to really back them up, then he just name calls when people don't agree with him.

>>377712578
OG
>>
>>377712767
Boost Guardian is the hardest part of the game though.
You would have to know that calling the hardest part badly designed people would think you just need to git gud.
>>
>>377712720
Aesthetically and in terms of merit the American art is obviously better.

My problem is the amount of time and money that need to be poured in to create images of that quality, it's wasteful expenditure.
>>
File: babby.jpg (29KB, 216x210px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
29KB, 216x210px
>>377712767

Are you BAD at VIDEO GAMES?
>>
>>377712873
Oh yeah I guess Other M spend all that excess money into making the games better.
>>
>>377712873
That's typically how concept art is done though. It probably helps the people making models help get a better feel for what they want.
>>
>>377712720
What he's trying to say is that concept art doesn't need to be intricate pieces of artwork especially if they're not going to be implemented in game or if the game can't replicate that level of detail.

I mean, Flaahgra and the Parasite Queen made it into the game so they make some sense but the rest?
Why aren't they just sketches?
>>
File: 1480072572028.jpg (50KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1480072572028.jpg
50KB, 720x405px
Why do people not like Prime 3 again?
And fuck you if you say waggle. Because Wii Prime controls is not waggling. The worst you could say is the nunchuck lasso.
>>
>>377709079

Wow, makes sense, I always thought an ice boss levitating rocks was kind of bizarre, but a lava boss doing the same is more fitting.
>>
>>377712691
Shut up already, you're the only one here with a titanic hateboner for 3, you're about to become a second ACfag.
>>
>>377712873
I think you are vastly underestimating how much good concept art can help a game.
>>
>>377713094
Kill yourself.
>>
>>377713085
Honestly with Phazon anything can happen.
>>
>>377713079
It's just one really upset anon shitposting about it while one or two others have some issue with it. I'd easily admit it's the weakest of the trilogy, but it's still a damn good game.
>>
>>377713060
Presumably the modelers at Retro didn't have much to do with the actual design, while the Japanese modelers were more intimately involved. Nobody wastes money at Nintendo.
>>
>>377713085
I mean the game also has straight up ghosts. Like, actual fucking ghosts.
>>
>>377713079

Prime 3, besides the aiming, is completely just waggle. I'm actually a motion control fag who loves Skyward Sword, and Prime 3's wand gesture parts were clearly made to amuse only those those who were new to the Wii. There's no interactivity, or usefulness as a button substitute. You're a toddler.
>>
>>377713247
There were like 4 people who answered why prime 3 is the worst.
Its not just me.
>>
>>377713272
When I was younger and first came across the ghosts I went into full on "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT" mode.
>>
>>377713390
It's just you and you have yet to give any reason for it being the worst.
>>
>autistic retarded ACfag2 trying to shitpost Prime 3

What is it about Metroid that activates the worst fucking autists on here besides consolewar shitposting?
>>
>>377697748
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MULTIPLAYER
>>
>>377713079
see
>>377700715
>>377700852
>>377701003
>>377702241
>>377708567
>>377708874
>>377709721

>inb4 samefag

Only one of those is me.
>>
>>377713390
Does Prime 3 have numerous ways to completely fuck your save file and force you to restart the whole game?

It is objectively a better game than Prime 2.
>>
>>377713613
I have never experienced these save file problems you claim Echoes has.
>>
>>377713079
I like Prime 3 but you really do have to admit that the motion controls are forced and only exist to go "hey, motion controls!" I'm not talking about the aiming which is genuinely good, I'm talking about the arbitrary shit like thrusting your hand out and twisting to turn a lever or doing a pulling motion to pull a power cell out. It's unnecessary and jarring after playing Prime 1 and 2 on the Trilogy set when actions like that were very natural and automated.
>>
>>377708573
The game sharts ammo at you like confetti
>>
>>377713529
The music was cool and the use of grapple beam in the level design was fun.

Overall Hunters definitely had the better multiplayer though.

and really the most underrated multiplayer game on the Gamecube was Starfox Assault which had an elder god tier versus mode that nobody played.
>>
File: MetroidChart.png (16KB, 471x326px) Image search: [Google]
MetroidChart.png
16KB, 471x326px
>>377712565

Hm, yeah. The amount of time spent in Prime to create a wholly intricate, artistic environment and enemies were a complete waste of time.

Other M? Now it knew how to make an impact.
>>
>>377713719
Especially when you get the beam combos.
Hell pretty much every container just shits out ammo.
>>
>>377713490
see >>377713579
>>
>>377713510
>literally just repeat what everyone else said a 100 times in these threads before
>somehow I am the villain now and it is only me who thinks prime 3 is the worst.
>>
File: 1301572210480.png (6KB, 241x260px) Image search: [Google]
1301572210480.png
6KB, 241x260px
It used to be so peaceful before Other M came out.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>377713851
Literally two of those posts are you not even trying to hide the fact.
And again there's very little detailing that's an objective flaw of the game. It's all just nitpicking.
>>
>>377713983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMfWX4MrPc
>>
>>377714013
>Literally two of those posts are you not even trying to hide the fact.
Even if you think two of those are mine that is still at least 5 other people shitting on prime 3.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: Kraid_Captain_N.png (285KB, 433x323px) Image search: [Google]
Kraid_Captain_N.png
285KB, 433x323px
Guys, the absolute best Metroid is Captain N: The Game Master. Just look at how awesome Kraid is in the cartoon.
>>
>>377713983
I think you just answered your own question.
>>
>>377713972
You're conflating people saying Prime 3 is the weakest Prime but still a great game, with your autistic rage saying it's a shit game worse than Other M which is, by literally every single imaginable metric, an objective falsehood.
>>
>>377713290
What are the motion controls even used for? It's like 90% aiming, and then you use the nun chuck for the grapple beam and the

>>377713579
Most of those posts are positive on Prime 3 though. Fuck, one dude called the game a 7 or 8 out of 10 which is very generous. You're like the only moron actually calling it a bad game.
>>
>>377714141
I don't care about other M.
I am fine if we can just end up saying it is the worst of the prime series.
That is good enough for this shitty thread.
>>
>>377714146
>What are the motion controls even used for?
Occasionally you just pull things in and out to open doors, operate machinery and the like.
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>377713779
>Metroid II is the third best selling Metroid game

Didn't see that coming.
>>
>>377713290
Using the nunchuck for the grapple to rip of shields and stuff is still cool as shit
>>
>>377714083
mother brain is a sassy black woman, automatically making it the best canon.
>>
>>377713079
it's literally the same guy shitposting, giving shit to MP3 because it killed his family or something.

Just threat him as another ACfag
>>
>>377714232
Literally everyone agrees it's the weakest Prime game, but no one but you thinks it's less than a good game. Most people think it's a great game, just not quite as phenomenal as 1 and 2. You're being a retarded cunt for no reason while every other anon here is just wanting good discussion.
>>
>>377714079
>that is still at least 5 other people shitting on prime 3.
You mean the people who listed things they didn't like but then went on to say they liked the game?
The people you're purposely misinterpreting just so you can look like less of a shitposter?

Do you even like Metroid?
>>
>>377714381
>Do you even like Metroid?
I love Prime 1 and 2. And Fusion is decent
>>
File: Heights.jpg (137KB, 1008x655px) Image search: [Google]
Heights.jpg
137KB, 1008x655px
At least Ridley looks better in Captain N than he did in Other M.
>>
>>377714279
The sheer volume of Gameboys at the time meant it would almost certainly have sold a ton, given it was the sequel to one of the best games of its time.
>>
>>377714286
Could you imagine if Mother Brain was like that in the games?
>MMM MMMM MMM
>DON' CHU TOUCH MY JAR WIT DEM MISSLES GURL
>>
>>377714381
/v/ is for people who hate vidwogames
>>
>>377703818
>spiderball bossfight
Dude, fuck everything about that boss. Took me like 6 or more tries over 3 days because i would get so frustrated.
>>
>>377714380
>Literally everyone agrees it's the weakest Prime game
Good enough.
>>
>>377712346
Please tell me that's cherrypicking
>>
>>377714512

What the hell made them go so off-base?
>>
>>377714652
Saturday Morning Television.
>>
File: Bryyo_Orbit.jpg (1MB, 1567x881px) Image search: [Google]
Bryyo_Orbit.jpg
1MB, 1567x881px
I need more Bryyo in my life
>>
>>377714589
It isn't.

Retro artwork for the metroid games is really that damn amazing.
>>
>>377714558
You're incredibly desperate for any sort of agreement with your opinions.

>>377714589
Nope, that's what all of MOM's concept art is like. Why?
>>
>>377714279
Gameboy was pretty much spread across the planet more than air and water when it came out.
Also, Metroid 2 was like the entire crux of the Super Gameboy's marketing in the US, it was on the box, it was all over the manual, they really wanted that to be the standout game for the peripheral.
>>
>>377714652
As far as I know, the Captain N writers and artists didn't actually play any of the games and just went off sprites and vague descriptions.

Samus wasn't in the cartoon because the writers literally didn't know who Samus was.
>>
Echoes > Super > Prime > Corruption > A2MR > Hunters > Zero Mission > Fusion > Metroid > Metroid 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other M
>>
>>377713779
Is the reason why trilogy sold badly because it was a limited run or something? Can't imagine it selling that low otherwise
>>
>>377714815
>You're incredibly desperate for any sort of agreement with your opinions.
I just hate the idea that everyone in every metroid thread always rates it the lowest and shits on it the most and now suddenly what I am doing is something else.
You are just incredibly new.
>>
>>377714889
Only that many copies were ever made, and it sold out within a few weeks.
>>
>>377714889
Extremely limited edition, not as bad as the EU release of fatal frame 5, but still quite fucking niche.
>>
>>377714589
Some of the Other M environmental art is mediocre to decent, and maybe a few of the aliens, but yeah most of it is those really awful sketches.

As for Retro, hahaha fuck no, I'd wager every single piece of concept art done by Retro for Metroid Prime had AT LEAST 5 or more manhours put into it.
>>
>>377713983
>What the fuck happened?
you revealed yourselves as the whiniest and most melodramatic nintendo fanbase, even more than paper mario fans
>>
File: 1350814035872.jpg (17KB, 358x353px) Image search: [Google]
1350814035872.jpg
17KB, 358x353px
>>377714861
>A2MR
Nice try.
>>
File: Ais-1.png (464KB, 557x773px) Image search: [Google]
Ais-1.png
464KB, 557x773px
Would Prime 2 have been better if they went with the original pitch idea for the game?

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_1.5
>>
>>377714589
look up the credentials of other m's art director and then despair
>>
>>377715035
Even more than the Megaman fanbase?
>>
>>377715035
Metroid Other M is a legitimate piece of shit game, and I'm not even really a fan of the series overall.

I'd say you can break games into four core components: Gameplay, Sound, Visuals, and Story.

All 4 components in Other M are shit. Like, zero redeeming aspects in all 4, the game is all around lousy in every area it could fail in.
>>
>>377715084
I don't know, I always get strange vibes from the 1.5 when I read it.
It doesn't exactly feel like a main Prime game. Maybe as a spin off.
>>
>>377714962
I've been here since 2005 and have no idea what the fucking fuck you are saying, literally NO ONE ever shitted on MP3 calling it "better than other m", the general consensus has been that it's a "great game, but not as good as the first 2 metroid primes" since day 1 pretty much.

In fact, after the release of other M, MP3 won some points even because it makes it look like a fucking amazing 12/10 games compared to that other m shit.
>>
>>377715152
that aint a nintendo fanbase
>>
>>377713851
see >>377714146
>>
>>377714889

Yeah. Nintendo just being Nintendo again.
>>
>>377715218
ok but im pretty sure 7 years is enough time to wrap your head around the concept of a videogame being bad
>>
>>377714861
>putting AM2R in your ranking of official Metroid games

Might as well include some YouTube lightsaber fight videos in your rankings of the Star Wars movies.
>>
>>377715035
"quality doesn't matter, fans are supposed to buy everything as mindless sheeps with no regards besides their waifu"

just fuck off.
>>
File: 1472349705730.jpg (110KB, 800x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1472349705730.jpg
110KB, 800x1092px
>>377715035
>you revealed yourselves as the whiniest and most melodramatic nintendo fanbase
still is and always will be starfox
>>
>>377715035
>Paper Mario
oh yes, because what we really wanted was a gimmicky overly story heavy platformer, an incredibly, INCREDIBLY shit game for 3DS, and whatever the fuck Color Splash was supposed to be.

I'm fine with them trying something different every once in a while, but this was a series that only had two games, it is not the type where you start playing around with silly experiments. And experiments that were utterly atrocious mind you, people would be more forgiving if those games were actually any good.
>>
>>377715360
And in those 7 years Metroid has been effectively dead with a gap which by now is longer than the one between Super and Prime.
>>
>>377715084
1.5 sounds like a great horror/sci-fi game but it doesn't really sound like Metroid to me.
>>
>>377715264
And I said 10 times now I really don't care about Other M
that was just an exaggeration to show how much I hate prime 3.

They are both shit. If you think Prime 3 is slightly better than Other Mt then take that small victory.
Its also a little better than Super Man 64 I guess.
>"great game, but not as good as the first 2 metroid primes"
Lets really deconstruct that.

There are 2 other games which play like it and it is worse than them. There is no reason to play Prime 3. I mean there are not 2 Other M metroid games that play like other M but are just better

So I think OBJECTIVELY there is more of a reason to play other M than there is ever to play Prime 3.
>>
>>377715504
Only the Krystalfags, and they're a minority, though extremely loud.
>>
>>377715038
>>377715419
>people hate Other M now
>>
>>377715360
7 years is also enough time for them to have made another actual Metroid game, instead the fans had to do it for them with AM2R.
>>
>>377715626
AM2R*
>>
File: buildings.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
buildings.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>377715567
I wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>377715567
t. gayfag
>>
>>377715556
Did Corruption kill your puppy or something? Anyone who gets this damn angry at a video game has some glaring mental problems.
>>
>>377715504
I still to this day don't understand why people place Star Fox's decline singlehandedly on Krystal.
>>
>>377715152
What's wrong with Mega Man's fanbase? Most MM threads are chill.

>>377715035
Zelda is the worst fanbase bar none. I asked why there wasn't a ton of Zelda clones and some dude stated it was because OoT is far too complex of a game and that it's basically impossible for other companies to even attempt to make something similar. Really, 3D Zelda fans are some of the worst.

>>377713983
It's pretty much just one dude aggressively trying to say Metroid Prime 3 is a bad game while lying to make it seem like a lot of people agree with him. Most of the thread is being pretty civil despite disagreements.

You really shouldn't let one dude color the whole fanbase.
>>
File: 1281307078404.jpg (2MB, 2400x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1281307078404.jpg
2MB, 2400x2880px
>>377715556
Please, PLEASE, have sex already
>>
>>377715737
Did Prime 3 save your puppy or something?

Please explain why you are defending this piece of shit game so vehemently
I mean you even agree that it is the worst prime game.
>>
>>377715556
It's okay, you're entitled to your shitty opinion
>>
>>377715556
You absolute fucking imbecile.
>>
>>377715759
homosexual furfaggots think a 10 minute tutorial with a pair of tits and making their forced twink straight ruined the series when it was and always will be Miyamoto
>>
>>377715895
You can stop samefagging anytime.
>>
>>377715504
Honestly Starfox fans kind of has reason. I mean, everything after 64 has been bad. Adventures, Assault, Command.
The one game that could have saved things ended up being a rehash of 64 with less levels and a learning curve that bent back so far that it's a line.
The last good starfox game to come out was the remake of 64 on the 3DS. A remake.
>>
>>377715737
>Anyone who gets this damn angry at a video game has some glaring mental problems

Where do you think we are?
>>
>>377715826
In your opinion it's bad. Opinions are not facts and are not universal. Deal with it.You're free to dislike it all you want but stop demanding the rest of us hate it ebcause you hate it.
>>
>>377715556
Are you ever going to give actual reasons as to why Prime 3 is a bad game? You could just say "personally I dislike it" instead of trying to make it seem like an objectively bad game.

>>377715670
Yeah, I'm not sure why people are shitting on AM2R. I personally loved it despite there being some odd, out of place things.
>>
>>377715971
Assault was a 6/10
So it was decent
>>
File: bussiness suit samus.jpg (155KB, 1170x1644px) Image search: [Google]
bussiness suit samus.jpg
155KB, 1170x1644px
Why do people still keep responding to obvious bait?
>>
>>377715826
>I mean you even agree that it is the worst prime game.

You do realize this means nothing right? Prime 1 and 2 are like 10/10 games.
>>
>>377715504
Sorry but being a fan of this series, I've been through some shit.

First game is excellent if not a little dated. This is the game that should have been remade for 3DS, not 64.

2 was an interesting experiment but overall much much worse than the first.

64 is straight up a masterpiece and the best game in the on-rails shooter genre period, and easily one of the best games period of that generation.

Adventures is an incredibly mediocre Zelda clone that I ended up liking more than the actual Zelda games that would come out over the next decade due to how shit that series became.

Assault has the best multiplayer ever but the campaign is pure dogshit and proved Nintendo completely doesn't get 64 or the cast of characters.

Command was awful and even further proved that Nintendo doesn't understand 64 or the cast of characters.

And god, Zero. You couldn't pick a better number to put in the title. I literally can't think of a single positive thing to say about this game, it's that bad. It's the kind of bad that will eternally taint the Nintendo name. Like, Urban Champion bad. Pokemon Channel bad.
>>
>>377716054
do we agree that it is a prime game?
Do we agree that it is a worse prime game and doesn't come close to the other prime game?

Then there is no reason to play it. I take an original but worse game over a game that is just a worse version of different games

Do you really not understand why prime 3 is technically worse than other m?
>>
>>377697748
>Hey you know what people really like
>Backtracking
>A lot of backtracking
>What if we built an entire franchise around this?
>What if we take it to its absolute most extreme in the sequel to the first 3D game?
>>
>>377716110
>no one has made a Metroid: Daily life romhack where Samus infiltrates high street stores for suits and other clothes
>>
>>377716175
>Do you really not understand why prime 3 is technically worse than other m?
>>
File: feb.png (25KB, 802x704px) Image search: [Google]
feb.png
25KB, 802x704px
>>377716074
>>
>>377716151
>>You do realize this means nothing right? Prime 1 and 2 are like 10/10 games.
So why would you ever play prime 3 instead of just 1 & 2?
>>
>>377697748
I don't like the whole dark/light world theme but if you look past that its a great game
1 > 3 > 2
>>
File: Game Reviews.png (50KB, 776x921px) Image search: [Google]
Game Reviews.png
50KB, 776x921px
>>377716294
Wrong chart
>>
>>377711880
Exactly.
>>
>>377716175
>Do you really not understand why prime 3 is technically worse than other m?
No? And you're not giving very compelling arguments as to why either
>>
File: kuku.jpg (148KB, 493x538px) Image search: [Google]
kuku.jpg
148KB, 493x538px
>>377716175
Please use a name or a trip so we can filter you easily
>>
>>377716385
>>377716437
Now you are not even arguing anymore

Give me one reason to play Prime 3 over 1 & 2.
its the same but worse.
>>
>>377715504
starfox fans never blew up because a developer chose to work on a game that wasn't starfox
>>
>>377716294
This happens because games are expensive. I'm not going to spend 60 euros on a game that I wouldn't consider great.
>>
File: 1474940304483.jpg (114KB, 900x608px) Image search: [Google]
1474940304483.jpg
114KB, 900x608px
>>377716509
Starfox fans are furfags
So they are worse regardless
>>
>>377716509
>chose

Retro did not 'choose' to be relegated to making fucking extra Mario Kart levels in the same way that Rare didn't 'choose' to be relegated to making Avatar clothes and accessories.
>>
>>377716618
>euros
How about you get raped?
>>
>>377716315
>>377716506
Because it's still an 7/8 our of 10 and I don't want to endlessly replay the same game over and over.
>>
>>377716776
So don't
>>
File: idortlosslessdb2.jpg (19KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
idortlosslessdb2.jpg
19KB, 600x709px
>>377716506
>play one game over anoither

How about playing BOTH games!
>>
>>377716776
But it is the same game
Its just worse.

Other M is different

You see now my argument? Prime 3 is worse because it competes with Prime 1 & 2. There is less of a reason to play Prime 3 than Other M

qed I win.
>>
File: 1451947756280.jpg (33KB, 524x505px) Image search: [Google]
1451947756280.jpg
33KB, 524x505px
>>377716632
oh look its the Rareware defense force
How's sea of thieves treating you?
>>
>>377716914
Well prime 2 is worse than prime 1 so why play prime 2 :)
>>
>>377717052
Both are still 10/10 games

Neither is a 7
>>
>>377716632
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has Retro on a leash and they only make the games Nintendo wants them to make. The reason I think this was how Reggie worded the E3 reveal of Donkey Kong Country Returns - something along the lines of "when Retro were ready for something new, we asked them to make this", implying that it wasn't Retro's idea to make a Donkey Kong game, but what Nintendo demanded from them. Similarly, Nintendo were the ones who demanded Metroid Prime 2 be released only two years after the first game, giving them a strict deadline.

That's why I believe Retro will be making the next Metroid game. Nintendo is well aware how much fans want Metroid, and I doubt they will let Retro experiment with anything else right now.
>>
>>377716997
>implying
The last great game Rare made was fucking Perfect Dark.

It's just a shame to see what was once a great developer sink to such lows, same with Retro being forced to make Mario Kart levels of all things. Fuck Mario Kart.
>>
File: 1470814984068.jpg (76KB, 544x728px) Image search: [Google]
1470814984068.jpg
76KB, 544x728px
>>377716914
>people this fucking stupid pollute /v/ every fucking day
>>
>>377717169
Reaction faces sure are arguments.
>>
File: graph.png (12KB, 414x337px) Image search: [Google]
graph.png
12KB, 414x337px
>>377715504
>fanbase whining
I think this can be boiled down to simple math.
>>
>>377717160
>The last great game Rare made was fucking Perfect Dark.
no, that would be Viva Pinata TiP
>>
File: chuckles.gif (5KB, 140x185px) Image search: [Google]
chuckles.gif
5KB, 140x185px
>>377716914
>there's less reason to play a 8/10 game than a 3/10 game
>Also these games are so similar despite me loving two of them and hating the fuck out of the third, but trust me they're incredibly similar.
>>
>>377697748
I liked it better than 3 but not nearly as much as 1. I did like the boss designs much better in 2 than the other two but the areas were overall bland
>>
>>377717354
They are trying the same thing its just that Prime 3 fails

10/10s are always worth playing. Prime 1 & 2 are worth playing
Even the staunchest Prime 3 defenders admit it is only a 6 or 7 out of 10
And a 6 or 7 out of 10 is not worth playing if there are two 10/10s that are just better versions of it.

You know I am right.
>>
>>377717515
Don't care about your psychosis, Corruptiopn's fun and I enjoy it, if you're that incapable of accepting it sucks to be your whiny little bitch ass.
>>
>>377717627
>Its fun and I like it fuck you

That is fine. You can like shit. But stay out of discussions.
>>
>>377717707
>my opinions are fact, STOP LIKING WHAT I HATE ARGLEBARGLEWARGLESNARGLE!!!

Seriously, you're at ACfag levels of being a bitchtit, and you have yet to actually explain why you personally despise Prime 3 so much, all you do is quote website scores like it's the be-all end-all of arguments.
>>
>>377717969
>and you have yet to actually explain why you personally despise Prime 3 so much
Its worse than prime 1 and 2.
It ended the trilogy on a sour note.
I liked Prime 1 and 2. 3 ruined the trilogy.
>>
>>377717515
>Even the staunchest Prime 3 defenders admit it is only a 6 or 7 out of 10

Quote the people saying this, there's only one guy giving a numbered response and he's calling it a 7 or 8 out of 10. Again, stop lying, almost 90% of this thread is positive on Prime 3 except for you, and you can't even back your reasons up.
>>
>>377718108
HOW is it bad anon.
Like not "it's bad because I didn't like said thing" bad but objectively. As it stands you've just said that it's bad because it did something different.
>>
>>377718296
Its bad because objectively better versions of the game exist.
There is no reason for it to exist.
It ruins an otherwise great trilogy.
>>
>>377715670
People don't hate AM2R more than it is being pushed as the greatest thing ever.

Hopefully both things will fade away in a year or so.
>>
>>377718361
>another "it's bad because I say it is" post
>>
>>377711193
IMO I like the extreme contrast between the two
>>
>>377718602
Well you don't accept
>multiple planets
>stackable beams
>no isolation
>shitty motion controls
>the stupid ship

as reasons.

So what else do you want?
>>
>>377697748
It's probably the best metroid prime. Should probably sell my copy since I lost my GC long ago.
>>
>>377718724
Why would anyone accept those as objective reasons when it's based entirely off of your own opinion?
>>
File: Yellow A OK.png (961KB, 855x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow A OK.png
961KB, 855x480px
>>377697748
Two is my favorite of the series, though it's the first one I beat as a kid.
Probably helps that I've always enjoyed dark world mechanics since I like seeing old areas all messed up with new more dangerous shit in it. Never saw it as backtracking which, doesn't bother me much in the first place.
First time I played was pretty spooky, now it's comfortable as hell with a nice soundtrack. Torvus Bog best area.
>>
File: 1451691463391.jpg (38KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
1451691463391.jpg
38KB, 300x267px
>>377717515
Yo hold up

The pikmin fanbase likes pikmin 3 a lot
>>
>>377718748
It had more polished gameplay, but the map design and areas in general aren't as good as the original.

It could have been the best one if the developers had more time.
>>
>>377718850
Anyone here with taste agrees it is the worst prime game

I am just the one explaining how being the worst prime game means it isn't worth playing
>>
>>377717515
>Even the staunchest Prime 3 defenders admit it is only a 6 or 7 out of 10

Prime 3 is easily better than 2. To call 2 a 10/10 is a joke.
>>
>>377718724
I remember thinking it was weird that I had allies in the game, then they were used as puppets by dark samus for boss fights, which was pretty rad.
>>
>>377718910
Is it just a worse version of Pikmin 1 and 2 without adding anything worthwhile?
Because that is prime 3.
>>
>>377718595
/v/ loves having knee jerk reactions to other peoples reactions. Considering what AM2R is it's pretty amazing, if that shit released around the same time that Cave Story did people would have gone apeshit. I know it's not perfect, but it's hard to deny that it's good.

>>377718724
The ship is fine, the motion controls work well and are enjoyable, multiple planets is not inherent poor game design, most of the game is isolated, and the stackable beams are a downgrade to the other two Prime games.

>>377719030
>"No true Scotsman" logical fallacy

You really need to learn how to argue before posting on here. I know this place is seen as a shit hole, but most people here know how to argue logical points.
>>
>>377700508
I played the intro and it felt like a fucking halo game with all the marines and talking NPCs and shit. I didn't like it. Never played past the first planet.
>>
>>377719030
>Anyone here with taste agrees it is the worst prime game
And that doesn't make it bad by any means.
Using real scales for a moment, a game could be 10/10 and it's sequel 9/10 and the latter would still be considered the worst but not a bad game by any means.

> means it isn't worth playing
Yeah because the other two games totally play the same way, have the same story, bosses, weapons etc.
>>
File: 1391846583319.jpg (69KB, 547x396px) Image search: [Google]
1391846583319.jpg
69KB, 547x396px
>>377718910
Pikmin 2 spoiled me with how much exploration there was, the hard as balls caves along with all the things to collect.
Not to mention
>No piklopedia
I see why people like 3, it just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>377719361
The caves didn't have a time limit right?
That felt really weird.
>>
>>377718910
Cute
>>
>>377719361
These are all reasonable. Pikmin 3 was a lot like the first game in a lot of ways. I really like 3's challenge mode tho
>>
>>377719084
I think 3 is a solid 7, 2 an 8 and Prime a 9.

3 was flawless in what they tried to achieve, but they also opted for a safe adventure, not to mention they probably had a hard time focusing on the motion controls.

2 was a rushed game and it was noticeable, it improve the gameplay elements like puzzle solving and combat in general, but the exploration fell flat.

1 was almost perfect, only concern was the lack of control options, but other than that it was a pretty amazing title.

>>377719221
AM2R is a great fan game, but that is all.
>>
>>377719409
Yep, I loved it, gave more time to figure what the hell was going on. Or to fear for my pikmin, if they die it's because I fucked up, no timer for me to use as an excuse.
Always felt good to see no pikmin deaths at the end of the day.
>>
>>377719629
AM2R is the best Metroid game out in a long time, which is probably why people were going apeshit over it.
>>
>>377719752
Generally I hate time limits but Pikmin was so build around it that the moment you entered caves in 2 it felt like something important was missing
>>
>>377719030
>with taste

Another way to say "In my opinion", meaningless.
>>
>>377719961
True, but then again we haven't had a traditional Metroid game since Fusion, which imo was pretty good.
>>
File: shoddy.png (918KB, 829x757px) Image search: [Google]
shoddy.png
918KB, 829x757px
Anyone else ever noticed how they fucked up the models for the varia suit in MP2?

It's been bothering me for years. It's in both the original and trilogy versions.
>>
>>377720151
Is there anyone who thinks Prime 3 is better than Prime 1 or 2.

Or even on the same tier?
Care to explain yourself?
>>
>>377719993
I always wanted to sit back and watch my Pikmin horde grow while collecting tons of treasure. Pikmin 1 is great and I still play it, but Pikmin 2 has me replaying it all the time.
It's all I ever wanted in a game, I hope they go with even numbered games being like 2 and odd games being like 1. That way both sides are happy.
>>
>>377720250
Something doesn't have to be better than everything else in order to be good.
>>
>>377721139
So no one?

So how wasn't wrong that everyone agrees prime 3 is the worst.
>>
>>377697748
It's slightly better than 1, only by an absolutely tiny margin IMO. The level design is more interesting than in 1, and I really liked the idea of solving puzzles that cross between worlds. The only issue for me was that I really hated how the ammo system worked, and that was significant enough to pull a near perfect game down to 'just' excellent.

Have fun with it OP. I really wish I could play it for the first time again.
>>
>>377721242
Worst =/= bad retard.
>>
>>377721562
I already explained that.

The argument from those post was that not everyone agrees it is the worst.

Keep up anon. For fucks sake.
>>
How do you feel about this being the Phazon Suit instead of what we got?
>>
>>377721242
It's cute how you ignore what's actually said and claim no one is explaining anything to you.
>>
File: Darksuit_Artwork.jpg (64KB, 546x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Darksuit_Artwork.jpg
64KB, 546x1020px
I used to think the dark suit was goofy looking but I've grown to like it.
>>
>>377721898
There are two different arguments

1. Prime 3 is not the worst Prime game
2. Just because it is the worst doesn't mean it is not worth playing.

We were at 1 and you jumped to 2.
>>
>>377721949
The only thing I dislike are the shoulders, it makes her look like a Transformer toy robot. It and the Light suit are both really cool and unique though, which makes sense considering they're made by a different alien race.

>>377721749
Some don't, but they're probably in the minority. Did you shift your goal posts from "Metroid Prime 3 is a bad game" to Metroid Prime 3 is the worst Prime game"?
>>
>>377721781
Bland and tame, gimme the edgy one.
>>
Its a 9/10 in a 11/10 series
>>
>>377722258
My argument is
>Metroid Prime 3 is the worst Prime Game which makes it a bad game and not worth playing as long as the other Prime games keep existing.
>>
>>377722002
A few people have said it's the worst of the 3. A few people have said it's the best of the trilogy. A few people have said it's the same as the others. You fixate on the first few and ignore the rest while screaming about how not being as good or better means it's absolutely horrible and evil and sucky.
>>
File: 1332859271486.jpg (50KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1332859271486.jpg
50KB, 450x500px
>>377722002

How are you bozos still bickering about this?

Prime 3 isn't a bad game, good. But not AS good.
>>
>>377722002
You are literally retarded, 1 was N E V E R

N E V E R
E
V
E
R E V E N

once in discussion in the context of your argument of it being worse than Other M. You've blown the ENTIRE argument here. Almost everyone agrees 3 is the weakest of the Prime games, but still top 4 or 5 in the overall Metroid franchise, with Other M being very comfortable at the absolute very bottom. Prime 3 is a straight up 8/10 game and Other M is a 2/10 game. No one is arguing 3 isn't the worst Prime game, but you're the most insanely idiotic piece of shit cunt retarded nigger faggot jewish ginger FUCK I've seen on this board in a long time. Congratulations you've got my blood boiling now.
>>
>>377722416
>A few people have said it's the best of the trilogy.
Literally no one.
>A few people have said it's the same as the others
Literally no one.

Why do you lie?
>>
>>377722410
Well your argument is shit and you're a retarded faggot.
>>
>>377722507
>it being worse than Other M
It is less worth playing yes.
Because while Other M is bad there are not two games which are just Other M but better

Prime 3 has 2 games which are just Prime 3 but a lot better.
>Almost everyone agrees 3 is the weakest of the Prime games

Which is my point. And I explained how that makes it worthless.
>>
>>377698145

thats a funny way of describing it
funny because metroid is better than any ps2 trash

and i dont hear you describing your favorite chinese overrated filth on the ps2 this way
>>
File: IHIl2.jpg (351KB, 800x1484px) Image search: [Google]
IHIl2.jpg
351KB, 800x1484px
>>377722258
Personally I think the light suit looks a bit too sterile and it doesn't really have much of a luminoth aesthetic. I mean apart from their boner for shiny lights.
>>
File: 1412895200854.jpg (5KB, 145x160px) Image search: [Google]
1412895200854.jpg
5KB, 145x160px
>>377722685
I hope ACfag rapes you to death tonight you fucking unimaginable autist. Holy shit. I can't believe you're a real person, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>377722847
That is a great argument

You are really making me reconsider my stance.
>>
>>377722685
I know you're trolling, but let me offer this piece of knowledge:

Not being as good or better than something else does not make something worthless. You're not as good or better than Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, or Louis Pasteur, does that make you worthless?
>>
>>377722845
It took me longer than it should have to realize they love shiny lights because they are moths.
>>
>>377723006
>I know you're trolling
I am really not.
>Not being as good or better than something else does not make something worthless.
As entertainment goes yes it does. If its not different just worse then it is worthless. Unless you mean as a bad example of what not to do.

>You're not as good or better than Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, or Louis Pasteur, does that make you worthless?
If I were a scientist competing at the same time trying to discover the same thing yeah I would say that is worthless.

If I discover the special theory of relativity now that would be worthless right?

Prime 3 came out in 2007 but Prime 2 which came out in 2004 is just better in every way.

I hope you now understand my argument.
>>
>>377722410
You're still in this thread trying to argue that people shouldn't play an 8/10 game because its prequels are better? So you really did shift from "it's shit" to "You shouldn't play it because marginally better games exist and who wants to play more than 2 similar video games anyways". This is a horrible argument.

Fuck dude, I've played a fuckton of 2D Metroidvania games, doesn't mean I'm still interested in checking new ones out too, even if they're not as good as Super or SotN.

>>377722845
Dang, that does look better. They probably wanted it to still be recognizable as Samus, which is why the suit is still so similar to the Varia suit.
>>
>>377722895
Prime 3 is a great game and worth playing because, even in the context of the trilogy, it has a huge amount of fantastic things going for it. It's more flawed than the other 2 but its highlights are just as high as the others. Out of context of its series, it's a fantastic game as well that was a serious GOTY contender in its year of release. There is no reason to not play it, and to reason that it is less worth playing than an objectively shit game is astronomically stupid to such a degree I have to wonder if you have legitimate brain damage.

This isn't an all-or-nothing sort of deal, just because a game isn't the very best doesn't mean it's worthless. If you seriously can't figure this out on your own, or even understand the concept, then congrats being a defective fucktard.
>>
>>377723519
>It's more flawed than the other 2
Every time you guys say that I just feel more convinced I am right

>Out of context of its series
But that is not what it is. You can't just play a game in a vacuum.
> There is no reason to not play i
Yes there is. It will ruin the Prime series for you and you should just replay 1 or 2 for the same but better version of it.
>>
>>377723497
>doesn't mean I'm still interested in checking new ones out too
You really want games that are just worse?
You don't expect devs to make better games or evolve? You are fine with just worse versions of games you like?

See this is why I don't take anyone seriously defending Prime 3.

And you all still admit that it is the worst.
>>
>>377723681
>>377723781
You really don't have any cogent argument here. There is nothing to argue, which is why no one is arguing with you. Go ahead and entrench yourself in your own shit, I hope you start using a name or trip so I can just filter you.
>>
>>377723930
>You really don't have any cogent argument here.
Which part do you not understand?
>Go ahead and entrench yourself in your own shit,
I realize now in other threads I should just make sure that prime 3 is the worst and focus on asking people to compare them

Maybe that will stop people playing Prime 3. The second argument about not wasting your time with shittier versions of good stuff seems to be the offensive one.

You know damn well I am in good company saying Prime 3 is the worst Prime game.
>>
>>377723781
>You don't expect devs to make better games or evolve?

Prime 3 brought on motion controls and improved the combat overall, so it did improve and evolve in some ways.

meh, 1 > 2 = 3. 2 and 3 are both flawed in different ways, but most people prefer 2 due to it being closer to 1 and having an increased difficulty.

but yeah, your argument is shit shit. I like CSGO more than Siege but I'm still playing Siege more because I want something different. You can't realistically expect every new game release to be better than the last.

Then again, I'm unsure why I'm taking you seriously when you've damn near broken your back moving your goal posts around so you can seem like you're not retarded when you still can't even accomplish that much. You're still trying to equate "worst prime game = bad game" when like 10 different posts have already explained to you that a bad prime game is still a great video game. I'd respect you more if you just stuck with your original opinion instead of shifting so dramatically because you can't actually defend your opinions.
>>
>>377697748
sanctuary fortress is the best area in any prime game thats for sure
>>
>>377724530
>because I want something different.
Which is what Other M is
Other M is different
Prime 3 is the same but worse.

I am not really defending Other M here. I am just explaining how it has more merit to exist than fucking Prime 3
You gain more out of playing Other M than playing Prime 3.
>>
>>377724664
Other M is a bad game, Prime 3 is a great game. You will have a worse experience when playing Other M than Prime 3. Again, you're arguments don't hold water dude.
>>
>>377724821
>Other M is a bad game
Yeah
>Prime 3 is a great game.
Meh.

Point is Other M is DIFFERENT
There are not two just better versions of Other M that play like other M and do everything Other M does but better

Prime 3 has two just better versions.
>>
>>377724664
>>377724930
Are you calling it worse than Other M because it changed less than it without understanding what Other M did wrong?
Do you really not understand what's wrong with this line of thinking?

>Prime 3 has two just better versions
It has one single version. Unless of course you're suggesting Primes 1 and 2 share mechanics and features only present in 3.
>>
>>377724930
So let me get this straight, anon.

You're saying that Metroid Prime 3, a game you've criticized for doing things differently than its two predecessors, is a worse game than Other M, which was more or less a hybrid of Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion, just worse than both? And You do realize that Prime 1 was just a slightly weaker version of Super, right? And so the sequel to a game with a better version of it that did things different enough to be criticized, is worse than the game that is a combination of said game with a better version, and the sequel to the game that other game was a worse version of, but that game is better because you think it's different than the sequel that did things differently?

Are you fucking insane?
>>
>>377724930
>Prime 3 is a great game.
>Meh.

Again, this right here is the base of your entire argument and you still can't properly defend this opinion. Whatever though, it's amazing you're able to still keep shitposting this long without saying "okay fine, I just don't personally like the game".
>>
>>377725168
Prime 1 and 2 are just better versions of Prime 3 yes

That is why people always compare the series. That is why you can even fairly compare the series.
>>377725312
>a game you've criticized for doing things differently than its two predecessors
WORSE
Not different enough to be unique. Not same enough to be good.
>>
>>377723348
>argument

Opinion. Do you go around telling everyone that they shouldn't play any games from any other franchises unless they're the best of their franchise, or did only Corruption shit your britches like that?
>>
>>377725402
>WORSE
But anon, your argument goes back to Prime 3 introducing

>Multiple planets
>The stupid ship
>Stacking beams
>hypermode
>motion controls

All of which are substantial changes to the mechanics and gameplay, not to mention the large focus on a cinematic story with dialogue and main characters besides Samus. How is that not different? Your entire argument falls right apart here.
>>
>>377725631
>>377725706
Prime 1 and 2 are very similar. But both of them are still great.
Other M is very different and pretty bad.

Prime 3 is in the sweet spot between where it isn't different enough to be unique but not good enough to compete with the games it is like.

Which is why I stand by that you are better off playing Other M than Prime 3.
>>
>>377725953
But Other M is a shit game and Prime 3 is a great one, how can you not fucking see that people would rather play a great one than a bad one? This is straight up autism of the highest order. You make absolutely 0 sense of any kind in any context whatsoever.
>>
>>377726090
Why not play Prime 1 or 2 if you want to play a great game? Both are literally just a great version of Prime 3.

If you want something different then Prime 3 isn't different so you should play a completely different Game. Other M would fill that desire.

Give me one reason to play Prime 3.
>>
I played all 3 a couple years ago (for the first time). I have no nostalgia bias, 2 is the best.
>>
>>377726345
Which is the worst?
>>
>>377726282
Prime 3 is already a great version of Prime 3.

>Give me one reason to play Prime 3.
Because it's a great game with great art, combat, puzzles, gameplay, environments, bosses, and exploration.
>>
>>377726451
Prime 1 and 2 are better.
>>
>>377707561
Sounds about right.
>>
>>377726536
Prime 3 had many of the entire Metroid series' very best boss fights, not to mention its best art and the single best area of the entire franchise - Skytown.
>>
>>377699887
looks like the upsidedown.
>>
File: IMG_1539.gif (1MB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1539.gif
1MB, 540x303px
>>377707673
>didn't expect backlash for his shit opinion
>>
>>377724930
>>377725953
>this level of circular logic that keeps getting proven wrong post after post

Seriously dude, learn how to argue properly. This is like the third logical fallacy you have committed to in this thread. Do you really expect anyone to respect your opinions?
>>
>>377726748
>Skytown.
I don't even remember that.

Doesn't compare to sanctuary fortress
>>
>>377726407
3 is worst, sky level was the only thing I remember liking even though it felt a little out of place for metroid. I liked 1 for it's atmosphere but the graphics are old so it wasn't as impactful, 2 was more satisfying in all other respects.
>>
>>377726282
What if I don't want to play something completely different than Prime 1 and 2? What if I enjoy what Prime 3 has?

And why the fuck would I play Other M which has a shit story, shit characterization, shit controls, shit mechanics, shit boss fights, shit music, shit design, shit graphics, and is shit?
>>
>>377726939
>This is like the third logical fallacy you have committed to in this thread
This is like your seventh so I think I am winning your little debate club contest.
>Do you really expect anyone to respect your opinions?
Rarely do you ever change someone's mind on /v/. All I can do is present my argument and hope some people are smart enough to understand it.
>>
>>377720185
That's an emulation bug, it's not present on the original hardware.
>>
>>377726971
>I don't remember X but it's worse than Y!

Did you actually play the game?
>>
>>377727010
>What if I don't want to play something completely different than Prime 1 and 2?
Then Prime 3 wouldn't help you. Which is my point

If you want the same then Prime 1 and 2 are better. if you want something different then prime 3 isn't different enough.
>What if I enjoy what Prime 3 has?
You would enjoy Prime 1 and 2 more.
>And why the fuck would I play Other M
Because you want something different?
>>
>>377726536
Prime 1 and 2 also aren't Prime 3.
>>
File: 1483820635806.gif (844KB, 268x278px) Image search: [Google]
1483820635806.gif
844KB, 268x278px
Worst part about 2 is animations, Ammo counter and le epic fetchhquest in copypasteland coloured purple. Sadly this is 50% of the game
>>
>>377727282
Different =! good, similar =! bad, nor does any middle ground between the two correlate to any semblance of quality. Get fucked, retard.
>>
>>377727173
Once. Its not good enough to replay. Its not good enough to play once as long as Prime 1 and 2 exist.

And if it I don't remember it how could it be better?
>>
>>377727497
>And if it I don't remember it how could it be better?
You don't remember your birth, but that's the closest you'll ever get to a vagina so it's better than whatever miserable life you're living right now.
>>
>>377727460
>Different =! good, similar =! bad,
Completely true.
I am in no way implying anything like that

But if you want something like Prime 1 or 2 you should just play 1 or 2 because 3 close and worse. Not because its similar but because it is worse.
And if you want to play something other than Prime 1 and 2 then you shouldn't play Prime 3 because its not different enough

That is the sweet spot I am talking about.
>>
>>377697748
Bosses are a major improvement over 1 but I felt exploration wasn't as interesting due to the similar color palettes of each zone and I liked the weapons better in the first game.

MP 3 just kinda feels like the weakest in the series thanks to the isolated zones and awkward directed story emphasis. It's not bad and has the best control scheme at the time it came out but the MP Trilogy added the control advantage it had to the other games so it no longer felt as strong by comparison.

Long story short, 2 improves on a few things from 1 but at the same time, falls short in a few other areas compared to 1. It's overall still a stronger experience than 3, though that isn't to necessarily say 3 is bad.
>>
File: circular logic.jpg (19KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
circular logic.jpg
19KB, 400x308px
>>377727085
You're argument isn't smart, it's already been debunked here >>377725370

You just keep dancing around the fact that Prime 3 is a good game because you cannot refute this point and have failed to do so multiple times.

The only reason you're trying to bring up Other M and say it's better than Prime 3 because "it's different" is because OM is considered a shit game and you want to make MP3 look worse via the comparison because you yourself cannot refute that it's a good game.

It's also funny that you use logical fallacies and then call yourself smart, is this were you're going to say "I was only pretending to be retarded"?
>>
>>377727689
How can you continue to move your goalposts like this?

3 is fucking great, that is the overwhelming, vast majority consensus. Just because it does a few things worse than 1 and 2 doesn't mean it doesn't also do a few things better, nor does it mean that it isn't worth playing just because of said worse things. The entire basis of entertainment doesn't support your argument, you have no grounds to stand on. You might if Prime 3 weren't great, but it is, and it's absolutely, 100% worth playing.
>>
>>377727793
But my argument still stands if Prime 3 is a good game

Lets say hypothetically I agree Prime 3 is a good game
Its not as GREAT as Prime 1 and 2 and 1 and 2 are CLEARLY better
But it is very similar only not where it matters in the quality department

So there is no reason to play Prime 3. Even if HYPOTHETICALLY I would agree that it is good.
As long as Prime 1 and 2 exist and they are on a different level there is no reason for anyone to play or defend prime 3.
>>
>>377727282
I enjoy all three Prime games.

>Other M is something different

Different =/= good, especially when it shits all over the rest of the franchise while beign an awful game in itself. Rolling around in diahrrea is different from riding a roller coaster, does that make it good and better to do than riding a coaster?
>>
>>377728016
But you are absolutely wrong though, how the fuck can you even type this drivel with a straight face?
>>
>>377697748
I liked what I played significantly more than 1, but I somehow got stuck at some point and haven't bothered to pick it back up since.
>>
File: IMG_1513.png (86KB, 325x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1513.png
86KB, 325x322px
>>377728114
It's because he has a gay face.
>>
>>377728079
>Different =/= good
That is not what I am saying at all.

I am not saying Other M being different makes it better.

But if you want something like Prime 1 and 2 just play Prime 1 and 2. And if you want something different then Prime 3 isn't different enough and you should play something different. Other M is just and extreme example which I use to make my point.
I never said Other M is a good game in any way.
>>
File: 1319025799183.jpg (25KB, 204x182px) Image search: [Google]
1319025799183.jpg
25KB, 204x182px
>>377728274
>>
>>377728114
>But you are absolutely wrong though
Where? What do you not agree about?

As long as you agree that Prime 1 and 2 are better than Prime 3 you should understand my point.
>>
>>377728414
>As long as you agree that Prime 1 and 2 are better than Prime 3 you should understand my point.
No, that's not how it fucking works how the FUCK can you be this dense?

3 is a great game with its own merits that warrant playing it. Prime 1 and 2 all have their own strengths and weaknesses in equal measure. Overall I think 3 is just a slightly weaker experience while also offering a TON of fantastic material, some of which is superior to anything in the first two. Just because it has many similarities and differences does not mean it is either too similar or not different enough to like if you also like the first 2. This is such a fallacy I can't even begin to understand what went so wrong in your head to rationalize that this argument makes any sense. Prime 3 is a great game, and both stands on its own and up to its predecessors. Your argument is so flimsy and shaky I can't even recognize any semblance of logic or reasoning in it.
>>
>>377728016
>>377728414
Your argument is completely "you should play this bad game instead of this great game because it's different", which has been refuted multiple times by multiple anons in this thread. Really, how are you not embarrassed by this level of circular logic? It's an 8/10 game and no amount of you saying "you should play Minecraft instead because it's different!" won't change a thing.
>>
>>377728773
>just a slightly weaker experience
EXACTLY

You have the option to play the BETTER experience.
>Just because it has many similarities and differences does not mean it is either similar or different
Now you seem to be confused about what words mean.

If it were different it wouldn't be JUST a slightly weaker experience
The JUST here is my entire argument
That is JUST what Prime 3 is. A worse prime 1 and 2.

So just play 1 or 2 if you want to play a prime game. And if you want to play something different play something different.

´
>>
>>377729124
If you want the same just play Prime 1 or 2. Nothing wrong with wanting the same
If you want something different play something different
>>
>>377729132
This level of stupidity and circular logic is absolutely unfathomable. Why would I want to replay Prime 1 and 2 if I've already played them, and just not play 3?
>>
>>377729132
>>377729234
Keep moving those goalposts friendo.
>>
>>377728304
You can't seem to understand that I like all three Prime games, do you ignore that part or are you too stupid to understand the way the words are put together.

If I want to play something different, I play Mario, or Final Fantasy, or Overwatch. I don't want Metroid games to be radically different because then they wouldn't be Metroid games, which is one of the many reasons MOM is ass.
>>
>>377729132
Yeah dude, why play any new games when I've already played all the best ones and can just repeatedly replay them
>>
>>377729296
Why would you want to play Prime 3 if you don't want to replay Prime 1 and 2. Its the same game just worse than those two.
>>
>>377729234
Not an argument.
>>
>>377729358
>You can't seem to understand that I like all three Prime games,
I don't really care since that is not part of my argument.
>I don't want Metroid games to be radically different because
So just play Prime 1 or 2 then.
>>
>>377729395
No it fucking isn't you braindead, retarded, caustic, shit eating, faggot lipped, cancerous, ignorant, cunt piece of shit incapable of coherent thought?
>>
>>377729545
Is that a question?
>>
>>377729512
I do play 1 and 2. I also play 3 because I like it just as much as 1 and 2. You're trolling and have been since your first post, but are you incapable of understand THAT extremely basic fact?
>>
>>377729746
>I like it just as much as 1 and 2
But you admit it is worse than 1 and 2, right?
>>
>>377729616
Everything about this entire conversation is a question now because I sincerely cannot believe that someone so incompetent can think enough to type what appear to be coherent words and sentences, but lack any and all logic and thought to turn them into a real argument.
>>
>>377729234
Prime 3 is different enough tho, everyone noticed it. Your argument comes from a personal opinion, which it isn't a bad thing, but you shouldn't try to convince everyone.
>>
>>377729878
Everyone is already on my side that it is the worst Prime game.

That is enough for me. The other part is apparently too emotional for you guys.
>>
>>377729847
Same to you.
I really don't understand how you can fill out captchas and post so much but not understand my simple argument.
Just say you disagree if you disagree but you showcase more and more that you just don't understand it.
>>
>>377729975
It is honestly amazing that you're so deluded and up your own ass here.
>>
>>377729975
Who said otherwise?
>>
File: 1362514120149.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1362514120149.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>377730087
>Just say you disagree if you disagree

EVERYONE HAS SAID THAT, EVERYONE IN THIS ENTIRE THREAD ANON
>>
>>377729812
No.
>>
File: SanctuaryEntrance.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SanctuaryEntrance.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>377697748
2 probably has the best atmosphere out of the 3. I remember playing that shit as a preteen and being scared to death by the opening sequence inside the bug hive. It's like the Starship Troopers films if they took themselves seriously. Nowadays I prefer 1 to 2 because 1 has more distinctive worlds with a better color palette, but I still prefer 2 to 3 because 3 is so boringly linear. And even though 1 on the whole is better, 2 has the best individual area.
>>
>>377730092
I promise I will be in every Metroid thread rating Prime 3 the lowest of the Prime games.

>>377730181
No one ever.
>>
File: 1448633373444.jpg (167KB, 397x555px) Image search: [Google]
1448633373444.jpg
167KB, 397x555px
>>377729975
That isn't your side though, that's just the side you moved your goalpost to so you could feel correct.
>>
>>377729975
>I only listen to people who agree with me and disregard everyone else

Edgy.
>>
>Why would you ever do anything except for shooting heroin straight into your brain? It's just a worse experience!

That one anon in this thread has reached unfathomable levels of retardation. I've seen a lot of stupid shit and I'm still impressed.
>>
>>377730352
Bam
>boringly linear

More reasons why Prime 3 sucks please. It seems to trigger everyone here.
>>377730415
That was always my stance
I am not moving on the other part. I still stand by that.
>>
>>377730497
>More reasons why Prime 3 sucks please. It seems to trigger everyone here.
Literally not one anon here disagrees, what we ALL disagree with is your argument though.
>>
>>377730471
That is almost food metaphor bad.

come on you can do it.
>>
>>377729395
Yeah dude, why play any new games when I've already played all the best ones and can just repeatedly replay them
>>
>>377730497
>SEE SEE someone else said one thing mildly disparaging about Corruption add another notch to my counter everyone despises and is triggered by 3 see see WHY WON'T YOU ALL AGREE WITH MEEEEEEEAAAAH!!
>>
>>377730497
>Prime 3 sucks
No it doesn't.
>inb4 but it is the worst of the three
anon pls
>>
>>377730692
If you want to play something else why would you play Prime 3.
Its not something else
Its the same but worse.
>>
File: 1408024237135.jpg (7KB, 229x200px) Image search: [Google]
1408024237135.jpg
7KB, 229x200px
>>377730797
Being the same but worse does, in fact, make it something else though.
>>
>>377730795
>anon pls
Are you fucking saying it isn't?
>>
>>377730797
It literally fucking isn't and you're literally fucking braindead.
>>
>>377730901
I'm saying it doesn't suck. What's your argument?
>>
>>377730797
desu metroid prime is just quake but worse
should just replay quake if you want to play metroid prime
>>
>>377730497
>That was always my stance
>>377707673
>>377703658

it's not
>>
>>377730991
That it is not different or good enough to be chosen to be replayed over Prime 1 and 2.
>>
>all of these people being trolled and baited by ACfag mkII
>>
>>377731081
But it doesn't suck, ok.
>>
>>377731075
Which of those post goes against Prime 3 being the worst Prime game?
>>
>>377730991
>What's your argument?
Why play Majora's Mask when it's just a worse version of Ocarina of Time? The CD-i games were worth playing more.

Why play Bloodborne when it's just a worse version of Dark Souls? The Surge was different, and was worth playing more.

Why play System Shock 2 when it's just a worse version of System Shock? Bioshock was different, and was worth playing more.
>>
>>377708394
>Its the best 2d metroid.
jfc
>>
>>377731180
But that's not the argument you're saying you've always had that everyone is disagreeing with, that's what everyone agrees with. How the fuck can you possibly conflate the two?
>>
>>377731127
I'm honestly having fun with that guy, I know he cares deep enough.
>>
File: 1247447836435.jpg (13KB, 304x332px) Image search: [Google]
1247447836435.jpg
13KB, 304x332px
>>377727139

That is actually not an emulation error.
Go turn on your Wii or Gamecube, boot up MP2E, go into the inventory and look at the model.
>>
>>377731205
>Why play Majora's Mask when it's just a worse version of Ocarina of Time? The CD-i games were worth playing more.
Replace Majora's Mask with Twilight Princess and then that is close

>Why play Bloodborne when it's just a worse version of Dark Souls? The Surge was different, and was worth playing more.
Replace Bloodborne with Dark Souls 2 and yes.

>Why play System Shock 2 when it's just a worse version of System Shock? Bioshock was different, and was worth playing more.
System Shock 2 isn't worse than 1 you philistine.
>>
>>377731395
can you imagine being this retarded
>>
>>377731180
It goes against your ability to argue that Prime 3 is a bad game, it's pretty amazing how hard you're sidestepping this issue despite already being called out multiple times for circular logic.

Really, unless you can come up with legit answers as to why Prime 3 is bad no one's gonna respect your opinion.
>>
>>377731395
All three of those games are my favorites in the series, I was just shitposting to make the point harder of how retarded ACfag2 is.
>>
>>377731558
>It goes against your ability to argue that Prime 3 is a bad game
Did those post imply Prime 3 isn't a bad game?
>Really, unless you can come up with legit answers as to why Prime 3 is bad no one's gonna respect your opinion.
My argument doesn't depend on Prime 3 being bad. As long as it is worse than 1 and 2 and similar my point stands.
>>
>>377731596
I know.
I am the guy.

Everyone could tell that your post was against my argument because your examples were bad.
>>
>>377731682
Ok, the game doesn't suck. Glad we all agree.

Now that the argument is over, we should celebrate by posting some samus ass.
Thread posts: 544
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.