[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /v/ now that the Wii is more than 10 years old what are your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: nintendo-wii-free-vector.jpg (14KB, 700x490px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-wii-free-vector.jpg
14KB, 700x490px
Ok /v/ now that the Wii is more than 10 years old what are your opinions on the console and what are your fav games on it?
>>
i don't think I actually enjoyed any of the wii exclusive games I had. My favourite at the time was TP but in retrospect I would have been better off with the gamecube version. I liked Brawl when friends came over I guess.

It's great to have around these days though for playing gamecube games with USBloader/DiosMios
>>
The only good Wii games are Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Wii U is Wii 2.0

Switch is Wii 3.0
>>
>>377684517
New super mario bros wii was fun with friends, red steel 2 was good too if not a bit boring.The wii had good games but i feel that the sheer amount of shovelware or games with forced motion controls sort of diminished any credibility it might have ahd
>>
>>377683983
Back in the day I enjoyed mario galaxy and that is pretty much it.

I hacked it and installed goldeneye, galaxy 2 ,house of the dead and some others but I just can't be bothered.

Where is the comfy hub world in 2? where is Rosalina?
>>
No More Heroes 1 and 2, SMG 1 and 2 1>2, Metroid Prime 3, DKC:R, TP and SS, Okami, and Super Paper Mario
>>
one of the best consoles every created

especially at the time, when the other consoles literally became dumbed down PCs for retards instead of proper game consoles
>>
>>377683983
In my opinion, it's the best console of Nintendo.

Yo can play pretty much any game from any nintendo system and then some. You can play much more games if it's hacked.

It had a great library of it's own as well.
>>
File: hotd.jpg (214KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
hotd.jpg
214KB, 1024x687px
>>
I bought a pair of 3D glasses and play Virtual Boy games on it through Mednafen.
>>
>>377683983
>go online
>check out Wii games
>wtf?
>almost as expensive as the day they were released

Fuck you nintendo.
>>
>>377684517

http://i.imgur.com/4Grb84C.jpg

http://archive.loveisover.me/foolz/search/username/ruggarell/
>>
there's only a dozen games that are worth owning on Wii
and this anon posted them >>377685129
granted Metroid Prime 3 should be Prime trilogy and RE4 should be added
>>
>>377685513
red steel 2 and monster hunter tri are missing tho
>>
>>377683983
Let me open my dolphin folder

Animal crossing
Donkey kong returns
excitebots
fragile dreams
harvest moon
lost in shadow
mariokart
muramasa
okami
pandora's tower
rayman origins
red steel 2
rune factory frontier
no more heroes
madworld
monster hunter tri

games that aren't great but I liked them anyway
Anno
arc rise fantasia
conduit 2
deadly creatures
fishing resort
kirby's return
mushroom men
the last story
spectrobes

As well as Nintendo first party and a few I've probably lost over time.
>>
>>377683983
I like it. It has a really great game lineup if you know where to look.

Besides the really obvious things like Super Mario Galaxy, I like the Trauma Center games, Rune Factory Frontier, Wario Land: Shake It, and Kirby's Epic Yarn.
>>
File: Ruggarell.png (182KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
Ruggarell.png
182KB, 758x426px
>>377684517
>>
File: gamelist wii.png (126KB, 1207x696px) Image search: [Google]
gamelist wii.png
126KB, 1207x696px
>>377683983
>what are your opinions on the console
It still holds up as a console 10 years down the line. Just yesterday I was playing Trauma Center: New Blood, and it's pretty fun.
> what are your fav games on it
Pic related.
>>
>>377687845
There's also EarthSeeker and a few other Japan-only exclusives that are worthy of note, but, fuck me, I'm not going to learn another language solely for vidya.
>>
File: 1494327965688.png (167KB, 422x508px) Image search: [Google]
1494327965688.png
167KB, 422x508px
>Pokemon ORAS was 3 years ago
>Wii U was 5 years ago
>3DS (3D without glasses!) was 6 years ago
>>
>>377683983
>no games after 3 years
>online service dead 1 year after they announce Wiiu
At least it's the first that got hacked so this scam worth something.
>>
I like how the piracy is ridiculously stable and every game is available.

Should I bother to update to the very latest version of d2x? (V10) I only came back recently and that's pretty much the only thing that had changed in about 3 years.
>>
>>377687845
Nothing but 6-7/10 games. Sad!
>>
>>377691212
>he doesn't think Forgotten Sands Wii is 10/10
>he doesn't think Metroid Prime Trilogy is 10/10
>he doesn't think HotD: Overkill is 10/10
>he doesn't think Epic Mickey is 10/10
>he doesn't think Sonic Colors is 10/10
Get outta my face.
>>
The Wii has a bunch of nice games but I fucking hate the controls. Seriously half of the time the controls won't work at all which ruins gameplay. I am too cheap to buy a controller for it since most games don't even support a controller. I wish all games would support a controller and there was a way to play wii without any motion sensor gimmick.
I've tried Golden Eye on it but my arm would ache so badly from pointing it towards the screen the entire time. People complained Kinect is too much hard work. I've played 4 hours of Rise of Nightmares straight without any trouble and I would move my entire body but 30 minutes of Golden Eye and my arm is killing me.
The shitty graphics also ruined it for me. There is seriously no improvement towards the Game Cube which felt like a rip off the day the Wii got released. I wish it would have at least somewhat better graphics. RE4 is the best game for it and the control scheme is nice and not annoying like any other game. I think I will start playing Bully for Wii now.
>>
>>377683983
Unironically think it was better than the PS2 and it's still great, mostly thanks to Nintendo's games than third party.
>>
Dokapon kingdom is the best wii game
>>
I still can't get Cooking Mama 2 to work on my soft modded Wii? Any advice? Took me ages to get Zelda Skyward Sword to run. I needed a bunch of external files I had to put on my SD card.
>>
>>377683983
I bought one on launch day, played Mario and Zelda, they were ok, then I sold it. I'd say it was my most regrettable console purchase until I got an Xbox One.
>>
>>377683983

it was a good console
in fact i'm going to dare to say that it was the last good console

most people seemed to hate motion control but i thought they were a good idea, wii sports was a lot of fun and it's kinda sad to see the idea never went anywhere after that

it had some of nintendo games at it's best (galaxy,twilight princess if you didn't want to bother with the gamecube version, donkey kong country, punch out) it had a lot of wacky original IP ideas (zack & wiki, little king story, mad world)

i think it gets more flack than it deserves because of the popularity it enjoyed and all the shovelware game released on it
>>
File: Freya sword.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Freya sword.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Personal favorite games on it were MHTri and Zangeki No Reginleiv.
>we never got a localized Norse EDF that properly demonstrated how to do motion controls correctly in a game
>>
>>377693212
>all the shovelware game released on it
That's the main reason, and unlike the PS2 which also was a shovelware/casual king people weren't willing to dig past the garbage to get to the gems with the Wii.
>>
One of my favourite consoles, honestly.
>HotD Overkill
>Sin & Punishment
>Deep Crimson Butterfly
>Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the lunar eclipse
>Fragile Dreams
>Trauma Center
>Return to dreamland
>Kirby's epic yarn
>Castlevania Judgment

I'm still buying games for this. The next ones I want to get are Ju-On and Calling. They may not be that good but they look interesting enough for me.
>>
Wii had the best version of Resident Evil 4

The two Resident Evil lightgun shooters were good too
>>
I just want No More Heroes Collection on Switch or on PS4
NMH1 HD was great
>>
Currently playing Excite Truck.
>>
one thing that really annoys me are the controllers.

1. They need fucking batteries. i feel like every single time i had friends over to play, i had to get new batteries first.

2. there were barely any games that made good use of the wii mote feature. Metroid Prime 3, Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2. Thats about it.
>>
>>377683983
Wii actually has a surprising number of good games. However, most of the mainline titles are disappointing, so between that and the shovelware, most people just assumed the entire library was shit.

Some of my favorites for the system were Rune Factory Frontier, Wario Land Shake It, and Muramasa.

>>377687845
You should check out We Cheer and/or We Cheer 2.
>>
>>377696651
>You should check out We Cheer and/or We Cheer 2.
Assuming you are being serious (and not just taking the mickey out of me), I don't enjoy dancing games.
What makes We Cheer better than other dancing games?
>>
>>377698825
It's rather demanding in you precise your movements are (as opposed to Just Dance, which will accept about anything close) and it's a nice bit of workout, requiring moving both controllers around quite a bit. But it is basically a dancing game, and if you don't like current (western) pop music then you'd probably want to pass on it.
>>
single handedly ruined my faith in Nintendo
>>
File: current wii setup.jpg (351KB, 1216x796px) Image search: [Google]
current wii setup.jpg
351KB, 1216x796px
>>377699319
Interesting. If it had more decent music tracklist, I probably would've tried it out (although, my current Wii setup doesn't lend itself to active games).
>>
>>377695953
use rechargeables.
>>
Its the kind of console I only start to appreciate until now, I got a classic controller as a gift and after hacking it, you get access to pretty much all the Nintendo's library until today.
>>
ironically the wiimote turned out to be best for games that nintendo didn't like to make (fps, rail shooters, etc)
>>
>>377688208
>oras 3 years ago
No.
>>
MarioKart (I know its cliche, but it was fun)
Sin & Punishment (great rail shooter)
Okami (My 7 year old daughter adored this game - oozed style)
Ikaruga (when I needed a reminder of how I suck at video games)
Mario Galaxy 2 (deserved the hype)
Goldeneye (really, really, really solid shooter)
Xenoblade Chronicles (nuff said)

I really thought it great that Nintendo took such a chance and made a console that demonstrably didn't even try to hardware-wank-fight with the other consoles.
>>
>>377699568
other way around for me, it redeemed my faith in them after the turd that was the gamecube

they lost it almost immediately with the wii u though
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.