[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Wii U, Nintendo tried to grow the 'Wii' Brand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: no.jpg (97KB, 720x431px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
97KB, 720x431px
With Wii U, Nintendo tried to grow the 'Wii' Brand like Playstation and Xbox. When Wii U flopped, Nintendo realized that they ARE the brand.

Wii U was like Sony releasing a sequel to PS3 called PS3U which would most definitely be a flop.

Nintendo is it's own brand.

I'm rambling on here.

Nintendo Switch Successor will be completely different.
>>
>>377643719
> Wii U was like Sony releasing a sequel to PS3 called PS3U which would most definitely be a flop.
Yeah, cause 3DS was such a flop.
'Cause "New" 3DS was such a flop.
'Cause GameBoy Advance was such a flop.

Don't quit your day job, lad.
>>
>>377643921

My point was that a system called PS3U would cause obvious confusion. Is it an upgrade? a successor?

I wish Wii U was successful. It has a special place in my heart.
>>
>>377643719
Nah, they just fucked up the marketing. There was barely any real marketing done, at least in my country, to really get the message through that the Wii U is a different console. Most people I know who don't really follow videogames but play them sometimes don't even know the Wii and Wii U are two different consoles. Hell, I went to the electronics store in my city after the Switch launched to grab a copy of Zelda (because my roommate fucked up and ordered the Wii U version on accident), and the Nintendo games section was labeled "Wii". No Wii U or Nintendo anywhere, just Wii.
>>
>>377644217

They literally thought the system was going to sell itself based on the Wii name alone. It was a panic-release based on the rise of HD gaming. I feel like they just threw together a system after R&D for a year and said "here ya go".

The loading times were disgusting.

Netflix/Hulu would crash every few minutes.

Gamepad battery was disgusting.

After playing Smash, the right joystick on the gamepad kept sticking.

They thought quality software would outshine the problems with the hardware.
>>
>>377643921
wii u isn't an upgraded wii like the 3ds and new 3ds. in fact, op's argument is pretty accurate because if it wasn't for the bunch of new games and support from nintendo, the 3ds would of met the same fate as the wii u
>>
>>377644514
> They thought quality software would outshine the problems with the hardware.
Unfortunately, that's modern Nintendo in a nutshell.
>>
>>377644676
I don't mind hardware issues as long as we get decent Anti-Aliasing from Nintendo.

Not sure why Nintendo hates AA so much.
>>
>>377645060
At least software issues can be easily patched.
>>
>>377643719
>Wii U was like Sony releasing a sequel to PS3 called PS3U which would most definitely be a flop.
didn't sony release a "ps3 slim" as a sequel?
same with the ps4 pro
>>
>>377643719
>Sega Mark 3
>Master System
>Genesis
>Saturn
>Dreamcast

notice anything?

you're either intentionally retarded or aged 60+
>>
>>377648038

I referred to them as Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast.

Sega was the brand and company.

When you're a gaming-focused company, you need to be your own brand.
>>
>>377645060
>Not sure why Nintendo hates AA so much.
Nintendo will choose a better framerate over AA every single time. If it can't hit 60fps with AA, it doesn't get AA.

And thank God. Gettin real fucking tired of these photorealistic 20fps console games.
>>
>>377648459
I guess that's the upside to it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.