[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you recommend this to someone who isn't an anime fan,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Would you recommend this to someone who isn't an anime fan, and who is lukewarm on turn based combat? The overwhelmingly positive reception (critically and on here) to this game have me interested in buying it, but the anime has kept me from making the purchase. I also have only played a few games with turn based combat that I liked, and a few that I didn't like.

Would you say that this game does everything well enough for someone with those issues with the game to still enjoy it?
>>
>>377658151
What games you like?
>>
>>377658151
Rent first if you're unsure, that's always the safest option. Persona 5 is pretty much dialogue heavy, and the first few hours will have the game railroad you for about 1-2 hours until the daily life sim cycle kicks in and you're free to do whatever. It's not a game for everyone although I do know people who don't like turn based JRPGs grow fond of it.
>>
>>377658151
Depends, do you like social life simulators? If you don't and since you dislike anime and turn based combat, don't buy it
>>
>>377658151
dont bother
try 3 or 4 instead of spending ~$60 on a game you might not even like
>>
It's 40 dollaroos on the Playstation 3. At worst you'll be out 40 bucks.

Watch a review, make up your mind, don't come back or you'll be spoiled by someone. The difficulty doesn't affect trophies and you can change it at any time during the game if it's too hard.
>>
>>377658151
Probably not. I enjoyed it because I like turn-based combat and story-driven JRPGs in general, but I'm not sure someone would enjoy it if they weren't already a fan of the genre.

The story is very bland and kind of infantile - It's basically all about teenage high school kids who "steal hearts" from criminal adults, causing them to have a change of heart and confess their crimes - So you might not be enjoy it. As far as video game stories go, it is very weak.
>>
>>377658151
if you are interested in challenging combat skip this game.the combat is pretty much find which spell the enemy is weak at and one shot/stun them.it's retarded and boring.
>>
>>377658613
I've only played a few games with turn based combat. I like KOTOR and Paper Mario. I didn't like FFIX at all. That is pretty much my entire experience with turn based combat.
>>
>>377658151
God, no. Most of the gameplay is pretending you're a highschool boy choosing dialogue options to help with people's issues and be friends with them.

The dungeon crawling isn't nearly long or involved enough to keep a person interested based on battles alone.
>>
>>377658151
Well for one thing, I actually like turn based combat, the old school style where you can't even see your party. The Press Turn system from later SMT is one of my favorite versions of turn based combat, and I also really like One More in Persona. So no, if you don't like turn based combat, don't get it. The game is all about managing your time 7 days a week with various activites, slowly increasing your battle strength and social skills, and then putting them to test in the dungeons. It's also about combining skills onto Personas and fusing them to get creative combinations that avoid weaknesses and having the skills you need to defeat enemies quickly. All of those concepts tied together make the series really enjoyable to me, but if you don't enjoy turn based RPGs which is a full half of the game, don't even bother.

Plus if you don't like anime, stay away from SMT in general and 4chan.
>>
>>377658952
Don't buy it. You won't enjoy it. >>377658885
>>377658953 also don't enjoy it because it isn't their kind of game.
On the flip side, it's my GOTY so far. I can't think of anything else coming out this year I could possibly enjoy as much as I did P5. I put 160 hours into it so far.
>>
>>377659382
I don't really "dislike" turn based combat. I've played games with turn based combat that I did like. The one game with turn based combat that I played that I hated was FFIX. If the combat is anything like the combat on that pile of shit, I probably won't like it.
>>
>>377659738
Just watch a vid of the gameplay. Though if you don't enjoy anime don't bother since it's the most stylized Persona yet.
>>
>>377658151
>isn't an anime fan
>lukewarm on turn based combat
No, I wouldn't.
>>
>>377658151
If anime has kept you from making the purchase, that alone tells me you will absolutely not like it, no doubt about it. It'd be one thing if you were indifferent, but if it's to the point where it is worth mentioning, then I'm going to say it's a definitive pass.

I really think Persona 5 has some of the best turn-based combat, as far as giving the player many viable options and abilities that are both cool to use and actually frequently usable.

Regardless, this game is pretty much an anime with some turn-based combat sometimes. Rent if you absolutely have to try it out, but I'd say save your money. It's a damn fine product, but really isn't going to be your cup of tea.
>>
I love it because it's good, not because it's an "anime game" or "turn based."

OP: fuck you cunt you're the reason western games suck
>>
definitely not. the story and dialogue is par for the course for anime but if you're not into that kind of thing it's fucking terrible. the turn based combat is repetitive as fuck, you find a weakness and then exploit it over and over. basically the same shit in every battle.
>>
>>377658151
What? You don't like the two qualities of the game that more or less define it. Half of the game is exploring dungeons with turn-based combat, the other half is making friends with anime characters. You'd hate it.
>>
>>377658151
Well guess thread's over.
The answer is, no we wouldn't recommended it to you since you seems to dislike most of the aspect of the game already.
>>
>>377658151
It's pretty gud even if you are luke warm on turn based combat but if you don't like anime WHY ARE YOU HERE?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.