[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has grandparents getting you the wrong game ever actually worked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: WOTM.jpg (68KB, 337x475px) Image search: [Google]
WOTM.jpg
68KB, 337x475px
Has grandparents getting you the wrong game ever actually worked in your favor?
>ask on my birthday for some godzilla game that I saw a commercial for
>grandparents tell me they couldn't find it so they got War of the Monster instead
>turns out it's fucking amazing
Best mistake ever.
>>
Has there ever even been a good Godzilla game?
>>
>>377660607
This game was great. The multiplayer was amazing with a few friends over.
>>
>>377661043

Destroy All Monsters is the best monster fighting game ever
>>
>>377661043
>Has there ever even been a good Godzilla game?
Destroy All Monsters Melee
>>
>>377660607

>asks aunt for a ps4 game for my birthday

>be extremely fucking specific about what console i have

>she comes to me with an xbox game that she got from a garage sale

>whatthefuck.jpg

>she spegs out and tells me that im ungrateful and that shes not going to buy me games anymore

>k
>>
>>377661343
>ps4
>asks aunt for a game for his birthday

How old are you?
>>
>>377661540
i was 15 at the time
>>
>>377661909
So you're 13 right now.
>>
>>377662380
no im 11 right now

i also forgot to mention that im a poorfag
>>
>>377661328
>>377661329
No, fuck off with this meme.

Save the earth is LITTERALLY nearly the exact same game just with more content and characters and a better single player, and Unleashed is LITTERALLY the same thing as that with even more characters.

There's absolutely zero fucking reason to play destroy all monsters melee when Unleashed exists.
>>
>>377661043
Destroy All Monsters, Save the Earth, and Anihilation were all pretty good.
>>
File: ededdneddythemisedventures.jpg (330KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
ededdneddythemisedventures.jpg
330KB, 1280x853px
>Christmas Eve 2006
>White friend's parents invite me over to their house
>Ask mom if I can go
>She says okay, but be back before dark
>Get dressed and go to white friend's house, it's about 4pm
>His mom greets me at the door and lets me in
>His whole family is there (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc)
>Everyone is having a good time
>Then it comes time to open some presents
>Friend opens up one of his presents
>It's a fucking PS3
>I still had a PS2 at the time because poorfag
>Suddenly he starts yelling
>Apparently he wanted an Xbox 360 instead
>His parents try to calm him down
>"B-billy (not his real name), we spent a lot of money on that. Y-you could at least say thank yo-"
>"I WANTED AN EXBAWKS THREE SIXTY!1!!!!"
>Everyone is watching him throw a tantrum (we were both like 14 at the time)
>"FUCK YOU MOM, FUCK YOU DAD, AND FUCK THIS WHOLE FAMILY!!!"
>Friend picks up the PS3 and throws it at the wall
>He then runs up to the kitchen table and starts knocking all the plates onto the ground
>Finally storms off upstairs to his room, crying and yelling the whole way
>Friend's relatives just stand there in silence
>I excuse myself and go back home
>Next morning I got some socks and a copy of pic related as my gifts

I eventually stopped talking to him after that. Last I heard he's still living at home with his parents.
>>
>>377660607
I had to buy all my own games as a kid.

>>377661043
Destroy All Monsters Melee back during the 6th gen. The GBA one was also OK.
>>
>Want PS2 for Christmas
>Mum gets Gamecube because store clerk persuaded her to buy it instead
I'll have to thank that guy someday.
>>
>>377660607
I have a PS2 demo disk with this game on it and have always wanted the full game. Me and my friend have been slugging it out with just the ape and the eye-monster for like fifteen years.
>>
>>377660607
My dad bought my brother and I Tales of Symphonia when we dropped hints that we wanted Gauntlent Dark Legacy. To this day i'm glad that I was introduced to the Tales series that young. Purely by accident. Wound up leading to me years later getting one of my favorite JRPGs: Tales of the Abyss.
>>
>>377663028
You can get a used copy on Amazon for under $10.
>>
>>377662710
>Gamecube>PS2
Are you dumb or something mate? You don't even know all the good PS2 games let alone list them in the space to type here
>>
>>377661043
Save the Earth is fucking great.
>>
>>377662697
God that reminds me of this angry British twig I knew growing up.

>Guy is arrogant and short tempered
>Has the nicest mom in the world, very kind, kind of old, and supportive
>Guy treated her like shit every time she walked in the room, cursing at her, calling her retarded, etc.

I had to sit in the car with this guy when his mom was driving us to a friend's house and he spent the entire ride just shouting and cursing at her. I avoid him like the plague and so do my other friends but he'll hound us to hang out with him and usually we're able to shake him, but there are also times where he'll just show up so there's not much to do about it.

Only reason we don't kick him out when we hang out is that it's really fun to piss him off
>>
>>377662549
>Unleashed is LITTERALLY the same thing as that with even more characters
Are you retarded? Unleashed is honestly a downgrade from Save the Earth even with the roster size increase. I love my monsters but no amount of Biollante/Titanosaurus/MG74 is going to fix the waggle and the shitty environments and the floating.
>>
File: 250px-Klonoa_playstation_front.jpg (34KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Klonoa_playstation_front.jpg
34KB, 250x249px
>go to a videogame store with Dad
>The PS2 is the new thing and everyone it's crazy about it
>I still have the PS1 and not even planning to "upgrade"
>Ask if the have any PS1 games
>Guys gets a box from the storage with old games on clearance because they never were sold
Dad ask "hey Anon are you sure about this? One of them even have dust"
>Pic randomly pic related because the cover looked cool
>I discovered what is now one of my favorite game series ever

That was a hell of a find.
>>
>get Final Fantasy VIII
>box somehow has VII inside

It was a happy fuck up. It introduced me to hermeticism and Greek philosophy too.
>>
>>377661343
how did you react to her gift?
if you had just done what a decent human would do, you'd say "gee thanks grandma"
>>
File: 1491925214769.jpg (68KB, 343x327px) Image search: [Google]
1491925214769.jpg
68KB, 343x327px
>>377662697
This kind of shit always depresses me. I grew up with my mother and she always spoiled me rotten, got me everything I wanted. I was never like these kids, but I always get sad when I think that I could have been and that I still didn't appreciate all the long hours she put in just so I could be happy.
>>
>>377662697
This is why you discipline kids. I can't even imagine what my parents would do if I pulled that shit.
>>
>>377663124
I have both. I just think the Gamecube had a better concentration of good games. The PS2 was saturated with shovelware.
>>
File: 23850923850839.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
23850923850839.png
185KB, 500x500px
>>377660607
>Ask my dad for that Digimon Smash Clone for playstation a long time ago.
>He puts it off for awhile, saying we don't have the money to buy games right now.
>One night when I'm laying in bed, my dad walks into my room with a smile on his face.
>"Hey anon...I know you've really been wanting that game for awhile, so I got some money together and got it for you. Here."
>He hands me a copy of Digimon World.
>It's not the game I wanted, but I hug my dad and thank him.
>It was one of the best games I ever played.
My dad may have been a piece of shit a lot in my life, but I know he cares about my brothers and I even if we don't see each other anymore. I love you, Dad.
>>
File: jackie-chan-stuntmaster-usa.jpg (88KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
jackie-chan-stuntmaster-usa.jpg
88KB, 600x593px
My dad got me Jackie Chan Stunt Master, Castlevania Chronicles and Guilty Gear one Christmas

He bought them off a friend from work, but they were all clearly stolen. Those were some fun as fuck months of vidya since I usually only got one game a year.
>>
>>377665907
>The PS2 was saturated with shovelware.

Because the PS2 had every single game...it's not a detraction of the console. If your console is popular and everything is being released on it, of course it's going to get shovelware.

Same reason you shouldn't fault the 3DS or DS for their library's being comprised of gigantic amounts of shovelware too.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.