[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I skip the first two games? I'll go back and play them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 12.jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
84KB, 460x215px
Can I skip the first two games?
I'll go back and play them eventually but I'm not going to be completely lost if I jump into the third am I?
>>
>>377689775
The main plot of every game is more or less self-contained. But the characters and their relationship with each other are persistent throughout the series, so you might find yourself lost in that regard.
In fact, as you should know, the games are based on the books, so you'd still be somewhat lost even if you started with TW1. But you'd definitely would become more familiar with the characters than if you jumped directly into 3.
>>
>>377689775
No, you can't.
You are going to be totally lost. Especially since I just know you did not read the BOOKS either.

Besides, TW1 > 3 > > > 2.
>>
>>377689775
Did you start Star Wars series with the Rogue One as well? Piss off and do it right.
>>
>>377689898
>>377690161
Two great answers.
>>
>>377689775
Yes, the first two games are complete ass and the third is amazing. You miss almost no details that aren't in game notes. I forced myself to slog through the first two games and heavily regret it, they're some of the worst crpgs ever made.
>>
>>377689775
>skipping the best games
no
>>
>>377689775
You can skip them.
>>
2 is the only good one in the series
>>
>>377690527
more like THE absolutely worst.
>>
>>377690435
Holy shit, I've never witnessed such shit taste in my life.

TW1 was magnificent! I played it 4 times in a row.

TW2 was all around a gigantic downgrade and huge consolization. Seriously had to push myself to finish that one even once.
And TW3 is just "TW2.5"; better than its predecessor, but still meh trash.
>>
>>377689775
Just watch a recap of the story beforehand and you're good.
>>
File: 1491699469042.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
1491699469042.png
102KB, 746x717px
I'm glad we reached a consensus on this
>>
W1 is really good, 2 is pretty good as well. Just play them faggot.
>>
>>377690972
>W1 is really good
No it isn't. It's one great big grind fest with shitty mechanics because of its shitty engine.

And OP, 3 is the only decent game in the series. The stories of 1 and 2 may be great for some people, but they are a chore to play through. Let no one tell you different.
>>
>>377690641
People only shit on TW1 because of the combat, which is... unique, to say the least.
>>
>>377689775
You won't get character introductions in w3, the game assumes you know who everyone is already
>>
Watch a game movie for the first one, play the second one.
>>
>>377690527
I really didn't like 2

>world is nothing but narrow pathways and smoke and mirrors
>writing is noticeably edgier and the whimsy of 1 and 3 is absent
>story focuses on muh politics over the fantastical elements
>the soundtrack uses a lot more rock instruments to go along with the "grittier" tone
>>
>>377691070
what grind? you get levels naturally as you play to the point where you're overpowered about halfway through the game
>>
Ciri is magic because that's the way she is.

Romance Yennefer, do NOT tell Triss you love her.

There, you know everything you need to know. Mod the shit out of the game and enjoy.
>>
File: 1489481045658.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489481045658.webm
3MB, 852x480px
Skip all games and buy the books mate and play Gothic 2
>>
>>377691165
>combat, which is... unique, to say the least.
if you've never played a computer RPG and held a mouse before, perhaps. Which wouldn't surprise me anymore, now with all those fucking phone posters around.

I unironically and seriously enjoyed and prefer TW1's combat system over the sequels.
>>
>>377691459
Considering most people on /v/ started their adventure with the series thanks to the third game, sure. I still liked all of the games, really.
>>
>>377691459
same, I thought the timing thing was pretty fun and having different stances is neat

and if someone can't handle that for some reason just go igni build to one shot everything
>>
>>377691359
Grind, as in, it's fucking bother as shit.
>>
>>377689775
Skip all three and play an actual RPG instead.
>>
>>377691420
As much as I love TW3 I really didn't like this forced mechanic. Sometimes I like to look around on my own but even if I find something I can't inspect it until it turns red. Is there a mod to fix that? I love how footsteps can be followed with the naked eye unlike some games, but I'd like to inspect things with the naked eye as well.
>>
Skip the 3rd one too
>>
>>377689775
yes you can. but you are a huge faggot for doing so and you are missing out

i wish we didn't have this thread every day
>>
I cant believe I prefer witcher 1 combat to that shitty roll crap in witcher 3. I do miss all those classy erotic cards.
>>
>>377689775
just read the manga you mong
>>
>>377690641
He's right though, the terrible combat of the first two just make them absolute shit tier.
>>
>>377690161
1>2>>>3

Sorry but the writing in 3 was dogshit, the story is Bioware tier and the fedora tiping is the worst I've seen in any videogame
>>
>>377689775
Read the books, you don't need games
>>
>>377695363
god i hate hipsters
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.