[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After playing Dark Souls 3 I can safely say Monster Hunter is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1489552519267.jpg (400KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1489552519267.jpg
400KB, 1280x1440px
After playing Dark Souls 3 I can safely say Monster Hunter is the more difficult and 'hardcore' series.

>tons of iframes on roll
>bosses die in a couple minutes
>don't even have to aim just hit the hitboxes and you're good 99% of fights
>coop also makes this a breeze compared to MH coop
>>
never played dark souls coop but mh coop completely destroys any sense of difficulty from almost every fight.
>>
>>377670693
>bosses die in a couple minutes
>implying that bosses that are damage sponges are hard
>>
>>377670795
unless you're cheesing with a billion traps and bombs lv140 GQ Apex Rajang fucks up even 4-man hunts, and you still only have 3 carts.
>>
So is this a Souls thread?
>>
FUCK nibelsnarf
>>
>>377670693
It is more difficult, but unlike MH I actually have fun in Dark Souls
>>
>>377670693

The difficulty is different. I'm a fan of both series, and I don't understand comparing these completely different franchises.

MH is a lot of farming, grinding materials and time consuming fights, often with less move-sets than the Souls bosses. They're more based on what you brought to the fight, not by how good you are at the game.

In MH, you can beat anything with the 'right' items, consumables, traps, despite being incompetent. MH is a game based around preparation; this is neither good nor bad.

Souls is dodge and poke, in almost every sense of the word. It was less this in DES, DS1, and even in DS2, but Since Bloodborne / bloodbornesouls, it's just a frantic dodgefest. It's still a great series/great game.

Nothing in either game is "Hardcore", is it?
MH is repetition, grinding, proper farming and knowing what the enemy is weak to / traps / farm up your consumables more than anything.

Souls is i-frame heaven, comboing, learning how many R1's you can spam at [X] stamina, and just dodging around a lot.

Both are very engaging and good games. Comparing them is pretty fucking dumb.
>>
>>377672807

And for further reference, if you actually want something "Hardcore", go play Bayonetta 1 on Nonstop Climax Mode with no items equipped and get all Platinum+ trophies.

That is 'hardcore'.
>>
File: 1430881536401.png (22KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1430881536401.png
22KB, 250x238px
>>377672807
>>
>>377672807
ya did gud anon
here's one internet for you
>>
>>377670815
>The End and Phantasy Star bosses are shit because I can't mash a fourth of its health at a time.
>>
>>377672807
Shame that people will ignore this to shitpost
>>
>>377672807
i think the comparison comes from the 3rd person combat style and there are similarities in both. Anytime I watch that guy kill a boss with no damage no rolls or whatever, it always looks like a monster hunter fight.

Granted most sane people will abuse the roll iframes in DS3, but you can still abuse the superman dive's iframes in MH too.

weapon style (forget magic, in that regard they are opposite) are similar as well, with souls allowing you to swap out different weps on the fly.

also if you're incompetent in MH you're gonna cart a bunch and quit before you kill your first semi difficult monster, let alone make it to something like a tigerx. But really what I'm wondering is if I should scrap my entire skyrim mod database and start over, or just carefully update all my lewd mods and make a new skyrim slut.

Hardcore wise I think is more dependent on the player, if you've played a lot of games from a series they get easier and easier as you master the controls, and both of these series have very precise controls that persist game to game, which is great. As a result, if you've played through all of them they'll be way easier and less hardcore to you, vs someone who has only played something like RPGs and Mario or something.
>>
>>377673448

>implying multiplayer hasn't given every shitter a ladder in MH

I swear to fucking god why would you put down a trap on an elder dragon? Fuck youuuu and the people that carried you
>>
>>377672807
>and I don't understand comparing these completely different franchises.

Two games sold on being difficult. Both centered around fighting giant bosses that can easily destroy you.

The games are fairly similar. The main differacne is just how the combat stamina system works and being an open world/linear game vs going on small repeatable missions to kill bosses.

>>377672890
Going on max difficulty with no support items is hardcore huh? You can do this for any fucking game that has a difficulty and upgrade system.

You can easily go into souls or MH with base equip, no items and final destination both without much effort.

You really should learn what "hardcore" is before throwing the term around.
>>
>>377673787
yeah MP's a whole nother ball game though. Same for dark souls, though. Both games allow you to get carried that way pretty easily.
>>
File: 1471759807203.png (243KB, 406x407px) Image search: [Google]
1471759807203.png
243KB, 406x407px
>>377670693
The only thing in the Soulsborne series on par with MH difficulty is probably Defiled+ Chalice dungeons IMO, and even those are a different KIND of challenging that what MH offers.

That shit was really challenging, especially before the DLC back when it was hard as tits to get any co-op going so you had to solo everything, and before busted weapons like Bowblade made it negligible.

Both series are great either way.
>>
Does MH really have less i-frames on default roll? I thought it was the other way around, but it might be because I have more hours in MH than in Souls
>>
have fun with your 480p 30fps game
>>
>>377674658
Superman dive has a fuck ton of i-frames. Everything else not so much.
>>
>>377673448

I also, despite enjoying both franchises, would really like if they would put a MH game on a meaningful console.

Everything being on a tiny little handheld is not a good thing. It's in fact a massive detractor.

MH on PC/PS4 when?
>>
>>377675009
I'm sacrificing a goat monthly to hopefully bring it to the switch. MH3U was so fun on the Wii U when it came out.
>>
>>377670693
Who cares?
They both will never be as difficult as best westdev games.
>>
>>377675264

Name 5. I'd like some things to play.
>>
File: IMG_1327.png (1MB, 1470x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.png
1MB, 1470x1080px
>>377675134
You and me both anon, Switch would be a perfect home for MH

though a PS4 mainline MH would be great too, but we don't live in that timeline
>>
>>377675134

I'd even deal with it on Switch. I need another reason than Xenoblade to buy a Switch, after all, eventually.
>>
i doubt there will be another MH game for westerners for a while :(
there is i think frontier z for ps4 but in japan only and there is a similar game called dauntless coming out.. im hoping that it is the game ive been waiting for since capcom doesnt give a shit about appeasing its mh fans in america
>>
>>377670693
Project Diva Future Tone is harder tho tbqh
>>
>>377672807
>In MH, you can beat anything with the 'right' items, consumables, traps
You have no fucking clue what you're talking about
>>
>>377675408
Good, more weeb shit needs to stay out of based west.
>>
>>377672807
>They're more based on what you brought to the fight, not by how good you are at the game.

This is just blatantly false. The delta in time it takes for somebody new to the series to hunt large monsters and a vet is unbelievable. I started in Tri and I was very frequently going 40 minutes or higher on Qurupeco, Barroth, and Gigginox which took me all the way until 3 seconds were left on the clock. Now in newer games I rarely ever spend more than 6 or 8 minutes fighting appropriately leveled village large monsters. Setup is indeed very important and it has a big impact on the fight but skill absolutely sits in the front seat in Monster Hunter.
>>
File: IMG_1141.png (342KB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1141.png
342KB, 716x402px
>>377675556
>>
>>377674658
Your default roll in MH has like 2 or 3 i-frames on it, it's pretty hard to actually invuln through an attack without the evasion skill. However, MH games from Gen 3 and on have generally made a LOT of monster attacks fairly high horizontal swipes with forgiving hitboxes, meaning if you roll you just go under them, avoiding the need for i-frames altogether, which often makes it feel like your rolls have high invuln periods.
>>
>>377675556
If you weren't going to play MH anyway what does it matter to you if MHGenX comes here or not?
>>
>>377675664
See I got mad the same way at the post, but pre-knowledge is what makes you able to do stuff that quickly, and that's kinda like something you bring to the fight, so I let it go.

You bring your weapon of choice (maybe you swap to something more suited for the monster if you're that sort of hunter), and you know your strategy, the monster's habits, and where to hit it for your type of damage to make the biggest dent, and you know how to make the most out of every opening given. Putting it into practice takes skill, but if you didn't have that knowledge going in, even high amounts of skill would still make for a fucking slow hunt.
>>
I played MHFU years ago and it wasn't that hard.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.