[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was just watching Starship troopers the other day and thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Image553-585x300.jpg (44KB, 585x300px) Image search: [Google]
Image553-585x300.jpg
44KB, 585x300px
So I was just watching Starship troopers the other day and thinking "Man, I really hate space bugs".
Then I remembered seeing a game in a magazine in the 2000's where your main enemy is space bugs.
It was a first person shooter with a class system. I think one of the classes was named Grunt? I think it was alsl a PC exclusive.
I can't remember the name of that game at all, but I kinda want to track it down and play it now.
Does someone know the title of that game?
>Also, forgotten game titles thread I guess
>>
What kind of game was it? There were a few 3D top-down style bug shooters, can't recall any notable FPS ones though.
>>
Natural Selection 2 isn't that old, but it is a class based FPS where you kill bugs. iirc it's sort of tower defensey.

Alien Swarm came out and was free to play on steam. Just got an update too. Was a top down class based game with lots of loadout options.
>>
>>377688452
There was an okay FPS. Multiplayer had a cool defense mode vs AI bugs
>>
>>377688452
It was first person, you shot bugs in apace and (obviously) it was in 3D.
I could be wrong but I think it had coop too?
And from the aesthetic I think the space marine whatevers you played had all kinds of futuristic blue glowy stuff on them.
That is literally all I remember. I only had a demo when I was a kid that came in the magazine and It was lile 10 years ago so I sure as fuck don't remember a whole lot except it was pretty fun
>>
>>377688826
Armorines? no
>>
>>377687632
>"Man, I really hate space bugs"
The brainwashing is strong in this one
>>
>>377688881
I wonder whose behind this post...
>>
>>377688879
No no, it was mid to late 2000s. Around the time XIII came out maybe?
It was more PS2 era stuff
>>
Oh god I found it.
I went through a qiki list of first person shooters around the time and I actually managed to find it.
The name was BREED.
It came out in 2004 and was PC exclusive.
Fuck
>>
>>377688881
That is what a Genestealer would say!
>>
It's called Alien Swarm and it's on Steam.
>>
>>377687632
earth defense force?
>>
There was a starship troopers fps as well. Actually not too bad. It had loads of bugs on the screen and a good recreation of the desert fort defense.
>>
>>377689557
Alien Swarm came out 2010 and was a top down shooter. Can you even fucking read?
>>
>>377689568
That is some fun game too, but its not as obscure as the game I was actually looking for.
BREED.
FUCK.
>>
>>377687632
>"Man, I really hate space bugs"
Play Factorio
>>
>>377689576
Shit, I guess I gotta check that out too
>>
starship troopers wasn't that good of a movie
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrTS8vU3L5U
>>
>>377689961
It is nice entertainment, not the best movie ever, but a fun time
>>
>>377688826
Star wars republic commando?
>>
>>377689961
Starship Troopers wasn't Heinlein's best work
>>
File: 10.jpg (56KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
56KB, 512x448px
Speaking of bugs and forgotten titles. Either I'm insane and just imagined it/dreamt it. But I remember playing a game in the 90s that had pixely graphics like in the image, and probably played similar.

But it was where you flew around a ship that could transform into different kinds of "bugs" and the enemies were other similar robotic bugs. Like robot dragonflies, centipedes, and things. The point of the game was to fly around and use your bombs on numbered bases on the ground, while killing the enemy robot bugs. Destroy all the bases to go to the next level. And I think you could transform your ship at will, and land/take off.
I wouldn't be surprised if I'm going crazy though.
>>
>>377690008
Thats the shit.
Yessss
>>
>>377690123
You take that back you civilian scum!
>>
bug thread?
you know what to post
>>
>>377690123
Best book is Past Through Tomorrow with his short stories second best is Starship Troopers 2bh.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.