[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't the enemies react to being shot? No flinching,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 30

File: Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (47KB, 325x462px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg
47KB, 325x462px
Why don't the enemies react to being shot? No flinching, no visible blood splatter, no hitmarker, nothing. You can't tell if you shot accurately or not, making a lot of guns feel like bullet sponge.
>>
File: aiming in stalker.jpg (67KB, 758x1000px) Image search: [Google]
aiming in stalker.jpg
67KB, 758x1000px
>>377671392
They do though, quite clearly most of the time.

Either you're not hitting because you aim sucks & you fail to realize that STALKER games have real bullet physics instead of hit-scan guns, OR your hits are not strong enough to penetrate their armor. Yes, even that stuff is coded in the game; pistol rounds & buckshot have pretty shit reach AND armor penetration, which is why you better go for the head or other exposed parts.

Better get a rifle + AP rounds + scope, ASAP. You'll instantly turn into a demi-god of the Zone with those.
>>
There is blood spatter and they do flinch
>>
/v/ recommend me some games like STALKER, E.Y.E., and fear.

aka single player fpses that are good
>>
>>377671392

It just depends on the gun you are using. Shitty guns don't cause flinching. Every gun you can get in Cordon and Garbage is complete shit, excepting for the sawn off.
>>
>>377671392
>No flinching,
they flinch and wobble around like crazy, if your bullets connect that is. And they scream in pain too.
>no visible blood splatter,
there is. And blood marks too.
>no hitmarker,
casual console trash.
>>
>>377671392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDrSKsepYRg

Why didn't the reporter react to getting shot? No flinching, no visible bloodsplatter, no hitmarker, nothing.

She died by the way.
>>
>>377671392
are you fucking blind m8? I just started playing this for the first time and I see them react to being hit all the time, its the dog who are immortal
>>
>>377671767
The MP5 is accurate as fuck and good for headshots
>>
>>377671618
>Either you're not hitting because you aim sucks & you fail to realize that STALKER games have real bullet physics instead of hit-scan guns, OR your hits are not strong enough to penetrate their armor. Yes, even that stuff is coded in the game; pistol rounds & buckshot have pretty shit reach AND armor penetration, which is why you better go for the head or other exposed parts.

Or the gun is just completely inaccurate. I noticed this with a scoped, automatic rifle. Looking down the scope and shooting at long range, the first round is accurate. But then if you fire more rounds downrange, you can see them go all over the place. Lowering the rifle and then bringing it back up again makes the first shot accurate again.

It's a really bad design.
>>
>>377671830
>its the dog who are immortal
Why would you ever fight the dogs?
And again: go for the head, or use shotguns.

>>377671767
All guns cause flinching. It's more about where you hit & what the enemy's wearing. A guy in an Exosuit is obviously going to shrug off 9x18 hollow points like a tank.
>>
>>377671797
what mod is this
>>
File: Those tiles! SoC Vanilla.jpg (249KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Those tiles! SoC Vanilla.jpg
249KB, 1600x1200px
>>377672140
100% vanilla. Same with >>377672128
>>
>>377672140
just looks like the starter pack with shaders and texture updates
>>
>>377671636
Only textures on surfaces like walls and floor. You don't see blood spurting out.

>>377671618
>>377671767
>>377671797
>>377671830
That's stagger dumbasses, and no, that doesn't help you tell if ALL your shots were accurate. Good flinching is like in Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Every bullet that hits trigger a visual feedback.

And yes, the mutants are even worse.
>>
>>377672140

can tell it's vanilla because it still has the retarded goddamn gun ejection ports on the wrong side fuck
>>
>>377671742
far cry 2
>>
>>377672304

so play something else, you're too retarded for this anyway
>>
>>377672304
>You don't see blood spurting out.
You do though. It's a small splurt, but it's still noticeable up close. Shotguns can make nice clouds of red goo fly off you and enemies.
>>
>>377672380
i want something more out there, i'll take a look though, thanks.
>>
File: BLOOD - get off my train.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BLOOD - get off my train.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>377671742
>single player fpses that are good
-Doom 1, 2 and 64
-Duke Nukem 3D
-BLOOD
-Shadow Warrior 3D
-Half-Life series
-Far Cry 1
-Crysis 1
-Quake 1, 2 and 4
-Serious Sam 3: BFE (+ TFE & TSE)
-Soldier Of Fortune 1 & 2
>>
>>377672128
>A guy in an Exosuit is obviously going to shrug off 9x18 hollow points like a tank.
A 9x18 bullet that hits an exosuit should make a ping sound effect, create a spark, or whatever to compensate the lack of effect. Because otherwise it would be floaty as fuck.

>>377672409
>ur just retarted lol

>>377672497
>up close
Well this is a game with a focus on medium to high range shooting. I barely see anything.
>>
>>377672327
GOTTA LET THE PLAYERS SEE THE BRASS FLYING AT THEIR FACE
>>
>>377671742
Even Fallout 4's gunplay has better visual feedback than Stalker.

>>377672634
The only games in this list that did gunplay right are Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2.
>>
>>377672850
dont want gunplay I want atmosphere
>>
>>377672773
At this point you're asking why a 10 year old game made by slavs with barely any budget that captured our hearts isn't better than a game made today with a budget in the hundreds of millions made by the top programmers in the world.

It just isn't that good. Accept it as it is or fuck off back to CoD.
>>
>>377672773
>A 9x18 bullet that hits an exosuit should make a ping sound effect, create a spark, or whatever to compensate the lack of effect. Because otherwise it would be floaty as fuck.
you're forgetting that it's a 2007 slavic game, that's running on even older engine. Just give it a slac and learn to compensate.

>I barely see anything.
up your resolution, and double-tap.
>>
>>377672773

>create a spark
Lead and copper do not spark.
>make a ping sound effec
Ceramic plates do not ping.
>ur just retarted lol
You are though. You should just stick to games with auto-aim, hitsplats, maybe even hit confirmation in the subtitles for your blind deaf and dumb ass.
>>
>>377672952
It isn't that big of an issue to handle, those devs were just clueless.
>>
>>377673085
Why? Because you said so on 4chan?

Alright go tell them how simple it is to make an array for every armor object and bullet to satisfy your autism. Wait, you don't know how to code. You don't know shit except you don't like things.

Which is fine. But acting like a developer from 15 years ago is going to cater to your demands today is delusional.
>>
>>377673008
>Lead and copper do not spark.
That's like saying medkits don't heal a person completely in an eyeblink.

>Ceramic plates do not ping.
Why do hydraulic powered armors need ceramic to begin with? Make it titanium or some shit, that's retarded.

>auto-aim, hitsplats, maybe even hit confirmation in the subtitles
Scarface on Xbox was a great game, that's for sure.
>>
>>377673352
I know how to code. I always put hitmarker in my game maker shooter games. Hitmarker is like the simplest shit in shooter games.
>>
>>377673398
>this ONE unrealistic thing happens, so this OTHER should too!
derp
>Why do hydraulic powered armors need ceramic to begin with?
because it's lighter, easier to obtain / manufacture than titanium, and generally just better?
>>
>>377673561

So you make bad games and think other games should be bad.
>>
>>377673561
>Hitmarker is like the simplest shit in shooter games.
You are part of the biggest modern cancer. Drink bleach.
>>
>>377673561
I want proof of coding, if you show me I'll side with you. if you can't then I wont side with you.
>>
>>377673561
Just because its simple doesn't mean its good.
If STALKER had hitmarkers, it'd be ruined
>>
>>377672850
no
>>
>>377673629
>this ONE unrealistic thing happens, so this OTHER should too!
If it's necessary in order to deliver a responsive and cohesive gameplay, why the hell not?

>lighter
Powered armors don't need to be light.

>easier to obtain / manufacture than titanium
This is fucking elite armor, I don't want cheap shit.

>generally just better?
Alloy titanium and steel are more resistant to damage. For example, AR500/550.
>>
>>377672034

For fucks sake, it is the same stupid discussion every time. You can hit just fine in this game and I never ran into trouble killing anything. If you can not aim for shit, you are a filthy casual and stop trying to convince people who played this game for years that the game is responsible for you shortcommings. It has its flaws certainly, but your complaints trace back completely to your inabillity to adapt.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (88KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
88KB, 996x600px
>>377673820
I don't that, but here's something to prove myself.

>>377673904
No.
>>
Theres flinching and a visible blood splatter, they dont do it mid animation though. Also the gun damage is so high that it doesnt really matter since you will be killing everyone in a few shots. STALKER doesnt have the best game feel but its not a huge deal.
>>
>>377672634
The only good games on this list in Doom, Half life and perhaps SoF.

But then again, you are that
>ONLY OLD GEMES R GUD
guy
>>
>>377674181
Yes.
Games like STALKER are mean't to have a hint of realism to the gunplay, adding hitmarkers totally ruins the immersion of the game.
Games even as casual as Far Cry 4 don't have hitmarkers. The only place they belong is arcade-y shooters
>>
>>377673693
Hitmarker exists to compensate poor animation. I'm suggesting this to stalker devs because apparently they have no resource for response animations.

>>377674087
>trouble killing anything
No, but it's not satisfying to kill anything this way.
>>
>>377674012
>If it's necessary in order to deliver a responsive and cohesive gameplay, why the hell not?
Visual clues can help gameplay, but they do not dictate it. In general, if the enemy is not going down, you're doing something wrong / not doing it enough.

>Powered armors don't need to be light.
Yes, they do. Basic engineering & physics 101. More weight = more energy required to do jack shit + higher risk of damage on joints and shit.

>This is fucking elite armor
it's not. Some of the armor's literally built on-site from scraps.

>Alloy titanium and steel are more resistant to damage
Titanium is rare as fuck, and thus expensive. Also weaker than proper steel.
Steel is a lot heavier, and manufacturing high level steel is tricky and expensive as well.

There's a reason soldiers don't wear steel plates any more: ceramics are lighter, and absorb the hits.
>>
>>377674341
Its satisfying mechanically because its demanding. Predicting movement and compensating for bullet drop at long distances is very enjoyable and you can become very consistent at it. It doesnt look and sound as good as it could but thats not all there is to gameplay.
>>
>>377674181

Hitmarkers are for a solute morons who need a pat on the head for every action. Stalker is not like that, it is an unforgiving experience and most of the time encounters with enemies will be not much more than a waste of ammo and medpacks. This game is not for you, so please just fuck off and play cod or some shit.
>>
>>377674332
If they could make the response animations look like GTA IV, it would be fine not to add hitmarkers. But at this state, it's miserable. Enemies die faster in Far Cry 4, and they have subtle flinching.
>>
>>377672128
>Why would you ever fight the dogs?
there are literally missions that require you to clear an area of dogs.
>>
File: XR_3DA 2017-05-22 15-55-30-001.jpg (949KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XR_3DA 2017-05-22 15-55-30-001.jpg
949KB, 1920x1080px
2007 how did they do it?
>>
>>377674652
STALKER enemies enter a flinching state when shot, its not even just an animation its an entire state which prevents them from moving or shooting.
>>
>>377674341

>No, but it's not satisfying to kill anything this way

The fact that I just won a duel against some exo-skeleton wearing guy with a pimped out assault rifle only using my sawed-off and mobillity is pretty satisfying desu. I do not need shit flashing all over my screen and the enemy screaming and exploding into bloody dust to comfirm that he is dead.
Like I said, some people need more from their games than the game telling you that you are a good boi by visiually overrepresenting your actions. Some people actually play games for a challenge and are satisfied by overcomming them.
>>
>>377674363
>if the enemy is not going down, you're doing something wrong / not doing it enough
They go down eventually, but not satisfying.

>More weight = more energy required to do jack shit + higher risk of damage on joints and shit.
The weight difference between metal and ceramic isn't that much.

>There's a reason soldiers don't wear steel plates any more
Yes, because they don't use exoskeleton.

>>377674578
>Predicting movement and compensating for bullet drop at long distances is very enjoyable
Those have nothing to do with hit response.

>>377674638
>unforgiving
More like unresponsive.

>waste of ammo and medpacks
I play on master and I stash like 3000 ammo and 100 medkits in the bar.
>>
>>377674087
>For fucks sake, it is the same stupid discussion every time. You can hit just fine in this game and I never ran into trouble killing anything.

There is nothing in that post that was incorrect.

You have to lower the scope and then shoulder the rifle again after the first shot. Otherwise the subsequent rounds are wildly inaccurate compared to the first.

It's like the first shot is accurate to within 2 minute of arc and then the second one lands two feet to the left at 60 yards. This is taking single shots and taking time to aim. Lowering the rifle and then bringing it back up resets the accuracy for the first shot. This is with the IL-86, with an optic.

The rifle is supposed to be inaccurate in bursts, but the way they made that happen is retarded and ends up making no sense since it fucks over the semi-automatic fire.
>>
>>377674332
>are mean't
>>
>>377674787

Slav magic.
>>
>>377674787
>2005 how did they do it?
the answer to both: DirectX9 + not designing for consoles.
>>
>>377671392
>react to being shot? No flinching, no visible blood splatter, no hitmarker, nothing. You can't tell if you shot accurately or not, making a lot of guns feel like bullet sponge.
WOT KOT ?
>>
>>377674907
That's called stagger. Flinching is short and subtler, more like a kickback.

>>377674974
Oh yeah, some people don't mind mediocrity because "muh challenge".
>>
File: SoC popping heads sniper.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
SoC popping heads sniper.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>377674990
>They go down eventually, but not satisfying.
if they don't go down instantly, (You) are doing it wrong.

>The weight difference between metal and ceramic isn't that much.
Such ignorance and understatement.
An NIJ Level 3 kevlar plates can weight mere 1.5 kilograms, while same level steel plates weight around 4.

>Yes, because they don't use exoskeleton.
They ARE starting to use them, and steel is not part of their default accessories.
Heck, we've already stopped using that shit in our tanks and armored vehicles.
>>
>>377674990
>Those have nothing to do with hit response.
Yeah that's my point, hit reactions are just a part of how satisfying something feels and hyperfocusing on it is pretty autistic. You sound like some newbie who just discovered the concept of game feel.
>>
>>377675041

I genuinely do not know what the fuck you are talking about, this whole thing about having to lower your scope sounds like absolute bullshit to me and I have hundreds of hours across the whole trilogy with mods and without.
I will give you first shot accuracy for the IL-86, but you went out of the way to pick exactly the gun that explicitly states in the description that its first-shot accuracy is its main advantage and that you should use it to fire single shots.
>>
File: 1441033296467.gif (2MB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1441033296467.gif
2MB, 210x240px
I want to get into this series, any tips on recommended mods/fixes for the game or which STALKER to start with?
>>
>>377675375
>playing for the first time
>even thinking about using mods

kys yourself
>>
File: 1394912937579.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1394912937579.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>377675123
TFW we will never get another good FPS because everything has to be a port from consoles, otherwise the companies wont earn money. so we will just have to play stalker over, and over again.
>>
>>377675268
The "stagger" varies depending on the area hit or damage, it can be a very short flinch that fucks with their aim. Play the game.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>377675375
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
Avoid unnecessary risks.
>>
>>377675269
>if they don't go down instantly, (You) are doing it wrong.
I know headshots. I mean I have no trouble killing them.

>An NIJ Level 3 kevlar plates can weight mere 1.5 kilograms, while same level steel plates weight around 4.
Exos can carry 60+ kilos with no problem these days.

>steel is not part of their default accessories
Yet. Because soldiers these days focus on mobility and the military is still incapable of building practical powered armor.
>>
File: SS3 BFE Options menus.jpg (809KB, 810x3500px) Image search: [Google]
SS3 BFE Options menus.jpg
809KB, 810x3500px
>>377675451
Serious Sam 3 was damn great, and originally PC-only. And boy, is it a lovely PC game at that!

>16p co-op
>4 player SPLIT SCREEN co-op
>gigantic Options Menus, in plural
>gorgeous visuals, superb performance
>1234 enemies on screen at once + limited environmental destruction & gibbing
>did I mention this was meant to be THE Doom 4, until Bethesda denied Croteam the use of the Doom IP?
>>
>>377675269
I am not the anon you are arguing with. I was just interested in seeing the source of the claim that we've stopped using steel in our tanks. (if you are only talking about steel as armor, then I apologize for what might have seemed like a strawman)
>>
>>377675268

Really elaborate critique on my post there. No honestly, just kys, you are not made for this game and nobody forces you to play it. Nobody here gives a fuck about your autistic need for overblown responses to your input, because otherwise your retarded ass wont notice.
There are so many games which will give what you want, go play them.
>>
>>377675320
>just a part of how satisfying something feels and hyperfocusing on it is pretty autistic
I think you're the autistic for focusing on challenge instead of having fun.

>>377675459
I've played stalker since forever. They don't cancel the flinching and go into another flinch animation when hit again. Therefore, it's stagger. Play Medal of Honor, that's how flinching looks like.
>>
>>377675607
>Exos can carry 60+ kilos with no problem these days.
The user itself can weight anything between 70-100 kilos. Those steel plates would add 20 kilos instantly, AND bend the mechanisms.

>Because soldiers these days focus on mobility
and superior armor performance.
Modern kevlar panels and plates are lighter AND stronger than steel.

>>377675684
>if you are only talking about steel as armor, then I apologize for what might have seemed like a strawman
yes, I did. Modern tank armor is a layered sandwich of ceramics, various metals, and even depleted uranium in case of Abrams.
>>
>>377675723
>There are so many games which will give what you want, go play them.
No, they suck. No inventory management and shit.
>>
>>377675824

Overcomming challenges IS having fun for people who are not autistic manchildren without any achievements to their name.
>>
File: 1453278577324.jpg (149KB, 800x745px) Image search: [Google]
1453278577324.jpg
149KB, 800x745px
>>377675560

Thank you, senpai.
>>
>>377675824
So now your objection is simply them not cancelling the animation when getting hit in quick succession not even its absence. In a game where you pop off a couplw of shots and observe most of the time. Cmon, how is that not autistic.
>>
File: send help.webm (2MB, 940x560px) Image search: [Google]
send help.webm
2MB, 940x560px
>>
>>377675840
>The user itself can weight anything between 70-100 kilos
Plus the user. Sarcos exos can lift 90 kilos.

>stronger than steel
watch AR500/550 tests.
>>
>>377675926
>achievements
What does that to do with this discussion?

>>377676080
I'm talking about the absence of flinching, not stagger. Also, those staggers often happen randomly, unless for headshots and footshots.
>>
>>377675824
>I think you're the autistic for focusing on challenge instead of having fun.
It's a slavic game. The challenge is the fun. Wait til you discover Arma and for some reason get addicted. Enemies don't react at all to getting shot they either die or don't. Enemies have pinpoint accuracy or can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn, with no real reason for the disparity and no way to discern it. Enemies are also either blind and retarded or super-soldiers with fear-seaking vision that will spot you from three miles away, will hunt you and your asshole mercilessly, pin you in a building, and then have their tank blow it the fuck up while you're cowering inside bleeding and broken, then rape your corpse while you wait for the game to reload your last save.

And then you get to listen to some asshole who clearly has never spoken English in his life read his speech from a script horribly because your last save was corrupted and you have to go back further and do the briefing again, and again, and again.

And it's still fun, I think.

>>377676316
>talking about the absence of flinching, not stagger
just shut up
>>
>>377676525
>Wait til you discover Arma and for some reason get addicted.
No, ARMA is shit. Even Joint Ops from 2004 has more responsive gunplay.

>just shut up
gg
>>
>>377676136
>watch AR500/550 tests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0gxeSpjdSk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jET4I6oySsw
here is the US's standard ammo since going straight through AR500 plates friend

>>377676742

there is no other response to autism like "I'm not talking about stagger, but flinching" and the other nonsense you keep spouting.
>>
>>377676316
Unless you define flinching specifically as an animation that can get cancelled by another flinch, there is flinching in the game. There's the stagger which prevents enemies from doing anything but there's also minor flinching enemies do while still walking around and being able to shoot. More importantly though is this really a big deal? No one's claiming STALKER's guns feel amazing to shoot.
>>
How do you struggle to get bursts off on people?

Are you that bad at FPS?
>>
>>377676118
multiplayer?
>>
>>377676816
You see the header post. NO FLINCHING.

>here is the US's standard ammo since going straight through AR500 plates
>green tip

>>377676924
>Unless you define flinching specifically as an animation that can get cancelled by another flinch
That's literally what flinching means.

>minor flinching enemies do while still walking around and being able to shoot
Needs photographic evidence.

>No one's claiming STALKER's guns feel amazing to shoot.
lotsa people do

>>377676981
>don't like it
>ur just bad lol
>>
>>377677397

>You see the header post.
Yeah, sorry m8, but you said why don't they react to being shot. They do. Why don't they have blood spray? They do.

Well why isn't the game a casual mess catered to you? Because you're trash and there's already a multibillion industry of games catering to you. Dig them out of the garbage.
>>
OP just made this thread because someone said Stalker is better than TLoU in another thread. He was literally BTFO and left assblasted. The thread should still be alive
>>
>>377676118
What has changed with that ingame IRC chat that was made? I dropped it pretty much instantly because it was filled with ooc poo poo
>>
I just started playing Clear Sky on veteran and nothing's dying. I'm pretty sure that It isn't my accuracy because even if I crouch, stay still, and tap fire at a moderate distance the enemies don't die. Are my guns trash or are they bullet sponges?
>>
>>377677632

they're pretty bulletspongy. But it depends on your gun. If you're using a pistol or shotgun and they have body armor, it's gonna take a while. Rifles should do the job in a burst.
>>
File: 1490238456144.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490238456144.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377676996
A few months ago some anon from the stalker general made a chat mod allowing people to connect to a server and chat with fellow stalkers online. Also whenever people died it would send out a message to everyone on the server about it. It was pretty fun until some random from moddb decided to spam it to hell.
>>
File: 1490255508245.jpg (43KB, 1099x222px) Image search: [Google]
1490255508245.jpg
43KB, 1099x222px
>>377677935
>>
>>377677538
>but you said why don't they react to being shot
It's true that they don't react when being staggered, the stagger animation can't be stopped unless they die.

>Why don't they have blood spray?
VISIBLE blood spray. I know they do, but most of the time it's too hard to see, or sometimes inexistent. CoP kinda fixed it though. Kinda.

>>377677612
No. Prove it.
>>
>>377677397
Where are you getting your definition from? Flinching's just a relatively minor reaction to pain that doesn't prevent enemies from acting like a stagger would, I have no idea where you get the cancelling idea from. I can't be bothered recording a webm but if you've played stalker for a decent bit you should probably remember an animation where the stalkers pull their head back as a reaction to getting shot without actually stopping
>>
>>377671742
Boiling Point
>>
>>377678051

>VISIBLE blood spray
So, it has blood spray, but you can't see it? because I can see it. Everyone else seems to be able to see it, and the flinching.

I think the problem is you're fucking blind.
>>
File: XR_3DA 2017-05-22 17-22-40-293.jpg (912KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XR_3DA 2017-05-22 17-22-40-293.jpg
912KB, 1920x1080px
>>377677632
the guns are shit in the swamps, don't expect to kill fast/
>>
>>377678051
>Why don't the enemies react to being shot? No flinching, no visible blood splatter, no hitmarker, nothing.
>Several people explain how staggers and normal flinches work, and post examples of visible blood splatter
>No no flinching isn't flinching unless it is a flinch animation that can interrupt a stagger and flinching animation

I feel like you're just fucking with us but you also seem really into this.
>>
How can I add extra weapons to STALKER without installing any mods?
>>
>>377678615

>how can I mod the game without modding the game
between you and OP, my blood pressure is rapidly rising
>>
File: 1202220901006.jpg (1MB, 1524x2166px) Image search: [Google]
1202220901006.jpg
1MB, 1524x2166px
i'm so bad at inventory management i made this m3m3. enjoy
>>
File: 1487209556015.png (200KB, 960x730px) Image search: [Google]
1487209556015.png
200KB, 960x730px
>>377678615
>>
>>377678768
>5 bandages
>5 kits
>5 foods
>1 rifle
>100 ammo
>5 medicine

how hard is it anon
>>
>>377678071
>make a quick, nervous movement of the face or body as an instinctive reaction to surprise, fear or pain
>synonyms: recoil, shrink, flinch, wince, blench, quail

>I have no idea where you get the cancelling idea from
Because if it lasts more than a second, it won't look like a quick, instantaneous reaction of jerking, shuddering, or recoiling.

>>377678349
>>377678480
You keep spewing the same arguments that I have refuted since the beginning of the thread.
>>
>>377678856
but anon I need to carry 3 different guns and 500 rounds for each of them or else I'll be unprepared
>>
>>377678720
>>377678831
Don't you two autists have to attend some dolphin therapy meeting or something?
>>
>>377678856

>no vodka
нe тoвapищ

>>377679042

that's on tuesday
>>
>>377675560
after 72 hours of play time, 2 different fanmade bug patches, and literally hundreds of save files to go back to when things break, I FINALLY completed the Freedom v. Duty faction war in Clear Sky
>>
>>377678051
it's okay to like TLoU, but you really shouldn't go this far
>>
>>377678951
That's a very poorly elaborated limit (realistically people can flinch in ways that take longer than 1 second, especially when they're recovering), and it says nothing about them being cancellable. STALKER's quickest flinching isn't much more than a second either, most of that time is taken up by the recovery. It's also clearly not a stagger because it doesn't stop movement, so if it's not a flinch or a stagger what exactly are you going to classify it as?
>>
>>377678951
Again, NPCs flinch when shot. They can also enter a stagger state when they take a lot of damage at once, these are different states, and while it can be a little weird looking that an enemy is locked in a long stagger animation while being actively shot, that doesn't take away that there are flinch animations.

https://youtu.be/B0qXOAPcLyk?t=200 - here is an example that you'll probably have to slow it down and turn the resolution up to see. The first Monolith he shoots there flinches a tiny bit, causing his gun to rise up, and then he dodges out of the way. The second Monolith man he shoots flinches from the first shot, then is immediately staggered by the second shot, canceling the animation of the first shot's flinch - but then locking him in place.

And this video also shows a blood splatter from the first Monolith shot. It is minor, and something you probably wouldn't notice in the heat of battle, but then let's consider real life, do people usually spit out giant clouds of blood when they're shot?
>>
File: eggs and bacon.jpg (2MB, 2200x1592px) Image search: [Google]
eggs and bacon.jpg
2MB, 2200x1592px
>>377677935
>>377678017
That's pretty cool. In my research to find a multiplayer mod I found the Ray of Hope:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0Smkm6-8w
>>
This guy covers my points real nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bACfsnXN3Hg
>you will characters take the hit, fall, stumble, react to their environments, etc...

>>377679437
>That's a very poorly elaborated limit (realistically people can flinch in ways that take longer than 1 second, especially when they're recovering), and it says nothing about them being cancellable.
Look, flinching has to be instantaneous, consistent, and make the enemy's movement look jerky. Just try shooting someone in any Medal of Honor game.

>It's also clearly not a stagger because it doesn't stop movement
It does.
>>
>>377671836
>The MP5 is accurate as fuck
Hahaha no.

>>377672952
Fucking Half-Life 1 had an effect where hitting "metal" parts of enemies (like agrunts) made sparks. Far Cry 1 had that, and Far Cry 1 had dynamic flinching and bullet holes which made shooting dudes feel satisfying even though they were quite damn bullet-spongy. Stop making fucking excuses.
>>
>>377679730
It doesn't, as the video the other anon posted clearly demonstrates. If you're going to argue that the flinching isn't noticable enough fine that's your opinion but you can't deny that the game has flinching based on some very arbitrary unclear standards, all while not even providing any alternative for what it could be called because again, it's not a stagger.
>>
>>377679953
That was only with hgrunts that wore helmets. And it's funny, because Half-Life didn't have enemies flinch upon getting punctured with bullets. Nor do they stagger, as in Stalker.
>>
im about to start my first playthrough of SOC
master difficulty right?
>>
>>377680268
Right. It increases the damage both ways, making gunplay super satisfying.

The beginning is HARD. Don't sweat it.
>>
>>377679730
Also you bring up MoH but the flinching there takes ages to recover from and enemies are immobile until they do, that's far closer to a stagger than most of the reactions in STALKER.
>>
>>377675678
SS3 opens really strong but toward the midway point in the game when you get the cannonball gun it becomes incredibly boring. Shooting 4 waves of 200 kleers isn't fun.
>>
File: 1494415391095.jpg (225KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494415391095.jpg
225KB, 682x600px
>>377680410
>The beginning is HARD
>>
>>377675367
Are you talking about a completely unmodded version of the game? I concur with the anons that replied to you. The first bullet is always accurate while all the subsequent shots vary wildly in their accuracy.
>>
>>377679437
>>377679534
>>377680129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOEWHqqakmA
Skip to 7:28, that's what a responsive flinching animation looks like.

>And this video also shows a blood splatter from the first Monolith shot
I do agree that CoP fixed the blood puff and make the staggering a bit more consistent, but still no flinching.
>>
>>377680425
Instantaneous means the animation will be triggered immediately after a bullet impact, then gets cancelled and switched into another flinch animation upon the next bullet impact, and so on.
>>
>>377680554
Hey buddy: >>377680216
>>
I love stalker.
>>
>>377680705
The half life guy wasn't me. I'm the MoH guy. Half Life has shit gunplay and I'm not gonna defend it.
>>
>>377680693
So now cancelling is literally the only thing that defines a flinch as opposed to a stagger? Getting more bizarre and autistic by the post.
>>
>>377678856
>not carrying 50 medkits and 5 different guns with 400 rounds for each one and just eating food as soon as you find it
>>
>>377680945
No, but if the stagger lasts too long, then it needs to be cancelled, because the animation has to be triggered right upon impact.
>>
File: oneway.png (269KB, 392x572px) Image search: [Google]
oneway.png
269KB, 392x572px
>>377680554
So what you're looking for is staggering, a state in which the enemy is stunned by your gunshot and can't do anything, but you want the staggering to jerkily refresh itself every time the enemy gets shot.

Flinching, a state in which they react to a shot with an involuntary quick motion but are still able to move freely (if not aim freely) was demonstrated in the video I posted, as well as staggering. The only thing your video demonstrated that STALKER does not do is consecutive stagger animations, which is maybe not the best?

So I guess I'll suggest to you what others already have: go play a game that does over exaggerate this shit, or has hit markers like you seem to want?
>>
>>377681036
>not finishing SoC with the STALKER suit and an AKSU with 6 rounds left in the magazine and 1 bandage.
>>
>>377680898
Me too
>>
>>377681080
What you define as "stagger" in stalker is a set of animations that range from being a second long and not interrupting movement at all to long animations that render enemies helpless. The latter feels janky without cancelling yes, the former doesn't really need it because it's already fast (because it's flinching).
>>
>>377671392
I never get this mindset. I know it's realistic and makes game look more intricate, but mobs have a very finite lifetime in which they can hurt the player, so why waste it on stun animations?
>>
>>377671742
I know who this man has been watching
>>
>>377679534
>gggmanlives stalker review
Keep that trash out of this thread holy fuck. He's the most retarded person to review the series next to DWTerminator
>>
>>377681978
I mean, if you do like I suggested and slow it down to watch the 3 second period I specifically linked to, it disables audio. That was just the first video I found that happened to showcase what I was looking for handily.

I legit don't even know who that is.
>>
>>377679543
woah, slavs don't fuck around, I want this
>>
>>377679543
I wish this was a thing already.
>>
>>377677935
>>377678017
This is really fantastic. Is it still a thing?
>>
>>377683319
And does it work with differing mods?
>>
>>377671392
you must play on hardest difficulty, otherwise everyone is a bullet sponge, both you and the enemies
>>
File: weapon accuracy.jpg (153KB, 1400x900px) Image search: [Google]
weapon accuracy.jpg
153KB, 1400x900px
>>377671618
>STALKER games have real bullet physics
If only
>>
>>377680216
>That was only with hgrunts that wore helmets
Not true, it worked for alien grunts who had a bunch of metal-looking armour textures which actually do stop quite a bit of bullet damage, the problem being that you probably aren't shooting them with bullets, and if you do you do it with the Magnum and aim for the head.

I'm pretty sure enemies do flinch occasionally, but it seems to be random (?). I wouldn't say HL1 has the best enemy reactions, but it's 9 years older than fucking Stalker.

>>377680410
Playing on Master makes player character do slightly less damage.
>>
>>377685875
Oh wait you're right about the alien grunts, totally forgot. But I do know for certain enemies don't flinch.
>>
Why is it that duty members at the gate can survive multiple pointblank shotgun shots to the chest?
>>
>>377686261
Hm, maybe you're right. They do have bright red blood splatter sprites to confirm that yes, you're hitting them, and IIRC they grunt in pain?

I love the helmet detail, though. On Hard it actually matters, you need to aim below it to get the Magnum one-shot. Pretty cool to see something like that in 1998.
>>
>>377677935
>Someone reposted my screenshot

Feels weird.
>>
>>377675451
b-but Nu-Doom...
>>
>>377686929
Are NuDoom and nuPrey the only PC oriented modern AAA games?
>>
File: 1465023778782.jpg (100KB, 632x493px) Image search: [Google]
1465023778782.jpg
100KB, 632x493px
Monolith did nothing wrong
>>
>>377686738
Because they are wearing armor and buckshot is trash against armor. use flechettes, shoot them in the head, or get a rifle and save your shitgun for killing mutants.
>>
>not sneaking around with a silenced pistol and knife to be a silent death in close quarters

OP is a scrub
>>
>>377687151
neither are PC oriented. Their design, limitations and publisher reek of consolitis.
>>
>>377671392

What are you talking about, theres great blood spatter in STALKER.
>>
>>377672497

You don't see those kinds of details in either life either, are you fucking retarded? You expect just blood sprays to come off of enemies. Try Rainbow Six Siege or Battlegrounds.
>>
>>377672304

>Medal of Honor Allied Assault

You fucking serious right now?
>>
File: 1344449073273.png (182KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1344449073273.png
182KB, 640x360px
>>377679543
Shit, I thought this was long gone and dead.
Nice to know that the project's actually alive and kicking.
>>
>>377684346
better than cs:go where the bullets can go behind past 180 degrees.
>>
>>377673561

kys
>>
File: 1485617530059.png (432KB, 550x473px) Image search: [Google]
1485617530059.png
432KB, 550x473px
>>377672327
>>377672826
No my friends it's simply that left-handed models were smuggled into the zone because nobody else wanted them but STALKERs weren't picky.
>>
>>377690346
For most guns in CS standing still and crouching makes the first shot extremely accurate. USP is incredibly precise, and it's only a pistol.

Not to mention most fights in CS happen and closer ranges than the ones in Stalker (except for labs).
>>
I think STALKER in general is my favorite post-apocalyptic game trilogy.
>>
>>377678017
>to join you need to fuck a bear
l-lewd
>>
>>377677935
what is the name of this mod?
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.