[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't the Japs made a Nuclear disaster game like Stalker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17

File: 1486570604562.jpg (187KB, 760x933px) Image search: [Google]
1486570604562.jpg
187KB, 760x933px
Why haven't the Japs made a Nuclear disaster game like Stalker or Metro? You'd think after having 2 nuclear bombs dropped on em' with a nuclear reactor exploding there'd be plenty of material to make their own exclusion zone centered game with some nice body horror mutants.
>>
They took that theme in a different direction.
>>
File: 1492235228092.png (339KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492235228092.png
339KB, 640x480px
>>377672872
What in the sweet name of Christ am I looking at here?
>>
>>377673042
This.

Behold.
https://youtu.be/IGCTSSWT4lg
>>
>>377673046
Something called the Horror of Pripyat eating a Stalker.
>>
>>377673046
It's a drawing of http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-682
>>
>>377673046
An unknown number of cows combined with an unknown number of humans.
>>
>>377673042

Except that there hasnt been a good godzilla game though. The one we have recently isnt even remotely as fun as edf 4.1
>>
>>377673184

No it isn't.

https://keiththompsonart.com/pages/pripyatbeast.html
>>
アホくさ
>>
>>377673393

>Except that there hasnt been a good godzilla game though.

Wrong.
>>
The Japanese went from absolute horror to comfort in a relatively short time. They witnessed the worst of war but then got back to comfort and that's reflected in their art. It's more fantastical and while it certainly reflects that whole anti-nuclear sentiment in Japan the US did a really good job of rebuilding and getting that crazy soldier mentality out of the Japs.
The slavs on the other hand have spent the last few centuries if not millennia fighting off hordes of kebab and other slavs with nothing but a bottle of vodka-scratch that they can't afford vodka now, fucking cologne to console them, giving them this fucked up view of the world that's reflected in those grounded survival horror games we all like.
>>
Japan is really skittish about nukes BECAUSE of the fact that they were bombed. The only games that tackle the subject do so in a way that discourages them or points out how flawed they are as a form of warfare (see Metal Gear Solid).

Even games that have nuclear stuff can get censored when brought over there. In Fallout 3, nuking Megaton isn't possible I think in japanese versions.

Making a game about the disaster following a nuke in Japan is probably beyond taboo and would likely get censored up and down. It'd be cool to see their take on that kind of set up, but they're skittish about that shit.
>>
Pride, honor and denial I would guess.

They won't talk bad about the older generation. They don't want to admit they fucked up.
>>
>>377673603

Not to mention the what Japan had to suffer under the us was nothing comparable to what slavs had to suffer during the German invasion. And even after that, stretch to 50 more years of communist rule.
>>
>>377673603
This is simplified but generally true in principle. Different mentalities, different circumstances. Japanese has only Japanese to deal with, under American umbrella after the war. Slavs had and still have the whole Europe, Middle East, and biggest of all the spectre if the Soviet Union still looking over them even today.

t. Slav
>>
>>377673603
Guess that makes sense when their ideal form of nuclear mutant is cartoony kaiju monsters. I was hoping more grimy shit would emerge from Japan because they've experienced 2 forms of nuclear disaster while the Soviets just had Chernobyl.
>>
>>377673686

They probably wouldnt. They would instead use a physical metaphor for it like Godzilla. Shin Godzilla for example was their metaphor for the 2011 tsunami and nuclear meltdown.
>>
>>377673896
Consider this: The Japanese experience with Nuclear disasters primarily the complete destruction of a city and then the radioactive fallout. In Eastern Europe, it's just the radioactive part. There's still infrastructure there to make a setting out of. In Japan, shit gets fucking obliterated first, so it's personified into a giant monster that wrecks shit rather than a diseased, but explorable, area.
>>
>>377673956
Exactly. Using a stand-in to discuss nuclear destruction is way more their style due to how skittish their society is about it.

Sadly, that means we will probably never see their take on what a nuclear apocalypse looks like.
>>
>>377673896

Miyazaki from the 90s probably would, but not right now. The only people with balls to address an outright nuclear scenario would be mangaka, but video game devs and anime studios? Nah, rhat would hurt sales and ratings. I remember an anime that had to be aired on the web but not on national tv because it showed the "incident" of nanking.
>>
>>377672872

Tha'ts amazing work.
>>
>>377672872
Because nuclear power permeates every part of Japanese culture anyway. Making a wasteland RPG would just be too on-the-nose for them. Instead of Nukes it's magic or crystals or aliens or robots or all of the above.

I mean every other anime and movie from ol' Nippon is about Nukes.
>>
>>377674151
So do Japs have a permenant fear whenever they see the Radiation symbol or anything even related to nuclear disasters? That really sucks considering they have their own Fukushima exclusion zone thats probably ripe for vidya content.
>>
File: 22891_front.jpg (147KB, 640x1162px) Image search: [Google]
22891_front.jpg
147KB, 640x1162px
>>377672872
*ahem*
>>
>>377674441
I think it's more of a generational thing, older people who were alive when Nagasaki/Hiroshima happened are very sensitive about the nuclear bombings for obvious reasons and Japanese culture places a great deal of respect and admiration towards older people so that fear of nuclear weapons rubs off on everyone there, even in just the sense that you don't joke about the holocaust around your 70 year old jewish neighbor.
I'm sure that once the WW2 generation dies off the anti-nuclear sentiment will dial down and eventually we'll get more direct art about nuclear war from Japan
>>
>>377674487
>Cartoony, wacky, anime tier
Was hoping for somethimg like an actual nuclear disaster game ala Stalker or Metro with mutant monsters and assholes with guns.
>>
>>377674715

Hopefully. What I notice is that Jap scifi has always been about transhumanism, probably due to their economic boom in the 80s, but Id be really down for a grounded jrpg about travelling an irradiated Fukishima with souls gameplay.
>>
>>377674895
>Souls gameplay
Stop this fucking meme already. Not every fucking game has to be Souls you fucking mong. If anything a game focusing on Fukushima's exclusion zone should have the Stalker gameplay of managing radiation, sanity and the pure kino gunplay with realistic bullet dropping, amomo types and armor protection.
>>
>>377672872
Japs have tons of media with world ending threats or the world in a post-apocalyptic state. The apocalypse is a big theme in Japan. You don't have to show a nuclear disaster to evoke it.
The Drakengard and Nier series are good example of that, and JRPG often have evil super weapon as a common theme, the MGS serie is all about WMDs as well. Japan simply doesn't go the Stalker route and tackle this theme in their own way.

The "wasteland" theme is a very western thing, it's not surprising Japan didn't do it's own Stalker.

>>377674736
>It has japanese tropes
Of course it does. It's a japanese games.
>>
>>377675094

Except that japs cant into third person shooters unless its Kojima. Then again, Kojima is the only jap dev who makes a bid deal about nuclear arsenel. So hopefully, he does make a game about that. mgs was always about the threat of nuclear war, but we never see the effects of it. Of course, unless that is what Death Stranding is about and the black goo in promos is a metaphor for radiation.
>>
>>377672872
I would be down for a game about manly Japanese men fighting nuclear terror without any weebshit
Also, just Nippon perspectives on nuclear because 2 bombs + Fukushima
>>
>>377675250

Its not about world ending events or even the apocalypse though, but the dangers of radiation and how it can fuck up our bodies and the environment it poisons. Japan never tackles that despite being on constant threat due to how unstable the area around Fukushima is.
>>
File: 1495426583119.jpg (67KB, 758x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495426583119.jpg
67KB, 758x1000px
>>377675284
I'm sure it's not that hard for some nips to implement realistic gunplay to any game. I a bunch of tracksuit wearing slavs and their vodka magic did it in 2007 it's not impossible for one of them to re-discover it. Then again Japs never had the threat of kebabs and Communism looming over their countries so they probably lost all knowledge on how guns work.
>>
>>377675508

They dont even have access to guns if they wanted to.
>>
>>377672872
Japan itself is a nuclear disaster and anime is a direct consequence.
>>
>>377672872
Well, anon... that's the reason they DONT. Chernobyl was an incident, Hiroshima and nagasaki were part of a war. Not to mention the fatalities. It would probably be seen as bad taste.
>>
>>377675646
Because it's a Homogenous society, and they don't have subhumans shitting up their country. So firearms aren't really a necessity I guess.
>>
For the same reason the US hasn't made a game about 9/11. Some shit is just considered too taboo to make it into a game. Not saying I agree with it, but thats the reason.
>>
>>377674736
So play those games them.
Why do you have this need for a Japanese STALKER?
>>
>>377675848
Fukushima was an accident too.
>>
>>377675945
Because when you play the Stalkers for the 398th fucking time even with mods it gets a bit stale to the point you wanna kill yourself. I want more in that type of genre.
>>
>>377675945

Well maybe because /v/ says Japan makes better games. Wouldnt you want a better Stalker?
>>
>>377675945
Also besides Chernobyl Japan has the most Nuclear related disasters in any country to date. Their government is still being hush-hush about the Fukushima exclusion zone that's quietly devestating the area and people living in it, so it's fucking ripe for vidya.
>>
>>377676043
Play the DayZ mod. All the pleasure of looting in a hostile shithole, amazing ballistics, absolute brutality. Taking out a squad of heavily armed men all controlled by intelligent humans beats the hell out of killing the same brain dead AI bandits for the 100th time.
>>
They made Godzilla holy shit are you retarded.
>>
>>377676261
Wish in one hand, shit in the other. Which one filled up first?
>>
>>377676137
Stalker is good enough.
I really don't see how Japan could make it any better or interesting.
>>
>>377675461
I know, what I mean is that Japan does not tackle this theme in that way. Western media like the idea of surviving in extreme conditions, wich leads to games like Fallout or Stalker (and all those early access survival games on Steam). However for Japan it'll be replaced with an apocalypse or a disease (Nier and Drakengard serie, even Soulsborne to an extent). That's why the symbol of nuclear danger in Japanese media is Godzilla and not a Mad Max-like figure (even if Mad Max has nothing to do with nukes, it heavily inspired things related to it in western media).

You usually won't see them simply have a rough guy in a nuclear wasteland fighting for his life because it's not the japanese way of tackling that subject.
>>
>>377675945
Anon, are you saying you wouldn't want a hiroshima based game? Or not even hiroshima but look at a few years ago when japans reactor had a fucking breach that thank god it didn't explode.
>>
>>377676043
>I'm sick and tired of STALKER
>Give me more!
Wew lad
The genre of STALKER is FPS Horror, there are plenty of games in that genre.
>>
>>377672872
Waifus make more yen, you silly fat American.
>>
>>377676325

Yeah because Godzilla games are a thing in the modern japanese vidya industry. Its always a cheap cash in game about kaiju fighting each other. Never about some faceless grunt who hopelessly tries to fight a living nightmare borne out of the nuclear bombs
>>
>>377676603
What would you even do in a Hiroshima game? Count bodies? Try to put out fires? Beat starving orphans that are stealing food? Some shit simply isn't appropriate for Vidya.
>>
File: 048.jpg (3MB, 3840x2953px) Image search: [Google]
048.jpg
3MB, 3840x2953px
>>377676697
>there's no strategic Godzilla Defense Force Game where you play the leader of the special JSDF division that has to manage the city-wide response to a Kaiju attack
Just fucking end me
>>
>>377676542
>I really don't see how Japan could make it any better or interesting.
They rarely make games similar to it so even if they tried chances are their lack of experience with FPSs would be a detriment. They could always try a tps though
>>
>>377676782

Simple. Fight irradiated humans. Imagine trying to fight off a banzai charge of irradiated imperial japanese soldiers
>>
>>377676603
Around 80% of the buildings in Hiroshima were completely obliterates by the nuke, there would be literally nothing to explore in a post nuke Hiroshima game.
The Hiroshima of today is just another city.
So no, I wouldn't want a game about Hiroshima, because it would be boring.
Fukushima would be nice, but as explained in this thread, the Japanese have an entirely different approach to nuclear disaster so it wouldn't be anything like STALKER, and the game made by anyone else but the japanese would lose a lot of feeling, similar to how STALKER would lose its feeling if it was made by Americans, for example.
>>
>>377676607
Lemme,rephrase this post
>I'm sick and tired of replaying the same single piece of this particular genre to the point I know every single thing and become incredibly burnt at which I really want to kill myself
I wanna see a new Zone, fight some new mutants like a fucking man eating Japanese Radish or some shit and re-discover all the hidden caches and b3st spots to find shit.
>>
>>377676928
If it's just going to be retarded fantasy shit then why even have it in Hiroshima? Pro-tip:. Radiation sickness doesn't turn you into ghouls like fallout dumbass.
>>
>>377676590
>You usually won't see them simply have a rough guy in a nuclear wasteland fighting for his life because it's not the japanese way of tackling that subject.
There is Hokuto no Ken but it leans towards super martial arts.
>>
>>377676870
Was that drawn by the same guy who did Ork Stain?
>>
>>377677012
>I want the game to be completely the same, but in a new area
I'm fairly certain there are map mods for STALKER.
>>
>>377677012
There are a fuck load of mods that add new missions and areas to stalker. Stalker soup is a good one.
>>
>>377677051

Maybe because were talking why Japan doesnt make a game about the horrors of radiation mutation, since clearly Japan makes the best games. Why settle for western games?
>>
File: 002.jpg (2MB, 3840x2953px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
2MB, 3840x2953px
>>377677089
Yes
>>
>>377677051
This. Making the victims into just zombies sounds pretty lame considering how bleak the whole premise is.
>>
>>377677356

Then not zombies. Have the Japs be creative. They already know cool monster designs with bloodborne and resident evil, now put it in a nuclear fallout setting with gritty realism.
>>
>>377676928
Why would you kill people dying of radiations ? Why would you, as a japanese, kill imperial soldiers ?
>>377677085
Yeah, Hokuto no Ken is part of the wave of Japan exploring popular shit from western media. They took Star Wars and made Gundam, they took Mad Max and made Hokuto no Ken and M.D Geist.
>>
>>377677479
>instead of zombies, we get amorphous blobs of black goo with tentacles
>oh and dogs
Can't wait.
>>
File: stalker2-1600x900-c-default.jpg (249KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
stalker2-1600x900-c-default.jpg
249KB, 1600x900px
Roadside Picnic and the movie Stalker weren't about nuclear disaster. They were about the bizarre, shifting, hyper-real nature of late Soviet society. They expressed the idea of a world where nothing was as it seemed, rules could change and shift from moment to moment, nothing was fixed.

The video game Stalker was about a nuclear disaster because video games are garbage
>>
File: hausen.jpg (165KB, 586x829px) Image search: [Google]
hausen.jpg
165KB, 586x829px
>>377673046
Art by Keith Thompson
>>
File: RoadsidePicnic.jpg (99KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
RoadsidePicnic.jpg
99KB, 650x500px
Roadside Picnic is fantastic btw, and if any of you are functionally literate you should give it a read
>>
>>377677560

I dont know. Probably you are a special cleansing unit sent by IJA to cover up the results of the nuclear bombs so that the government can deny that the event even happened.

Then have something similar to Unit 731 who experiments on humans. Japan did some pretty brutal shit back then in the name of science.
>>
>>377677590
STALKER and the movie are completely, 100% unrelated.
STALKER and Roadside Picnic's only similarities are the anomalies, artifacts and the Zone, which isn't even the same area, there was no Zone in the Ukraine in the book.
This thread is also completely unrelated to the movie AND the book.
But it's good to know you have autism.
>>
File: 1473259983574.jpg (412KB, 1000x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1473259983574.jpg
412KB, 1000x1026px
>>377673482
Those are good games but in no way are they good Godzilla games. You can't look at gameplay of those and say that they're representative of what you see in Godzilla films.

The PS4 game is, but it isn't particularly fun.

City Shrouded in Shadow is the game that everyone should be looking forward to, if it didn't look like it fell off the face of the earth.
>>
>>377677809
>Unit 731 game

Yeah, a game about unnecessary surgery without anaesthesia, purposefully giving children infectious diseases and raping women would be so fun. Not to mention it would be making entertainment out of the worst war crimes ever committed.

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>377678016

Why? If worse things arent depicted on a slav game.

The purpose of games like stalker is to make you feel shit about society and the world in the first place. Seeing horrible people being horrible is the point.
>>
>>377677885
>City Shrouded in Shadow is the game that everyone should be looking forward to, if it didn't look like it fell off the face of the earth.
It's a neat idea, but I would much rather play a game as Godzilla and other kaiju then have to run from them.

Whatever accuracy flaws from the Pipeworks games there are are perfectly acceptable when it comes to making a videogame for the franchise.
>>
>>377678150
The difference is stalker is fantasy. Making entertainment out of something that effected real people is completely different. If you can't understand that then you lack all empathy and really shouldn't even be a part of society.
>>
>>377678016
>Not to mention it would be making entertainment out of the worst war crimes ever committed.

So?
>>
>>377678150
The purpose of video games is to be entertaining.
STALKER first and foremost is just an FPS in a bleak setting.
>>
>>377676681
>not wanting a qt waifu with a gasmask
>>
>>377678332
Go play hatred you autistic edgelord.
>>
>>377677809
Why would the IJA cover the results of an attack Japan suffered from ? That's stupid. And we never had a game showing nazi torture/experiments on people during the WW2 either, closest thing there is is the wacky satanical shit in Wolfenstein games.

I really just sounds like you're dumb and don't understand japanese culture.
>>
>>377672872
>Why haven't the Japs made a Nuclear disaster game like Stalker or Metro?
Japanese haven't figured out the way to turn everything into cute girls yet.
>>
>>377672872
it's weird that the one thing that irks them are nukes.

>inb4 you try getting nuked
>>
File: 0c4.png (89KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
0c4.png
89KB, 600x606px
>>377678593
>cute nuclear disaster-chan
>>
>>377678323
Maybe make it centered around the survivors affected by the tragedy instead of making them the enemy. Imo part of the appel of the idea is the sense of defeat and the death of the Japanese Empire in such setting, basing it around those who experience that and adding a bleak and horrific nuclear setting without turning it into just a zombie apocalypse or something like that.
>>
File: 1493189934842.jpg (636KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493189934842.jpg
636KB, 1024x768px
>>377678593
>>
>>377672872
they havent made a good fps yet so itll be a while
>>
>>377678323

Then just rename them but keep their diabolic actions. Stalker didnt exactly shy away from how bleak the soviet union was in the closing stages of the 20th century. I wish Japan in general would simply make games based on history instead of delving too much in romantizing the sengoku era and modern escapism. History has so much to offer.

A word war 2 game about a japanese civilian trying to halt the american onslaught would be fucking neat too. Seeing your homes go up in flames as you helplessly look up squadrons of bombers fly over you.
>>
>>377675250
>>It has japanese tropes
>Of course it does. It's a japanese games.

Metal Gear, Dark Souls, Dragons Dogma, erc.
>>
>>377678717
You're forgetting that more than half of Hiroshima was obliterated, so your setting is pretty much just a crater.
The difference between Chernobyl and Hiroshima and Nagasaki is that Chernobyl's infrastructure remained almost completely intact following the disaster, adding superbly to the setting.
Even Fukushima was damaged greatly by the tsunami.
>>
>>377678878
>those games aren't filled with japanese tropes
Metal Gear Solid alone is as anime as they come.
>>
>>377678509

Cover it up to downplay the might of the US. Maybe set it before the dropping of the second bomb. The top brass is still delusional and wont surrender despite Hiroshima being up in flames. So he orders a unit to investigate the blast area.

Whatever works. Im sure any writer can make a bullshit scenario just to make a plot out of this
>>
>>377678878
>dark souls
>lore is based around cycles and souls trapped within them
>theme of being unable to escape fate
>not japanese tropes

it's about as eastern as they come
>>
>>377678961
Yeah but the setting could take liberties like with stalker. You start out but near enough of Hiroshima to experience a big part of it's effects then you can make Hiroshima or Nagasaki more akin to a mix between Silent Hill and the zone while maintaining a tragic or bleak tone. It's a videogame after all so just like with Stalker not making it a 1:1 version of what it represents is an option.
>>
>>377679157

That was only in DaS2 and 3. In DaS1, there was no mention of cycles. It was a straight retelling of Norse Mythology, with Gwyn being Odin.
>>
>>377678878
>Metal Gear
Has mechas, people doing superhuman shit in anime fashion and fucking CYBORG NINJAS. It's also a highly pacifist game, a big thing in japanese media.
>Dark Souls
You mean Berserk : The Game ? It even has fair ladies and anime-like animations for some weapons and bosses. Heck, it even has a fucking trap and a boobie monster. And it's litterally about reincarnation.
Let's not even talk about Bloodborne's and DkS 3's beams.

They are less "weeby" because they are inspired by western media, but they are still full of weebshit anon. You just don't notice it because of the western setting.

>>377679105
Im sorry anon, but it's just completely retarded. Even a shitty writer would not touch your idea wih a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>377679371

Why whats so wrong about making a game about the losing side? It would make a for neat psychological thriller/action game.
>>
>>377679371
>wants japanase games
>complains about "weebshit"
Yeah sure people from another culture are doing it differently and have different sensibilties, how would you feel if someone was saying that Stalker is too slavshit and need to be -whatever-ified?
>>
What Im getting here so far is that Japan is too pussy to address the horrors of war.
>>
>>377679918

We almost had that with Steel Battalion for the 360, but they had to make it kinect shit.
>>
>>377679763
Where the fuck did anon complain about weebshit?
>>
>>377679297
You're wrong. That theme was already present in DkS 1, especially if you go speak to Kaath. The cycle of linking the fire was established in the first game.
>>377679735
Making a game about the losing side would be incredibly interesting, your way of tackling it is what is retarded. Absolutely wanting the IJA their fellow countrymen is as dumb as wanting a game about the Wehrmacht starting to slaughter german civilians at the end of WW2.
And Im someone who would LOVE a FPS where you fight as a soldier of the Wehrmacht in WW2.
>>377679763
Anon, that's my whole point. The anon I answered to gave those games as example of "westernified" japanese games. Because I told him that complaining about japanese tropes is dumb.
Im just showing him that these games are pretty fucking japanese too.

I completely agree with you that complaining about japanese games being weeby is stupid.

>>377679918
Most of the Gundam Saga, Grave of the Fireflies, Giovanni's Island and a fuckton of other pieces of japanese animation do just that. Nier, Drakengard, Metal Gear Solid, Armored Core, etc. are also games that do just that. You don't need to have a WW2 setting to show the horrors of wars. But I guess that's not direct enough for you.
>>
>>377673407
This guy has some nice designs
>>
>>377674736
>wants Japanese take on nuclear apocalypse
>it's too different from the western take so it's invalid
and that's why you'll just never get it
>>
File: gundam-0080-eyecatch-2.jpg (90KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-0080-eyecatch-2.jpg
90KB, 720x480px
>>377679918
>Japan is too pussy to address the horrors of war

But thats fucking wrong? There's tons of Japanese media addressing the horrors of war and humanity post nuclear exchange.
>>
>>377673120
already watched it
>>
>>377679918
Newer media perhaps, but there are plenty of Japanese stories that handle those subjects.
>>
>>377680378

But the wehrmacht or rather the waffen SS did? They hanged german people who were traitors and refused to take part of the volksturm to fight the Allies.

>You don't need to have a WW2 setting to show the horrors of wars. But I guess that's not direct enough for you.

You need to because it makes it even more personal. I dont care about a fictional world waging a fictional war. But if you put in dates and names of famous people, it changes all that. Ive yet to see a japanese game outside of mgs that deals with realistic battle fatigue and ptsd. MGSV was supposed to be this but alas it was such a jumbled mess.
>>
>>377680695
In the age of moeshit? Yeah right. Modern Japan is too delusional. Even Miyazaki hates it.
>>
>>377680378
I always think, that the last one battle where the German Wehrmacht and American forces teamed up at some castle and fought off the SS guard, would make a cool game.

>making you intentions clear to Americans that your tired, the Hitler's dead, you just want to go home
>SS want you to still fight as they are coming for you, under the excuse of treason
>making friends with Americans as you wait for allied reinforcements
>after the battle you struggle to clam as much land from the growing soviet threat.

>inb4 humanizing nazis reeee
>>
>>377680846
>I can't relate to people if they're not real
A literal (I mean literal in the literal, text-book definition of the word literal, pre-corruption by wiggers and illiterates) sign of autism.
>>
>Japanese post nuclear video game
>Humanity has been set back hundreds if not thousands of years but has stabilized. People are still struggling to survive the sins of the past

>American post nuclear video game
>LMAO NO LAWS WE CAN USE OUR GUNS ON WHOEVER WE WANT LOL
>>
>>377681039
>first quarter of the game is you killing allied forces
Take my money anon.
>>
>>377681041

Im sorry but I dont give a shit about orcs genociding anime elves.

Wheres my Japanese game about the rape of nanking and the MC struggles between his conscience and utter hatred for the Chinese.
>>
>>377681192
>every fictional war is orcs killing anime girls
Fiction ≠ fantasy
>>
>>377681263

Then retard dumbasses in stupid edgy fashion killing others wearing equally stupid clothing then.
>>
>>377675646
Police, Millitary and Yakuza can get guns, citizens can get rifles for skeet shooting.
>>
>>377681107

>implying that isnt what wont happen in a large scale crisis

Good for you to live in such an idyllic country with no riots and poverty anon.
>>
>>377681381
What was the last anime you've seen
>>
>>377678781
is this an actually translated game?
>>
>>377681502
>implying that isnt what wont happen in a large scale crisis

Nowhere in my post I was implying this you fucking retard
>>
>>377681381
All anime is fiction.
Not all fiction is anime.
>>
>>377673046
I thought it was Ludwig from Bloodborne desu.
>>
>>377681574

About with a war/post apoc setting? The Blame movie. Granted it was cool, but I wouldnt get emotionally invested in it in the same way as watching a russian or korean war movie.
>>
>>377681107
It goes back to fundamental truths each culture holds true.

To the Japanese, a massive failure like nuclear war and the world after, it's a matter of cultural introspection in the face of catastrophic failure. That's why a lot of that media is heavily philosophical.

In American games, post-nuclear settings are born from one simple deeply held belief: I hate that society doesn't let me do whatever I want. When it is gone, I will be free to do as I please.

Notice how in American games there's no effort at rebuilding society. Decades after things have stabilized, no one has even attempted restarting advanced society in Fallout for example.
>>
>>377681640

No, Im saying that in an event like a nuclear war, I bet my ass youll see society in hopeless disarray, with mass looting and killing for scraps of resources.
>>
>>377680846
Hum, wich western games actually deals with battle fatigue and PTSD ? Because only Spec Ops: The Line comes to mind.
Also some of the thing I listed do talk about WW2, like Grave of the Fireflies and Giovanni's Island.

And no, putting dates and name of famous people in it is the worst way of doing it. You need to be able to relate to the characters, that's the most important thing. It doesn't matter if they are from a fantasy or a real universe, what matter is that you can empathize with them. That's storywriting 101.

Also there is a huge difference between killing traitoirs and slaughtering a whole CITY just to cover up the effect of an ENNEMY bomb. SS and Imperial officers would never go at war against their own people, even if they are dicks, it goes completely against their ideology. That would only happen if their is some kind of insurrection, and then we're moving away from the subject of war.
If you can't understand that then you really are an idiot.

>>377681039
Yeah, that would be a really cool game. Fighting against nazis as a german and then having to defend against soviets in a desperate fight to protect Germany would be an amazing tragedy to put in video game form. Bonus point if you fight americans before allying with them.

Unfortunately it will never be made because Wehrmacht soldiers can't be normal people.
>>
>>377681950

Who ever said they were their own people at that point? They would be misshapen monsters after such a blast. You see this shit happen in a lot of fiction already.
>>
I'd love to see a series of games where each entry would be distinct look at each country's handling of a nuclear apocalypse. Due to the differing cultures, we'd get pretty different stories.

In the U.S. you'd get full on ethnic cleansing as tribalism takes hold now that national identity has no meaning any more.

In Africa you'd get people forced out of cities into the wilderness with lions, hyenas, hippos, etc...

In Asia you get stories of collectivist societies disintegrating because being a mindless consensus drone does not help in an apocalyptic situation

In Russia you'd get stories of the wealthy in military fortresses while organized crime extorts people for [blank].
>>
>>377681798

But the western one is true though. Dont tell me you didnt go around in Fallout killing anyone who you think wore a cool outfit because you wanted it.
>>
>>377682225
No, because I do plenty of killing in games. That shit is boring to me. The American one is true for American society because of a deeply held resentment of law, order, and respect.
>>
>>377682323

But Im not even American. Humanity in its core is lawless and wont hesitate to pillage and rape the moment the law ceases to exist.
>>
I feel like if you took out the fact that everything is robots, Casshern SINS has an amazing atmosphere for post-apocalyptic stuff. I should rewatch that.
>>
>>377682145
Before they were irradiated humans, now they're misshapen monsters.
Which doesn't happen with radiation.
It happens in Fallout because Fallout is deeply set in the future envisioned in the 50s, and the science to go with it.
>>
>>377681798
This, it's also very telling that the Japanese also have the peaceful post-apocalyptic setting. Where humanity has suffered from the apocalypse but is slowly rebuilding itself and everything is just nice and peaceful like in Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. In Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita it's even an opportunity to make absurd humour at humanity's expenses.
>>
>>377672872

because they dont like to think aubot it
>>
>>377682547
There's also things like Utawarerumono, where they brought civilization back from nothing after a complete wipe. Albeit with a lot more animal ears.
>>
File: 4823518114_1f1a8ac35d_b.jpg (223KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
4823518114_1f1a8ac35d_b.jpg
223KB, 1024x682px
>>377682538

This is a victim of the nuclear blast. Are you telling me you wouldnt think of shooting at this? The japs even had a term for these explosion affected people.
>>
>>377682828
>would you shoot a burn victim who's also melting from the inside due to radiation
Probably to put them out of their misery.
But they wouldn't make a compelling enemy in a video game.
>>
>>377682828
That's a human deformed by nuclear radiation not some kind of cool monster to shoot at. As the other anon said the reason why people might want to shot him is very different to why people would shoot a nuclear zombie trying to eat you.
>>
>>377677759
I was gonna read it, but I accidentally saw the last page of the intro, which spoils the book.
>>
>>377681798
>Notice how in American games there's no effort at rebuilding society. Decades after things have stabilized, no one has even attempted restarting advanced society in Fallout for example.
What? All Fallout games have attempts at rebooting society, even 3 and 4.
>>
the same reason why Germans don't make rollercoaster tycoon like games about building and managing concentration camps
>>
>>377682828
>>377682940
I remember hearing a radio story from a book of people's experiences with Chernobyl. One woman's husband was irradiated terribly, to the point where it was deemed too dangerous to be near him for long. He was dying in a hospital slowly, painfully. She just pretended that nothing was out of the ordinary because she didn't want to treat him like a dangerous animal like the staff was. She still held his hand in his last breathes despite the staff trying to stop her.

i don't want to experience this in video game form or any form
>>
>>377672872
>Why haven't the Japs made a Nuclear disaster game like Stalker or Metro?

Why don't the Americans make a terrorist disaster game where we get to fly planes into buildings? Or ones where we need to survive one of your many, many race riots?
>>
File: 1371985664897.jpg (2MB, 5000x3737px) Image search: [Google]
1371985664897.jpg
2MB, 5000x3737px
>>377681634
AFAIK it was an /evn/ project around 4 years ago but I'm not sure if it was ever completed.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.