[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about PC Gaming that attracts kids? Is this a statement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: 1487326887-ao1ebe2-700b.jpg (51KB, 606x804px) Image search: [Google]
1487326887-ao1ebe2-700b.jpg
51KB, 606x804px
What is it about PC Gaming that attracts kids? Is this a statement on PC Gaming as a whole?
>>
>spending all that money just to play minecraft
I assume that kid isn't the only one using that machine
>>
>>377654682
Streamers are in right now. And the vast majority of them are on PC.
>>
>>377654682
It's pretty sad that even children can see that console gaming is shit and you can't.
>>
>>377654775
You underestimate richfag parents.

To someone who's bringing a couple hundred grand a year blowing a few thousand to get your kid to shut up is nothing.
>>
>>377654682
most of their parents own one, and most games are free to play while able to run on toasters.

in retard terms: its more accessible
>>
File: B968NsbIAAAsXGr.jpg (66KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
B968NsbIAAAsXGr.jpg
66KB, 500x670px
>>377654682
>>
Most kids just stick with consoles, I think. To the average parent video games are video games and they're not going to buy a gaming computer when they can get a cheap console.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>377655354
Kids don't like consoles anymore. This isn't 2011,
>>
File: veddit - video games.jpg (492KB, 2272x1302px) Image search: [Google]
veddit - video games.jpg
492KB, 2272x1302px
CS:Go, Overwatch and Dota 2 are made using a very basic rewarding and addicting system
It's easy and fast so the kid thinks he is doing something great

The good side of PC and steam is that the brazilians, americans and canadians don't infect PSN.
>>
File: 1494208502862.jpg (65KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
1494208502862.jpg
65KB, 600x660px
>>377654775
It´s probably just rich parents that buy their only child faggot everything to ease his semi-autistic outbreaks. Rich parents are the worst when they shove money up their kids assholes to make them stfu because the kids get used to it, spoiling them beyond repair.

>mfw one of my friends is literally living off of his parents money for over 3 years now, them having paid all of his student loan, rent and any other expenses he had.
>Even then he would occationally beg them for extra money to buy things
>mfw they give it to him
>mfw I paid for everything myself, had to work on the side to even afford it, had to hold back every penny the year before to pay for it. I still came out short and had to borrow money from relatives. Yes borrow, I have to pay it back.
>He is now over a year without a job or anything and just now his parents started getting salty at him for not doing shit with his life, they still toss money at him though because they don´t want him back and they don´t want him on the street either.

I ain´t even angry, just a bit jelly because worrying about money sucks ass. Also I can´t argue with him...
>You would take it too, you would be stupid not to
And damn he is right, still sucks.
>>
>>377654682
It was a meme for years that PC is the best. New generation comes in, see the PC mustard meme and believes it.
Simple
>>
File: 1489627596041.jpg (234KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489627596041.jpg
234KB, 720x960px
>>377654682
>>
>>377655363
Nah, kids don't like consoles anymore. Look at recent demographic stats the console companies have released. Most of their player base is comprised of adults.

This could be because popular games like Minecraft don't need a high-end rig to play or the it could be the pervasiveness of the 'PC is superior message' swaying them in that direction, given it's the platform many popular YouTubers and streamers will use.
>>
>>377654682
Attracts nerds until recent times. Growing up in the 90s you was a mega geek for playing pc games.
>>
>>377655749
>not liking 2B's ass
>>
>>377654682
> 1060's for Minecraft

LiterallyWHY.jpg
>>
>>377654682
>thread of manchildren making fun of actual kids being kids
This is sad, even for this shithole
>>
> Kids are now learning to game properly on proper machines as opposed to being console peasants and /v/ doesn't like it.

Been a while since I've seen this episode.
>>
>>377656224
Can I get a quick rundown on this pic?
>>
>>377656640
Im pretty sure those are 1080s
>>
>>377657012
lel In little baby boxes like those? lmao.
>>
>>377656645
lmao stay mad Pkek. I don't blame you. I wouldn't be able to handle the reality that muh sooperior PC gaming is actually just filled with cringey pre-pubescent teens and degenerate anime fags
>>
>>377657078
See >>377656224, retard
>>
ye shall know them by their fruit
>>
>>377656280
No such reason. The real villains are smartphones, the next generation is doomed to play candy crush and angry birds.
>>
Because PC gamers have no accomplishments in life. They feel small and feel the need to outdo those around them. Instead of being talented or working hard, they waste a ton of money on expensive plastic. Now they can feel superior to those console users who get scolarships, win ball games, get impressive careers and live a happy life.
>>
>>377656878
>Kids are now learning to game properly on proper machines

>buying 2 Geforce GTX 1080s to play Minecrat and garbage Steam Indie shit is now "proper gaming"

WEW LAD Get a load of this gamur.
>>
>>377656932
pussy magnet midget boasting 2x GTX1080 attracts females posing seductively
>>
>>377655749
And what irrelevant country are you from then?
>>
ok but seriously: my parents never wanted to buy me a console to play video games as a kid cuz they see games as a waste of time
with PCs they could somewhat reassure themselves that I'll use it for other things, like research and art and stuff
And since kids who WANT to play games are in general more tech savvy then parents who don't give a shit about tech, they're more likely to throw in some good specs and say "yeah that's how much computers cost mom"
>>
>>377657364

> I know his entire library from one screen shot.

It's almost like you think he wont have every fucking game he wants, look at what he's holding, his parents either have enough money to start him on a bad habit of buy every fucking title he wants or they're so bad with money he gets everything he wants.

Either way, this kid will probably have more games in his steam library than you.

I've got a mid/high end PC with minecraft for my kids + 150-ish games onmy steam account, but if I took a singular screen shot, you might only see minecraft, you fucking dolt.
>>
>>377654682
But the platform for kids is Nintendo, not PC. Nintendo is literally made for children and families.
>>
>>377658002
Wasn't Nintendo's customer base shown to be mainly dues in the 25-35 age bracket.
>>
>>377658218
lol no

Maybe those dudes with kids in that age bracket
>>
>>377655889
>tfw would rage at stores when I couldn't get games
I did this until I was like 17
>>
>>377658002
Yes, but pretty much anyone still buying Nintendo consoles started 10 years ago unless it's a handheld because Pokemon, and even then stuff kids eat up like FnaF and Minecraft are also on mobile, so they can play between watching whatshisname's Let's Plays
>>
>>377657838
>MUH STEAM LIBRARY
You know you can emulate, pirate etc? That's why my steam library is small, like your micropenis if you think steam libraries are worth a damn.
>>
Kids don't wanna be kids. They play M-rated games because of the 17+ rating, and you claim one is "kiddy" for playing on consoles, so they migrate to PC just to be seen as an adult
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.