[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Majin Tensei has the best Sprite art in the series >it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

File: image.png (870KB, 4096x3584px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
870KB, 4096x3584px
>Majin Tensei has the best Sprite art in the series
>it's not translated
Explain this bullniggashit
>>
Good motivation to learn Nip then, innit?
>>
All this explains is why nobody takes sprite shitters seriously.
>>
File: Smtifcover.jpg (2MB, 1448x1474px) Image search: [Google]
Smtifcover.jpg
2MB, 1448x1474px
>yfw there's a If DLC for P5 before the game's even translated

GIDEON
>>
File: his smile and optimism gone.jpg (100KB, 816x900px) Image search: [Google]
his smile and optimism gone.jpg
100KB, 816x900px
>>377677679
>23 months since AGTP last posted an update for any project at all
>>
>>377677679
He's too busy being a shill for Hill on twitter to translate video games
>>
Basically, Gideon's had the game on his list for about 15+ years, along with the sequel. Unless someone else comes along and snipes the translation out from under him (as what happened with Mystic Ark and the SNES version of MT1&2) he's not going to work on it. He'll still happily announce that he's working on a bunch of shity nothing games in the meantime. I think right now, he's putting all his energy into a SRW spinoff that no one asked for. So thanks, Gideon, you lazy shit.
>>
>>377678858
don't let it die
>>
>>377678858
who were the teams that sniped KMT and Mystic Ark from him and what was his reaction? Can we ask them to do it again for if.../Majin tensei 1 and 2?
>>
File: shaggy yugi.png (217KB, 518x384px) Image search: [Google]
shaggy yugi.png
217KB, 518x384px
>>377678461
what is it with weebs and liberalism

you would think they'd balk at learning a language belonging to a civilization whose society is considerably less "progressive" than theirs
>>
File: If... Fucking when.jpg (124KB, 785x802px) Image search: [Google]
If... Fucking when.jpg
124KB, 785x802px
>>
>>377681837
Dynamic Designs did Mystic Ark. Literally 4 days after their translation came out of nowhere, he released his. His reaction was along the lines of 'oh, I've had this lying around forever, I just never got around to doing anything with it'.

A group called DDS Translation did KMT, after he'd spent a year or more screwing around with the NES version. No idea why he didn't do KMT himself, but it was probably for the same reason he did that one Tactics Ogre game that had an official PS1 release. With that one, he was basically like 'well, it's not the original NES release, but it'll do, I guess'. Sour grapes, by any other name.

If you want to get in contact with them, their details should be up on Romhacking.net.
>>
>>377677519
What's an ustoc? Isn't it meant to be an estoc? But that would be エストック, right?

Man I couldn't be a translator, particularly for an Asian language. It's too ambiguous at times.
>>
>>377682359
It's not ambiguous at all, it's the name of the enemy.
>>
>>377682739
Oh shit I didn't read the names above the healthbar.

I couldn't be a translator. I'm too retarded.
>>
>>377683132
Keep practicing and you can make it one day.

がんばれ
>>
>>377683487
ganbare? I thought it was ganbate?
>>
>>377683487
Thanks, がんばる~

Since we're on the subject, I wonder if you could point me in the right direction for learning how to fan-translate games?
I wouldn't know where to begin and altering a game so that the text appears differently sounds like wizardry to me.
>>
File: 1406077476736.jpg (22KB, 365x280px) Image search: [Google]
1406077476736.jpg
22KB, 365x280px
>>377683568
>>
>>377683568
I'm the guy he was replying to.
GanbaTE implies more of a "good luck" or "just do it!" (in an encouraging, positive way, not necessarily commaning way) vibe, in my opinion.

GanbaRE is more like "You can do it!"
>>
>>377682246
Thanks man.

Gideon is a fucking scumbag honestly. Does not post ANY news on his translations on his website so you have to follow his twitter. But his twitter is 80% #shillforhill which I dont care for his political views but am here for your updates not what you believe for crying out loud. If you ask you get banned as well.

I don't know why he does not just relase SMT if... if he is to parioined on getting trusted "beta testers" to test it out. Let it be an open beta test or release as is. FE4 for the longest time did not have an epilouge and FE5 STILL has fucked up gibberish menus. And his other works (SMT 1 and 2) were buggy as shit and you could not even go LAW in SMT I.
>>
File: schoollive.png (101KB, 288x319px) Image search: [Google]
schoollive.png
101KB, 288x319px
>>377678003
you think that's bad? i've been waiting since fucking middle school for them to release Super Robot Wars Alpha and im now 22 years old
>>
File: old-skeleton.jpg (19KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
old-skeleton.jpg
19KB, 330x500px
>>377683835
Remember when Gideon said it was 90% done back in 2009?
>>
Someone for the love of god snipe Romancing SaGa 2 from him.
>>
>>377683764
I couldn't give a shit about his political leanings. Political preferences are like assholes - everyone has one and most of them stink. What pisses me off is that he always posts like it's a huge struggle for him to do any work, yet still acts like he's one of the foremost voices in the fantranslation community, just because he did SMT1&2 and a SRW game. He's coasting on old glories, and I really, really hope someone tells him that. It's pathetic.
>>
>>377684084
Romancing SaGa 2 got a localisation though. On IOS!
>>
File: Good one.jpg (41KB, 408x320px) Image search: [Google]
Good one.jpg
41KB, 408x320px
>>377682105

Japanese kept their culture intact by not letting any immigrants in and generally being socially conservative, let's let tons of immigrants into our country and celebrate the destruction of the family unit!

Who fuckin knows
>>
>>377684084
romancing saga 2 is gonna get released on vita in english in the far off year of 20XX
>>
>>377684389
>$25
;(
>>
>>377684389
Its on android as well. Why was't SMT I on android? why is SMT II on the IOS but only in Japanese?
>>
>>377684526
haha while the yakuza are mostly ethnically Korean. and 10 years ago you were called out as a korean or chinese and could lose your job over it.
>>
>Traduko soft canceled their P2EP PSP translation

Other then gideon who else has fully translated SMT games? Or worked on them?
>>
>>377685118
Tom and Gemini did the first complete translation of P2:IS. They were most of the way done with Soul Hackers, but when the Western release of the 3DS port was announced, they closed the project. Since then, Tom's done a load of random work for other teams and Gemini, last I heard, vanished in a heap of drama.
>>
File: Mitsuru 2.png (252KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuru 2.png
252KB, 1024x1024px
>>377685071

Yeah it has its problems but it's leagues better than post-modernism

to keep it on topic, this is best SMT/Persona girl
>>
>>377685118
Oh, and Gid also had the PS1 version of Soul Hackers on his list as far back as 2000. Guess how much work has been done on that, past the half-dozen mockup screenshots on his site?
>>
>>377677589
I want to but i know i lack the commitment to do it
>>
>P2EP

Is this the best intro to an Atlus game ever made?
>>
I'LL TRANSLATE FOR FREE

QUICK GIVE ME SOME PHRASES

are the SMT games Furi/hirigana?
>>
>>377685435
forgot the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bgbfEPUog&t=2s
>>
>>377677679
>tfw the translation will never get released
>>
>>377685246
no way to contact them specifically now huh? Wish SMT was a bit bigger so we can get actual fan translators. I doubt sending them messages via twitter or whatever will do anything but its worth a shit I guess.
>>
>>377685749
The community's pretty big these days (though the SMT side is outnumbered by the Persona side, unsurprisingly). The problem is, there's few people interested in translation and even fewer who know shit about romhacking. I mean, there's a fair ton of manga that requires translation, but it's not happening. If I knew noodlerunes, I'd be offering my services left and right, but then again, I'm sure everyone in the fandom says that.
>>
File: acting like a total moron.jpg (31KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
acting like a total moron.jpg
31KB, 300x392px
>>377685475
>>
>>377685435
Absolutely.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.