[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's just me or video game got worse after 9/11 I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1495305914789.jpg (45KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1495305914789.jpg
45KB, 600x338px
It's just me or video game got worse after 9/11

I'm serious.
>>
Everything got worse after 9/11.
>>
No. The jews declared war on video games in 2007 with CoD, Big Bang Theory and the "geek but sexy xD" culture.
>>
What was with the 00's? Edgy as fuck.
>>
>>377674473

Is that a real ad?
>>
>>377674819
Please be bait
>>
>>377674473
It's not just you. 2000 was the epitome of video games. Everything released since is pretty much retreading the game design philosophies of the time. Some do it well enough and can make a game that would have been mind blowing then, but most others aren't even trying to raise the bar. Although to be fair, I'd say we were getting good vidya up to 2004, but by then good game design was in decline.
>>
Advance Wars came out ON 9/11.

Does that make it the best or the worst?
>>
>>377674473
NieR was based on 9/11 (it's also the protagonist's birthday), so it's got that going for it.
>>
>the "war on terror" is why video games are bad

Any reason to bomb some countries, huh Amerifats.
>>
>>377674473
Morrowind was post 9/11 tho.
>>
>We will never be able to see the complete ending of MGS2 due to the Bush/Al Qaeda collaboration
>>
>>377674819
I fucking wish.
>>
File: killer7j.jpg (61KB, 313x460px) Image search: [Google]
killer7j.jpg
61KB, 313x460px
>>377674473
Wrong.
>>
File: file.png (91KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
91KB, 350x232px
>>377674819
It's The Onion.
>>
>>377675270
>he says smugly under the comfort of our military umbrella
I don't see you complaining about the lack of Russian and Chinese boots on your neck
>>
>>377674819
it was a different time
>>
>>377674473

Something tells me that's about when you went from the bright eyes of "everything about vidya games is wonderful and exciting" and into "wowza there sure is a lot of samey shit out there". Maybe 10 or 12 years old?
>>
>>377675196
>best or the worst?
Best. Since it came out on 9/11, its the magnum opus of video games.
>>
>>377674819
If this was real I don't think subway would exist anymore from bad publicity alone
>>
>>377674982
I think the problem is that generally games today are too muddled and hybridized. Most games used to tend towards more singular design philosophies. If you wanted a particular experience, you would play a particular game. Genres were more distinct in how they played and didn't overlap among each other. Now though, every game genre just bleeds into the next with each genre borrowing unfitting designs from other popular genres. So now instead of going to one game for a particular experience, you go to one game for every experience but it's not as polished and it's not as focused and it generally just isn't as good.
>>
>>377674819
Only If you believe hard enough.
>>
>>377674473
At leasd u english got betta for us
>>
>>377674819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ciu1bTFts
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.