[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREATH OF THE WILD'S DURABILITY SYSTEM ISN'T BAD JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 33

File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
BREATH OF THE WILD'S DURABILITY SYSTEM ISN'T BAD JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T LET GO OF YOUR AUTISM AND SIMPLY ALLOW YOURSELF TO TREAT WEAPONS LIKE TEMPORARY THINGS.

IF YOU EVER FOUND YOURSELF COMPLAINING THAT YOU NEVER USED YOUR BETTER SWORDS BECAUSE YOU WERE AFRAID TO LOSE THEM, THAT';S YOUR FAULT FOR BEING A MORON. NOT THE GAME'S.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY
>>
The durability system is bad because in order to make the master sword conform to this system they had to make it run on batteries like some kind of shitty lightsaber.
>>
>>377647201
>the entire system is bad because of one particular case that is going to be changed in the next DLC
>>
>>377647405
>the entire system is bad because of one particular case
Yep.
>that is going to be changed in the next DLC
Rectifying a mistake doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake.
>>
I don't understand when people bitch about "oh but i got attached to this weapon!". It comes back after every blood moon. Do they not know how to play the fucking game?
>>
>>377648141
They simply haven't played the game for long enough. One of the first weapons I found out and about in the world was the huge boomerang. I had not found any boomerangs (or strong weapons) before it, so finding it made it feel really special. When I encountered my first Hinox that wasn't a skeleton, I used everything I could until I realized I needed to use my boomerang if I didn't want to run out of food. My huge boomerang broke when the Hinox was down to a sliver of health, at which point I finished it off with a sword. I missed having my boomerang, but I could not have defeated the hinox without it.

I also beat the game before finding hestu so I was accustomed to throwing out weapons frequently because I was finding them faster than I was breaking them. The only time weapon durability becomes an issue is when you're fighting Lynels.
>>
>make a game using powerful weapons
>give weapons weak durability
>this is somehow bad

So basically, you want to make it so you can get the best weapon in the game, and then use that, and nothing but that for the rest of the game.

Kay.

How about you go "oh man, this weapon rules, im going to save it for when i truly need a bad ass weapon, and use shit ones on trash tier enemies"

Nintendo tried to inject a little bit of strategy into their games, and everyone hates it. Take it out, and everyone will say "get this sword first, and the game becomes a fucking joke"

You really can't please anyone nowadays, can you?
>>
File: wwlg.jpg (22KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
wwlg.jpg
22KB, 680x680px
>>377646740
>AUTISM
>>
im curious about something
do people here defend the korok seeds?
>>
>>377650684
i think they're okay only because it doesn't really push you to find all of them. I only picked up like 150/900 through playing without going after them, and it allowed me to upgrade my inventory significantly. The prize for getting all of them is a minor trophy which says that the game doesn't really incentivize doing so unless you really want to. Under those considerations, I don't consider korok seeds any particular defect in the game.
>>
Weapon durability is bullshit period.

I know ramming Nintendo's cock down your throat is acquired taste for you morons at this point, but bad mechanics are bad even when your god and master does it.
>>
>>377650684
They're filler, basically. Something to make sure that no area is truly, completely empty. It's important that you only have to get a fraction of them. You weren't really intended to aim for completion.

Anyway yes I think it's low-effort filler, but it's better than nothing at all.
>>
>>377651353
Dead Rising
>>
>>377646740
It wasn't that I didn't use my better swords, it's that inventory is so limited and there's so many fucking weapons that every time a good weapon drops I have to spend time digging through my fucking sword bag to decide what to drop.
>>
>>377651541
>too many korok seeds
>limited inventory

choose one
>>
>>377647405
>>377647670
>going to be changed in the next DLC
wait what?
>>
>>377646740
You're right OP, that's not why it's bad.
>>
Only low test beta fucks who can't let go of their weapons think it's bad.
>>
>>377648734
>Make shit designs for a game
>Point out if you took out a shit design the game would be worse because the game is built around shit designs

There is a reason for Early game items mid game items and late game items. Being a nintendo drone I wouldn't expect you to know good game design if it bit you in the cock.
>>
>>377651596
Who are you quoting.
>>
>>377647405

>the entire system is bad because the one iconic weapon of the franchise has to suffer tremendously and crutch the entire system entirely

yup
>>
>>377646740
>its the player's fault for not wanting to waste Ancient gear on bokoblins

>>377648141
>durability isn't a problem because a RNG dictated event can respawn the weapon you want on the other side of the map, so you can use it for all fifteen minutes until it breaks again
>what do you mean you want the same attack up trait as last, don't be greedy

>>377648734
>So basically, you want to make it so you can get the best weapon in the game
>Zeldafags think there is or should be definitively best weapons
>weapons should be balanced by exploding into nothingness, and not having unique strengths and weaknesses
This is how you know Nintentoddlers don't play non-Nintendo systems.

>Nintendo tried to inject a little bit of strategy into their games
No, they added a bit of tactical, then a terrible durability system to make you not want to use it.

>get this sword first, and the game becomes a fucking joke
The game's already a fucking joke, I'd prefer a joke that doesn't take away my favorite toys in a vain attempt to force variety.
>>
>>377652014
But there are early game, mid game and late game weapons too.
>>
File: 1494947244896.jpg (29KB, 355x265px) Image search: [Google]
1494947244896.jpg
29KB, 355x265px
>>377646740
>zeldafags once again prove they are okay with a mediocre open world game because it's the first one they've played
>>
>>377652218
No you said "get this sword first, and the game becomes a fucking joke" as in there is no variety in weapons. A good game would balance out different weapons you can use instead of throwing you 100 random weapons you have to juggle. A zelda game where you have to juggle several weapons that are about to break is in no way fun or a zelda game.
>>
>>377652371
That was another anon, I was just correcting you and saying that there are are weapons with different tiers.
>>
@377652549
So you're a fucking loser nintendo drone who can't get a response so you pretend to be other postsers. Kill yourself
>>
>>377652371
>A zelda game where you have to juggle several weapons that are about to break is in no way fun or a zelda game.
USE A WEAPON UNTIL IT BREAKS AND THEN SWITCH TO THE NEXT ONE.

OCCASIONALLY SWAP FOR SITUATIONAL THINGS LIKE LIGHTNING SWORDS IN THE RAIN OR GUARDIAN GEAR VS GUARDIANS. OR WANDS I GUESS.
>>
>>377652243
shitposters once again prove they don't attain 3 digit IQ
>>
File: (you).jpg (446KB, 2864x1200px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
446KB, 2864x1200px
>>377652647
>>
>>377652673
Turn off caps lock faggot.
>>
i don't have a Nintendo but I heard Breath of the Wild's durability mechanics had you throwing away weapons after 5 swings.

That is absolutely fucking retard, shit implementation and such a a laborious,play-breaking chore would only appeal to autists who enjoy menuscrolling every few times they tap attack to unequip, drop, pick up and equip a new piece of shit rusted iron shitsword.
>>
>>377652905
you heard wrong, you probable shitskin

hint : If you heard it on /v/, chance are it was a mad sony pony autism spouting bullshit
>>
>>377652905
>I heard Breath of the Wild's durability mechanics had you throwing away weapons after 5 swings.

Only specific early-game weapons that advertise themselves as low durability, everything else lasts a reasonable amount of time.
>>
Knda wish enemies wouldnt always drop their weapons, they would instead drop more rupees, and there were weapon shops to buy weapons at.
>>
File: GiantsKnife.jpg (21KB, 545x295px) Image search: [Google]
GiantsKnife.jpg
21KB, 545x295px
>everybody loved this thing so much that we turned every sword into it
>>
>>377652792
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL
>>
>>377652905
The lowest tier weapons which are literally tree branches, rusty old ass weapons decaying in the dirt, and similar shit do break in 5-10 swings.

Once you get something not rusted and not a stick you are looking at 20-30 swings. And when you get a weapon that is actually good, it is closer to 40-50 swings. Most weapons are 40-50 swings. Some are 60-70. There is a subset of really powerful ancient weapons that do great damage, but how lower durability at around 15-25 swings.

It is pretty good. You are never going to run out of weapons because every enemy has a weapon, and if there is a tree then there is also a tree branch or a korok leaf.
>>
The durability system is bad because it forces you to constantly pause the game and retrieve another shitty club out of your inventory.
>>
>>377646740
its shit. kill yourself.
>>
Wouldn't be so bad if you could preserve or repair a cool weapon that you liked

Nope. Disintegrates. Vanishes into thin air once it breaks. Because that's how a sword works.
>>
>>377646740
durability system sucks, get over it
>>
>>377646740
Thank you Anonymous. $0.05 has been deposited in your MyNintendoâ„¢ account.
>>
>>377654790
>Wouldn't be so bad if you could preserve or repair a cool weapon that you liked

-literally- the answer to this is "git gud"

Because if you were even remotely intelligent, you'd learn where your favorite swords respawn after Blood Moons and mark that information on your map.
>>
>>377647405
epic farting reddit
>>
File: 16055poster.jpg (55KB, 900x677px) Image search: [Google]
16055poster.jpg
55KB, 900x677px
>weapon breaks
>"hmm, should I improvise and think of an alternate strategy to fight this enemy? Or should I regroup and better plan my inventory?"
>"oh wait, i don't have to do that, or any kind of videogamey thing that requires skill or tact, because the game gives me several billion weapons already, thus trivializing the entire aspect in the first place"
>>
>>377653525
Why is a knife shaped like a sword?
>>
File: 1404362587086.gif (2MB, 420x428px) Image search: [Google]
1404362587086.gif
2MB, 420x428px
>>377646740

>Tfw can't watch this video without getting aroused ever since I noticed they push Purple Link's head back down every now and then
>>
>>377654790
Not only this but>>377654954

You can also use the shiekah sensor function to take a photo of your favorite weapon and shield, and then track it down with the sensor.
>>
>>377655630
>>377654954

Okay, but why? Can't you just make weapons repairable? Why force me to backtrack and do all this tedious fetchquesting just for a weapon I like? Give me one reason why the latter is somehow more preferable.
>>
>>377646740
Discouraging me from engaging in combat because I don't want to waste my weapons on trivial unrewarding encounters sure is fun.
>>
>>377655724
>Can't you just make weapons repairable?
Because then you'll just go get a singleuar really strong sword and use it forever and ignore all the varied weapons and combat options in favor of grabbing the first Royal Claymore you can find and never letting go.

Durability forces people to expand and experiment. You want to sink into a comfort zone and stay there forever. It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>377655852
being an autistic fuck is no fun
>>
>>377655852
They aren't a resource to be saved or hoarded anon.

You're avoiding combat because you don't want to have fun. You also probably vastly underestimate how effective bows can be at evening up the durability equation. Bows spit out a shitload of damage before breaking and should be a supplement to your standard combat strategies at all times.

Not to mention with the way weapon and enemy scaling works, you're almost certain to actually get a new useful sword from going in and killing a camp of monsters. There's always atleast one guy in those groups who has a strong weapon.
>>
>>377655910
Sound argument kid.
>>
>>377655884

>Because then you'll just go get a singleuar really strong sword and use it forever and ignore all the varied weapons and combat options in favor of grabbing the first Royal Claymore you can find and never letting go.
But under the current system, I can just stock up on that one sword and never use anything else. So the problem hasn't been solved.
>>
>>377655852
Did people even play this game properly? You get to a point when you want to waste your weapons because there are too fucking many.
>>
The weapons are so pitifully weak that you normally can't even make it through ONE small group of enemies without one or two breaking. It's just not excusable.

They put all this effort into building the most detailed world in Zelda but then shit like this happens. Did war exist in this game's universe? Did soldiers go onto the battlefield carrying 12 weapons because they break every two guys? I can't see any nation having weapons this utterly shitty, no wonder they got their shit pushed in by the Guardians.

Also, the durability system is bad because it gives the player a massive excuse to skip combat entirely, making combat even less fucking rewarding than it already is. There is no reason to fight things in the overworld aside from armor upgrades. 90% of your progression comes from doing shrines, so just run past enemies and do shrines.
>>
>>377655884
>Because then you'll just go get a singleuar really strong sword
If only one weapon is worth using then Nintendo did an absolute shit job balancing the combat.

>ignore all the varied weapons and combat options
This is bullshit speculation, and a lot of weapons are completely redundant already.

>Durability forces people to expand and experiment.
No it doesn't. Normies remain retards who just mash buttons, they just switch weapons every once in a while now. Smart players would switch weapons anyway to capitalize on the current situation.

>You want to sink into a comfort zone and stay there forever.
No, he wants an abhorrent durability system that adds nothing to the game but hassle and gives Nintendo an excuse to litter the game with useless weapons to make it feel packed with content to be removed at some point, which is entirely reasonable.
>>
>>377655852
>I don't want to waste my weapons on trivial unrewarding encounters
So don't. There's no reason to because you can ride a horse or run past every enemy in the wild.
I'm not even defending durability, this is just such a dumb thing to complain about.
>>
>>377655884

>Because then you'll just go get a singleuar really strong sword and use it forever
Dang, and Ocarina of Time did this. I guess OOT is objectively a terrible game that's worse than Gone Home, according to you. Sucks, I thought it was fun, but I guess I was wrong.
>>
>>377656031
t. hoarder beta cuck who can't let go of his weapons.
>>
There isn't a single case in which weapon durability has been anything but a hindrance or otherwise pain in the ass mechanic. Prove me wrong.

You can't
>>
>>377656024
>There's always atleast one guy in those groups who has a strong weapon.
Which probably isn't as strong as the weapon you wasted on him, unless that weapon was trash.
>>
>>377656097
But you had to explore the map, learn spawn locations and memorize/mark them. In addition to going and collecting them after each blood moon. You also stand the chance of actually breaking all your claymores and having none or needing to go collect more.You have to EARN your claymore in the current system.

In your system, we could go get that one claymore right away without even opening any fast travel points or openly/honestly fighting any monsters and then use it for the rest of the game without it ever breaking ever again because you could teleport to a blacksmith the instant you get a low durability warning.

You'd effectively shatter the gear/challenge progression entirely and the game would suffer for it.
>>
>>377646740
The durability system just becomes a chore to deal with as the game goes on because you can easily get to a point where you'll never run out of backup weapons. If I'm always going to have a weapon anyway then I may as well have the weapon I like.
It isn't fun have to manage this shit in inventory screens, and it isn't fun having to pause during a fight to get out another weapon.
>>
>>377656370
No. It's almost always as strong because the weapon and enemy scaling is well handled.

You can kill half the enemies in the camp with simple easy headshots with a bow and then break a royal broadsword to kill a silver boko who's carrying a brand new royal broadsword. Same thing if you're at an earlier stage in the game except you replace royal swords with knight or soldier swords depending on your progression.
>>
>>377656339
Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>377656249
>There's no reason to because you can ride a horse or run past every enemy in the wild.

Just because the combat is pointless doesn't excuse the combat being shit.
>>
>>377656379

That's absolutely ridiculous. A game like Terraria does exactly what you describe, but better.
>>
>>377656379
>But you had to explore the map, learn spawn locations and memorize/mark them. In addition to going and collecting them after each blood moon.
>Nintenbros think this pointless busywork to regain an option you should have never lost is good gameplay

>You have to EARN your claymore in the current system.
>implying pulling a weapon out of the ground or gimping a couple enemies with elemental arrows/Urbosa's is 'earning' anything

>we could go get that one claymore right away without even opening any fast travel points or openly/honestly fighting any monsters and then use it for the rest of the game without it ever breaking ever again because you could teleport to a blacksmith the instant you get a low durability warning.
So what you're saying is, choice is bad, and we need Papa Nintendo to force us to use shitty weapons.

>You'd effectively shatter the gear/challenge progression entirely and the game would suffer for it.
Yeah, not like there comes a point were gear generally stops progressing. Can't be letting people use what they want endgame.
>>
>>377646740
It's pretty bad.
>>
>>377646740
Literally all they have to do to fix durability is make weapons more durable and add a repair shop. Why is that so hard? Tons of games got it right.
>>
Okay jackass, if weapons are supposed to be shitty and break in 5 seconds and we're not supposed to care, how are we supposed to feel every time we open a treasure chest and a weapon is inside?
>>
>>377646740
Where's Purple Link?
>>
>>377656250
Get this grade school level reasoning the fuck out of here.

>>377656242
>If only one weapon is worth using then Nintendo did an absolute shit job balancing the combat.
You're using such incredibly faulty logic that it hurts to even think about it. I can't even begin to approach this in a rational or "proper" manner. Suffice it to say that this sentence I quoted in the greentext is fucking retarded.

>This is bullshit speculation, and a lot of weapons are completely redundant already.
No it's not. If you have a really good sword that never breaks, you have no reason to use a disguise mask or abuse any of the varied environmental combat options. The great thing about BotWs combat is that it encourages creativity because you're conditioned through durability to want to think about other options before using straight up melee combat.

>. Smart players would switch weapons anyway to capitalize on the current situation.
Not if they could simply swing a Savage Lynel Crusher to solve any problem.

>>377656757
>ah, not like there comes a point were gear generally stops progressing. Can't be letting people use what they want endgame.
once you're endgame, you can go grab virtually any weapon you want with a simple trip to a spawn location.
>>
>>377656507
>It's almost always as strong because the weapon and enemy scaling is well handled.
>Bokoblins are running around with Ancient and Lynel weapons now
What?

>then break a royal broadsword
And there's were you go wrong. Why would you ever carry that trash if you didn't need filler weapons because of the shit durability system?

>except you replace royal swords with knight or soldier swords depending on your progression.
Which are entirely redundant weapons outdone by elementals. The 'progression' in BotW is awful.
>>
>>377656553
The combat being shit or pointless wasn't my argument or even a point in my post, so it's off topic.
The point I was making was to consider if a fight is worth that precious weapon that you didn't want to "waste".
See those Bokoblins in the road? Probably not worth expending your Master Sword on, so either take out some expendables, grab a branch on the ground, or don't engage in battle this time because it's not currently worth it.

Do you get angry when games don't provide unlimited bullets or arrows? It's the same deal; decide whether or not the situation calls for using your finite arsenal. It's one thing to dislike a flawed system, but it's another to refuse to adapt to it and give yourself a hard time like you outlined in your first post.
>>
>>377656790
see>>377656379

One possible fix would be to gate the smithy and make sure he's endgame, but people would probabl just whine about that anyways or always seek to unlock/open him first which would harm the "free-form" progression they want by encouraging most people to do certain things first.
>>
>>377656790
>Literally all they have to do to fix durability is make weapons more durable and add a repair shop. Why is that so hard? Tons of games got it right.

What's the point of durability if you can repair your weapon?
>>
far cry primal did it better, combat was fun and impactful and getting a weapon meant something

zelda just is lame gameplay overhyped by zelda fans / desperate to cling to anything nintendo fans
give it like a year or two, clearly the delusional hype/praise isn't going away anytime soon
>>
>>377656790
You can repair weapons if they're damaged. If they're destroyed, you obviously cannot.
>>
>>377657109

So you don't have to constantly grind just to get a weapon you like? If the weapon variety was any good, this wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>377654456
but thats wrong, retard kun
>>
>80 replies
>40 IPs

So it really just is one autismo defending this shit, huh?
>>
>>377657123
>give it like a year or two
People keep saying this. Why? By constantly shitting on Zelda in Zelda threads, you're making it not go away for longer.
>>
>>377657003
Why the fuck were you using Lynel Weapons against Bokoblins exactly? Lynel weapons are for other Lynels and maybe world/dungeon bosses and guardians

>Why would you ever carry that trash
Royal Broadswords are NEVER trash.

>Which are entirely redundant weapons outdone by elementals
Elementals are rare to find in general. Of course standard fare should be made redundant by special rare tools.

You're in a hopelessly stats obsessed minmax mindset and it's your own fault that you have less in games because of it.
>>
>>377656790
Not letting you repair your weapon in BoTW is the boldest thing Nintendo has ever done.
>>
>>377657214
>So you don't have to constantly grind
Teleporting and running to a spawn point isn't a fucking grind you dumbfuck. 80% of weapons can be found just lying around on the floor and the rest can be found wielded by enemies who are simple to kill.

The only possible "grind" might be Lynels if you really want to use nothing but Lynel shit.
>>
>>377657214
but then you'd have to grind to get some loot that only drops once in a blue moon so it's basically the same shit faggot
>>
>>377657254
other way around, it's 1-2 mentally challenged sonybros, getting schooled over and over again.

You'll have to accept that BOTW is GOTY someday, shitposting won't change that
>>
File: 1451777826659.jpg (48KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1451777826659.jpg
48KB, 250x241px
>people say the new Zelda is the best game ever made
>look at its metacritic
>disgusting praise by paid off gaming journalists
>throw the game in the trash

The day I listen to kotaku or gamespot is the day I buy a Vita.
>>
>>377657004
The thing is, the fight is NEVER and WILL NEVER be worth a weapon because all the player's progression is tied to shrines.

The ONLY fights worth a shit are Shrine guardians and regular guardians, both of which can be heavily damaged or outright killed by the Master Sword. The regular guardians in particular can just be parried to death by a guardian shield. Anything else is a waste of weapons.

Weapon durability in Breath of the Wild is a failure because it doesn't add anything to the game, it just takes away from it, and the rest of the game's design doesn't complement it in any single way. With no possibility of earning heart pieces or capacity upgrades or stamina upgrades or new armor, fighting enemies is a pointless affair just like most of the sidequests are.
>>
>>377657214

When can you not get any type of weapon easily from a nearby enemy? They're everywhere
>>
>>377657415
you don't grind for shit. Eventually you got so many good weapons that you start tossing them around for space. a single weapin is enough to kill a shitload of boko in a camp, and then you are flooded with dragonbone clubs, royal shit etc etc.

It's hilarious how easy it is to spot the mongoloid who only repeat the same retarded argument they heard other mongoloid spew since release. It's as if they don't understand that people that actually played the game would know better than them.
>>
>>377657549
>>377657415
>>377657393

So in other words, the game encourages grinding by making weapons respawn way too much. So you never have to use skill or thinking to preserve your weapons. It's horribly casual.
>>
>>377657545
but if you care about collecting monster parts for upgrading your clothes and the monster shop, or rupees you get from chests and selling materials, then fighting is definitely worth it.

especially since the game gives you higher durability weapons the more fights you engage in, so after a while you get to the point where you always have a weapon surplus and can't get rid of them fast enough.
>>
>>377657545
considering weapons are worthless and disposable because you get so many of them then yes it is worth a fight.
>>
>>377656943
>Suffice it to say that this sentence I quoted in the greentext is fucking retarded.
Translation: I'm I retard who said something incredibly stupid, and because I can't counter your point I'll claim you're wrong and dumb and hope others believe me.

But to address your point, you claim people would only use one weapon. If it's because they're idiots who can't see the value of other weapons or refuse to switch, that's on them. If it's because there's no point in using another weapon, then Nintendo did a shit job balancing weapons.

>If you have a really good sword that never breaks, you have no reason to use a disguise mask or abuse any of the varied environmental combat options.
Why are you bringing up not-weapon combat options in a discussion about weapon combat options?

>The great thing about BotWs combat is that it encourages creativity
Creativity is encouraged by functionally diverse and useful tools, and a sufficient challenge to warrant investigating them. Durability is switching out your wooden stick for a metal one.

>to want to think about other options before using straight up melee combat.
What the fuck are you talking, 99% of the time people are beating or bowing things to death, no one wastes time with environmental shit unless they're trying to be cute.

>Not if they could simply swing a Savage Lynel Crusher to solve any problem.
>if players could use X without it exploding into nothingness
>they would never touch any of their other options that can do things X can't
Listen to yourself. This is how you're defending this godawful system.

>once you're endgame, you can go grab virtually any weapon you want with a simple trip to a spawn location.
If it's so simple why waste time and need a RNG dictated event to grab it at all? Why not let us keep it in the first place?
>>
>B-B-BUT PEOPLE WOULD GET DA OVERPOWERED WEAPONS FIRST

Amazing, it's almost like a player would be able to self-impose a challenge on themselves, or maybe even a first-time player wouldn't get the best shit right away anyways.

Fucking Dark Souls got this shit right 6 years ago, you can pick up the Zweihander or Claymore or Estoc right away if you want to strip the challenge from yourself. What is wrong with letting a player dictate the difficulty?

Hell, maybe like Dark Souls Breath of the Wild should have let you upgrade your weapons slowly over time instead of this trash where they break in 30 hits because the weapons were apparently made by retarded assholes. That way the weapons don't start off overpowered and you have to earn it, while also preserving the enemy scaling.
>>
>>377657545
>The thing is, the fight is NEVER and WILL NEVER be worth a weapon
You spend a weapon, you get a weapon. It's simple a fuck and makes sure to keep you relatively well equipped. Only literal retards and autists would get uptight at the possibility of maybe having less power/stuff at the end of a fight.

It's not a JRPG. You don't get to always grow and improve 100% of the time. Sometimes you just use a weapon to solve a problem. The fact that you feel some sort of NEED to be showered in rewards and "progress" after every fight is absurd.
>>
File: 1463134416641.gif (301KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1463134416641.gif
301KB, 400x399px
>>377657109
The more you use a weapon, the less effective it gets. Even Souls got this right.

>>377657043
Or just have more durability if the player wants to use his favorite weapon. BOTW's WD only works early game because it's a supposed to be scramble during combat when a player's weapons break and needs to find another one fast. Late game your killing everything in a few hits and nothing can kill you so when a weapon breaks it more of an annoyance.
>>
>>377657775
jesus, that one dumb fuckign nigger.
>>
>>377657741
There are so many weapons available that you don't have to grind, faggot.
>>
>>377657741
>So you never have to use skill or thinking to preserve your weapons.

Except when you use skill or thinking to damage enemies in ways that don't use weapon durability. Or those weapons that require skill and thinking to use effectively like wands or boomerangs.
>>
>>377657893

>Except when you use skill or thinking to damage enemies in ways that don't use weapon durability.
Why bother preserving weapon durability? you will never run out.
>>
>>377651634
the dlc says you can power up the master sword permanently
>>
>>377657486
imagine being this utterly incapable of thought and somehow thinking you're smart
>>
>>377657775
>What the fuck are you talking, 99% of the time people are beating or bowing things to death, no one wastes time with environmental shit unless they're trying to be cute.

he means stuff like shooting an arrow at the enemy's head once in a while, or throwing your weapon that's about to break at an enemy and then grabbing the weapon the enemy drops to immediately use it against him. stuff like that wouldn't be necessary if you had an unbreakable sword.
>>
>>377646740
I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE .SWF THAT OP'S IMAGE IS FROM FOR LIKE A DECADE.
Anyone know where I can find it?
>>
>>377657754
The only monster parts worth collecting are Guardian parts because the Ancient Armor is the best armor in the game, this is made even worse because Guardians are the only enemy you never need to worry about weapon durability to kill since a laser parry does not wear out your shield.

Also, rupees are one of the worst aspects of BotW, there are several sidequests that require you to have tens of thousands of them, but the only way to quickly make money is to cheese the bowling minigame. The entire economy is based around that minigame pretty much, there's no other reliable way to make money.
>>
>>377657794
>Fucking Dark Souls got this shit right 6 years ago, you can pick up the Zweihander or Claymore or Estoc right away if you want to strip the challenge from yourself. What is wrong with letting a player dictate the difficulty?

At least you don't have to grind for 2 hours to get one titanite slab in Botw. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>377655852
>fun isn't a reward
If you don't like the gameplay don't play the game.
>>
File: coop.png (1MB, 1236x1440px) Image search: [Google]
coop.png
1MB, 1236x1440px
>>377657987

>you're only smart if you listen to neogaf and Jim Sterling
>>
>>377657795
You don't want to spend a good weapon to get a shitty weapon, fucktard. Nobody does.

Not everybody has your specific brand of autism where you can just deal with shit being temporary and meaningless. I'd say if everything in the game is temporary and meaningless then the game is just poorly designed.
>>
>>377658040
Are you autistic? Hunt at Hebra and get paid. You can easily get 10000 in minutes.
>>
>>377657979
>you will never run out.
You will run out of uses of particularly strong weapons. Which means you can't just only/always use the strongest things. Which in turn raises to value and usefulness of every weapon in the game that's weaker than the top tier ones.
>>
>>377648734
>So basically, you want to make it so you can get the best weapon in the game, and then use that, and nothing but that for the rest of the game.
Basically, yeah. If I worked hard to get that weapon, of course I'm going to use it. Especially if it's a fucking staple of the series. Imagine if something like the Biggoron Sword broke. Wouldn't you be pissed that something that took all that time to get something didn't last?
>>
>>377658096
Isn't there always a preset one that you can get somewhere near the catacombs?

Also, +9 Zwei or Estoc is MORE than enough to fuck anything up in seconds.
>>
>>377658169
>You don't want to spend a good weapon to get a shitty weapon, fucktard. Nobody does.
Good thing it NEVER works that way. You will ALWAYS get a good weapon from attacking a group of enemies at a camp.

Keep on spewing the same basic uninformed bullshit though. It's bound to trick somebody eventually right?
>>
>>377652905
>i heard

What the fuck are you even doing here
>>
>>377658213
But the Master Sword comes back all the time. And it's never actually been legendarily powerful, just magically effective against evil.
>>
>>377657794
>>377657810
>muh Dork Souls
Yes DS totally had the bombs, cryonis, stasis, and magnesis right? Having an OP weapon definitely wouldn't minimize their use in combat right?
All these reddit-spacing faggots don't realize that with the weapon durability system, the game encourages you to use other systems, not just dodgeroll your way to victory.
>>
>>377658210

>You will run out of uses of particularly strong weapons.
Which you can grind for because the game doesn't limit you in any capacity. Your starting inventory is already big enough to carry you through the whole game, at least if you're not some casual.
>>
>>377658040
>but the only way to quickly make money is to cheese the bowling minigame. The entire economy is based around that minigame pretty much, there's no other reliable way to make money.

what the fuck? i had no issues getting rupees and i didn't even know about that bowling minigame until i had over a hundred hours into the game. git gud
>>
>>377658425
Not everybody wants to spend 3 hours trying to do some goofy shit in combat like videogamedunkey, faggot.
You shouldn't be required to make the game fun for yourself.
>>
>>377658441
>Which you can grind for
No you can't. You can only go find more once enough time has passed or you've killed enough monsters.

It's not a grind, it's a restock and it's only periodical and you can't force it to happen
>>
File: 46395939_p5.png (211KB, 935x647px) Image search: [Google]
46395939_p5.png
211KB, 935x647px
>>377651353
Monster Hunter
>>
>>377647405
>>377647201
>>377647670
I wouldn't say the system itself is bad, but the Master Sword should have been the exception. Even if there was a quest to make it infinitely durable, it should have been in the base game.
>>
>>377657291
>Why the fuck were you using Lynel Weapons against Bokoblins exactly?
I thought you said killing enemies gave me as good as weapons back?

>good weapons are only for certain enemies
So what you're saying is, durability discourages you from using your best shit most of the time?

>Royal Broadswords are NEVER trash.
They are straight up inferior to their Savage/Ancient counterparts and lack the special properties of elementals/boomerangs. They are utter trash.

>Elementals are rare to find in general.
So you're not going the average mob dropping the ones you used to obliterate them, aren't you? And you can easily pick up all the good elemental weapons in ten minutes or so going around the world map. So why waste time with Royal trash if not for durability?

>Of course standard fare should be made redundant by special rare tools.
Nothing should be made redundant but weak joke weapons meant for challenge runs (which durability disallows). That's awful game design.

>You're in a hopelessly stats obsessed minmax mindset
>stop gaming a video game
Current Year Zeldafag logic everybody.
>>
For fuck's sake, the Razor Sword in Majora already felt like it was too fragile, and that shit lasts like 5 times as long as every weapon in BotW.
>>
>>377658040
The only time I actually needed rupees was when I had to awaken the final fairy. By that time I had so many ores and minerals that I didn't have any trouble getting the money. I just sold them
>>
>>377658604

who hurt you
>>
>>377658604
>I thought you said killing enemies gave me as good as weapons back?
Within reason of course. Bokoblins don't carry the absolute strongest swords in the whole game.
>So what you're saying is, durability discourages you from using your best shit most of the time?
Yes. Which is a good thing.
>They are straight up inferior to their Savage/Ancient counterparts
See above.
>Nothing should be made redundant but weak joke weapons meant for challenge runs
Your logic is still hopelessly flawed and stupid.

I'm not respond to you again, it was literally actually a challenge to even understand your post because of how stupid it was.
>>
>>377657695
>and then you are flooded with dragonbone clubs, royal shit etc etc.
Which are trash.
>>
>>377658551

>No you can't. You can only go find more once enough time has passed or you've killed enough monsters.
But why? Why do they respawn period? If this system was good, you would only find weapons once, and then they'd never appear again. If you ran out of weapons while playing the game, too bad. Start over from the beginning and don't be so casual next time.

This cycle of infinitely respawning weapons just trivializes the whole aspect. There's not enough time that passes where it would be acceptable.
>>
>>377658617

game with one design philosophy feels different than game with different design philosophy

that's a neck
>>
>>377657985

that means it will always be at 60 power. It will still have 40 durability and need to recharge for 10 minutes when it breaks.
>>
>>377658767
only if YOU are ;^)
>>
>>377657795
>It's not a JRPG.
>implying player character progression is only in JRPGs
>implying it wasn't in past Zeldas

>The fact that you feel some sort of NEED to be showered in rewards and "progress"
No one's asking for rewards, they want to keep their shit.
>>
File: 1495380255550.jpg (304KB, 482x680px) Image search: [Google]
1495380255550.jpg
304KB, 482x680px
>>
>>377658603
DLC turns on super mode permanently. Still runs out
>>
>>377658617
You can only have one Razor sword in MM at the same time. There are plenty of disposable weapons in BotW. It's not even comparable, fag.
>>
File: 62720764_p0.png (593KB, 666x800px) Image search: [Google]
62720764_p0.png
593KB, 666x800px
>>
>>377648734

using shit weapons on shit enemies and good weapons on good enemies is not strategy lol
>>
File: 62720764_p1.png (378KB, 653x800px) Image search: [Google]
62720764_p1.png
378KB, 653x800px
>>
>>377657893
>Or those weapons that require skill and thinking to use effectively like wands or boomerangs.
Which also break, discouraging you from using them like anything else.
>>
>when BOTW being GOTY hurt your feefees so you have to shitpost hard to dull the pain

:(
>>
>>377658496
And you shouldn't be playing video games if you can't adapt to a game's rules, nerd.
The rule is that you cycle through your weapons like water bottles in a hot desert.
Adapt, faggot.
>>
>Durability encourages you to switch weapons and be strategic!

Fuck off, no it doesn't, I'm sick of hearing this.

The game doesn't track durability, so you basically never ever want to switch from a weapon you have equipped, because you don't know how many hits it has left unless you keep count like an autist. You'd rather break one weapon than risk the possibility of getting into a bad fight with a ton of weapons that are ready to break because you kept switching them.

Also, there's nothing inherently strategic about being forced to break weapons because apparently solid metal in Hyrule has the durability of fucking styrofoam. It completely takes a shit on the believability of the game's universe.

inb4 Sheikah apps. Bombs are usually useless and don't do enough damage or knock weapons out of enemy's hands.
Magnesis requires there to BE a metal object to use, and also uses really unreliable and unpredictable Havok physics, it's simply not a predictable enough option to be worth using.
Cryonis is used for like, one or two fights? There's a Test of Strength and then Waterblight Ganon and that's it.

Stasis is the only combat tool worth using and it requires you to waste weapon durability to use it anyways.
>>
>>377658767
How fucking bad do you have to be at this game that you can't kill anything with a Royal Broadsword? One of those should able last you through 15-20 grunt enemy fights easily.
>>
>>377646740
>when your internet is so bad it takes 2 months just to post a thread
>>
File: 62946152_p0.png (436KB, 650x615px) Image search: [Google]
62946152_p0.png
436KB, 650x615px
>>
>>377658842
>If this system was good, you would only find weapons once, and then they'd never appear again.
That's insane and I defy you to give a rational and sound argument for it.

>This cycle of infinitely respawning weapons just trivializes the whole aspect.
No, it just makes you value your resources without getting obsessive/crazy because you know you aren't losing something forever if it breaks. Not to mention how your suggested idea brings us back to a major Open World game flaw that BotW overcame, which is how boring/empty/static the worlds can be once you've traveled through a place. Blood Moons keep the world alive and keep the threat high.

You think of your hypothetical suggested design as hardcore, but it's actually the furthest thing from it. Without blood moons to respawn enemies, the gameworld wouldn't be nearly so non-linear and exploration friendly. You'd have to have clear progressions of difficulty based on regions rather than progression.
>>
>>377659102
Are you mentally challenged or just faking it real good?

Shouldn't you just kill yourself now since you'll die someday, thus discouraging yourself from living?

You probably should.
>>
File: 62923272_p0.jpg (905KB, 1500x2171px) Image search: [Google]
62923272_p0.jpg
905KB, 1500x2171px
>>
>>377659102
>Which also break
And how the fuck does that discourage you from using them exactly? Is the effect of a blizzard wand any less potent because it breaks eventually? Are the enemies LESS frozen? No?

Sounds like you're wrong.
>>
>>377658210
>Which means you can't just only/always use the strongest things.
Which is absolutely retard. If the only difference between tools is numerical strength, then the weaker tools are redundant, especially in a melee game.

>Which in turn raises to value and usefulness of every weapon
It gives them value in the first place as trash killers because you don't want to waste your good shit on trash. That is not good game design.
>>
>>377659102
>Which also break, discouraging you from using them like anything else.

Why would you be discouraged from using your weapon that lasts a good 10-15 enemy fights, when chances are at least one of those 10-15 enemies will drop the exact same weapon type that you used up against them?
>>
File: 62834315_p4.jpg (211KB, 552x900px) Image search: [Google]
62834315_p4.jpg
211KB, 552x900px
>>
>f-fuck durability!

how is it nintendo's fault that they made a huge freeform playground that you're too neurotic to properly enjoy?
>>
File: 1494814453939.png (708KB, 538x784px) Image search: [Google]
1494814453939.png
708KB, 538x784px
>>
>>377658301
>You will ALWAYS get a good weapon from attacking a group of enemies at a camp.
Point to an overworld enemy group that's dropping Ancient shit.
>>
File: 1494494308098.png (511KB, 1000x727px) Image search: [Google]
1494494308098.png
511KB, 1000x727px
>>
>>377659330
>If the only difference between tools is numerical strength, then the weaker tools are redundant,
Unless you introduce something called "durability" which then creates a whole new level on which to evaluate weapons.

It's a GOOD thing to make weaker weapons have more worth and that's what durability does.
>>
File: 62590091_p5.png (3MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
62590091_p5.png
3MB, 1000x1500px
>>
>>377659375
If there was a playground where the monkey bars broke every 30 kids that went across it, nobody would want to go to that playground, and everyone in the universe would say that playground was shittily built.
>>
>>377658923
you sure about that? Why wouldn't they give an unbreakable weapon for beating the the cave challenge? Seems like a good reward to me.
>>
>>377659461
>If it's not among the absolute best weapons in the game, it's not "good"
Fuck off already. You've been posting nonstop in this thread.
>>
File: 1493481879909.jpg (90KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493481879909.jpg
90KB, 600x900px
>>
>>377659487
The weaker weapons don't have more worth. They break much faster than the stronger ones.

If anything the system would be interesting if weaker weapons had much higher durability, or even infinite durability, and that would be how you had to gauge encounters.
>>
File: 1478360015316.png (256KB, 777x687px) Image search: [Google]
1478360015316.png
256KB, 777x687px
>>377659553
>>
>>377658425
>DS totally had the bombs, cryonis, stasis, and magnesis right?
You know these are completely pointless during combat right?

>Having an OP weapon definitely wouldn't minimize their use in combat right?
I'm not sure what you even mean by this but, BOTW's WD is literally a form of artificial difficulty. You can't kill a Lynel when starting out because the beginning weapons break too fast even if the player is skilled at the game.

>reddit-spacing faggots
Oh its bait
>>
File: 62236218_p0.png (802KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
62236218_p0.png
802KB, 800x800px
>>
>>377659678
>DS totally had the bombs, cryonis, stasis, and magnesis right?
>You know these are completely pointless during combat right?

Neve rplayed the game, confirmed. Man, why are you so fuckign bad at this
>>
>>377646740
Nah its really bad.
>>
>>377650684
Kinda, sorta. They're not terribly hard to find just by casually going through the game and exploring, and you honestly don't need even half of them. I've got like, 90-100 seeds and I feel like my inventory is big enough now. I'd like more in the world than just korok seeds, but they aren't necessarily bad.

My major gripe about them is that the korok seed count as your %clear rate, which means you could finish everything except korok seeds and the game still says you're 30% done. Unless you look up a guide, it's hard to tell if you've genuinely combed the land of everything but korok seeds or you're missing something
>>
>>377658751
>Within reason of course.
How is it unreasonable to want good, non-redundant weapons back?

>Bokoblins don't carry the absolute strongest swords in the whole game.
Which means you are encouraged to not bother using your best shit against them, which coincidently includes all the actually unique weapons.

>Which is a good thing.
How is being forced to use a melee weapon that is identical in every single way except taking more hits to kill things a good thing endgame?

>See above.
The above was retarded.

>Your logic is still hopelessly flawed and stupid.
Are you actually implying players shouldn't be allowed to complete the game with tree branches if they want, or that making the majority of weapons redundant was a good idea?

>it was literally actually a challenge to even understand your post because of how stupid it was.
Oh, I don't think it was the post that was stupid.
>>
the way that BoTW does durability is actually the only good way to do it
Its almost on par with Dead Rising (the original only)

the next best is something like FONV

most games that have durability systems just make them so trivial and like busy work they might as well not even be in the game
>>
If it was literally any other game series or company nobody would be defending it.
>>
>>377659461
Ancient weapons are just useless bonus shit that looks cool, you don't need them, there's no reason to even bother getting them unless you have a surplus of rupees and ancient materials and nothing else to spend them on. The common drops are more than good enough to take you through the whole game, even if you're a complete scrub you DONT NEED the fucking ancient weapons.
>>
>>377659675
>>377659675
>The weaker weapons don't have more worth.
Yes they do, because of durability, all weapons have worth. Without it, weaker weapons immediately become obsolete. I never said they're worth more. Just that they have more worth.
> weaker weapons had much higher durability, or even infinite durability
Actually I firmly believe that would be a terrible change because it would just introduce a new issue where your "best" weapons are all flimsy bullshit.
>>
>>377659787
Again, aside from Stasis those mechanics are not reliable, and again, we are not you videogamedunkey.

We do not want to waste 30 minutes on a single 3 man encounter trying to get some gimmicky shit to work because the mechanics are unreliable.
>>
File: 1471194609487.jpg (22KB, 293x341px) Image search: [Google]
1471194609487.jpg
22KB, 293x341px
>>377659787
I have and someone explained it better than me

>>377659139
>>
>>377659225

>That's insane and I defy you to give a rational and sound argument for it.
It would encourage you to get good, treasure any weapon you find, use tact when facing enemies, and it would make you mourn the loss of even the weakest enemy weapon you find. every encounter with someone who has a weapon would be like a boss battle AND a treasure all rolled up into one. If you can't figure out how to make the best of your situation, you deserve to lose all your progress. It's time we stop coddling the casuals, and that's my issue with the weapon durability system: it's way too forgiving. Unless you only want one specific weapon, you will never run out. No consequence.

>No, it just makes you value your resources without getting obsessive/crazy because you know you aren't losing something forever if it breaks
If the fear of losing something forever isn't constantly in your heart, then you didn't make your video game right. It's the equivalent of a roguelike that lets you save your progress and quickload when you make a bad decision. You're coddling to the casual masses who don't want to invest time.
>>
>>377659678
>You know these are completely pointless during combat right?
So you never played the game, okay.
I pity fools who talk about shit they haven't experienced.

>>377659139
>if I shit talk the apps maybe someone will be tricked into believing they're not useful in combat
>>
>>377660023
>i totes have played it, i'm not a complete retard i swear

Allow me to call bullshit, mongoloid-kun
>>
>>377659146
>How fucking bad do you have to be at this game that you can't kill anything with a Royal Broadsword?
>someone calls a weapon trash
>assumes it means the player can't overcome enemies with it
>not that it's worse than its direct competition in every regard and lacks any niche
Really activates the almonds.
>>
>>377659886
The best weapons are all flimsy bullshit anyways, because ALL weapons are all flimsy bullshit. It's not a better system.
>>
>>377659870
If it was literally any other game series or company nobody would be attacking it.
>>
>>377660016
>They are useless
>except when they aren't and i'm retarded, hurrr durr
>>
>>377659327
>And how the fuck does that discourage you from using them exactly?
Because then you lose them.

>>377659339
>when chances are at least one of those 10-15 enemies will drop the exact same weapon type that you used up against them?
Because Lizal Tri-Boomerangs are already uncommon and barely anything drops the better rods?
>>
>>377660265
Rods last an absurly long time. What is your major disfunction, retard?
>>
Durability system is fine, but the shit breaks way too easy.
>>
>>377660123
>The best weapons are all flimsy bullshit anyways
No, because if you look at things with a relative perspective, the best weapons last for fucking ever and flimy clubs crafted by orc folk break in 5 hits.
>>
>>377660132
You have to be a special kind of stupid to think that people would be fine with this pants on head retarded system if it didn't have a big Zelda slapped on the cover.
>Sword disintegrates after 10 hits
>Gun explodes into fragments after two mags
>Spaceship cannon self-destructs after four volleys
>>
File: 1474616739450~01~01.png (338KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474616739450~01~01.png
338KB, 600x450px
>>377660057
It's better to just rush in a enemy camp quickly killing everyone in a few minutes than sneaking or using the apps. Really if they're so useful, explain them to me in detail how they're useful because I never used them outside of Shrines.
>>
>>377660265

>Because Lizal Tri-Boomerangs are already uncommon

Have you tried fighting Lizalfos?

>and barely anything drops the better rods?

Have you tried fighting Wizzrobes?

I'm genuinely confused, Lizal Tri-boomerangs are usually the clutter of my weapons; the thing I have so many of, I use them for anything I don't want to waste the durability of my good weapons on.
>>
>>377660057
>>377660186
They simply aren't.

Bombs are only useful for either detonating exploding barrels, or MAYBE for breaking up a mob so you can target one enemy.

Magnesis, again, uses really, REALLY unreliable and unpredictable physics. Trying to use Magnesis in place of an actual weapon feels like playing a really, really bad version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It also requires there to be a metal object to use in general, which is not common in fights.

Cryonis is only used in the two examples I already mentioned. Cryonis would actually be interesting and useful if when it rained you could use it anywhere. Instead it's just used for water puzzles.

And Stasis, which is universally always incredibly useful in combat, does not prevent damage from being done to your weapons as you need to use it in conjunction with them.
>>
>>377647201
>run on batteries until you fight bosses that matter and enemies that are cannon

Are you stupid?
>>
>>377659487
>Unless you introduce something called "durability" which then creates a whole new level on which to evaluate weapons.
There's nothing to evaluate. You use strong weapons for strong enemies and trash against trash, it just wastes time and cuts down on your options/makes you use weak shit.

>It's a GOOD thing to make weaker weapons have more worth
There shouldn't be weaker weapons. Everything should have it's own strengths and be able to contribute endgame based solely on those. That's true diversity and far, far more interesting.
>>
>>377657254
Why the fuck has this IP meme persisted?
>>
>>377660614
Don't you know? You're only ever allowed one post per thread, otherwise it's samefagging.
>>
>>377659582
>if it meaningfully distinct option, it's garbage
Correct.
>>
>>377660773
*if it isn't*
>>
>>377660543
>Sword disintegrates after 10 hits
wtf, how are you losing your sword after 10 hits? Maybe try not hitting the enemy's shield so much. Or is it too much to ask that you do more than just mash A to fight enemies and actually use some tactics?
>>
>>377660580
>hey, i'm a retard

>please read my reatrded opnions

tl:dr you are a retard, anon.
>>
>>377659874
>Ancient weapons are just useless bonus shit that looks cool
>the highest raw damage weapons in the game are useless
What?

>there's no reason to even bother getting them unless you have a surplus of rupees
You can snag them from Major Test of Strength respawns.

>The common drops are more than good enough to take you through the whole game
Problem is they're completely redundant and boring.
>>
>>377660612
so then you gotta decide to either save or use those weapons, because its limited and requires backtracking after youve used it, to acquire it again.

zero criteria, cept, ya know, dont use the god killer on a smurf because thats a waste. nope. none at all
>>
durability system is fine. the issue is the inventory management. they should have let you switch between 2 weapons faster or let you go left when using the quick menu
>>
>>377661057
What a great and detailed refutement of every one of my points, certainly a more compelling argument than what I posted.
>>
>>377661128
>You can snag them from Major Test of Strength respawns.

Those are guardian weapons. He was talking about the Ancient Weapons, that you can only get from trading in rupees and ancient materials at the Akalla Lab, and they generally aren't worth the grind needed to obtain them even if they are superior.
>>
>>377660369
>Rods last an absurly long time.
And then explode into nothingness.

>What is your major disfunction, retard?
Speaking of retards, how many 'd's are there in 'absurdly'?
>>
Will the anal armageddon from sony ponies and other shitskins ever abate?

Will they stop making retarded, hilariously unsubtle shitposting thread about shit they don't know about someday? How many years will these autist hold ?
>>
>>377661296
Ancient Bow and Ancient Arrows are the absolute best weapons in the game, and will last you a long time.

That said, the fact that those two weapons make all others pointless is pretty shit design anyways.
>>
>>377660561
>Have you tried fighting Lizalfos?
Yes, most don't have them.

>Have you tried fighting Wizzrobes?
Yes, and very few have Meteor/Blizzard/Thunderstorm rods.
>>
>>377660559
>because I never used them outside of Shrines.
You never used them period. But to humor your bullshit

boko cave
>stealth snipe the lookout
>climb the tower or jump high in the air and target the hanging lantern

boko encampment
>find high ground to paraglide from
>drop ONE(1) bomb near explosive barrels
>applies to encampments on the ground or on trees

lizalfos chokepoint
>use cryonis on puddles to shield yourself from electric arrows

And when you upgraded stasis you can use it a lot on tough enemies. Magnesis is also useful for initiating a fight by dropping a box/chest if you're not in the mood for fooling around.
>>
>>377661242
yes, you posted retarded shit, so i answered that it was retarded shit.

I'm sorry that you are retarded, but there's nothing i can do about it on my end. You gotta work on it yourself. Retard
>>
>>377656757
>So what you're saying is, choice is bad, and we need Papa Nintendo to force us to use shitty weapons.
Yes, that's exactly it. Curated games >>>>>> absolute choice.

You can play minecraft or you can enjoy good games.
>>
>>377656920
Servicing them.
>>
>>377647201
Honestly the master sword should either been removed from the game or only work on bosses like the fierce diety mask. Its the worst part of the game.
>>
>>377661149
>so then you gotta decide to either save or use those weapons,
You save good shit for good enemies while trash gets trash. It's almost like a super shitty weakness system.

>dont use the god killer on a smurf because thats a waste
Because of durability. Why is the game deeper for encouraging me to use my 30 damage melee weapon in place of my otherwise identical 100 damage melee weapon?
>>
>>377660580
>Bombs are only useful for either detonating exploding barrels
Someone post webms of Link divebombing encampments.

>It also requires there to be a metal object to use in general, which is not common in fights.
They're common in encampments though. And nobody's forcing you to stick to magnesis you dumbass.

>Cryonis is only used in the two examples I already mentioned.
Also useful in the Zora kingdom when you haven't tackled the divine beast before. There's a lot of big water puddles you can use it on so you don't always die to lightning arrows.

>Stasis does not prevent damage from being done to your weapons
Your point was that they were useless in combat. Moving the goalposts doesn't make your point valid all of a sudden
>>
>>377659678
>You can't kill a Lynel when starting out because the beginning weapons break too fast even if the player is skilled at the game.
You know that flurries don't deplete durability right? Maybe if you got gud at the mechanics instead of trying to cheese you'd get more out of the game
>>
BREATH OF THE WILD ISN'T FLAWED JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T LET GO OF YOUR AUTISM AND SIMPLY ALLOW YOURSELF TO CALL THE GAME PERFECT

IF YOU EVER FOUND YOURSELF COMPLAINING THAT BREATH OF THE WILD ISN'T PERFECT OR THAT IT'S OVERRATED, THAT'S YOUR FAULT FOR BEING A SONYPONY. NOT THE GAME'S.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY
>>
>>377661462
Why do you NEED those very specific weapons in order to enjoy the game? This is the entirely wrong mindset to be playing BotW. I enjoyed the game more just by using whatever I had in stock and not attaching myself to any specific weapon.

This is kind of what the Eventide Island event is supposed to teach you. It forces you start over from scratch and make do with whatever weapons you can scrounge up, it teaches you that you don't REALLY need that "Tri Lizal Booomerang", it's just a nice thing to have until you don't have it anymore, then you make do with something else. That's how you should be approaching this game's weapon system.
>>
>>377661551
>Curated games >>>>>> absolute choice.
>You can play minecraft or you can enjoy good games.
>what is Vanquish
>what is DMC3
>what is Ninja Gaiden
>what is Bayonetta
>all these games with much better combat than BotW
>absolutely none of them have a durability system of any sort
You, sir, are the stupidest motherfucker in this thread, and that's saying something.
>>
>>377661752
>you know that flurries don't deplete durability right

Hahahahahaha, this is a complete fucking lie.
>>
>>377661752
>You know that flurries don't deplete durability right
But they do.
>>
>>377662012
>Japanese games
I rest my case here.
>>
>>377661850
>Why do you NEED those very specific weapons in order to enjoy the game?
Because they are some of the very few tactically distinct weapons, whereas most of the rest is the exact same thing that hits for lower numbers.

>This is the entirely wrong mindset to be playing BotW.
The point of the game is freedom. Why am I not allowed, at any point, to use the weapons I want without having to go through the hassle of restocking them?

>then you make do with something else
But that 'something else' is terribly boring.
>>
>>377662113
>Zelda isn't a Japanese game
>>
>>377662247
Why am i not allowed, at any point, to just 70 heart and a 394383 power weapon. wtf nintendo i thought this was a freedom focused game!
>>
>>377655554
what video
>>
>>377661676
>Why is the game deeper
Because you have other options to take down smurfs instead of pigeonholing on your melee weapons.
>>
>>377662378
>Why am i not allowed, at any point, to just 70 heart and a 394383 power weapon.
Does the game already let you achieve that state in the game, or have anything to do with combat movesets?
>>
>>377662247
>Because they are some of the very few tactically distinct weapons, whereas most of the rest is the exact same thing that hits for lower numbers.
???
but there are many common boomerangs that do the exact same thing as the tri lizal boomerang. their only difference is in strength/durability.
>>
>>377661752
It does. I've gotten the "weapon is about to break" prompt in the middle of a flurry many times.
>>
>>377662247
>restocking is a hassle
nigger what
>>
>>377662503
>Because you have other options to take down smurfs
But those 'other options' are completely identical outside damage per hit, and the functionally different ones are also limited by durability.

>instead of pigeonholing on your melee weapons.
>durability
>a system which limits weapon usage for fear of losing them
>doesn't pigeonhole the player
>>
>>377662530
no obviously not, but it should, I , ME, MYSELF want to be an overpowered fuck, so Nintendo should cater to my every wants.

Weapon should also be unbreakable and pink, because that's what I want. ME
>>
>>377662573
>their only difference is in strength/durability.
Which makes them straight up worse and redundant.

>>377662659
I don't find teleporting to the same empty part of the map to pull the same sword out of the ground particularly engaging gameplay.
>>
>>377662681
Again, your concern is only valid if the game were only melee weapons and nothing else.
Your bow and arrow not getting any use? The slate?
Your horse? They can ram down bokos if you didn't know.

Reason why you have that problem is you don't vary your approach. I bet you go in sword drawn instead of dealing damage from whatever else.
>>
>>377662826
well, you are the hoarding autist that absolutely want to use the same weapon. Millions of other people manage not doign that perfectly well
>>
>>377662695
>no obviously not
Well guess what? The game already lets you use the weapons, which make up the most important part of your melee moveset, and there is no option to work around the shitty durability system save not to use them or restock.

>I , ME, MYSELF want to be an overpowered fuck
>being able to use the same weapon in the same way we already do for an indefinite number of encounters, like you can in games with much better, much harder combat, is OP
>food and armor doesn't break the game in half already
?
>>
>>377656943
>Not if they could simply swing a Savage Lynel Crusher to solve any problem.
The problem is that every fight in the game can be won by having a good weapon, but the majority of the game has you fighting against trash. The only reason to not use the best possible weapon in any situation is so you won't break it in case something actually dangerous comes up, which leaves you using shit like Lizal Spears and some variant of the Boko Club for 90% of fights.

>>377658425
Dark Souls DOES have bombs. Magnesis is almost never useful because you can only use it on 1/1000 conveniently placed boulders. Stasis does literally nothing in combat until you get + which breaks the entire game wide open and trivializes everything except Ganon. Cryonis does literally nothing in combat either unless you're fighting in deep water somehow.
>>
>>377662898
Bows have durability too, fucknut, and arrows do piss for damage even if you're using the fucking Great Eagle Bow or whatever it was called.
>>
>>377662695

>Weapon should also be unbreakable and [I should be able to change their color], because that's what I want. ME

You're trying to make ridiculous statements to disprove his argument, but you fucked up and listed two features that would objectively improve the game. How did you manage that?
>>
>>377663057
If you can't understand this you might be even retarded than i thought. Literally darkest africa IQ
>>
File: B0053BCMAC.01.sm.jpg (17KB, 225x270px) Image search: [Google]
B0053BCMAC.01.sm.jpg
17KB, 225x270px
What? People are defending this? I thought we all hated it ever since Paper Mario did this shit.
>>
>>377663202
>I am an idiot, so i WILL agree to a retarded statement

This is the average /v/ shitposter. Sad, desu
>>
>>377662898
>Your bow and arrow not getting any use?
Yes, but it also breaks and is limited by ammo.

>The slate?
Stasis is the only one worth using regularly, and only as a complement.

>They can ram down bokos if you didn't know.
I did know.

>Reason why you have that problem is you don't vary your approach.
'Varying my approach' doesn't solve the issue that my toys will, inevitably, break, and have to be restocked if I wished to use them again. Which is a huge pisser.

>I bet you go in sword drawn instead of dealing damage from whatever else.
I use a variety of weapons, Stasis, Urbosa's and bows regularly.
>>
>>377662247
>Why am I not allowed, at any point, to use the weapons I want without having to go through the hassle of restocking them?

Because that's not the type of game BotW is. If you want Dark Souls then play Dark Souls. BotW is an adventure game built around the concept of weapons being a consumable resource and the player having to change their tactics frequently based on their current inventory and the situation.
>>
>>377663197
>he can't aim at the head since most Zelda enemies are stationary at first
Thanks for implying that for me.
>>
>>377662993
>shills and retards are ok with a shitty weapon system
>this makes it not shitty
>>
>>377663267
It's an entirely different thing when a turn-based RPG has consumable attacks and when a real time action-adventure game has consumable attacks, they aren't comparable at all.
>>
>>377646740
When the durability system works like it's meant to (i.e. in most early-game enemy skirmishes where you're going from weapon to weapon and everything's dynamic as fuck) then it's fun, but to get that "fun" the game had to make a lot of sacrifices.

>no meaningful progression
>Master Sword is a disappointment
>Lynel fights are more gear-based than skill-based
>once you're stocked up on weapons then the fun disappears and it turns into a grind
>lots of tedious inventory management
>non-boss dungeon enemies are sparse and incredibly trivial
>only three real types of common enemies and they're all humanoid (so they can use weapons), non-humanoid enemies die in one hit
etc

I don't think it's worth making the first ten hours of the game fun if it ruins the rest of the game.
>>
>>377663224
>he didn't know armor and food already breaks the game, so infinite weapon durability wouldn't be an issue
>>
>>377663408
>change their tactics

>all weapons are functionally identical; mash attack and flurry.
>>
>>377663408
>BotW is an adventure game built around the concept of weapons being a consumable resource
Which is a terrible concept that was terribly executed. BotW uses hack and slash gameplay, weapon durability hinders that gameplay.
>>
>>377660580
i used bombs constantly in my playthrough

i beat the hinox on eventide entirely with bombs
>>
Name me one other game in which weapons breaking is a "good" feature. I'll go ahead and cross some examples off the list.

>Fallout
Literally every build except for NV's fucking barehanded shit will encourage repair at some point.
>TES
Bethesda made Armorer a skill only used to give buffs to weapons instead of repairing them and that's one of the few things pretty much everyone will agree Skyrim improved on.
>Souls
Excessive weapon breaking in 2 was met with pretty much universal disdain, director openly took this into consideration when making 3 in which durability is pretty much always a nonissue because he hates it too.
>fucking Minecraft
Every single player, even the most braindead 10 year old, rushes diamond shit to get rid of the hassle of breaking. Enchantments and items were added specifically to make weapon durability less annoying.
>>
File: 1495413363096.jpg (191KB, 563x594px) Image search: [Google]
1495413363096.jpg
191KB, 563x594px
Ask a man with alzheimers about video games
>>
>>377663547
>It's an entirely different thing when a turn-based RPG has consumable attacks and when a real time action-adventure game has consumable attacks

Please provide a citation.
>>
>>377646740
>STOP HATING WHAT I LIKE REEEE

-u
>>
>>377663742
Honestly durability has never been good, it's either pointless or annoying as fuck.
>>
>>377663742
BotW. I firmly believe this game would be worse if all things were the same except weapons never break.
>>
>>377663398
Breaking is only an issue if you had a dearth of options. You don't even run out of melee weapons once you're out of the plateau.
You're just complaining to complain at this point.
>>
>>377663898
>dude you don't run out of weapons if you can always have boko clubs xD
>>
>>377663898
>These issues arent problems cuz I SAY SOOO

That's essentially your response, not that guy but you're a fag.
>>
>>377663898
>You don't even run out of melee weapons once you're out of the plateau

Unless you run into a Lynel, or any mini-boss.
>>
>>377663898

If you don't run out of weapons, and all weapons are more or less identical, why implement a durability system?
>>
>>377659830
Then don't use your best shit against fucking bokoblins jesus christ. If you really want to kill them for whatever reason, and you really dont want to risk ending up with a royal weapon, then use your bow or some bombs or something. What kind of implausible scenario is it to have an upgraded inventory with Lynel/Ancient weapons that you don't want to waste, yet you really want to kill some bokoblins and you don't have the master sword? Well then guess what, your weapon is eventually going to brake and you'll end up with a royal sword. Now use that to go kill a Lynel. I'm doing a low heart run and the royal weapons are fine against everything.

I can absolutely see why some people don't like the durability system because of the way it feels that weapons, which is usually a constant, is now a consumable. But your way of trying to argue about it comes off as incredibly contrived and, dare I say it, slightly autistic since you absolutely don't need to have the absolute best weapon in every slot in your inventory if your still going to go around killing bokoblins.
>>
>>377663792

In BotW's combat system, you can throw your weapon that's about to break at an enemy, making him drop his weapon, and then you can go and pick up the enemy's weapon and immediately start using it against him. Or you can switch to your bow and shoot the enemy in the head to knock it back to stall for time, or sneak up on the enemy and do a sneak strike to preserve durability, etc... You can't do any of this in a turn-based RPG system. That's why it is not comparable.
>>
g-guys
what if
what if
what if you picked up a boko club
and you had it forever and it never broke
but you couldn't pick up any more boko clubs
and you would throw it away once you found something better

the game would be better and you know it
>>
>>377663898
>Breaking is only an issue if you had a dearth of options.
But you do. Most weapons are redundant stat sticks and the few unique ones shatter like everything else.
>>
>>377663267
It's not a problem in most Turn-Based RPGs because in those you usually have some sort of basic/normal attack to fall back on. In BotW, you have no "basic" weapon that won't break.
>>
>>377664353

>you can't [defeat enemy and use what he drops] in sticker star.

I know it was shit, anon, but at least play a game before talking about it.
>>
>>377664212
By that point you already have decent weapons and you won't need to empty your melee inventory.

>>377664246
Because managing your weapons is better instead of blindly flailing around like a faggot?

>>377664015
>>377664136
no u
>>
nintendo dindu nuffin wrong
>>
Serious question, is it normal to run out of weapons? I've played for 130 hours and not once even being close, yet when I read the comments here it seems like your all being forced to run around with an empty inventory or one filled with boko clubs? What the hell are you doing?
>>
It's kinda like the encumberance in Bethesda RPGs. You know it's there, and you hate it, but there's not much you can do about it.
>>
>>377664383
So use those redundant stat sticks then, because you never run out of them anyway.
>and the few unique ones shatter like everything else.
This is a problem if they never respawned. They do, so again, what's the fucking problem?
>>
>>377664563
>managing your weapons

When has durability ever forced you to manage weapons in BotW? Aside from the completely brain-dead "decision" that is "use strong weapon against a strong guy and weak weapon against a weak guy", you'll just swing with one weapon until it breaks and then move on to the next one. There is no management involved.
>>
>>377664636
Except in this case since it's a Nintendo game nobody can fucking let it go and people have to constantly write thousands upon thousands of words arguing about why they hate durability and why you're not allowed to like this game because of it.
>>
>>377664636
Except in this case since it's a Nintendo game nobody can fucking let it go and people have to constantly write thousands upon thousands of words arguing about why durability is a good thing and why you're not allowed to dislike this game because of it.
>>
>>377664563
>By that point you already have decent weapons and you won't need to empty your melee inventory.

Wrong, many people including myself ran into their first Lynel, emptied their inventory, and then couldn't do shit.
>>
>>377664778
Not him but you can do some nifty things with the elemental weapons. Set fire to Hinox's shin guard if it's wood or shock him if it's metal. Messing around with the freeze effects is pretty fun too.
>>
>>377664916

That is completely unrelated to durability, and is an example of good game design.
>>
>>377664872
That sounds exactly like how it's supposed to be. It's not like you need to fight a Lynel and it's not like you can't just load. Or you know, kill an enemy and take his weapon.
>>
>>377664285
>Then don't use your best shit against fucking bokoblins jesus christ.
And why is this a thing in the first place? Why am I not free to use my options in the most tactically intelligent way possible without having to spend ten minutes warping around the map after a blood moon, especially when most of those options are identical outside damage per hit?

>then use your bow
To eat durability and arrows?

>or some bombs
To chip silvers to death?

>What kind of implausible scenario
>implausible
The word you're looking for is 'ideal', but you'd want elementals mixed in.

>the master sword
That's another issue. Why is the blade of evil's bane a trash sweeper?

>your weapon is eventually going to brake and you'll end up with a royal sword.
Which means fighting suboptimally for the sake of a system nobody likes that doesn't make the game any more interesting.

>the royal weapons are fine against everything.
They're also completely redundant compared to Savage/Ancient weapons. That is poor design.

>you absolutely don't need to have the absolute best weapon in every slot in your inventory
You never need the best options, but durability is an absolute shit way of discouraging you from using your best options and the other options are identical to your best options, but weaker and boring. What is the upside to this shit but to solve a supposed balance problem Nintendo created because of the durability system in the first place?
>>
>>377665039
>kill an enemy and take his weapon
>first Lynel
So boko clubs and lizal spears?
>>
>>377665014
It's unrelated to durability, but not unrelated to inventory management (although I wouldn't argue it's a big part in BotW). Saving elemental weapons for use against enemies who are weak to them is not exactly "swing with one weapon until it breaks then move on the the next"
>>
>>377664778
Yes I'm sure Korok leaves and elemental wands are the same thing as your melee weapons.
Or elemental weapons so that you don't get hot in the desert or cold in the snow.
Yep, no management at all.

>>377664872
Wow it's like a miniboss was meant to be hard.
>>
>>377664761
>So use those redundant stat sticks then
But that's simply retarded.

>They do, so again, what's the fucking problem?
The pointless busywork of reacquiring them and the time spent after they break and before they respawn you're without them.
>>
>>377665182
>hard
Tedium isn't difficulty.

If I play through Skyrim by just punching things and staying at level 1, it's not hard, just boring.
>>
>>377665039
>That sounds exactly like how it's supposed to be

So broken as fuck?

>>377665182
Lynels are not "hard" in a mechanical sense, especially for anyone who has even the slightest bit of experience with action games. Especially considering flurry rush is ridiculously overpowered. The only thing stopping you from slaughtering en masse is a lack of weapons. That's not difficulty, that's just shit game design.
>>
>>377664627
>What the hell are you doing?
Shitposting. There's at least 5 people in this thread analpained about how Zelda is runaway GOTY.
>>
>>377665142

Anon, the other anon specifically said that durability's inclusion led to interesting and stimulating item management decisions. You don't need to chime in with something unrelated that I agree with.
>>
>>377665462
No one gives a shit about GOTY awards.
>>
>>377665462
>shitposting

When will you idiots stop misusing this term?
Shitposting != being critical of a game you like
Shitposting = low quality posts, as in what you're doing
>>
>>377665238
>But that's simply retarded.
Explain.
>The pointless busywork
I could argue that going back to a repair shop in an open world game is pointless busywork.
>>
File: 1454602651266.png (171KB, 439x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454602651266.png
171KB, 439x400px
>>377665182
>Wow it's like a miniboss was meant to be hard.

>boss is extremely easy to beat and goes down pretty much like everything else in the game
>except he has a shitload of health and you're likely to run out of weapons before you can kill him
That's not "hard", that's annoying. Elder Scrolls or Dark Souls would not be better games if your weapons disintegrated upon fighting a dragon.
>>
>>377665182
>Yes I'm sure Korok leaves and elemental wands are the same thing as your melee weapons.

I'm not seeing any management in leaving a slot open for the leaf, anon. If that takes brain cells for you, I don't know what to say.

>Or elemental weapons so that you don't get hot in the desert or cold in the snow.

I was unaware that elemental weapons could not exist if Nintendo scrapped the durability system.
>>
>>377665297
>>377665370
>Lynels are tedious
How mad does someone have to be to say this?
Scale from 1-10. I give it about an 8.8.
>>
File: ௵.png (8KB, 376x260px) Image search: [Google]
௵.png
8KB, 376x260px
>>377665629
>I could argue that going back to a repair shop in an open world game is pointless busywork.
IT IS
YES, YOU HAVE CRACKED THE CODE
DURABILITY SYSTEMS ARE NEVER GOOD
>>
>>377665093
Because this game has a durability system. Your best "tactical" decision is to either roll with it or stop playing. I don't even understand what the hell you're doing in the game if you're running around killing bokoblins, yet dread the thought of having to go fight a Lynel for his weapon. It doesn't make any sense. Your arguing about your "best tactical decision" like it even matters when you're so deep into the late game. I honestly think your making all of these scenarios up.

Overall I think the durability system is fun, especially at lower levels where you'll actually scramble for weapons mid fight. The only thing I don't like is weapons breaking from mining/chopping trees.
>>
>>377665748
If you remove the durability system, you have to remove the different weapons too, because it's pointless to have more than one.

Congratulations, it's a by the numbers game that thankfully Nintendo never considered creating botw.
>>
>>377665614
Implying the game forces you to play with only boko clubs since everything breaks too quickly is borderline shitposting though.
>>
>>377665629
>Explain.
I'm not doing anything I wouldn't normally do with those same weapons types, shit is just dying slower. There is no tactical advantage to using them, it contributes nothing to the game while weakening the player for no reason.

>I could argue that going back to a repair shop in an open world game is pointless busywork.
If you're talking about something like Souls, I would agree, difference is it's super infrequent, faster than regathering weapons in BotW and when a weapon breaks it isn't permanently gone along with whatever special traits it had.
>>
>>377665093
Or you know, just keep one of your weapon slots open for a bokoblin clearing weapon that won't trigger you if it gets replaced by a royal sword
>>
>>377665935
God forbid they'd actually have to put work, effort, and thought into their game.
>>
File: 1466025333567.png (218KB, 900x851px) Image search: [Google]
1466025333567.png
218KB, 900x851px
>>377665935
Fucking Skyrim has greater weapon variety than BotW and it
>was released in 2011
>did not have a durability system
See also any Souls or pretty much any game for that matter. There's a reason every Bethesda RPG lets you pretty much nullify durability lategame.
>>
>>377658169
>You don't want to spend a good weapon to get a shitty weapon, fucktard. Nobody does.

You don't spend a good weapon to get a shitty weapon. You spend a weapon to beat an enemy.
>>
>>377665848
>Because this game has a durability system.
Which is shit design. The fact you can adapt to shit design does not stop it from being shit design.

>Your best "tactical" decision
There's virtually nothing tactical to it. It serves almost universally to weaken the player from a pure numbers standpoint or restrict you from using the few functionally different options.

>It doesn't make any sense.
If I can beat the shit out of lynels effortlessly, why am I not free to use my best shit against trash foes without penalty? What is being gained from this?

>Your arguing about your "best tactical decision" like it even matters when you're so deep into the late game.
>just ignore the actual game mechanics or anything that adds enjoyment to combat
Are you intentionally trying to sound stupid?

>I honestly think your making all of these scenarios up.
I honestly think you're not thinking at all.

>Overall I think the durability system is fun
It's garbage. Like most of the weapons it grants purpose to.
>>
>>377655554
Yeah, that was always the joke. Green Link getting blown, and Blue and Red Link getting tugs. Not especially lewd
>>
>>377666161
and you do? lol

>>377666272
Fucking Skyrim also had the problem where if you got Daedric loot, anything else was trash the rest of the game.

It's a by the numbers system for open world then.
>>
>>377665935
>Zeldafags are so retarded they can't spot the differences between weapons in their own game
Wew lad.
>>
>>377666045
>clutter your inventory with trash, even though it only serves to solve a problem created by durability in the first place
>>
>>377665701
>not enjoying knocking off monsters off high ledges so there's less weapons to waste
Okay smart gamer

>I was unaware that elemental weapons could not exist if Nintendo scrapped the durability system.
Wtf? Sparingly using elemental weapons for their other usages and breaking them when finding another one isn't a thing now?
>>
File: 1477951871305.jpg (59KB, 204x217px) Image search: [Google]
1477951871305.jpg
59KB, 204x217px
>>377666581
But unless you went through massive exploits and powergaming, it would take you quite a while to get Daedric armor. There's nothing wrong with there being an objectively best set of gear that takes objectively the longest time to obtain.

And NO Souls game, BB included, has an objectively best weapon, despite the durability system being a formality at most.

Idiot.
>>
daily reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVseQ3RDa6s
>>
>>377666997
But the option is there, to trivialize the game for the rest of the run. Zelda eliminates that practice. Nothing wrong with that.

>And NO Souls game, BB included, has an objectively best weapon, despite the durability system being a formality at most.
>literally arguing that weapons in souls game have similar stats so there's no point choosing
Isn't this the same argument fags use in this thread too? lmao
>>
File: 1400494774473.gif (3MB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1400494774473.gif
3MB, 500x394px
>>377646740
no it's a shit system that has no more redeemable qualities than the systems its trying to replace. It's the anti. It's not the future that's for sure.
>>
>>377667124
BORN DIFFERENT
>>
>>377666997
>And NO Souls game, BB included, has an objectively best weapon

Zweihander, Estoc, and Claymore are better than pretty much everything else in DaS1, maybe Man-Serpent Greatsword.

BB has the pizza wheel which does insane damage, has the best rally recovery in the game, and is easy to use. And as far as guns go, the Evelyn, the cannon, and Repeating Pistol are way better than anything else.
>>
>>377667225
>have similar stats

>different movesets
>different scaling
>different player builds
>different enchantments
>different damage types
Souls combat is on a whole nother level compared to BotW. It's not even fair to compare the two.
>>
>>377667124
>weapon durability systems are fucking boring

pretty much this

anyone who defends this shit needs to die
>>
>>377667448
>Zweihander, Estoc, and Claymore are better than pretty much everything else in DaS1
>what is Painting Guardian Sword
>what is Great Scythe
>what is Balder Side Sword
>what is Winged Spear

>BB has the pizza wheel which does insane damage, has the best rally recovery in the game, and is easy to use.
It's also quite slow, lacks the range antics of the bow/Ludwigs, and the easy, fast R1 stunlocks of many of the medium sized weapons.
>>
>>377667448
Anyone who thinks zwe is one of the best weapons is surely stupid.
>>
>>377668243
>fucking giant hitbox and swing arc
>ridiculous amount of damage
>staggers or knocks down enemies like nothing

yeah it's such a shitty weapon.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.